The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - version 2.0 (start date 19/03/12) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 465 Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Warning: Complaining to follow ;)

I have been very pleased with losing weight thus far. HOWEVER I am losing it all in my breasts!!!! urgh. Wish some of it would come off in the areas that has a lot to give and I could keep my breasts! ok. complaining done.

#362 of 465 Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 PM

Sorry for the delay - 186.8 this morning. Going down is encouraging, but I know I am not doing enough. Have some walks planned this week to do better.

#363 of 465 Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 PM

chiro fixed my back and helped w/ my shoulder a bit. She says I have mild bursitis, and to ice and use anti-inflammatories and do some range of motion exercises for the next week. And not to do any arm workouts for that time at least. :/ I didin't do anything today, and tomorrow is a run day, so that's fine. But Wednesday might be tough--maybe I can do my video and just not do the arm things (man, that'll be boring, lol). 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#364 of 465 Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamefati28 View Post

Warning: Complaining to follow ;)

I have been very pleased with losing weight thus far. HOWEVER I am losing it all in my breasts!!!! urgh. Wish some of it would come off in the areas that has a lot to give and I could keep my breasts! ok. complaining done.

My breasts are gone, my butt is goin'. Hopefully this belly is next on the list.

#365 of 465 Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ugh, I know...the belly. I lose in my face first and then shoulders and breasts and then I swear it jumps to my butt and skips my belly. I forgot to tell you ladies this. I was complaining to a midwife friend that I am almost 2 years postpartum and still look 5 month pregnant. She asked if I had a diastasis during the pregnancy and I did. She said it is probably still there and I should not do crunches but focus more on planks and yoga moves like the one where you get on your hands and knees and hold one arm and the opposite leg level and then switch. I am having some luck with this actually. I can definitely tell there is more tone in my belly and even though the weight isn't coming off you can see a difference. I can only hold a low plank for 30 seconds but I'm working on it. 

I start PT for my hip Thursday. I did start doing pushups with DH. I could only do 5 to start but last session I did 16.

#366 of 465 Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 PM

153.5 for this week. Thanks!

#367 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 AM

Very happy Monday am was water weight - I'm 145 so I didn't gain last week!!  (I know that only the Monday gets tracked, but that will remind me to be doing my weeekday "routine" on the weekends too!)  Personally just very relieved!

Mama to DS (8) and DD (7) Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement.

#368 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Yesterday, I ate well and got my brisk walk in with DH.  I think I need to step up a bit to more exercise, but I am a least getting the minimum and that helped last week. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#369 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 AM

Decided if I play I have to pay!  Had a big glass of white wine while I cooked dinner last night  (not part of my plan!) so I threw in an extra 30 min walk this am (I'm an insanely early riser, much to my annoyance) - I called it my "wine walk"  shy.gif

Mama to DS (8) and DD (7) Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement.

#370 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My boobs are disappearing too - much to DP's dismay!  

What do you guys do about that awkward "clothes don't fit" kind of stage?  I don't want to buy new clothes just yet, because I have a decent amount more to lose.  But, my clothes are noticeably frumpy right now, and my bras not really sitting well at all.  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#371 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 AM

When I gained all of my weight I finally caved and went to Marshall's (TJ Maxx would work too) and bought a few pairs of jeans.  I didn't fit into anything and was tired of sitting in front of my closet and crying!  I wear my tops that are a bit looser with those and use accessories as much as possible (funky necklaces, shoes - 'cause my feet aren't getting bigger or smaller! etc)  I found I had to give in and buy those 2 pairs of jeans - they really have paid off in the sheer amount they've been worn plus reducing my stress when I try to get dressed! 

I'd grab some bras from a discount store - the places I mentioned above have pretty big selections on the cheap - just buy one nude one for light shirts and one black.

HTH :)

#372 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 AM

To join the "chorus" - while I can't wait to lose weight, I have LOVED having this bust as a side effect of being 20+ pounds over.  I've always been small chested (when I was skinny) and these girls are fun - I'll be sad to see them go (but NOT my stomach, buh-bye!!!!)

#373 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 AM

I just want to say I wish my bust would go down some, but I don't see that happening since my mom has a large bust too.  

Now I want to complain, I went for a long walk with my kidos yesterday with our new stroller,  last night I go out to put them in it to go on a another walk... they were not going to sleep and it was past their bedtime.  And come to find out one of the inner tubes in the tire got a hole in it so I have to contact the company about it.  Not happy since that means no long walks unless I go to the river walk and my daughter walks with me.  

