The eight week healthy weight loss challenge (week four and beyond...) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

151.0 Apparently travel is not the easiest environment for weight loss for me. I even ran once while away. It could also be weighing in 5 hrs later than usual.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post

Thanks Barefootmama, I think I could do this. I haven't had a V-8 in years, but I do like it. Probably had it last with vodka and horseradish in it.

I've been curious about this, why you do it and how that works for cooking for others. How long have you been doing this? Do you consider it very low calorie? Even now sometimes I am awakened at night by hunger and can't get back to sleep... but if I Stick To It and Don't Cheat that phase goes away.

How do you handle meals if you cook for/eat with others?

i do it for weight loss. i think that it is inherently unnatural to eat at night. that our bodies are primed for a night time fast. only a few generations ago, without electricity, do you think people stayed up and ate food in the dark? i think the sun went down, and they went to bed. i think we are naturally geared for an overnight fast. 

and mostly i do it because it WORKS! people don't want to give up their dinner, but if you reallyreally want to lose some pounds, try it!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM

my daughter, who is almost 6 (but petite) begged me to push her and her brother around the big block (1/2 mile) in the double stroller. she pointed out that it will be good exercise for me and they would be willing to go however many trips around that i wanted. she was right! it was better exercise than pulling them in the wagon. i was able to go faster. also i think it worked a different muscle group. i asked them if they wanted to do this everyday, and they said yes, so we will do it every afternoon, two laps (1 mile) with the dogs in tow, in addition to my regular 1/2 to 1 mile circuit with just my son and the dogs (son in the wagon) in the morning. 

hope this is enough to get my weight loss going again.

i think i forgot to note, today i hit 143.6

amen to that. i struggled for the past three weeks to get off of 144.

i have now lost a total of 44 pounds.

6 pounds to go till i hit my goal weight of 137 (down from 187 in november).

it is really true that the last few pounds are HARD to lose.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post

my daughter, who is almost 6 (but petite) begged me to push her and her brother around the big block (1/2 mile) in the double stroller. she pointed out that it will be good exercise for me and they would be willing to go however many trips around that i wanted. she was right! it was better exercise than pulling them in the wagon. i was able to go faster. also i think it worked a different muscle group. i asked them if they wanted to do this everyday, and they said yes, so we will do it every afternoon, two laps (1 mile) with the dogs in tow, in addition to my regular 1/2 to 1 mile circuit with just my son and the dogs (son in the wagon) in the morning. 

hope this is enough to get my weight loss going again.

i think i forgot to note, today i hit 143.6

amen to that. i struggled for the past three weeks to get off of 144.

i have now lost a total of 44 pounds.

6 pounds to go till i hit my goal weight of 137 (down from 187 in november).

it is really true that the last few pounds are HARD to lose.

Tropicana that is truly an amazing weight loss! I DID forego dinner tonight, in fact passed on anything after 4. I am surprisingly at peace with it (an hour before bedtime anyway). I'm hoping I don't get any hunger pains in the middle of the night and took a melatonin as I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping lately.

I'm really amazed I'm not famished as I did four miles on the track today.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM

I thought I posted, but I don't see it. I am just down one pound - 265. Food isn't super, but I rode 25 miles on Sunday, so I am feeling good about that!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Well it was just weighing at a different time. That's good I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I think I'm going to have to try the early supper and nothing thereafter method. Also I'm going to add 2 weight sessions a week and see what that does. I did wk3d2 of C25K today. My knee is quite sore so I gave it a few days off and just walked yesterday but I bought insoles today so I thought I'd try and it did not get more sore during the run so I hope I don't pay for that tonight. My house looks like a bomb hit it and I must clean it. That should work off some more calories hey?

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM

I hoped on the scale after my work out this morning and was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to see that I was 197 this AM! I started at 246 on October 1st. Just one more pound to the 50lb mark in less than 7 months. 

Old 04-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Go claybear go!!!

christinelin - Sorry if I missed you!  You are current and accounted for now!!

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

dida17, I found tracking points even when I went over on a given day helped with weight loss tremendously.  The next day is always new.  I need to get back to it myself.  I have been trying to go the unprocessed food direction "green triangle" foods and I get a little over the top.

tropicana, I have found that if I don't get enough sleep, I don't lose at much weight.  I wonder if there is something to that.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Finally have internet connection tonight! Yay! Adelinesmama my heart is aching for you. You're in my prayers.

I spent a few days out in the wilderness after two weeks of hospitals and family drama. My FIL had his 4th surgery today. He has late stage cancer and fell almost three weeks ago and shattered both arms and a hip. Doctors are having a hard time getting his breathing regular and my MIL is having a really hard time. I found out today that my new part time job I've been working at for a month and a half now waiting for my pay is not going to pay me the $2000 they owe me. Never saw that coming, as the job is through the state of California. I've been really depressed all day. Trivial compared to what some people are going through but still really depressing.

