The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 347 Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my DD2 was born in January 2011 too! Sorry to hear about the tornado, that really sucks! Glad everything's okay.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 347 Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

my DD2 was born in January 2011 too! Sorry to hear about the tornado, that really sucks! Glad everything's okay.

I have a January '11 baby too except it's DS2 for me.

Talked to my hubby about me gaining a bit of weight this week and he was either trying to say I've hit my minimum weight or that maybe I'm at a plateau. I wish he was supportive. He talks about losing weight himself but he doesn't want to eat healthy or exercise (of course he'll blame me for the exercise portion because I want him to come home and be a parent).

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#303 of 347 Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM

MEN!

my DD is 1/23/2011 how about yall?

ETA: I am considering removing dairy for the remainder of the challenge. I have hit a plateau and am having a hard time sticking to my diet. I want to end the challenge with big numbers. Removing dairy would leave me with just meat and vegetables. What do you think?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#304 of 347 Old 03-06-2012, 05:00 PM

My knee is healing really well. My instinct is to start working with it again but I know I am an idiot for even considering it. It is still purple afterall! 

So, forcing myself to take it really easy and not ride my bike for a week. I am the same weight as I was last week, so no gain and no lose. Not sure what this week will bring but likely more of the same since I really won't be able to work out at all. 

#305 of 347 Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM

So for dinner I had veggies (carrots, sugar snap peas) and beef pot roast. I had a coupon on the pot roast. Normally $7.49, on sale for $4.49, $1 off coupon. So I got the pot roast for $3.49. I just started couponing and it's really a lot of fun.

#306 of 347 Old 03-06-2012, 11:52 PM

aw man, trekkingirl, i miss beef! (I found out 2 years ago that I'm intolerant, which explained the horrible stomach pains I'd have after eating burger. No, I can't take a clue.) Going no-dairy may be enough to give you that big push you're looking for. Just be sure you have a quality multivitamin/multimineral...although with all your veggie-eating, you're probably doing great there already!

claybear, so glad that your knee is healing. And that you're listening to your reasoned conscience and staying away from working out for a while! (are you doing ice packs regularly and all that? traumeel and/or arnica?) ***more healing vibes your way***

allison, that sucks about you hubby using you as an excuse and not being supportive. ((hugs))

AFM, I didn't get my ab workout in today, but I did get to fly kites with my boys this afternoon at a park, thanks to our 30mph winds with gusts over 45mph. o_O Tomorrow may be nice enough to get a C25K run in if the rain showers hold off long enough for dh to watch the boys after he gets home.

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#307 of 347 Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Trekkingirl, my DD is 1/18 - her still nursing (which I am hoping to make it to 2 years as per WHO recommendations) is part of my long slow journey to weight loss.  My body really holds on while I am nursing.  When I stopped with my older daughter, I started loosing weight at an encredible rate.  It was odd, because so many moms say BF helps them loose.

allison - That sucks that that is your husband's attitude.  My husband went through phases like that too and it is so aggrivating!!!  On the flip side, I am hopeful to have more workout time when he gets home from this deployment.  Maybe there is excersise you could do as a couple or as a family?

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#308 of 347 Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM

I feel like I am off the wagon and cannot get back on it. I was out and about with dd today and I was so hungry I was shaking. That hasn't happened to me in so long! We had to run home for lunch around 11 because even after I ate her craisins I could not wait to eat. I'm very worried about going on vacation with this lack of fortitude, as we're doing an all-inclusive and will be eating buffet style for a week. Wish me luck!

The good news is that even though I'm barely losing weight, I am losing inches. Went back to the trainer today and, since Jan 16 I have lost 1.75 inches from my hips, 1.25 from my waist, and 1.5 from my bust. (I saw the boobs go.greensad.gif)

In six weeks I lost 3% body fat. I don't really know if that's good or not, but hell! I needed some proof I'm not doing nothing!

Definately signing up for another challenge!

#309 of 347 Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am at 216.5, only half a pound, I also at peanut butter last night which I hadn't since the start of lent and then dreamed I was pregnant with a 5th child and I couldn't decide if I wanted to go for a vbac with my mw or have a scheduled cs.  BUT that wasn't the most involved part of the dream most of it was really about a bag of pastries I was trying to hide and eat and the endless contortions of that.  Ridiculous.

#310 of 347 Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM

Poppymama, that is hilarious!!

