The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 347 Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm at 118.5 which feels like such a pitiful loss.  I feel bad for my team and I wish I could do the low carb thing but it makes me miserable and kills my supply

#182 of 347 Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyMama View Post

I'm at 118.5 which feels like such a pitiful loss.  I feel bad for my team and I wish I could do the low carb thing but it makes me miserable and kills my supply

When I was nursing I was soooooo hungry I couldn't believe it was possible. I got up in the middle of the night to eat, and had peanut butter sandwiches three times a day.

You are awesome with what progress you are making AFAIAC!

#183 of 347 Old 02-06-2012, 08:49 PM

I think this is an apt use of my "pass", lol. (Barefootmama, you are SOOO *not* the worst performer or whatever you called it this week!)

On the flip side, I'm back to eating semi-paleo. I think I made some good choices today, minus a "first period since October"-induced slip-up involving chocolate. :P 

Great job, everyone else!! You all are impressive!! I mean, what with staring down wild coyotes and all... (freakin' scary!!) 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#184 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 AM

Buzzer - I have a peanut butter weakness as well.  I went cold turkey last year.  Now I have almond butter on occasion (seems to satisfy the cravings with less) and the fact that it is so expensive helps keep me honest - I can't afford to make almond butter sandwiches every day!

Poppymama - I am also breastfeeding.  I feel SO much better when I go low carb but it kills my supply as well.  Carbs are very difficult to do in moderation, espcially when I feel hungry all the time.  Pre-kids SO many people told me BF would help me loose baby weight - HAHA.  When I weaned the first time I dropped like 10 pounds in a week and kept it off, because all of a sudden I was not fighting myself and my crazy appetite!  Oh well - 11 more months of lactation to go (and I do love that it is so good for my little lady!)

THe short people at my house had me up 7 times last night.  I am bound and determined to get in my workout video anyways.  And now that I have posted, I will have to make myself follow through!  I am so thankful for the support of this thread :)

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#185 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 AM

I had to do a short run yesterday. I was cleaning the pool and stepped in the skimmer hole. duh.gif It twisted my ankle a bit and bruised the top of my foot. It was a little sore yesterday on the run. I think it will be ok for the full run tomorrow. My little one was up a bunch last night but I am hoping to power through yoga tonight.

#186 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybear View Post

My bike says Stamina 4825 Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike on the side of it. Got it on Amazon for under $200 and with free shipping. Have had it for over 2 years and it works perfectly for my needs.

How funny, that is the exact one I had "wish-listed" on Amazon! My only concern was that every other model seems to have straps on the pedals, and this one doesn't. Does that make any difference?

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#187 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

I had to do a short run yesterday. I was cleaning the pool and stepped in the skimmer hole. duh.gif It twisted my ankle a bit and bruised the top of my foot. It was a little sore yesterday on the run. I think it will be ok for the full run tomorrow. My little one was up a bunch last night but I am hoping to power through yoga tonight.

Ouch! Hope it heals soon!

#188 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM

I went to the gym today and spent 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes doing some strength training. Tomorrow will be a rest day. It's my hubby's birthday so I'll have to run around picking up last minute things. (It also means more cake so Thursday will be a gym day.)

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#189 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

For shits and giggles this morning I decided to torture myself by trying on clothes in my closet. I have from size 2 to size 14 in there. The good news is I'm into a couple of old pairs of pants! The bad news is the bathing suits. I'm going on a family beach vacation in March and it's not looking like anything fits. I am sooooo thick in the middle, no hips, no butt, no boobs. Yeah, those are gone after a 17 pound weight loss (since Sept 1). My boobs are gone, my neck and face seem thinner, and my wedding ring is loose. But belly? Not budging.

The thought of trying on bathing suits at a store makes me want to cry.

Warning big whine under spoiler.

#190 of 347 Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM

I'm going to have to use my "skip a weigh-in" this week because I actually gained and I don't want to tell how much.  I'm not sure why either.  But I am going to buckle down and hope for better next week.

#191 of 347 Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
    Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 This Wks loss Overall Loss
Janinemh  5'4 167 165.4 PASS PASS ?
Barefoot mama99 5'8 200.4 194.8 199.6 GAIN!nono.gif! 4.8 0.8
Buzzer Beater 5'6 153 152 151 1.0 2
Dantes Mama 5'8 183.8 180.2 178.8 1.4 5
Trekking Girl 5'6 208 204.1 199.6 4.5 8.4
Clay Bear 5'8 225 217 215 2.0 10

Pacific Bliss 5'4 177 174 171.6 2.4 5.4
Milk8shake 5'7 192 189.9 190.5 GAIN! nono.gif0.6 0.5
Amanda Marie 5'4 222 220 219 1.0 3
PoppyMama 5'8 220 219 218.5 0.5 1.5
Lovetolaugh 5'2 139 135.8 135.2 0.6 3.8
Stegenrae 5'6 150 149 PASS PASS

?