As for my diet and weight, I have no idea. I took a break from my diet for the last few days and was unable to way myself on monday.That will have to be my Pass day. I've been too depressed to eat all day. I plan on starting my diet up again tomorrow.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 AM

trekkingirl, that is awful that you won't be paid.  Hope you can get onto better eating today.

I am just hoping that my weigh from today will be as good on Monday.  I think the unprocessed food direction I have been eating in and the extra walking has done me good.  Here is looking to Monday's weigh in.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Well, I am learning that stress really makes me hold onto/gain weight.  I did horrible on the first challenge, and then my weight started falling off when my husband returned from deployment (had been gone for just over 15 months, and left 3 days prior to the birth of my second child), and even though I still carry the primary weight of the family responsibilities, knowing you have backup really takes a load off stress-wise.  I have had a really stressful week this week as I am trying to complete a huge job application process for what would be my dream job, and it is requiring me to round up excessive and very old paperwork (stuff from over 6 years ago, and people in other states etc) and it is time sensitive, so I am stressing about getting it all together in the alotted time frame.  I am seeing that stress reflected in the scale, so I am trying to relax, get as much done today as possible and then come to terms with the fact that I simply will have to give other people the time they need and getting stressed about it won't affect the out come.  I am so type-A, and stress is a way of life for me so this will certainly be a challenge.  But I have heard that stress hormones can do this, so I don;t think the pattern I am observing is far-fetched.

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 PM

fingers crossed that this could be the day i break through my plateau. ?? i have been hungry all day, and the scale tonight is lower than it usually has been at night, lower by at least a pound or more. please please??

Old 04-21-2012, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm back to pre AF weight so it was water weight from AF.  Still not skating because I caught my ds's cold. Most likely won't be back at the rink til Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday I'll do my usual walk.  I'm not eating much so I don't know how that will effect tomorrow's weigh in.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 PM

I came SO SO SO close to caving in and doing some really bad eating today but I stayed strong in the face of numerous temptations and I am really happy with myself for making it through it. Hoping this means I will see success on the scale on Monday. 

Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 AM

Oh Tropicana, where are you?

I've lost 2 pounds since Wednesday by not eating in the evening. The only other thing I've done that's different is snacking on almonds instead of apples.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Seriously?  I'm gonna have to try it BB.

What time was your cut off?  I don't get hom from work til 5:30, so mine would have to be at least 6-6:30.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

Seriously?  I'm gonna have to try it BB.

What time was your cut off?  I don't get hom from work til 5:30, so mine would have to be at least 6-6:30.

I have cut off eating as early as 4 and one day was as late as 5:30. I can do it because I'm home, it just sucks to make dinner for dd and dh when I won't eat it with them.

Tropicana has more info on how she's done it. I'm curious about her calorie total for the day.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 AM

Well it is weigh in Monday and I am still at 237.2 pounds.  When I weighed myself a couple days ago I was below that but I guess I will need to work harder to keep it for a Monday.

Go Red Team!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I'm not sure if I said it earlier: Barefootmama: krisnicjohn has had to withdraw for personal reasons... 

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 04-23-2012, 07:12 AM

THanks Milk!

I weighed in at 191.2 today.  Very small loss (0.4) but I will take it - this has been a very tough week, so I was actually concerned about gaining this week.  I am ready to amp it up a little for this next week.  My goal is to break into the 180s for our next weigh in.  I know I have room to amp up my work outs reasonably, and I can be a little more dilagent with portion control. I am not willing do do anything extreme - I am SO sick of watching my weight yo-yo, so my goal is to not "diet" but make permanent changes and anything super extreme is most likely not something I can stick to for life.  I really want to be done with this weight for good, so even if it is slower than I want, I have to keep it realistic.

I am feeling pretty good about making it through a very stressful event without bingeing.  That is a huge sucess for me.  So over all, some success and some room for improvement this week.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM

Go Red!

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

186 for me 

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM

Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 AM

Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 AM

I weighed in under 180 this morning!!!  I can't remember the last time I was under 180.  I went for a long walk yesterday and then worked out last night after my kids went to sleep.  I found that if I eat dinner at 5 with my kids and then allow myself something small around 7 (if I'm still hungry only.)  That has helped, I also have stopped tracking my calories, but eat smaller meals and watch what I eat instead. 

Old 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
147.8, due entirely to being sick with the flu and feeling like death all weekend.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 AM

Weighing in at 147 today, which is ok with me. Ive only done one day of my c25k this week, but I've walked a ton because I'm not driving right now. Id like to do more exercise this week. I'm feeling pretty crampy and bloaty, so it seems that af is on her way- for only. The second time since I got pregnant with dd- almost three years ago. I've been trying to cut back on sweets and beer, which I'm pretty sure is the only reason I havent gained this week.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Tags
Weight Management , Fitness
User Tag List