What are your favorite fitness DVDs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all, I'm looking for some DVD recommendations to shake things up a bit (so to speak).  I run 3x a week and do strength 2x, but I am dragging and am on a plateau.  I'd like something I can do in the morning at home.  I'm not much of a yoga person, but would like something fun for toning and cardio that does not require much equipment--I have some 8lb dumbbells and that's about it..  Latin dance?  Maybe something that targets the glutes or abs.  Thanks for any ideas!

#2 of 5 Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 AM

I recommend the Jillian Michaels Shred set or any of her stuff, really...  I don't care for her, but I have to admit that her Shred series will bust even the most stubborn of plateaus. 

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#3 of 5 Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 AM

I second the Jillian Micheals recommendation. I just picked up her "30 day shred" for about $10 and I really like it. I can do in the morning while LO is napping (it's got 4 workouts, about 30 min each). She's got modifications for easier or harder and it's a great strength/cardio/abs combo workout.

I've got the last 8 or so pounds to lose from baby weight and I can feel it happening already!

#4 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM

I was just asking people on another forum I'm on if they had Jillian Michaels dvd suggestions. You can watch all her (or most.. not sure how many she currently has) workouts for free for 10 days on Gaiamtv.com and see which ones you like... just make sure to cancel your subscription so you are not charged.

I think I'll try her 30 Day shred too.. have heard good things even though I'm not really a fan of her training style.

Anyone suggest any of the beachbody dvds? I've done Brazil Butt Lift, P90x and now Insanity but always looking for other suggestions.

#5 of 5 Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM

I like the Jillian Michaels DVDs too.  The Shred is a great starter and Ripped in 30 steps it up a notch.  I'm going to start her 90 day program soon ... Body Revolution.  I'm also a runner, swimmer, and I get bored with most DVDs very easily, but hers are short and effective.  Like many others, I'm not a fan of her, but her workouts are great.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09

Tags
Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page