Losing weight in 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2012, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

sorry to hear that .... hope you can ease into a sense of "normalcy" soon after your return ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I'm sorry for your loss.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Camille I'm sorry to hear that. My dad passed when I was a teen it was and still is so hard for me. Give yourself some breathing room and a chance to process. Dieting is important for our health but grieving is just as important. Sending my love!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

not doing well weight wise at all still. I am lucky if I take a walk in a day. my body feels out of shape and I am having this hip pain thing sometimes which just comes on- like  a nerve thing- due to being out of shape. I really want to get in shape again! Still mostly just thinking about it but I am seeing the chiropractor tomorrow and trying to figure out how to add yoga back into my life. I will get there.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 AM

I've been losing plenty of weight with the 31 Day Fat Loss Cure

Well not plenty, but way more than I expected. Found this program after some searching but I really like it, it's straight forward and it doesn't tease me with any magic pills or things of that nature. Brutally honest one might call it.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM

Sounds like spam to me!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM

didn't do so well the last few days (poor food choices + stress)

am doing a one day with eating only vegetable soup (leak, turnip and celeriac root), it's supposed to help my guts "get a break" since it's just one type of food ...

hoping to see some nicer number on the scale on Sunday...

Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 AM

have lost about a pound this week

not sure I'll reach my goal of being under 70 kg by the end of February ... still trying though ....

Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 AM

Still plugging along here too. I'm really enjoying myfitnesspal. I weigh tomorrow. I finished the C25K and started One Hour Runner. I'm also doing Power 90 - 3 weeks down! I've been watching calories and been doing really good with that though I could improve the types of food I'm eating and the salt content of those foods.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've lost 15 pounds. Still ten pounds more to get to a place where I feel more comfortable but seeing as how my goal was June.. I think I'm doing great.

More water, more salad.. less snacking on junk with kids. And I'm relying less on my crutch items, like those 100 calorie snack packs, as my body has adjusted to the new regime.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:41 PM

me too Philomom! Good job!

champagne.gif Cheers!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for almost 3 weeks. I'm on level 2. I started with it just as a fitness program without much dietary change. Now for the last week I've been grain-free. Something has to be wrong with my scale (right?!?) because I'm wearing all my old clothes and they fit exactly as they did, but I haven't shown a weight loss in a month! Weird to me. I'm gaining in fitness in a major way, and haven't got the tummy chub I had. So I'm happy.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 PM

I got motivated for a couple of days- made some better eating choices- tried to eat salads a lot when I was hungry- walked more-. then kind of fell off of it again. Still here with a big ole belly! Still 145 lbs. Goal weight 130. Just not that motivated. the most exercise I find I do is to take a walk and that is usually not too long. have to prioritize this more!! I hate denying myself food I want - I don't eat that badly- but I would like to exercise more. not much has changed- baby almost 2 and I am still 25 lbs more than pre baby. But pre baby I exercised tons! I would take hour long hikes daily, plus often bike ride and garden. Now I mostly take care of the kid - and by the time dh gets home I am tired and lazy. it is all worth it though of course as I love being a mom. But I hope to find more motivation to exercise.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 PM

hmm- I just saw someone here mentioned the 30 day shred so I googled it. A workout dvd! I never thought of that. I have always been an outside exerciser. hiking, biking, gardening- nature stuff. but with my almost 2 yr old taking 2-3 hour naps in the middle of the day I am stuck inside- so a 30 minute dvd workout may be just the thing for me! I looked up the reviews on amazon and they are pretty good. Is this a good one or are there others people do that they can suggest?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:06 PM

okay! Rosemary mentioned the 30 day shred- so I googled it- and then read reviews on amazon and they were all saying it is amazing- so I figured I would try it! I just ordered it! I am excited because very oftne when ds is napping I feel like working uot or going for a walk but I don't know what to do- and I never thought of a work out dvd! this one had great reviews- hopefully ds will still sleep if I have a dvd on- I am usually quiet when he sleeps as I want to make sure he sleeps! But this will be worth it. starting weight- 145- dvd should arrive next wee- I will let you all know how it goes- apparently it is only a 20 minute work out.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM

I am in such a funk and a complete diet failure the past week.  I'm sick, the baby is sick, the toddler is sick, and I've just been too tired to even care.  However, I'm feeling like crap...beyond the gross cold.  I need to stop whining about it though...

