Need suggestions. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok - so about 4ish months ago I found out that the really sluggish feeling I was getting was from low blood sugar.

So, I googled (it's what I do lol.gif) and I got on a good meal plan. More protein, hardly any and then only complex carbs, and just really listening to my body and what it wanted. 

ALL of this was just to feel better, I had in no way a *weight loss* goal. I have been struggling with very low energy levels for a long time and this has helped out a LOT.

So, long story short, I dropped like 20 pounds. No effort. Now I am at about the lowest I can go BMI weight wise.

I eat EVERY time I am hungry. I actually MAKE myself eat alot before I even get hungry. I am not sure what to do. I seriously cannot count calories to save my life. Do I really really try to count my calories for a couple days to make sure I am getting ENOUGH? 

It just seems weird that I would have to count calories to make sure I am getting ENOUGH to eat. I am in no way EVER hungry and I feel better than I have in a long time. Should I just relax and stop worrying about it? Wouldn't my body be HUNGRY if I was not eating enough?

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 AM

You're probably not getting any responses because being UNDERweight isn't a concern for most of us...

I think you're ok as long as you really are eating often. I see you have a baby - are you nursing still? Because if you are, then I'd suggest eating extra. Even if you don't really feel like it.
#3 of 4 Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM

Also, losing weight feels good. I know a few years ago I started losing weight and it felt so good I wanted to keep it going so my mind kind of turned off the hungry switch. I honestly thought I wasn't hungry -ever.
#4 of 4 Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it - but I couldn't find anywhere else lol.gif

I do eat quite a bit - everytime I am hungry OR  at least six small meals a day.  I am not nursing - the little bugger started refusing my breast after I went back to work part time and I didn't have very much luck pumping greensad.gif At least I was able to EBF for 9 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyato View Post

Also, losing weight feels good. I know a few years ago I started losing weight and it felt so good I wanted to keep it going so my mind kind of turned off the hungry switch. I honestly thought I wasn't hungry -ever.

See - this is NOT me. I am hungry quite a bit and I do eat all the time. I think I must have just stumbled across the perfect diet for me. Very small meals with complex carbs, protein, and good fats. 

Anyways - thanks again for responding! I am sure I am fine - I have been at pretty much the exact same weight for the last month or so. So I might end up slightly below my "ideal" BMI, but I think that for me it is ok..

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Tags
Weight Management

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page