Anyone do WWatchers? Online? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 273 Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post

broc1.gif  Happy dancing for the good number! 

Thanks!  How many activity points do you get for "Happy dancing"?? 

p.s.  My daily points went down again today to 28, so I could use some activity points!!!

#242 of 273 Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Hello everyone!  I need to lose at least 40 lbs, preferably 50.  It's pretty intimidating, but I finally joined a local Weight Watchers group a few days ago.  At first I thought the point system was easy, but today I ate some Pierogies and I think I've just about used up my daily points and it's only just past lunch.  :(  This is getting hard, since some of my favorite foods are high in points.  I have been exercising more though, and I think that contributed to me feeling more hungry today. 

How are points calculated?  I have 26 daily points plus an extra 49 for the week, I think.  Will the points go down as I lose weight?  And what are activity points?  I keep seeing references to them...

#243 of 273 Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Welcome aboard!!!  Love those pierogies myself! 

Points that you get to eat every day are based on your height, weight, age and sex.  26 points is the lowest the new point system goes. (Thank goodness!) 

Activity points are points that you can earn by being active. In the back of your pocket guide is a chart for figuring out how many points you get based on perceived exertion.  For example...if I go to my boot camp class, it is an hour long and the instructor kicks my backside to the point that I don't talk and I'm sweating the entire time my intensity is high.  At my weight and high intensity, I earn 14 activity points for those 60 minutes.  I can either eat those points or I can ignore them and lose weight a bit faster. 

FTR, at the beginning, WW is only looking for people to earn 7 - 14 points a WEEK.  I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I've discovered that I love getting sweaty (and I do 6 classes a week between boot camp and kettle bell).  When you get to maintenance, they expect 24-27 activity points per week.

You can use your 49 flex points at any point during the week or not, as you choose.  So on a day when you've splurged, use your flex points to get you through... or switch to zero point foods (like fruit and most veggies) for the rest of the day.  thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kythe View Post

Hello everyone!  I need to lose at least 40 lbs, preferably 50.  It's pretty intimidating, but I finally joined a local Weight Watchers group a few days ago.  At first I thought the point system was easy, but today I ate some Pierogies and I think I've just about used up my daily points and it's only just past lunch.  :(  This is getting hard, since some of my favorite foods are high in points.  I have been exercising more though, and I think that contributed to me feeling more hungry today. 

How are points calculated?  I have 26 daily points plus an extra 49 for the week, I think.  Will the points go down as I lose weight?  And what are activity points?  I keep seeing references to them...

Best wishes for losing the weight. I've got 40 - 50 lbs to lose myself...

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#244 of 273 Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Welcome!!  wave.gif

I hope you find lots of support here! 

Peace ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kythe View Post

#245 of 273 Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM

dang. broke my streak... gain of 0.4 lbs.  shouldn't have been noshing on the veggies I was getting ready to steam before I went to weigh in. lol.gif

on the bright side, I also weighed at the gym today... and while my weight has not significantly changed in the last week, I've gained 5b lbs of muscle and lost about that much fat...  thumb.gif

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

#246 of 273 Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM

oh, and my response to stress in my life tonight was to head back to the gym for another round.... had kettle bell at lunch time, did 35 minutes on the treadmill then... tonight I went back and did another hour on the TM.  Gotta love endorphins.

#247 of 273 Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:

oh, and my response to stress in my life tonight was to head back to the gym for another round.... had kettle bell at lunch time, did 35 minutes on the treadmill then... tonight I went back and did another hour on the TM.  Gotta love endorphins.

You go, girl! 

#248 of 273 Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM

I had my weigh-in this afternoon -- up 0.2 pounds.  So, I basically stayed the same...oh, well...

How's everyone's week going?

Peace ~~

#249 of 273 Old 04-16-2012, 02:34 PM

I've decided that I'm going to be adding back some points.  I think that I'm hitting famine mode with all the exercise and not enough food to fuel it.  Only 2 or 3 points, but I know that I had more energy a few points ago than I do now.  If I don't have better results, I'll drop the points back off.

#250 of 273 Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM

I just weighed in today.  I lost 0.6 lbs.  I'm not sure what I expected, since this is my first weigh in.  Not too bad I guess, since I still drank two 44-oz sodas this weekend.  If I cut out the sodas, I could lose even more.

#251 of 273 Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 PM

Kythe - congrats on the weight loss. thumb.gif

I had weigh in last night... 5 lb loss. bigeyes.gif   lol.gif  Puts my grand total at 40.8.

#252 of 273 Old 04-21-2012, 04:48 PM

Can I join? My name's Melissa and I've been doing WW for about 9 weeks, this is my second time doing it, I lost 20lbs before I got pregnant using it.  I'm doing really well, I weighed in to start at 205 and I'm down to 184 :) It's so easy to do with the 14 extra points for nursing, my DH has lost 25lbs and his pants are falling off of him, lol. My goal is 160, maybe less I'll have to see when I get there, it;s been so long.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#253 of 273 Old 04-21-2012, 08:00 PM

Welcome to the group, mammamo!  Congrats on you weight loss.   thumb.gif

#254 of 273 Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM

Holy moly, 5 pounds Dmitrizmom?  That's amazing!

Welcome, Melissa!

I had my weigh in today.  I was so scared because I hadn't exercised or tracked last week, but I made myself go -- down 0.2 pounds.  Phew!  I totally dodged the bullet on that one!