Ladies, tomorrow its on.  Enough already. 

congrats to all of you who have been making progress....keep it up!

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 PM

Except for me and the baby, the whole family caught the norovirus so I know what you're going through! Hang in there mama!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 AM

wasn't doing so good to start with,

then one of my sister is helping me taking care of the children this week

& she came with ginger bread house kits (3 of them !) with loads of sweets to decorate

so am glad for the help .... but sorry that i had so little willpower with all that temptation around ...

hoping I can get back on track soon ...

Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM

I've lost 11 pounds. My husband has been working nonstop and I've been staying at my parents this past week. DS had the flu, DD2 sprained her ankle, and DD3's face is now covered in rashes. I can't seem to catch a break. I've still been running 3 days a week and I'm getting in about 3 of the 6 days of Power 90 a week. My diet's not the greatest though - I'm still logging on myfitnesspal. I can't wait for Spring! I am planning on running an official 5K this Sunday joy.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 AM

Congrats to those who have lost weight!
I haven't done much of anything. I stopped doing myfitnesspal and had to stop going to the gym for a couple weeks because of being ill. So, here I am, still at 145. sigh...
The good news is I woke up this morning and I feel good! Probably for the first time in a few weeks and I am already planning a workout this morning, yay!
Hopefully I can get motivated again by following your progress.
I did the 30 day shred workouts a few times but I never followed the whole program. I remember they were fun, though./

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 PM

Today is the day I will be starint ght e shred. I could be doing it now but instead am pumping breastmilk, looking on the computer and eating mint milanos. hmm. I am still psyched to try the shred but I am nervous about waking up ds- I may wait till dh gets home to take ds out and then do it.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 PM

wish I weighed 145. At least I'm no longer over 200lbs. I was 208lbs at the beginning of the year and I'm down to 192lbs! Still along way to go but I am making really good progress for such a short amount of time. I just wish people would notice. Everyone always comments on how great DH looks since he lost 75lbs a few years ago. Standing next to him, nobody really notices my loss.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 AM

trekkingirl- what kind of workout do you do? have you tried the 30 day shred? I watched it the other day and can totally see how it would shred those pounds away.

I just have to start the momentum of doing it--! dh took ds out to breakfast and I am here alone-- being lazy-- planning on trying it during ds's nap today-! gotta start!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:59 PM

The most I can really do is walking. I have degenerative disc desease and right now I have a bulging L4/L5. I have been on disability for months but my doctor finally wrote me back to work! I'm hoping being away from the kitchen will help.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 AM

ok, so , not so much progress here ... still 160 lb and 73 kg

so didn't manage to get below 70 kg by the end of February

am getting back on track food choice wise (less pitfalls with social occasions in the next few weeks)

will resume vegetable soup only one day a week to help with my guts issue

have started a month long course of activated charcoal every evening to assist with same gut issues

trying to psyche myself up to get into the "spring cleaning" mode SO THAT I can actually practice portion sizes control a bit more actively and consistently

physiotherapy appointments are finished so I should have more time to incorporate swimming back into my schedule ...

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Lost 17 pounds so far. I'm just 8 pounds shy of my first goal weight for June 1st. I seem to have hit a plateau. My eating is in line and the daily workout seems to make me sweat well. I've ordered some dvd's from the library to work other muscle groups.... maybe that will help.

I like the mental image of "spring cleaning" mode. The house, the body and all the things in our lives that need to be "tidied up"
Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 AM

have put back on about 3 lb

am looking forward to regular school schedule resuming & planning to go and swim twice this coming week

+ hoping to have a "quieter" life so that I don't compensate with food as i've been lately ....

Old 03-25-2012, 10:42 PM

I've lost 22 pounds since Jan 3rd. I'm just three pounds away from my first goal of 150 pounds. I am proud of myself!joy.gif
Old 03-25-2012, 11:06 PM

good job mama.....keep it up, you're almost there!

Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM

great job!!clap.gif

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

Tags
Weight Management
User Tag List