anyone else have a post-c-section pooch belly?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I hate it. I am almost two years since my last c-section (had first 12/2007) and still have a belly. I look 5 months pregnant, AND have hanging skin underneath that, that folds over the c-section scars. I know that sounds gross. A few months ago, a nice old lady started talking to me, DH, and kids at the park, and she asked me when I was due!!! I was embarrassed, but I guess I deserved it. She really felt bad when she realized I wasn't pregnant. I felt bad for her because she didn't know. I weigh less than I did before both my pregnancies, but still have 20-25 lbs to go... 2 years later. Before kids I barely weighed 120 lbs and was in great shape. Anyway, is there anyone else out there c-section or not, that still has a belly like mine?? I haven't really tried to lose weight (problem # 1), but I know that once I start I will see results. My worry is that hanging skin. Will it go away when I start losing weight, or am I stuck with it unless I get surgery to get rid of it? I hope there are others out there like me. I am moving back down south in two months and warmer weather= less clothes. I don't want to hide in the house or behind big clothes. Need encouragement!!!!

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#2 of 6 Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It goes away.  You have to lost A LOT of weight really fast to need surgery to remove excess skin.  

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#3 of 6 Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

I hope that's the case. Honestly, my belly looks like a smaller version of what Kate Gosselin's looked like on the episode where she revealed her belly to the world... after having her six kids. Remember that one? My body is weird though. I am short and have no torso at all. When I was pregnant with my kids, they had nowhere to go but out front... far out. My babies were good size (8'8 and 8'6), but still, my bellies were HUGE. I suppose that is a factor as well.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#4 of 6 Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just thought I'd mention diastasis recti, a vertical separation of muscles in the abdomen.  I have it and it's common in women after pregnancy, especially after a c-section when your body might have trouble re-engaging those muscles that have been sliced after healing. 

Here's a link:

http://diastasisrehab.com/

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

#5 of 6 Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Ummm, no, it doesn't go away.  It's called a panniculus.  It's skin and no amount of working out will get rid of it.  Only surgery.  Sorry, I truly feel your pain!

Bring back the old MDC
#6 of 6 Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

OMG!!!! Thanks for the info. Panniculus and diastasis recti are ME. I looked at those before and after pictures on the diastasis rehab site... it was like looking in the mirror. I am going to look into this further. Thanks!!!

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page