Mothering Forum banner

Thighs, stomach and back of the arms.... need exercises!

570 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  camracrazy 
#1 ·
I am a little under 5'6" and weigh 117.8lbs. Over the last year I've lost about 30lbs. I was down to 112 at my lowest but gained a little back.

Even when I was down to 112 I still had a poochy belly, and lots of extra jiggle on the inside of both thighs. My thighs actually didn't seem to change ANY with the 30lb weight loss. I also have "lunch lady arms" that I HATE. I was thinking that roller blading might be a good exercise to help the inside of my thighs, but what else can I do? We have walking paths (few to no hills), bike paths, and I have a gym membership. We have P90X but I'm not a big fan of workout videos. We also have a few fitness games for the Wii (Cardio Workout, Wii Fit, and EA Sports Active 2). We stream Netflix and it has some videos, but we don't have cable.

When I was at 112 I didn't like how gaunt my face looked (I didn't try to get that low, I was sick for a few months and couldn't hold food down well). So I'm not looking to lose a bunch of weight, I just want the areas I mentioned to look better.

#3 ·
I didn't even think about yoga. Thanks for the idea!

I went to the gym with a friend last night and did a circuit (weights and cardio) and it wasn't too bad. I still can't figure out what is triggering my asthma though so I am trying to not over do to the point where I have a major attack again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.