Dingos Jogging Into January 2012! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all.

Jo, so sorry about your kitty. I am glad to hear you're making at least some progress with dh on the schooling/living issues. Your mom is right and it's nice that he acknowledges her point of view.

Real, great race! Way to go!

JayGee, I totally did not mind driving my ancient Chevy minivan...until it started requiring me to manually give the battery a shake to start (no joke) and the hood got stuck between up and down in the middle of a broiling Florida day. At that point we traded up to a 'new' Honda Odyssey (year old model leftover on the lot) which I must say...I don't like very much. I would love to trade down to something more gas efficient but we need the hauling capacity at the moment.

Poppy, good luck on the job thing. Hugs.

Just back from NYC. We stayed right in Times Square and saw Mamma Mia which was a hoot. Nice dinner, nice time. Then this morning he goes and *&^%$ it up by speaking to me very disrespectfully, which I called him on. Sigh. I just don't know. We'll see.... trying to find some om.gif here but it's very difficult. I don't know what is realistic for me to expect/want vs. what is just distorted by my own emotions and selfish (vis a vis the kids' stability etc.).

Off to take ds to soccer...

No long run for me today and I have to say, that's quite enough of a reason not to go away for the weekend. I need my Sunday long run, damnit. HOw pathetic is that?!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#422 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post

No long run for me today and I have to say, that's quite enough of a reason not to go away for the weekend. I need my Sunday long run, damnit. HOw pathetic is that?!

I'm pretty sure that's called being a runner winky.giflol.gif

Poppy - I cant remember, have you tried ART?

NRR: Need to do some diet overhauling. Feeling pudgy and over sugared/caffeinated (read: O.D.ing on chocolate here). Must. Quit. Chocolate bigeyes.gif

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#423 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM

plady/jo - You know me well lol.gif I honestly have not been stressing about the race or the training schedule (except not wanting to be too far behind the training group I have paid to join). I think it's not so much the stress of a race, but rather that this is what happens to my body when I start to ramp up mileage...which I only ever do when I have a race. When I don't have a race to train for, I do a few 3 milers a week just to stay fit. I just think I have some bio-mechanical issues (poor form) and my body starts to creak when I ask it to do longer distances of repetitive motion that is likely bad for it.

Sparkly - I LOVE ART. I really think that is one of the only things that saved me prior to my half last year. However, we have had to find our own insurance and it is no longer covered. greensad.gif I finished Season 1 of DA today and just watched the first ep of Season 2. I need to catch up!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#424 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 PM

Nic, I'm glad that you had a nice evening, and wish you the best in figuring out the rest. I'm thinking of you, a lot!

sparkle, I'm with you the need for diet overhaul. I feel like I need a week of terrific diet and lots of exercise to get myself kicked out of the winter weight shift. The numbers on the scale are the same, but the mid-section jiggling tells me the weight is shifting around... Last winter I was running enough to get away with the winter comfort eating, but this year I definitely am not.

poppy, my maintenance more is a couple of 3-milers a week, too. It's where I am right now, and I need to kick it up a bit (see above).

Gaye, good luck tomorrow!!!!

NRR- I took the kids this afternoon to the filming of a kid's variety show for local cable. The host is an intergalactic space pirate, and the show theme was Robbie Burns Day/Chinese New Year. The girls both dressed up as pirates, as did most of the other 40ish kids in the audience. Hysterical mayhem eyesroll.gif

RR- Very little: a walk to the coffee shop this morning and a bike ride to the filming. It's warm and not raining and I wish I was out running.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#425 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletruck View Post

I'm pretty sure that's called being a runner winky.giflol.gif

Sparkle, I think I love you. luxlove.gif

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#426 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 PM

I swear I will stop being all about me very soon. Maybe, like, tomorrow night. dizzy.gif In the meantime...yikes.gifyikes2.gifscared.gif etc.

