double jogger - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-13-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is the go-to double jogger? Im just getting back into jogging after a 3 year hiatus. Im no marathoner. I have a 2yo and a 7 week old. my 7 week old has Down syndrome so he'll be late to sit up. Ive heard the Bob Revolution is good. any thoughts??

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 AM

I love my BOB! Granted it is a single stroller, but for running there is nothing else better on the market. I usually run about 4-5x a week 3-4 miles at a time and he BOB is super smooth and I can literally maneuver it with one finger. The sun shield is extra long so my LO never ends up being blinded by the sun. My sister in law has the double and pushes her 4y.o and 15month old with ease. I have tried hers and it is just as easy as the single. A lot of the other jogging strollers have a fixed front wheel which is a major pain when turning or even veering to the right or left. If you go with the BOB make sure to get the Revolution with the swivel wheel. It is a few bucks more but TOTALLY worth every penny. Also the seats are adjustable to sit up or lay back. Happy Jogging!!!!!

A Mommy In Love!!!

#3 of 4 Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

thank you!! now... should I get one now while theyre on sale at amazon, buy a used one off craigslist (which is hit or miss since ppl want close to retail for a 5 year old one with wear and tear headscratch.gif), or wait 6 months til DS2 can actually use it?

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#4 of 4 Old 09-13-2011, 03:47 PM

I thought about the craigslist gig too but I ended up going with a new one. For the price that people want for one you really could almost buy a new one.  Amazon has good deals if you get free shipping but youre out of luck if something breaks within a week or so. I got mine from REI. They have pretty good sales sometimes and if you join their co-op (for only 20 dollars a year) you have free maintenance on all equipment you purchase from them, and you get shares of their stock which you can use for more gear or cash it out for the money. Its a pretty good deal. The strollers have a great track record but I just like the idea of having some place local to return it to if something breaks. As for waiting 6 months, I had my DS in mine at 5mos old. I just secured him with a few blankets to make it nice and cozy. The seats are really deep and very safe. It was a bit of a strain on the pocket book but it is a stroller you will use for years and as you can see on craigslist they have a good re-sell rate.

A Mommy In Love!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page