The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - version 2.0 (start date 19/03/12) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I ended up having a great week after a really rocky Monday start and those crappy extra pounds from vacation!

Walked/ran/lifted a bit Tuesday thru Friday, took yesterday off because my hamstrings hurt, and I've got a sitter lined up this afternoon so I have time to lift with dh and also hit the track.

Re: earlier convo about running... I used to trail run, up to 20 mile races. I don't know if I got fit and then ran, or ran and then got fit, because it was sorta the same process with a lot of activities going on- swimming, running, lifting, skiing, dodge ball, basketball. A very active period in my life. Nowadays, I cannot run because of my knees, and I am told my knees are bad because I'm outta shape. We'll see how this plays out over the next few months as I lose weight/gain strength/learn to run again. Hopefully.

I think it's a very individual process for people. I don't think I can be my fittest without running, and it makes me sad to think I may not run again if I don't get my kneees figured out. I've known some very very fit people who only run. And I've known some runners who don't look/seem fit to me, but who knows?

Good luck weighing in the morning, everyone, but really:

GO RED TEAM!!!

#182 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Whew. Birthday madness OVER. I've eaten way too much crap in the past couple of days (just cooking and baking and trying the food, not even sitting down to eat). I weighed in this morning at 149, which means I have not lost or gained any weight since Monday. I know that if it wasnt for my constant running around to get this party going, Id have probably gained 5 lbs with all the food. I'm back on the healthy food as of tomorrow morning (I have leftover that have to get eaten today....or at least that is how Ill justify it.)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#183 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 AM

Hey there - Thanks for letting me join the challenge!

Am I RED or BLUE?

My 40th birthday was a little over a week ago, and I've definitely been more lax about both calorie counting and exercise. Today is a new day, though.

Looking forward to being accountable!

SAHM with amazing DP, brilliant DS (10/18/07) and sweet-as-pie DD (1/26/10). We are extended BF, bedsharing, babywearing, CD, novax, no circ, UP, simple living and happy to be here!
#184 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 01:41 PM

I did C25K week4, day2 yesterday. (Plus Ab workout) I apparently struggled so much to stay off my heels that I was pushing my toes to the front of my shoes and rubbed big honking blisters on my pinky toes. :( I'm hoping just slapping a bandage on them before running tomorrow will be okay. I was pretty much running on my toes only, so my calves are *tight.* I need to mow today--we have a reel mower that hasn't been sharpened, so it's a decent workout in itself, lol. I'm totally counting that.

ETA: well, my almost-7yo mowed the back while I attended to compost duties. So I can't really count the mowing for anything. :/ (but yay for a competent job by my kid, who has a new chore while I'll be gardening starting next week.)

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#185 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM

I would like to (and need to) join up.

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#186 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

177.4 today.  I may have broken the plateau, finally! 

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#187 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Welcome.gif

Love all the new faces.  More is definitely better!  I  love all the chatter on this thread.  

Feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in.  I have been right on track all week and can feel a difference in  my clothes today.  

GO RED!!!!!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#188 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Totally hoping for an awesome number tomorrow...  Went to kettle bell on Thursday, did Zumba and a cardio workout on Saturday and ran/jogged for about an hour today.  I'll be missing my scheduled workout classes on MTW due to extra hours at work and I'm trying to figure out how to get a workout in.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#189 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 04:26 PM

I did good with food this week, but not with getting to the gym. Being a single mom+crazy week makes it so i am not always able to.

Not sure if i can check in tomm. so I weighed tonight....

140!!! Go BLUE TEAM!

#190 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 04:33 PM

147.4 this morning. *fingers crossed* to lose the other half pound by morning... will post again!

#191 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Anybody want to start c25k with me tomorrow?

I really need a buddy or two and I really really want to do this! My knees felt great at the track today. I just need to take it slowly and commit to the time it will take to build up. I know this program works, I used it when I taught myself to run the first time in my thirties.

So, any takers? I have no trouble getting to the gym/outside at least 4 times a week, so I have no excuses.

#192 of 465 Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

162 (after morning shower ... it DOES show a difference, but WHY ?

sorry blue team, + 2 this week (2 birthday parties when I'm in charge of food = not a good idea in the same week !)

very motivated to do much better food wise this coming week ...

#193 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Interesting, I tried the shower thing, and it did NOT work for me.  I weighed myself, had a shower, then did it again, and it was exactly the same!

BB - I would really, really like to start back on the C25K.  Especially considering that one of my goals is to run a 5k later in the year.  My concern is that my knees have been giving me trouble.