We had a very nice weekend, with the exception of some not-so-nice behavior by DS Friday night that resulted in me picking him up, walking out of the condo in my socks, with absolutely none of our stuff, going down to the parking garage, and telling DS we were leaving right that second unless he straightened up fast. Of course, we weren't going anywhere (not least of which because of lack of shoes and car keys), but he didn't know that and mostly shaped up. He had a lesson yesterday, and I skied with my friends. It was nice, but not fabulous. They board, and are the variety that most of my boarding friends are...they don't do bumps. Which is fine, but gets a little boring for me. Still a fun day, though. We put the kids to bed pretty early and proceeded to celebrate my friend getting an offer from the nurse residency program at Children's hospital by drinking and playing mexican train until way too late. As a result, nobody else wanted to ski this morning, and I really could have passed, but DS wanted to go, so we did. I have to say, little man was kind of a rockstar. He skied from the top of the mountain to the bottom and did awesome. So proud of him. love.gif

And now, I have done 500 more review questions, am going to brush up on some lab values, isolation precautions, and vaccination schedules, take some tylenol pm and go to bed. The test isn't until noon, but I still have to get DS off to school in the morning. Oh yeah, and go to the dentist. rolleyes.gif

Did I mention yikes.gifyikes2.gifscared.gif?

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#427 of 496 Old 01-29-2012, 10:44 PM

MelW--hope the weather cooperates for you this week. R's arm is doing well. They x-rayed it on Tuesday and it's definitely looking better. We go back a week from Tuesday and hopefully they'll put her in a short-arm cast then.

JayGee--I lose perspective on cars too. Mostly because an awful lot of people drive Outbacks around here (also tons of vans and SUVs) and even though there's also tons of older cars on the road I focus on what I'm missing.

Plady--ugh on the GI fallout. FWIW, it's much harder to abstain when the stuff is still in your house and you see people eating it. That's why I banned dairy when we first went DF with R. DH has some ice cream and cheese in the house now, but for the first few months it was just too hard for me to see the cheese and not want to sneak a bite or two.

Nick-- more goodvibes.gif your way as you try to figure it out. And maybe some for your DH too, so he can stop with the disrespect and hold himself in check.

tjsmama--go go go!!! goodvibes.gif

RR: 11 miles, all pushing J in the stroller. Saw four coyotes just south of city park. Happily they went the other way and I took a different path back. I'd left later than I wanted (3:30ish) so our last four miles were in the dark. I stuck a couple of lights on the jogger and put on my Brooks Nightlife top, but the coyotes had me freaked out and lights and reflective tops won't do any good there. It was quite a relief to finally hit the six-lane monstrosity that is Wadsworth Blvd (one of the main north-south arteries in the metro area). It helps that the sidewalk is offset from the road by a good 10-15 feet, so while it's not nearly as picturesque as the off-road trail, it's not nearly as annoying as running along the road either.

NRR: Anyone have tips to help a child with a loose tooth that's been loose for six weeks? It's reached the point that she doesn't want to talk normally (all vowels, no consonants that require putting her tongue near her front teeth), only eats certain foods and has to be constantly supervised while brushing or she won't brush those or any teeth near them. banghead.gif Threats, jokes and bribery have largely failed, mostly because this is our anxiety disorder child (diagnosable per the DSM; DH is a psychologist). But we decided it has to come out because brushing well, eating our food and talking normally aren't optional. We took stronger steps today (namely, DH spent 45 minutes with her screaming and freaking out before she finally agreed to let him wiggle it so we can get the blasted thing out) but I'd love any tips (for managing anxiety or getting teeth out, either way).

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#428 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 06:06 AM

I don't post because I simply can't hit everybody but

Ds1 skipped shopping as he would rather go naked. Dd1 did end up with thirft store capris from my closet. Her ony worry was that that might fit me as she hoped her moon.gif wasn't that big. Thank you dd, it will be one day.

Real, ds1 had a loose tooth dangle by a string an turn grey but he wouldn't let it out. We offered to take him to the dentist to have it removed. Something about the controlled environment was reassuring to him. Maybe because the behavior was normal in that context but out of the ordinary when he thought about letting me pull it?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#429 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 06:15 AM
bec

I'm back!!!! 

It was an amazing trip.  The race was just gorgeous.  Just an out and back on the shoulder of a divided highway, but not much traffic.  Straight out into the desert!  Sunrise run.  We did a run walk, had 2 bathroom stops, and some stopping for stretching towards the end, so we had a time of 3+ hours.  It's all good, though.  This was a very laid back, relaxed run.  We missed the start gun by around 15 minutes because there were only 2 portopotties at the start, and we were in a long (very necessary) line!  It was chip timed, though, so we just pretended we were running some huge, huge race, and this was just how long it took us to get to the start!  Anyway, the run/walk worked really well.  My RP, historically, gets some sort of months long injury as soon as her mileage increases past 9 miles.  So, our plan is to run/walk, and very, very, very slowly increase her run portions.  It worked really well, and other than some knee stiffness the few hours after the race that cleared up the next morning, she was fine!  I'm thrilled that we found something that worked for her.  Anyway, after showering, we were trying to think of what to do, and ended up at a brew pub, sitting outside, drinking beer!  Perfect race reward!  It is clear to me, though, that I need to live somewhere with more winter sun and warmth!