Buzzer, don't those buffet spreads include tons of fresh fruit? If I were you, I'd eat a plate-full of that, then half a plate of (lean-ish) meat and half a plate of veggies. You still get to eat awesome food, but if you have a plan like that where you "indulge" in the plate-full of fruit, then you won't feel so deprived...maybe? WTG on the loss of inches/bodyfat!! (Also, I keep a stash of peanuts--used to be almonds until I started reacting to those--in my bag at all times for those emergencies. I've also started bringing a clementine for when I want something sweet or need to up my blood sugar more quickly. Sounds like you could use some emergency food like that.)

AFM, I did C25K week 2, day 1 today and got to do it outside on the trail near my house. It felt great; I was sad to go back in the house, but I don't want to overdo it. I added an ab workout immediately afterward, too. I had a crappy emotional day, so didn't eat much for most of the day. BUT. I had a berry smoothie with protein powder and wheatgrass powder as a grab-and-go breakfast, so at least I didn't take a toaster waffle with pb!

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#311 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I hit the gym on Monday and yesterday. I've been watching what I eat (example: had lunch with a friend and her kiddos on Tuesday at the mall and I got a salad). I weighed myself this morning and I'm down from Monday morning so it seems my body was saying "hey, you can't eat so much dessert and expect to lose weight!"

My guy is a 1/18/11 baby. Funny that three of us have Jan 11 babies. I guess just around a year PP is when women tend to get sick of extra weight hanging around.

I'm hopeful that after Daylight Savings Time that we might be able to take family walks in the evening as a family....

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#312 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post

I guess just around a year PP is when women tend to get sick of extra weight hanging around.

Ha ha that's when I got sick of it (and because I had added 20) but didn't do much about it til last fall.

Could people please not mention peanut butter!

#313 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Peanut butter is on my diet! Oh no, I wasn't supposed to mention it. Sorry. I can have nuts in moderation and am supposed to eat oils and animal fat. So it has nuts and oils. If I have no nuts to snack on I will occasionally have a spoon full or two.

So I came here this morning to announce that I am officially in the 180's! Weighed in at 189.2 lbs this morning.

joy.gifeat.gifgrouphug.gifthumbsup.giftruedat.gif welcomeback.gif

ETA: I weighed 188lbs when I got pregnant.

#314 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That unmentionable food sends me on binges so even though it can be part of a healthy diet it makes it really hard for me.
#315 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Congratulations, Trekkingirl!!  That's Fantastic!!! thumb.gif

#316 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Hey Buzzer, you might outgrow your love of that stuff.  I used to eat it every single day until my dd was diagnosed with a peanut allergy 10 years ago.  After her diagnosis, we never kept it in the house.  She recently outgrew her allergy and MUST eat peanuts every day now, so I tried it again and my,oh my...it is terrible!!!  She hates it, too, so she swallows peanuts like vitamins!  Just give it a decade or so......winky.gif

#317 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM

I am getting tired of my plain old greek yogurt, any advice on yummy, non-sugary additions to yogurt?  The flavored varieties pack a huge sugar punch, so I am trying to aviod that route.

Also, I would be up for another 8 weeks if any team will still take me (considing my numbers have been pretty poor this time around!).

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

#318 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM

try whole milk greek yogurt. It's heavenly!

#319 of 347 Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Whole milk plain Greek yogurt with a little agave nectar drizzled on it is so yummy. smile.gif

I'd like to do another 8 week challenge. I only lost 5 lbs, but it's the first time I've lost weight since my ds was born. It's progress. joy.gif

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#320 of 347 Old 03-09-2012, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Congrats, trekkingirl!

I would also be up for another 8 weeks. Milk8shake, I wouldn't mind doing the pie charts this time. I'm not sure how you were doing it, though...

I came on to share that I am officially "normal weight" again! I'm excited to hit this milestone because I've been overweight ever since I had ds3, who is now 2, and when I started this in December I was a pound or two away from being classified as obese. 19.4 lbs to my goal!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
#321 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 05:50 AM

If we do another 8 weeks, could we start a new thread?  This one is getting really long to sort through . . . just a thought :)

Agave nectar sounds good!

#322 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 07:30 AM

I have to check in today as we're leaving for MX tomorrow. I'm at 147, looks like hopefully back to my one lb/week.

Can't wait to see dd1!!!! We will meet up in Denver and be on the beach by afternoon. Wish me luck on the buffet.