Kinda OT:  anyone have any experience with chronic fatigue?  I am seriously wondering if I have it.  I am ALWAYS exhausted.  I thought that upping the exercise might help (everyone always says that exercise gives you more energy).  Not true.  It takes all my strength just to go to work some mornings.  FWIW, I am getting a medical opinion, I'm just curious...

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#194 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Well, I got my 30 minutes of brisk walking in with DH yesterday and ate well.

Today, 238.8 pounds, same as last Monday.  No gain, no loss.  Must exercise more and eat better this week.

Milk8Shake, have you been tested for hypothyroid?  I was having issues with chronic fatigue and other hypothyroid symptoms.  Turns out my TSH was normal, but my Free T4 was low.  I have been on thyroid meds since Dec and it has made a lot of difference. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#195 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 05:04 AM

Well, I weighed 182 this morning, which is not surprising.  My sisters came home from spring break and I was spending a lot of time with them.  We ordered Papa Johns' Saturday night and then yesterday we went to a chinese buffet for lunch.  Plus I didn't do much, besides a little gardening.  My mom mentioned that I look better and she can tell that I'm losing weight and my pants are almost to the point that they are too big for me.   

#196 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Nice weigh in this morning.  Tracking my calories every day has really made a difference.  188 this morning for a 5 pound loss! 

My goal this week is to do the same thing.  Track calories every day.  I would love to squeak in some exercise, but that will be a bonus for now.  Dh is working like a dog and I am often on my own with all 4 kids.  If I plan it right, I might get in a walk today with the baby.  

Good luck to everyone.    Go team RED!  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#197 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 AM

Late in joining.  210.5 at 5'8"

#198 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 05:31 AM

Alright, my weight this morning 195.2

I went up a bit.  It doesn't totally make sense, but I guess it does.  I started the week off really well.  The not eating at all in the evening after an early dinner really worked for me.  I ate well during the day but went to bed hungry and it showed on the scale.  I lost 2 pounds in the first half of the week.  Then I fell back into old habits.  I was eating well, but then snacking for reasons such as: stress, tieredness, loneliness...etc.  There can always be an excuse. I have to stop this nonsense. 

Eating is not going to make my kids stop crying and fighting with eachother. Eating is not going to erase the fact that i'm alone all weekend because hubby has work to do. eating is not going to make me feel better or happier. In the end I just feel crappy, and down and bad about myself.  Yesterday I was sick with the flu and didn't eat much.  I thought that would at least make my weigh in good.

Gonna pick my myself up and keep trying. Good headspace, good headspace!!

#199 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 AM

#200 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 AM

198.8 this morning for a 6.2 lb loss.

trekkingirl likes this.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#201 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

164 is my weigh in for this morning. (I think I'm on Blue team this time around but I might be mistaken.) I'm down 2 lbs from last week (1 lb from the week before - still really happy though).

I went to the gym yesterday and did 50 minutes of cardio: some time on the elliptical and some time walking on the treadmill. If I'm going to do C25K, it will likely be on the treadmill since I don't have a jogging stroller and otherwise have to rely on my hubby to watch the kiddos. I also tend to have zero motivation to workout if I leave it to the end of the day. I'm going to hit a kickboxing interval class at my gym this morning. ETA: didn't make the class (note to self: add 5 minutes to get kiddo dressed) but I did 25 minutes on elliptical and 20 minutes of strength training and stretching.

My hubby is also talking about starting to go to the gym. My gym membership is actually for all of us in the family because his company had a corporate discount with my gym. It would have been $30 or so more a month if I left him off! I've made suggestions about get up a little early, hit the gym, shower and go to work from there. Also there is child watch there in the evenings and I told him go after dinner and take our 3 y/o with (ds1 loves the "indoor playground"). He says there is a small exercise room in his building that he has access to so I suggested go during lunch. I also said we can all go in on Saturday mornings but he likes the alone time he gets while I take ds1 with me to the gym while ds2 naps. (Background: he has essentially blamed me for him not having time to [whatever] since I want him to come home at a reasonable hour which is because I'm with the kids all day and I look forward to a bit of help.)

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#202 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 AM

187.8 - so a .2 lb loss!

I am so happy I didn't gain weight this week - it was a rough one with AF. I wanted to eat everything chocolate in sight. I did try to remind myself that the blue team is counting on me... it helped a little. 

Go blues! 

#203 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 AM

237.4   (2.6 pound loss)

#204 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 AM

147 this morning, super happy about getting back on track.

Milk8shake,  do you have a link to c25k? I'd love it if you'd start with me. I'm struggling with my knees too, so I do a very slow run that might be funny looking to others. I've really had to modify my gait to protect my old body with this weight. Google Chi Running and see what you think. I also run with my knees taped sometimes.