#374 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 AM

It is so interesting to hear from the other side of the fence - I have always been huge up top (when I wore a size 2 pants, I was a 30H cup) and now, while breastfeeding I am just plain rediculous (32 M cup).  I actually plan on paying for smaller boobs when I am finished BF - that is one of the reasons I want to loose weight.  I want to be at my optimal weight for surgery, both because it will lower my anesthesia risks and it will be easier for the surgeon to see what they are working with.  I would be thrilled to loose in my breasts, but I am pretty confident that is the last place I will loose.  Right now it is really only visible in my face.  I can't wait to kiss my extra tummy and extra rear/thighs goodbye!!  It is interesting to me to hear others hoping their boobs stick around because in my long range battle to keep the ladies tied down, I forget that most people do not harbor this extreme frustration with big boobs.  Maybe I should try to appreciate them for the next 9 months (BF goal is Jan 2013, when DD turns 2) before I get rid of them!

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#375 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Checking in late.  

No gain, no loss. I got sloppy last week while dh has been home and we have been playing, snacking, cooking, loafing more.  Need to get back on my plan! 

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#376 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

Ugh, I know...the belly. I lose in my face first and then shoulders and breasts and then I swear it jumps to my butt and skips my belly. I forgot to tell you ladies this. I was complaining to a midwife friend that I am almost 2 years postpartum and still look 5 month pregnant. She asked if I had a diastasis during the pregnancy and I did. She said it is probably still there and I should not do crunches but focus more on planks and yoga moves like the one where you get on your hands and knees and hold one arm and the opposite leg level and then switch. I am having some luck with this actually. I can definitely tell there is more tone in my belly and even though the weight isn't coming off you can see a difference. I can only hold a low plank for 30 seconds but I'm working on it. 

Oh, that's really interesting. I had that a little bit during my pregnancies, too.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#377 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 AM

My boobs are disappearing, too. To make matters worse, my 2yo weaned in Dec/Jan, so I was already dealing with post-BF shrinkage. I'm also worried what my belly is going to look like when I reach my goal weight; as I lose fat on my belly, the skin is getting wrinklier and saggier (I got stretched out quite a bit with babies #2 and #3). I've read that building muscle will help fill out the skin, but realistically I am not seeing that as something that will make a huge difference.

Ruthiegirl, it is so easy to let diet and exercise slide when my hubby is home! My last diet failed during dh's vacation week last year. Good for you for getting back on track.

AF came the other day, which explains my dismal weigh-in (-.2). I lost 1.5 lb from yesterday, so I'm confident that it was just water weight. This is the first period I've had since fall and I'm kind of excited because it was a "real" period - I ovulated and got af 2 weeks later, whereas the few periods I've had in the last year were just long stretches of anovulatory bleeding. I had been hoping that losing weight might help regulate my cycles.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#378 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 AM

Sorry I got caught up in sewing yesterday and forgot to check in. I was right, and I am up to pounds to 210.6. Sorry blue team. I did do Ripped in 30 yesterday and went for a walk. Rae- thanks for sharing that. It's directly under my 4th metatarsal on my right foot. I have shooting pain into my toes anytime I step on it.

I've got to go, but have a nature walk planned for this afternoon with the kiddos.

Nicole, sewmachine.gif Mama to hearts.gif C (4/07) and whistling.gif Z (2/09).

#379 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM

It's so funny how we all have different ideas about wanting to lose weight in our busts! I definitely can't wait for the weight to come off there again. I loved wearing cuter, smaller bras (I was a 38 C at my lower weight) instead of the full coverage things available in 42D. Sigh...

When I had my big loss, I wore my bigger clothes for a while -- even with a belt they were falling off! I only bought new stuff once before the end (I started at 296 and bought new stuff around 215 and then at my bottom, which was 185). I have bought two sets of stuff on the way back up, but I have my smaller stuff in the attic. Hopefully I will be back in it this coming winter!

#380 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 AM

I did go buy a new pair of jeans. I just needed to be able to throw something on that looked decent. My suits and stuff for work are just starting to fit comfortably so I think I have a while before I have to worry about work clothes.

I have been considering breast surgery too. One has always been way bigger than the other. I was hoping to even it out a bit while nursing but no, the larger one was a favorite of both kids so 3+ years of nursing did not help. I am considering a reduction on one side to even them out. It has always frustrated me I can't really wear a lot of cute tops or sundresses because they pull to one side and make it painfully obvious. I told myself I would get down to a healthy weight, see how they look and then decide.

#381 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM

Made it to Pilates class at my gym this morning. It was challenging, in a good way. Although the Zumba class next door seemed to be having a lot of fun....

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#382 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 PM

I just found this thread yesterday and it's so exciting to be reading all of these posts and see how everyone is really trying to reach their goal and stay motivated because it's a team effort. I soooo want to join!!!! May I be on the waiting list for the next 8-week cycle that starts in May? 

