Is there a "Lots to Lose" thread anymore? Can we start one? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have about 190lbs to lose, and could use some support and commiseration!  Anyone else out there with a lot to lose?   I am walking and watching carbs, as well as counting calories.  I am down 6.6lbs from my highest weight a couple of weeks ago.

flowersforyou.gif

#2 of 20 Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 AM

I could use some support. I have about 65 left to loose. I have lost around 14 so far. I have been doing a intense exercise class 3 days a week and walk a couple days a week to every day for half an hour at a fast pace. I also have just started using an exercise ball. 

I have lost about 6 inches over all but it feels so slow going! I am staying under 1550 a day and eating breakfast and snacks just lots of healthy foods! Measuring servings and such. 

Good luck to both of us!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#3 of 20 Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 AM

I have about 40 pounds to lose.  Do I qualify?  I'm 5'2", so for me, this is a ton of weight to have on me!

I gained about 13 pounds while house-hunting right before baby came along, and then the rest was pregnancy - minus, of course, the 8lbs 3ozs I lost right away! 

I'm struggling, but I'm not beat until I quit, darnit. 

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#4 of 20 Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Sure, everyone is welcome!  It's great to hear from you Mrs. Gregory and Katie T!

I had a shock today - my weight is up 1 lb!  I almost freaked out until I realized that it's probably from eating corned beef and cabbage last night, very salty.  Also, I've been doing everything "right" - counting cals and staying under my BMR, I walked three times yesterday, and I am drinking a lot of water.  So, today I am just going to keep on keeping on.

Exercise is really hard for me - I can only manage about 10-15 min of walking at a time. :(  We live right near a park so I've been trying to walk around the park with my dogs 2 or so times a day.  I may only be able to do 10 min. but at least I can do it a bunch of times in a day, so 2 times a day is my minimum.  I really want to start yoga too.  I have a "Heavyweight Yoga" dvd that I am a little scared to try, but I think today is the day.

Hope you all have a great day!   

flowersforyou.gif

#5 of 20 Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM

Attila the Honey - I really, really, really want to encourage you to find a yoga practice that you enjoy and stick with it.  I got into Vinyasa (flow) yoga about 5 years ago, and was lucky enough to have a friend who was an instructor to help open up that world for me.  I still practice only at home, but I can honestly say it changed my life.  thumb.gif

#6 of 20 Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 AM

Hi Everyone! 

I don't have lots to lose anymore, but I have lost lots for a total of about 80 pounds. I have about 10 more left. Attila the Honey, that is awesome! 

I lost some of my weight when I got a job as a landscaper several years ago ( I'm a  SAHM now ) and lost the rest by following the Weston A. Price plan. It's been awesome. I've always struggled when it comes to giving up grains. Whenever I would try and give up bread the sugar/starch cravings would go through the roof!  I want to share some insight that made it possible without any cravings at all. Your body needs healthy fat in order to absorb many vitamins. So, make sure you eat lots of healthy fat like grass-fed butter, avocado, etc. Like a lot. But, the important thing is to make sure you take a B complex vitamin. I do sublingual and I take it when I'm eating a fat-rich meal. Since doing this I have not had a craving for bread or sugar AT ALL. This was why I would always fail. When I eat veggies, they're also covered in butter. My husband even brought in a box of cookies for our young son and they sat in the house for three weeks. I didn't touch them. A true first. I would also recommend a book called Nourishing Traditions, if you haven't heard of it yet. 

My dad has about 250 pounds to lose and he took his first step last week and visited an ND. We're so proud of him. It's been so hard watching him and worrying everyday if we're going to get the dreaded "phone call". So happy he finally realizes that he's worth it. Being there myself, I get how hard it is to change a lifestyle. 

#7 of 20 Old 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Good for you, you have to start somewhere! It was hard for me in the beginning as well. Just keep on keeping on and you will do great! Also I believe you have to have a "free" day in there as well. I had mine yesterday and had chinese buffet! YUM! lol

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#8 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 AM

I'm down 140 from my high weight the day before I gave birth to my youngest (18mo ago) The 50lbs of baby weight took about 7 months to come off and the other 90 I've had to work my @$$ off for.  I've been doing p90x and modifying everything.  

I'm documenting this at http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com  Today I weighed in at 242.8 so I still have a long way to go.  

onlyboys likes this.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#9 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

I had an insanely good dinner tonight - brown rice with shrimp, pineapple, red cabbage, scallions, red pepper, garlic.  The kids loved it, too!  We ate it with steamed broccoli.  I just had to share! eat.gif

I live with my husband, my friend, my daughter and my friend's 3 children.  Everyone has been really supportive about trying to eat healthier.  Well, I should say my husband and friend have been - the kids are complaining a bit!  lol  Snacks have gone from junk food to fresh fruit, veggies and lowfat dips, hardboiled eggs and they don't really appreciate that too much yet. :)

Our grocery bill has gone up insanely high, though.  How do YOU save money while trying to eat healthy?  