Also, I have a feeling of chronic fatigue when my thyroid is not supplemented properly. On top of that I have sleep apnea... you make look into that. I do not snore a bit and could not think I had it until it got so bad I could not stay asleep on my back.

#205 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

I can't run and it makes me want to cry. I did a C25K and after that just started to enjoy running. Last week I was at a conference and did not get to run, wore heels all day. When I got back I noticed a little soreness in my hip. It does not have the strength for a run. I have no idea what happened. I am shocked at how derailed I feel. I drank too much wine the last few days and was not great with food. I really, really need to snap out of it. Some one kick me in the butt!!!

So sorry! As far as the soreness in your hip, are you sure you are wearing the proper running shoes? Have you been fitted? I ask because I was fitted with running shoes at a national athletic store a few years ago. As I progressed in mileage, I noticed the right side of my body, especially my hip area, ached. I went to my local running store last year, and was fitted properly, and now I generally have no issues. Good luck and hope you're better soon!

#206 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 AM

Weighed in at 147 even today. Kind of surprised as this has been a really rough week for me, but yay!

#207 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 AM

I weighed in at 203.5 this morning.  I survived the crazy week of celebrations without gaining.  I do doubt that this is all real loss - there may be some dehydration loss too.  So I might find myself back up after hydrating!  This will be my motivation to be REALLY good this week and hopefully see another loss rather than a gain!!

GO RED TEAM!!!!

I will post the updated chart this evening, so keep getting those weights posted ladies!

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#208 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 AM

153.5 this morning.

#209 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 AM

152.2 today, and energy is coming back so I hope for even more next week.

Go Blue!

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#210 of 465 Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post

re: alcohol, to each her own, i always say. BUT if you are *really* serious about losing as much weight as you can, as quickly as you can... don't drink.

re: breastfeeding, i'm nursing a 2 year old and haven't lost my supply, despite losing 40 pounds since november. (10 more to go for me!!)

i had a good day today, ate about a 1/2 pound of low sodium turkey for breakfast, two yogurts, along with a fried egg, many cut up vegetables dipped in full fat ranch dressing, much fresh fruit, and a generously large spinach salad with sunflower kernels and a grilled chicken breast, topped with full fat ranch dressing. all consumed between 7 am and 2:30 pm., after which time i ate only a couple of strawberries around 4:30 pm. a couple of strong black coffees too and ice water of course. my stomach was growling around 6 pm, which is a good sign that i'm actively losing weight. BUT i am never jittery hungry or feel desperate for food. i do believe this is because of the large quantity of quality foods i am consuming. 

i am hoping to hit the 147 mark tomorrow.

I definitely plan to cool it with the wine. I really only drink coffee (AM), water and wine (PM) but could cut back or eliminate the wine. A soak in the hot tub and a glass of wine is such a nice ritual though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I'm officially back on the mini pill so I hope that I can stop getting AF every week! It's really messing up my groove.

Yay! I hope it gets AF back on a normal track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post

All the references to C25K are getting to me. I'm tempted to consider going for it. There are plenty of 5Ks in my area so it would be kinda neat to have a goal other than a number on the scale. A FB friend of mine posted this which makes me wonder if it's a good idea though: http://breakingmuscle.com/training/7-fitness-myths-ie-total-bs-you-need-know

Thoughts?

I made it to the gym yesterday (just barely) and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I had hoped to make it to Pilates class at my gym this week but didn't. It's at 9:30 which ends up conflicting with breakfast. Hopefully next week.

Well, for me the running was definitely speeding up the weight loss. This article did remind me though that I should be doing more weight training. Maybe that will be a new goal while I can't run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post

162 (after morning shower ... it DOES show a difference, but WHY ?

sorry blue team, + 2 this week (2 birthday parties when I'm in charge of food = not a good idea in the same week !)

very motivated to do much better food wise this coming week ...

The shower is dehydrating. Think of the wrinkly fingers and toes. It's only water weight but I will take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post

198.8 this morning for a 6.2 lb loss.

jaw.gifthumbsup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnicjohn View Post

So sorry! As far as the soreness in your hip, are you sure you are wearing the proper running shoes? Have you been fitted? I ask because I was fitted with running shoes at a national athletic store a few years ago. As I progressed in mileage, I noticed the right side of my body, especially my hip area, ached. I went to my local running store last year, and was fitted properly, and now I generally have no issues. Good luck and hope you're better soon!

I did go to a running store and get fitted. They watched me run and put me on the treadmill that measures where your foot falls. I got shoes and inserts. The shoes are getting a bit old though...

AFM, I am sorry to report that I gained a lb. 170 for me. Sorry Red Team! I appreciate all the support here. It did snap me out of a funk and I will be good this week!

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page