Weight loss after miscarriage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, so I looked everywhere and couldn't find a thread about this. I was 16 weeks and miscarried. I spent all winter last year loosing weight and getting healthy. About 10-15 lbs from IDEAL weight, but I felt good. I took the summer off from my exercise program. Still was doing pretty good on weight. I got pregnant in the summer and had a MISERABLE first trimester. Had to eat every hour and intake tons of protein. Not all of my eating was healthy as most of it had to be fast and easy. Needless to say I gained fast and furious. I think I had about almost 20 lbs by the time I miscarried at 16 weeks. It has only been a few days since the miscarriage and I am down 7-10 lbs. I have to go about 15 to be back at my lowest weight in the last year. I don't have breastfeeding to use like my last postpartum recoveries. I am already craving BAD foods because of hormone fluctuations etc. I am really wanting to get back to normal right now. I had just put all my maternity clothes in my closet a few hours before I miscarried, so when I got home I opened my closet to that whole new wardrobe. That was so difficult the next day I put them all away again. I don't quite fit into the majority of my regular clothes, but I REFUSE to wear my maternity clothes. I have a few things that will get me by, but need to lose this stomach!! HELP, Anyone have good ideas how I can ease myself back into a healthy routine and when I can really start a rigorous exercise program? I want to be fully healed physically first especially because I lost a fair amount of blood with the D and C and miscarriage. Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks for the support.

#2 of 6 Old 11-24-2011, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Oh geez I was just thinking about this.  I still have a 10 lbs to go from my miscarriage in August!  Seriously I just went out and bought a pair of jeans and am dealing with it.  I generally lose weight from how I eat and due to the fact that I'm very active.  However my new job has my butt in a chair for 12 hrs a couple times a week.  NOT MOTIVATED even to do my normal walking! 

#3 of 6 Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

I have got to find ways to get the exercise in. I have given myself 2 weeks to recover and starting on Monday I am going to the gym and starting my food journal! I think I will get back on the SparkPeople band wagon. Any other websites or support ideas people have out there?

#4 of 6 Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 PM

Well I just try to be physical.  I used to run all the time and it's just not my thing anymore.  So I'm walking a lot.  As diets.  I don't do them.  Just can't.  I eat a certain way and I used to be anorexic so I have to make myself eat when I'm feeling fat.  Ok there really is no such thing as used to be since I still catch myself falling back into my old patterns.  And honestly I'm overweight right now.  I try to stay at 130 no more no less and I'm 140 right now.  That means my work  pants do not fit at all and it's too expensive to replace them all.

I wish I could be helpful.

#5 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I don't diet either. I really don't like what the word means in today's society. When I say 'diet' I mean healthy eating. I cut back on sugar especially. I watch what I eat and maybe do a food journal. I don't deprive myself. I just try to make lifelong changes with my overall eating. Last time I made big changes I did things like changing from regular pasta to Whole Wheat pasta. Substituting applesauce for oil in baking recipes, reducing the amount of eating out and cooking more meals from whole foods and never eating processed foods etc... Just making better lifestyle choices. Right now I am eating a lot of extra calories in things like chocolate and desserts. I have an uncontrolled sweet tooth. If I reduce those to a healthy amount and drink more water. I will loose weight. I don't believe in diets just "Life Change." What I especially need to do is to have a regular exercise routine. I HATE running and I am not really a walker either. I am on my feet at home most of the time and when I am at work I can't walk or stand (School bus driver). However, I do like to pace and stretch in between schools. I am going to come up with some resistance exercises I can do on the bus to increase my core strength. Those are some of my ideas anyway. 

#6 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Sit and be fit!  That old lady knows what she's talking about!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page