Gaye - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#430 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 06:18 AM

So I took a day off from the challenge because 1. I didn't fit it in my schedule and 2. by the time I did, I was falling asleep completely EXHAUSTED.

It's back to the bell today! :)

Real ~ Good luck with that tooth!

Nic ~ Hugs!  I'm glad part of it was really nice.  *sigh*

Happy Monday everyone!!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#431 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 AM

Bec ~ now that sounds like a wonderful weekend and a great race!

JenLove ~ back to the bell!  Love it orngbiggrin.gif.

mommajb ~ well, at least you got by without spending any $$.  Nice comment from DD eyesroll.gif.

Real ~ maybe a visit to the dentist would help.... 

Gaye ~ good luck today!  You're going to smoke that test!!!!!

Nic ~ sorry your DH had to ruin an otherwise nice weekend with his insensitive commentary.  Sheesh.

RR ~ walked for an hour yesterday and going to Pilates this morning.  Yesterday I ate like crap and felt awful.  Back on the wagon today.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#432 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 AM

I'm back... just in time for the end of the month. LOL.  I'll catch up in February. 

I joined Weight Watchers a couple weeks ago and so far love it.  I'm also signed up for kettle bell class and boot camp.  I'll see how those go before I add more in... considering a spin class (but gosh it is early in the morning).

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#433 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Gaye, good luck! goodvibes.gif

Poppy, I hope your DS makes it! That sounds so great for a budding musician and artist like him. And for you on the job front, best of luck!!! Switching jobs is so stressful, but on the other hand, what a relief to get away from a situation that is not working out any more. I don't have any good advice or information on your running-related injuries, just don't give up! There was a nice little article in Runners World about how our bodies are constantly in a state of injury/healing, and even if it takes a long time, it's a cycle that we have to trust in. I hope that you find the training method and quantity that is right for you so that you can get back to running and feeling good afterward.

Bec, your race sounds so awesome! The sunrise over the desert (although I've never seen one) just painted such a vivid picture in my mind.

Dmitrizmom, welcome back! So you are doing kettlebell, too, huh? I hear so many good things about that. And on the early morning spin... if you can get yourself there that early, I thought spinning was a fun way to burn a lot of calories and get a great high-intensity workout. I'm not sure how WW works, do you get to add points back into your diet if you are exercising?

Real, sorry - no advice here on the tooth thing. Mommajb's idea with the dentist does sound good, though. We haven't ever had to help with any of our kids' teeth yet, but none of them have hung onto them for that long, either.

Ah, Nick, sorry to hear about the disappointing morning after such a fun outing. Blech.

Jo, wow, I can't imagine dealing with all that you deal with. I hope that your visit with your parents was good all around. Sorry to hear that your kitty didn't make it. That's very sad.

I am in the office today, working on our year-end tax things. sleeping.gif Boring. But at least it is getting done. DD had to be picked up from school with a stomach ache, which I suspect is mostly just feeling tired and needing some down time. She is asleep on the couch right now, and I'm cooking up a big pot of potato-cauliflower soup for lunch.

RR: under 3 at a slow pace this morning. That was probably it for today, unless I manage to hit the pool with DH after work.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#434 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM

Parents should be leaving any minute...and arriving home a day late. I spent the day doing all the garden work I didn't have time to do for the past week. grossedout.gif Cat poop cleanup. And caught up on laundry and cleaned floors and the kitchen. Still waiting to be able to breathe. Dh and I both gained weight during the visit. eyesroll.gif

Tomorrow, a walk on the beach if I can't run. And if I can, I'll throw a little running into it. That usually leads to core work afterward, so it's all good.

Funny enough, end result of dd taking half of these two weeks off? She ended up a week ahead in math. Ds notsomuch, as he'd been ill right up to the visit, but even he's not terribly behind.

Also got in touch with the homeschool group around here. There's quite an active group over in Abu Dhabi, it seems. And some close-knit, family-friendly neighborhoods. One breath at a time.