#323 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Buzzer, yay for the continued loss and have a wonderful vacation!

I did C25K week2, day2 today, along with abs. I didn't do abs (or anything) yesterday and instead went to a party and drank too many sugary margaritas. :/ BUT it was the first crampy, heavyish day of my period, so I was drowning my sorrows. Today I had a bit of a Coke, but that's the only non-fruit sugar or carbs today, and I think I'll make it a good day after all. 

~Rae

#324 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Wow Dantesmama! Congrats! My goal is to be back in the healthy weight range too.  Good on you!

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow... I think I might have hit a bit of a plateau.  No loss last week, and it's not looking good for this week either.  Anyone want to weigh in (LOL) on my diet?  Can I do better somewhere?  I'm eating reasonable portion sizes (that's one thing that I was definitely doing wrong pre-challenge... HUGE portions. 

Breakfast: weetbix, or sometimes weetbix and a sprinkle of cornflake/bran type cereal to spice it up

Morning tea:  apple or orange

Lunch:  quinoa with vegies OR some type of vegie soup OR dahl/chickpea curry (no rice)  OR tomato based pasta

Dinner: soup/quinoa/dahl/vegie protein of some description/chickpea patties/you get the picture (serve with vegies/salad/appropriate side)

Snacks: I might have had like a handful of skittles, a hot cross bun, one can of softdrink in the last week, oh and maybe a spoonful of peanut butter (who can I blame for that!!)

I really am on Struggle St, because the loss has been keeping my motivated, but now I'm like, what's the point?  Oh, and I have been keeping to the exercise plan - walking dogs.

RE: New challenge, new thread.  I'm definitely keen for another go.  I've got some more to shift, there's no doubt.  Aside from my lazy threadkeeping, I have gotten a lot out of this. 

If someone else wants to thread keep, I'm totally cool with that.  I'm sure anyone can do a better job. 

I was doing the pie in Excel.  If someone wants to do the weekly calculations, and post them, I can create the pies!  Or we don't have to have pie... It's not make or break! 

Anyway, I say we keep this thread until we can announce the winner... But I'm totally down to start a fresh challenge this week as well.  I guess we could break it down to weekly threads if necessary.. It would definitely be easier to track the numbers then. 

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
#325 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Milk8shake I think you have entered the BuzzerBeaterBummer Zone, where you do everything right and can't lose weight. Your diet sounds great to me, unless you are eating a tonna food. Maybe you are gaining muscle? You should measure to be sure. I'm glad I did, or I may have given up. My summer clothes fit well while I was packing this morning, but I've lost few pounds lately.

#326 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 08:05 PM

I would try cutting out all those carbs. It's really worked for me. I listed my diet earlier in this thread. Maybe try it for a week.                                                                                                                                                          

#327 of 347 Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 PM

here it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

still plugging away at the low carb diet. The LIFE WITHOUT BREAD book that I am using says stay under 72g of carbs per day. Here is what I am aloud to eat...

Fish

Any type of animal meat

Eggs

Cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, plain yogurt, milk in moderation

All kinds of animal fats ( although all I could think of was butter)

Salads, leafy vegetables, asparagus, brussels, sprouts, cauliflower, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, avacado, tomatoes in moderation

Alcohol unsweetened in small amounts ( but I don't drink)

Nuts in moderate amounts

lovestolaugh maybe try sticking to those foods. I've been losing steadily with this new diet

#328 of 347 Old 03-11-2012, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks trekkinggirl.  I should have mentioned my vegan status. 

Based on your diet, I could have salad, alcohol and nuts!! ROTFLMAO.gif  I'd be sozzled! 

Oh, and the buzzerbeaterbummerzone totally cracked me up!  I feel ya!  But I shall oblige, and take some measurements. 

#329 of 347 Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

today: 180.2 angry.gif

I guess at least it's something!  A bit disappointed that I didn't reach my goal though. 

#330 of 347 Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM

If you can do the pie charts and what not, I would be glad to do the math and such.  I think a new thread each week could get cumbersome, but a new thread for a new 8 week set sounds good.  Do we take a week off and open it up to new participants? And do we want to mix up teams or keep old teams?  I have never been a thread keeper before so I am not sure what is involved, but I could give it a go if you want Milk . . . but then, I think you are doing fine, so I am open to whatever works for all!

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page