The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - version 3.0 (starting 21/05/21) - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 396 Old 07-18-2012, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I know, I wasn't a very good thread keeper this time round, and obviously didn't update newbies with the rules decided previously.  Sorry about that.  

Maybe this should be more clear in the next thread BFM & DM?

For what it is worth, a quick calculation shows that including Bridesmother's info would not have changed the result, ie: Red team victory.  

As far as Mon/Tues weigh ins, I know that if I have weighed in late, I always post Monday's weight (not Tues/etc)... As long as others are doing the same, I think it's fine?! 

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#392 of 396 Old 07-18-2012, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bridesmother, milk and whomever else is interested, Milk DID post the rule about missing 2 weighins - see post #36.  It is large, in color and bolded.  So yes we need to make sure it is posted on the next thread, but it was clearly posted on this thread.  Just an FYI . . .

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#393 of 396 Old 07-18-2012, 05:19 AM

I did modify the first post in the new thread to reflect the 2 weigh in rule. thumb.gif

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#394 of 396 Old 07-18-2012, 05:20 AM

Is there anything else we want to make sure is in the Requirements/Rules section?

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#395 of 396 Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 AM

That is a great idea to have it in the initial post - that way it doesn't get "lost" among the posts! 

The only other thing I can think of is what thecoffeebean brought up.  Quite frankly, I have been assuming that late posts were posting their monday weight even if they did not post it on monday.  The *request* is to weigh in early if you know you can't weigh in monday (and we have had a number of people post sunday weigh-ins for this reason).  But in my honest opinion, the weekly weigh ins are for accountability and the constest is decided on the last weigh in, so as long as that is a legitiment monday weigh in, the occasional tuesday weight during the challenge has no real affect.  But I would hate for this to be a point of contention.  So I am not sure if this is an issue that needs to be addressed or not.

I love the competitive side of this thread AND the supportive side of this thread, and I think having few but clear rules helps it so we can be both very supportive and very competitive at the same time. 

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#396 of 396 Old 07-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootMama99 View Post

Way to put us all to shame SimonMom!!!!!!  Awesome!!!

Aww thanks! I'd really like to do the next challenge, but also talk more! I've been lifting weights for the past 3 months, and I really love doing it. I'm definitely in a routine now, which I need to keep motivated and see results. I do weightlifting 3x a week, and I've recently added in hill sprints on 1 or 2 of my off days. 

mom to jumpers.gif crazy boys

Tags
Weight Management , Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page