#435 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM

Jo - That sounds promising thumb.gif ... um, except for the cat poop and weight gain lol.gif

Real - 11 w/ stroller bow.gif Even at my best I wouldnt do that Good news about DD;s arm.... and I would see a dentist to extract the tooth crap.gif

Bec - joy.gif Sounds great

Gaye - broc1.gif go Go GO!!!

JG - I hear you on the crappy eating, although mine has been for a heckuva lot longer than a day lol.gifbag.gif

Plady - Eek on the GI distress. I didnt know you have to watch for that. So hard

NRR: DD1 home sick today - hrmph. She's not a malingerer, and yet she's not all THAT sick either. But..

RR: I still left her here with her sleeping father (post night-shift) for an hour at the gym. Helllo Progesterone - it was like pushing a boulder up hill for an hour! .... in the snow lol.gif

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#436 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

jo, that sounds really positive on the homeschooling front. Good luck with the transition as your parents depart.

Real ... I'd second the trip to the dentist. At least if she hasn't had a history of anxiety reactions there. The "controlled environment" with a professional in charge may be just the ticket. 

RR: Managed 14k yesterday. The heavy snow had stopped falling in the morning, and I waited until afternoon so that they would have had time to plow the roads to an extent. One of the crappiest runs of my life: sleet and slush which made it slippery and wet, but more to the point it was dark and foggy, so there was none of the visual interest or sense of moving through the world that I seem to rely on for motivation. I am SOooo looking forward to spring. I mean, I love the snow, and I'm enjoying skiing and snowshoeing, but this is so hard for my running program. I'm training for a May 6 marathon and I'm pleased that I've exceeded my scheduled mileage every week so far. But the conditions make it hard, and I want it to get easier soon.

On a positive note wink1.gif, I've worn out the uppers on my shoes (I got over 500 miles of trails and winter running out of them, so I'm not complaining). So I asked my friends, who run the LRS, to order me a pair of New Balance WT110s. Looking forward to those!

Miranda

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

#437 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM

RR ~ skipped Pilates and went for an hour walk instead.  Now off to get my mamms grammed!  Hope it goes better than last year's mammogram debacle eyesroll.gif.

#438 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Whew. House appraised for what we paid for it. Relief. We own at least 20% of it. Whew.

Ok. Now back to frantic monday behavior with work.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#439 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 AM

JayGee ~ Hee Hee!  I hope it's better than last year too, m'dear!

Jo ~ The homeschool possibilities sound good! thumb.gif

J just ran an errand and took V with him so I put AJ down for a nap and did a 20 minute kettlebell workout.  It was mostly upper body so my arms are going to be screaming at me later!  I'm loving these workouts though! :)

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#440 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM

JayGee--hope the gramming goes smoothly. wink1.gif

kerc--yay for the house appraisal. That's huge.

JenLove--great workout!

bec--your race sounded awesome.

moominmamma--running through slushy snow is not fun. clap.gif for getting it done anyhow.

R's tooth is still in for now, but I'll call the dentist tomorrow if we can't get it out soon. It won't be any better there, anxiety-wise though.

Come to think of it, the root of the teeth issue is probably the cavities she had when she turned 2. She had the fillings done under general anesthesia at Children's hospital 9 months later, but the oral sedative they gave to relax her didn't work so she remembered going into the OR, the blanket, the mask and going to the dentist was an ordeal for a while. She's had some since then with a different, effective oral sedative and that's mostly erased the earlier memory. That said, I think she still has that somewhere in her head, so she reacts without even knowing why. And I'm convinced that some of why the hospital experience was traumatic is because of her NICU experience as a baby (she had a pretty serious white-coat syndrome going for a while). Hmmmm....

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#441 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Now off to get my mamms grammed!

biglaugh.gif

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#442 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM

Lisa, going to the dentist is not the way to reduce anxiety for my anxious one, for similar reasons you give.  (We find out where she stands relative to the DSM tomorrow....)  We do the dentist with drugs in the system and a leg rub from mom during all parts of the process.

How soundly does she sleep?  Could you take it out when she's deeply asleep? 

Or maybe give her a limited time offer:  If the tooth is out in the next 48 hours, the tooth fairy brings double.

JayGee, here's to an easy-to-read mamm-o-gram

Jo, so how does a kid get ahead in math by not going to school?  ;)  It's great to hear the progress and the progressively improved and optimistic mood I'm sensing from you.  I'm so glad the visit went well, even if the departure was not smooth.

