Mothering Forum banner

Postpartum Weight Loss- What worked for you?

813 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  phathui5 
#1 ·
Our youngest is nine days old now and I'm starting to think about ways to lose some of this weight. I'm not going to do much in the next couple of weeks, but by 5-6 weeks, I'd like to be developing some sort of plan.

I was already 20 pounds over where I wanted to be when I got pregnant with him and then I gained 43 pounds while pregnant, which resulted in me being 193 pounds at my last prenatal. I was 175 today, so I've got 45 pounds to go to get down to "goal."

#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

Our youngest is nine days old now and I'm starting to think about ways to lose some of this weight. I'm not going to do much in the next couple of weeks, but by 5-6 weeks, I'd like to be developing some sort of plan.

I was already 20 pounds over where I wanted to be when I got pregnant with him and then I gained 43 pounds while pregnant, which resulted in me being 193 pounds at my last prenatal. I was 175 today, so I've got 45 pounds to go to get down to "goal."
are you just nursing one baby this time?

#4 ·
i feel you mama. i was about 10 pounds over my ideal weight when i got pregnant (143), and ended up gaining about 50-55 pounds. lost a good amount in the first month (i was practically made of water i was so swollen) and plateaued around 33 pounds heavier than my goal weight at 168 for awhile. my babe just turned 5 months old and i started realizing that if i wanted to see the weight come off a little more efficiently, i would need to move my butt more and eat less high calorie/low nutrient foods. I started couch to 5k last week and am doing more pilates. granted i have one child, so i imagine that finding time and space to exercise could be *a bit* harder for you. :) honestly i don't think that is what is helping though, in terms of actual weight loss. when i stopped eating constantly, lessened portion size and cut out most carbs i really started to see a difference. I still eat a lot of calories, they're just mostly made of stuff that's better for me so i feel more full. seems simple, but it can be hard to commit to. i feel great now though, just hit the 150s for the first time - so about 23 pounds away from goal and am feeling more like myself.

what's your experience with weight loss with your other children? did you see a rapid loss at a certain month? stagnant elsewhere?

hope my story helps, and good luck!

#5 ·
I lost the weight quickly after my first three children and had a much harder time losing it after I had #4. I joined the YMCA about two years ago and managed to get down to 130 by exercising 4-5 days a week and being careful about what I ate. Then I took a job working nights and gained twenty pounds, then got pregnant with the new baby right after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.