Congrats to Trekkinggirl, and the BLUE TEAM - who are whooping butt right at the moment!!

Red Team, I'm not one to talk this week, but we need to kick it up a notch or ten!!

And, now... time for pie.  pie2.jpg

Sorry Janine and Rae... You don't get Pie this week. 

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#192 of 347 Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

AFM:  Very embarrassed about my performance this week.  Sorry team, for letting you down.

I'm pleased to say that AF has left the building, and today I am down quite a lot since Monday, so I'm quite convinced that AF was at fault.  Here's hoping next week is a better weigh in for me!

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

#193 of 347 Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Buzzer - I have had lots of luck with suits from Old Navy online. You can return via mail or in the store (if you have one nearby) and usually I can pick something that fits the first time. Perhaps try that? Lands End is also good for online suit shopping and you can mix and match their pieces pretty well if you like the tankinis or shorts or what not.

#194 of 347 Old 02-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Milkshake - my week 3 weigh-in was 176.8 lbs, not 178.8.

#195 of 347 Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Milk, I don't need pie, anyway! :P (besides, I've got wine. Hey, maybe I should cut back on the freaking wine, huh?!) *sigh*

Buzzer, if you have a Sears nearby, you can try on some of the Land's End selections there at the store. I'm glad I did that--I ended up needing a top 2 sizes smaller than I thought (which never happens with these big ol' boobs, but LE has some great options!). If they don't have your size in the color/style you need, then I believe you can ship to store for free. 

If the weather actually gets as warm again this weekend as they're calling for, I may get out and do some running slow jogging on some trails. Unfortunately, the trails I love are single-track mountainbike trails (meaning unpaved), and after our recent rain, will be miserable to try running on, so I'll have to go on the boring, paved ones. Maybe motivation will come back and bite me in the ass and I can use the crushed gravel trail 1/2 block from me during the week next week. 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#196 of 347 Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM

Milk8shake - I'm on Red too! I was 173 for week 1 and 2 and 170.5 for week 3 for a 2.5 lb loss.

I went to the gym today and did 35 minutes of cardio. My 1 year old got a bit upset when I dropped him at childcare so I went a little shorter than I had planned. But the really bad news was coming out to find a flat tire on my car! I nearly had it taken care of when I found that there is a locking lug nut on my tires. Then I couldn't find the key. So I called my hubby to come help and he called roadside assistance as well. I finally found the key stored under the seat that ds1 has his carseat installed on. The roadside assistant guy showed up two minutes later and finished off on changing it. I'm hoping my hubby can take care of it tonight because I'm supposed to meet with a personal trainer at my gym tomorrow (I get a free session for joining).

ribbonpb.gif
#197 of 347 Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry AlllisonRose.  I remember reading your post, because of the well child check up thing. 

It has been a crazy kind of week for me... a lot going on.  I will be back later to update the graph and leaderboards and things for you all. 

#198 of 347 Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. smile.gif   

Last night I tried to go to rink to skate, but only lasted 10 minutes. Too many little kids, and although I know how to stop, most of the little ones didn't. Bummed,  I went home and ordered food from my favorite veggie place, and watched a movie. Did much better today.  I had my hockey skating class,  and got a good 45 minute workout. smile.gif

Tomorrow we're taking a day trip to the local mountains for a family hike. joy.gif

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#199 of 347 Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 AM

Going skiing again today, not in coyote country.

I had a great week with my food.... quitting peanut butter was a huge commitment and I wanted to back it up with a bunch of good food choices. I feel better in my body after a week of it. I didn't snack, didn't eat any refined sugar, and I found myself almost entirely gluten free after I ditched my toast (with peanut butter).

I bought my first pair of jeans in 5 years last night, and it's all good.

#200 of 347 Old 02-12-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone.  Sorry I've been such a bad threadkeeper.  My life is so hectic right now, can't begin to explain it.

Anyway.  I weighed in this morning at 185.9... down 4.6lbs - yay! Better news than last week.

Back tonight to do the chart updates and leaderboard... I promise.  No more excuses

#201 of 347 Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Congrats Milk8Shake on the weight loss!  smile.gif

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#202 of 347 Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM

Congratulations on the loss Milk8Shake! I am sorry to report that I lost 0 lbs this week. Admittedly, with everyone in the house sick and a hurt foot I feel like it was a small victory not to gain. Sorry team. I am going to get back to running this week and I am going to yoga with a friend Tuesday and Wednesday. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegenrae View Post

Milk, I don't need pie, anyway! :P (besides, I've got wine. Hey, maybe I should cut back on the freaking wine, huh?!) *sigh*

Buzzer, if you have a Sears nearby, you can try on some of the Land's End selections there at the store. I'm glad I did that--I ended up needing a top 2 sizes smaller than I thought (which never happens with these big ol' boobs, but LE has some great options!). If they don't have your size in the color/style you need, then I believe you can ship to store for free. 