Hope all's well with everyone!!  Peace ~~

#255 of 273 Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Joyfulheart - congrats on the loss... even a small loss is still a loss!  thumb.gif As long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction.

#256 of 273 Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 PM

I just had my second weigh-in today, and I gained 1.6 pounds.  Basically, I gained back the 0.6 lbs I had lost last week and a pound more!  Several people at the meeting were very encouraging though, and talked about how they had been through weight gain as well. 

Ironically, the theme for tonight's meeting is self-nurturing - something I really need right now.  I need to come up with ways to handle stress that don't involve food.  I've thought of two:  I recently bought a new meditation CD, and I can take relaxing baths to wind down, instead of eating when I'm stressed from work.

#257 of 273 Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 PM

I'm going to be watching this group until I'm about 6 weeks postpartum, then I'm totally joining you ladies using WW online. I am excited to do the nursing program. I think I'll probably have 40-50 lbs to lose! Ack! I'm a former "skinny person" whose body was wrecked by babies and hormones, and less time and inclination to eat healthy. I am so, so ready to feel like my old self again. Just the body aches and pains alone, from being near 200 lbs (I'm 32 weeks pregnant and 5'7") is really motivating me to get skinny as quickly and safely as I can.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#258 of 273 Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 PM

Im really having a bad food week this week, but hopefully ate enough in veggies and fruits that I didn't completely blow it. I will weight in sunday morning. I don't have a scale at home so I weigh in at work.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#259 of 273 Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 PM

weigh in last night: -3.8. smile.gif

0.4 lbs to 45 lbs lost.

2.4 lbs to 20% lost...

hoping I make it next Thursday, but not counting on it as I'm visiting friends out of town this weekend.

#260 of 273 Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:

weigh in last night: -3.8. smile.gif

0.4 lbs to 45 lbs lost.

2.4 lbs to 20% lost...

hoping I make it next Thursday, but not counting on it as I'm visiting friends out of town this weekend.

How do you do it?  You are amazing with your weight loss!!  Good for you!! You must feel great!

#261 of 273 Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM

Thanks! I do feel great - and just amazed by how much that same weight feels like in the weight room on Friday mornings! 

How am I doing it: I spend a lot of time working out.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do a 60 minute boot camp class; Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I do a 40 minute kettlebell class.  I try to squeeze in a cardio session after kettlebell at least once a week. If I can, Saturday is for a fun Zumba class.  I eat my daily points and probably about 1/2 my flex points in a normal week. (when I didn't eat some of the flex points, I plateaued because I needed more calories to fuel my workouts)

#262 of 273 Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 AM

My weight in was bad, gained 1.5lbs. I'm hoping that it was just poop since I haven't pooped in a couple of days, working does that to me...not enough water....

Oh well, I need to save ALL my flex points for this week because my DD2 birthday party is this weekend, and my DS baptism is also this weekend, the food going to be there isn't even the scariest part. My IL's and my mom don't get along and last weekend my Mom and brothers went to my SIL's XH wedding (He is an old family friend) FML

#263 of 273 Old 04-30-2012, 01:43 PM

mammamo, you'll have good weeks and bad, I've learned.  Hang tough on the down weeks.  We're all here to support you!

I had my weigh in today -- drum roll, please -- down 0.2 pounds again!  I've lost 0.4 pounds in two weeks.  Okay, I wasn't that great about tracking and only exercised twice, so really I can't complain.  I am going to motivate myself to track track track, because as my WW leader says, "Only track on the days you want to lose weight!"  Yep.

#264 of 273 Old 04-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Joyfulheart - a loss is a loss is a loss!  I think I like your leader. thumb.gif

I had a bounce up over the weekend... Think I can get it back to where I was by weigh in on Thursday.  I did not track. We were visiting friends out of town and I was weak... We sat at their table and visited and ate and ate and ate.  I felt so gross by the end of the days there and knew I would be up. The visiting with friends was great, but I really can't just sit around to visit any more... maybe if we went for walks or to the park or anywhere that food wasn't just sitting there. 

Bootcamp this morning was great.  Felt much better after getting sweaty (saw someone somewhere say that sweat is fat crying - kind of like that. LOL) and getting my t-shirt for finishing last session...

#265 of 273 Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 PM

I'm down 0.6 lbs this week.  Good, but my total weight is still 0.4 lbs above my original weigh in.  I did weight lift 4 times this week, so I'm hoping I am gaining muscle and losing fat.  Not a fast weight loss method, but it should be effective.  Weight-wise, I'm basically holding steady.  It's better than gaining, and I'm learning new health habits, but this sure isn't easy. :(

#266 of 273 Old 05-07-2012, 01:32 PM

I just had my weigh-in...for the 3rd week in a row, I'm down 0.2 pounds!!  I am a total slow loser!!

How's everyone doing??

#267 of 273 Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM

last Thursday, I managed to maintain. no loss or gain.

really want the numbers to be moving down.  need to get back to tracking every bite.

#268 of 273 Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 AM

posting a loss of 2.8 lbs!

20% of me is gone!  energy.gif

#269 of 273 Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:

posting a loss of 2.8 lbs!

20% of me is gone!  energy.gif

20%!!  Woo Hoo!!  Good for you!!  That is amazing!!!  You must feel so good!!  Now, can you rub off on me, please?  I've lost 0.6 pounds in a month!!

Peace~~

#270 of 273 Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Me last August.Me tonight in my new dress. :)

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page