Hispanic hola.gifmama to my beautiful toddler princess(3/11)dust.gif and wife to the most loving man I know(5/8/10) flowersforyou.gif. We believe in yeahthat.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif gd.gif goorganic.jpg delayedvax.gif.

#383 of 465 Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM

I wear Lee One True Fit jeans. you can find them at kohls. they still fit perfect and they fit perfect when i was 20 lbs heavier too. tummy tucking panel and I'm a size 12 instead of 16/18. I will never go back to any other jean. You have to buy them a little too small though because they stretch to fit. So if you think you need the next size up, then you've picked the right size.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#384 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Milk8shake, buy a few things from a thrift store, clotheswise, and invest in a better fitting bra because a correct fitting undergarment makes all the clothes above it look better.  When you look better, you feel better.

Got my walk in at the grocery store last night.  Tonight I have a sewing guild meeting so I might not get the exercise I know I need.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#385 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Tonight is 1 1/2 hours of hockey and hockey skating lessons. I'm going to make a smoothie after and drink more water and see if that heads off the night cravings. Most likely I'lll be going to bed the same time as my kids. Lol   Still just mostly walking on my off rink days. And I'm worried that I may not lose any weight this week. My ds is nursing a lot because of teething and I tend to hold on to weight when that happens. :(

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#386 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Been doing pretty good exercise wise: Bootcamp on Monday and today. Missed kettlebell yesterday because I have 2 kids quarantined with chicken pox and didn't have anyone else to watch them. Kettlebell tomorrow and Sunday. Bootcamp again on Friday.  Thinking about going to Zumba for fun on Saturday morning. :)  Diet has been pretty good, but could be better (need to go restock with fruits and veggies).

Amanda - the hockey sounds like fun. nothing like that close enough for me to do around my other commitments though.

Re: Shrinking Boobies tribe:  Holy heck! Mine are shrinking too!  Never before have I lost breast tissue while losing weight - but I'm down from a 38F/G to a 36DD. Dh told me that at this rate I'm not going to need the reduction that we've joked about for the last decade.  I told him I was going to need a lift and tuck at this rate.  orngtongue.gif

On the clothing situation: I've decided that I'm going to wait to get new pants - I will go to a thrift shop to get 'em if I need 'em.  What I'm doing is making some skirts with elastic waistbands that I can just cinch tighter as I shrink.  Shirts - just wearing them baggy for now.  Only thing I am going to get is new workout pants - my current ones are falling off of me (I've been tacking them in with safety pins and got stuck the other day.  Ouch).

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#387 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Really really dragging today, taking my ass to the gym for some punishing laps. Didn't sleep well and it shows. This is the mood I get in where I really want to eat chocolate. Instead I WILL ADD MILES.

irked.gif

#388 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM

I had a good day today, did JM Ripped in 30 DVD, week 1, and actually made it through the whole thing. went to volleyball last night and it was 4 on 4 instead of the usual 6 per side, but we only played an hour instead of two. None of the guys that put the net up came, so it took away from actual play time. Anyhow, it as a good workout. I stayed under in my net calories today and yesterday, so hopefully I'll see a loss this week.

Nicole, sewmachine.gif Mama to hearts.gif C (4/07) and whistling.gif Z (2/09).

#389 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 PM

I am pretty pumped about my day today - ate reasonably and while no "official" work out, Tonight was our 3rd night of our new family tradition - an after dinner walk (about 40 minutes between dinner and bath, I push the double jogger!).  I also got out veggie garden planted and mowed the lawn (push mower), and I have a nice little sun burn for my efforts :)  But I kept moving all day, so I will take it.

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

#390 of 465 Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 PM

At this point I have everyone's weigh ins but mama-k and isafrench.  Milk said something about isafrench being out of touch until thursday, but I can't remember if that was for last week or this week - so milk, let me know if she PMs you!

Here are this week's numbers:

Name

Start

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Total Loss

% Loss

BarefootMama99

allisonrose

Nillarilla

Amandamarie

claybear

Adaline’sMama

Milk8shake

Dida17

mamaclukey

trekkingirl

tropicana

BlueStateMama

Ruthiegirl

dbsam

Dantesmama

Dmitrizmom

Mama-k

?

?

?

Tracylee

Mommy22IN

christinelin

pacificbliss

PNCTink

stegenrae

Buzzer Beater

Mamefati28

LBCMAX

krisnicjohn

IsaFrench

?

?

lilacvioletiris

-------

lairaja

-------

huha

-------

vermontgirl

-------

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page