chocolate - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-01-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

*i posted this in Nutrition and Good Eating, but now I'm thinking this might be a better place for it....so I'll post it here too. sorry for the double post*

i am no longer in denial - i am literally addicted to chocolate. it's bad. i *KNOW* how to eat well, and I do. I really, truly do. I have a wonderful diet that is flavourful, rich in nutrients, full of a variety of whole foods. I don't eat refined sugars or flours. (really, i don't). I don't even eat dairy! I'm mosty vegetarian! I love vegetables! but it's this CHOCOLATE! It's bad enough that i eat some every single day. I eat it to the point of feeling ill sometimes too. it's like i have no control over how much chocolate i eat. other foods i have no problem stopping when i'm full. there are lots of desserts/sweets that i have no problem saying "no thanks" too. but chocolate....never. and i'm not even picky about it. i'll eat low quality chocolate if that's what around.

so:

1. can someone explain this to me? why am i so addicted to it?
  2. how can i quit? should i go cold turkey? for how long? what are some methods you've used to combat cravings for chocolate?
  3. would anyone like to join me on a chocolate fast? maybe we could start a support thread to stay accountable to each other?

i'm at the end of my rope with this. i truly feel like it's the only "thing" standing between me and the last 5-10lb of baby weight i'm carrying around for no good reason. plus, i really don't feel good about the fact that it's noon and i've already eaten more chocolate than should be consumed by one person in a week. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

How are things going?  What type of chocolate are you eating?  I usually have the problem with not being able to stop if I'm eating something that's milk chocolate, instead of dark chocolate.  I know that chocolate is high in magnesium, so maybe you're low in that?

#3 of 6 Old 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

How are things going?  What type of chocolate are you eating?  I usually have the problem with not being able to stop if I'm eating something that's milk chocolate, instead of dark chocolate.  I know that chocolate is high in magnesium, so maybe you're low in that?

things are going much better, thanks! i had some great replies over in healthy eating forum too. someone else suggested i try upping the magnesium and this has helped A LOT. I also just don't have chocolate in the house right now at all. if i really want some (dark) chocolate then i buy a small bar at the store that i can eat and be done with it. 

#4 of 6 Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyato View Post

things are going much better, thanks! i had some great replies over in healthy eating forum too. someone else suggested i try upping the magnesium and this has helped A LOT. I also just don't have chocolate in the house right now at all. if i really want some (dark) chocolate then i buy a small bar at the store that i can eat and be done with it. 

Sounds like you're doing the right thing.  Something you might want to try is a fruit + some nuts when you feel the craving.  Or - maybe this is a bit crazy but it helped me - a cup of chickpeas.

#5 of 6 Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 AM

Chocolate is a good thing to eat because it has so many benefits. Chocolate is good for fat burning. I love to eat chocolate. It fights with so many diseases so everyone should eat chocolate daily.

boot camp bondi

#6 of 6 Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 AM

Chocolates are healthy. But losing weight too fast is medically dangerous, so be patient and focus on building good habits. When processed properly, dark chocolate has more antioxidants than any food known on the planet. Commercial processing destroys most of the fragile antioxidants.

buy laptops nz

Tags
Weight Management

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page