If the weather actually gets as warm again this weekend as they're calling for, I may get out and do some running slow jogging on some trails. Unfortunately, the trails I love are single-track mountainbike trails (meaning unpaved), and after our recent rain, will be miserable to try running on, so I'll have to go on the boring, paved ones. Maybe motivation will come back and bite me in the ass and I can use the crushed gravel trail 1/2 block from me during the week next week. 

stegenrae- I definitely need to cut back on the wine. So I am sighing with you.

#203 of 347 Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Leader board (last week's)

Blue team are still kicking butt...

weight.jpg

Red team weight loss percentage is 1.49% overall

Blue team weight loss percentage is 2.62% overall!!!

Last week's pie...

pie 3.jpg

#204 of 347 Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

So, three weeks in and I am down 2.8kgs, which is pretty close to my 1kg a week goal.  I'm really looking forward to getting under 80kg, which is 4.5kg, or about 10lbs... So, should be able to do that before the end of the challenge.  That would be 8.91% body weight, which really is a helluva lot when you think about it!!

Anyway, excited for all of you to do your weigh ins and see how we are travelling... Hope the Red team is bringing it this week!1

#205 of 347 Old 02-13-2012, 05:20 AM

I am 169.5 this week which is down 1 lb. Not terrible but not great really. If it weren't for the birthday cake, it might have been 2 lbs. At least we are done with birthdays for a while. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the hubby bought me chocolate for Valentine's Day even though he knows I am trying to lose weight.

ribbonpb.gif
#206 of 347 Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 AM

I weighed in at 173.6 this morning, down 3.2 lbs from last week. I've also lost about four inches off my waist since the beginning of January! Tonight dh and fil are picking up my stationary bike from sears, and I have Slim in 6 on the way from beachbody. Excited to see what kind of results I get!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

#207 of 347 Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 AM

No surprise here, at least I have been consisitent. Down to 150, just 1 pound again.

#208 of 347 Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Weighed in this morning at 213, so down another 2 pounds this week. My big goal is to be between 180-190 by the middle of May and I feel like I am on track to be there, which is fabulous. Here are my stats to date:

January 2011: 256

(tried half heartedly to drop some weight and did but not a lot)

October 2011: 246

Started a committed effort to drop some weight

November 2011: 236

December 2011: 229

January 2012: 225 

(began this challenge at a time when I had 2-3 weeks of not dropping any weight and was frustrated)

Week One: 217!

Week Two: 215

Week Three: 213

First goal: 206 by March 1st

Second Goal: stay under 200 for 2 weeks (my dh and I made a plan for me to go clothing shopping when this happens!)

Third Goal: 185 by Mid-May

#209 of 347 Old 02-13-2012, 08:58 AM

today I am 196.8! 

I tried to post last night to let you ladies know what's been going on with me. But my baby pushed the keyboard and all was lost. I had a minor surgery on Friday and I was given a new sedation medicine then usual and it didn't work. I had a really hard time and it was a really painful afternoon. Then I woke up Saturday in severe pain. Sunday was a little better but today I am hurting a lot again. I was really hoping I would come out in a lot less pain but so far it's been the opposite,

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#210 of 347 Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 AM

ARGH, I had a long post typed out and my laptop went dead. (We have to take it to the Apple Store and have it repaired; Macs do NOT do that, which is why we use Macs. I'm really peeved.) Anyway, it went something like this:

OMG, trekkingirl! I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain--is there ANYthing they could prescribe for you to take the edge off? (Of course, my paranoid self immediately jumps from "minor" surgery to worsening of pain 3 days later, and I wonder if you've ruled out infection from the procedure...? Feel free to tell me to stuff it, lol.) And WTG on the continued loss! thumb.gif

claybear, your hard work and loss is inspiring!

dantesmama & milk, yours too! :)

allisonrose & Buzzer, it's still in the right direction, so keep up the good work!

AFM, umm, I had totally fallen off the healthy food + exercise wagon. Well, I was still eating healthy food, but added in some serious carbs and sugars and too much wine. My body tends toward a couple different plateaus, one of which is around 155, and that's what I've creeped toward over the past 10 days or so. I weighed in this morning at 154lbs redface.gif  If I can get below 145, I will likely plateau again around 142, and it's been so long since I was under 140 that I can't really remember what my next plateau used to be, but I'm thinking it was about 136-ish. I will do some elliptical most every day this week to prepare myself for the self-induced hell of the 30-Day Shred, which I'm borrowing from a friend this weeekend and will start hopefully next Monday. (That wish to start running this weekend? Um, yeah, I was looking at some other forecast or something, because it was frigid here, and now we have snow. yuck.)

I need to go to bed earlier--I know sleep patterns can totally screw with weight loss, and I also snack on crappy stuff late at night. I have a thick book club book I need to get started on before I run out of time, so I think I'll just put myself to bed and read instead of websurf late at night. At least that will cut out the chips& salsa gorging before bed. eyesroll.gif

~Rae

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page