I am a little frustrated with the scale but I am not letting that get me down.  I am trying not to weigh so much, but it's hard.

I tried yoga and I really struggled.  The floor stuff just *killed* my lower back, I had to skip it all.   I have a lot of lower back pain, which I attribute to my big belly.  

Choochootwo: Thank you for the book recommendation!  I've flirted with primal/paleo but I have a hard time sticking to plans like that.  I need to feel like I can have everything or mentally I am just not doing well.  I will read that book.  Congrats on the awesome weight loss, and best wishes and lots of luck to your dad.

KatieT: I love the idea of a free day.  It reminds me of the WW plan and the extra points you get every week that you can save up for one big meal!  I am going to give myself a few weeks to learn how to eat healthy, what a portion size is, and then I think I will incorporate a free day now and then.  

Amanda_Reyasmom:  I can't wait to read your blog!  I don't know what P90X is, but I have a feeling I am about to find out. :)  Congrats on the amazing weight loss!

flowersforyou.gif

#10 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
myk

i'm about 80-100 lbs overweight right now. i joined weight watchers, fell off the wagon, and need to jump in again. it's hard to change bad habits!

January 2011
#11 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post

I'm down 140 from my high weight the day before I gave birth to my youngest (18mo ago) The 50lbs of baby weight took about 7 months to come off and the other 90 I've had to work my @$$ off for.  I've been doing p90x and modifying everything.  

I'm documenting this at http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com  Today I weighed in at 242.8 so I still have a long way to go.  

Wow love your blog and the realness of it!! You are doing great!!!

crochetsmilie.gif

#12 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Oh it's real if nothing else lol.. I let my crazy out every now and then! 

Amanda

#13 of 20 Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM

Bump! How's everyone doing? 

Amanda

#14 of 20 Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 PM

I was an avid poster in these threads last year. I only lost about 10 pounds in that time period and I did keep it off. In October I got serious, though, and committed myself to a real change. I have lost 50lbs since then. I was 256 when I started with you guys (thank you!) on the Lots to Lose Threads and I am 196 now. Not skinny by any means but my body is so different now. I can do things I just could not do then and it is amazing. 

I work out while watching the Biggest Loser on Netflix. It totally works. There are people there much bigger, much more sick and they are doing it all. So, I can too. It keeps me going :)

#15 of 20 Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM

Hi all, how's it going?

I've lost about 6 pounds, and some of my favorite belts fit again, albeit a little higher up on my waist than they used to!

My favorite hip-belt now makes a nice empire shape for me!

#16 of 20 Old 06-01-2012, 03:14 PM

I'm 230lbs right now, I have around 50 pounds to lose to be at my 'normal' weight and then I'll go from there wink1.gif  I lost about ten lbs in 3 months witching from soda to water kefir

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#17 of 20 Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM

I weighed myself for the first time in well over a year and I am SHOCKED, scared and so deeply embarrassed. It just hit me today how bad it really has gotten for me. I weigh as much now as I did when I gave birth to my kids. I have a hundred pounds to lose at least. I am so physically uncomfortable with my general size and limitations. My body aches, I walk much slower then I had even realized because of my weight. It's not fair to my kids. I have been like this for a decade and I just figured this out. Can you say, DENIAL!!! Oy! My husband died April 2011 and so it's just me for the kids and I'm literally killing myself with calories. I secretly smoke, too. Terribly humiliating. I won't live like that anymore. No way, Jose. Done. 

I'm on a vegan cleanse to flush out all the crap in my body. Day 1 is going well. I need accountability and I'm way too broke to join WW so I'm going to check in on here frequently. Throwing my dirty laundry out to the interweb will hopefully shame me into following through. I don't own a scale so I won't be weighing often but checking in on how i am feeling and moving. Currently, I weigh 240 and I am 5'3". I am a size 18/20. I was a size 8 when I became pg with my oldest child ten years ago. I am ready for a healthy lifestyle. Here it goes.......

member234098 likes this.

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#18 of 20 Old 07-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Amanda....I dig your blog!! You are an amazing lady!!

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#19 of 20 Old 07-12-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbylotus View Post

Amanda....I dig your blog!! You are an amazing lady!!

Aw thanks! I've been feeling rather stagnant lately.  Time to step it up! 

Amanda

#20 of 20 Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 AM

I stalled out for quite a while, but I seem to be back on track.  216 this morning.  I had lost down to 212, but pms and a weekend of indulging put me up at 232!! Yeah, that's a lot of water retention.  9 days later I'm back down 16lbs.. easy come not so easy going.  I'm stepping up the water, and working out again..I could SEE my feet swelling from all the water weight.  I bought some diuretics to try for my pms week where I without fail gain 10-15lbs.. but I'm paralyzed and afraid to use them for some reason! At the same time.. that is absolutely not a normal gain.  It can't be considering how quickly I can shed it.

Amanda

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page