#443 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Done. It was miserable, but it's done. I now fully understand how each of my friends felt when they took it last week (feeling like you failed, even as everyone around you is totally confident that you passed). It really IS that bad. I mean, I knew about most of the subjects they asked...the problem is that I didn't know the things they asked about those subjects! So now, we wait... rolleyes.gif

On the bright side, I have absolutely NOTHING that I can or should be doing tonight, school-wise. joy.gif I sense reading for pleasure (GASP) and mindless tv watching in my very near future!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#444 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 12:44 PM

YAY!

Me thinks a massage should be in your future.  Then a nice bottle of wine shared with friends over a gooey dessert.

#445 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM

tjsmama--woohoo, it's done! joy.gif Did you see the coupons in the paper from the Denver School of Massage Therapy? They're doing $20 50-minute massages next weekend and the weekend after, first come first serve.

#446 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 03:13 PM

tjsmama ~ yay!  It's DONE!  I definitely think a massage is in your future.

Mammogram was fine.  Same calcifications in the right breast as last year, but with the comparison to last year's films, nothing has changed.  Let's just say that mooshing and squooshing the 34As is NOT comfortable.

Another craptastic eating day, but it's all changing right now.  Leftover M&Ms that I bought DD for 100th day of school project (tomorrow) are going to work with DH (already in his truck).  Homemade Snickers bars that my neighbor brought over (yum, but ....ugh!) are gone bag.gif.  And a delicous pork tenderloin is headed into the oven for dinner.  Got to turn this train around.

#447 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

This has been a rough month. I am eating really well which is helping me cope but I am floundering with just about everything else greensad.gif

We just found out that this rash dd has is shingles. Very painful and it looks like she has been attacked by a vampire - not easy for a 13 year old girl. She had a very rough day at work on the weekend (obviously before we knew it was shingles) with a lot of men making rude and suggestive comments to her about the rash on her neck. I cannot tell you how angry that makes me rant.gif If it was coming from other employees she would have recourse but it was coming from customers. So no more school this week for her and we are keeping an eye out for other dd who never had chicken pox. Ugh.

#448 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Dmitrizmom, welcome back! So you are doing kettlebell, too, huh? I hear so many good things about that. And on the early morning spin... if you can get yourself there that early, I thought spinning was a fun way to burn a lot of calories and get a great high-intensity workout. I'm not sure how WW works, do you get to add points back into your diet if you are exercising?

Love kettlebell!  It's a fabulous total body workout.  :)  Ok. You've inspired me... aiming to get a spin class in in the next week or two.

With WW, I can earn activity points and then eat those points if I want to.  Right now, I get 35 points per day to eat.  If I do an hour of kettlebell, I can earn up to 14 additional points for that day.  :)  Most days, I'm not at all hungry without using my activity points.  Loving it!

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#449 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 PM

Shanti, When I had shingles my children that have not had cp did not get them. What else did the doctor say? I had a hard time getting diagnosed and could not on time for the meds that are supposed to help. I was self diagnosed and not until my 3rd doc did I find somebody that agreed. The others did agree it looked like shingles but said it couldn't be because I was too young (36-40 somewhere). I hope she is feeling better quickly with no lasting pain or scars.

Gaye, congrats!

Still not quite bedtime here. wild.gif

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#450 of 496 Old 01-30-2012, 09:11 PM

real, add me to the impressed chorus at 11 miles with a stroller. Partly for the sheer energy of pushing it that far, but also because I have no concept of how to keep a kid in a stroller for longer than an hour, even if a nap and multiple food bribes are involved. Good luck with the tooth. I have let my daycare provider to pull a tooth that was making me crazy before (though much less than two weeks!). A trusted but non-parental stranger and a piece of tissue was the trick in our case.

Gaye, congrats on being done!! How many questions did you get?

Welcome back Dimitrizmom. I'm glad to hear that WW and kettlebell is working for you.

JayGee, here's to tomorrow being the start of a healthy eating trend! Glad the mammogram was normal.

Shanti irked.gif at the rude customers. I hope your DD is feeling better soon, and that your other DD stays chicken-pox-free.

jo, I'm glad that you made progress during your visit with your parents in both math and momentum toward homeschooling.

RR- My walk/hike with a friend ended up being a moderately intense 3 hour trek. There was more snow on the trails than I had anticipated, and we got ambitious about some higher trails (meaning even more snow) once we were out in the forest. Despite making the afternoon work and meetings a bit rushed, I'm glad for the exercise and the good conversation.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page