need motivation to start working out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-17-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have never been this heavy in my life - I am around 147-148 right now- and it is starting to depress me. Meanwhile I have done nothing to change it. I got the 30 day shred dvd and have not tried it once.  In my defence (to myself?) I had an injury I was working on healing up which is starting to feel better- so n some level I am timid to jump into it. I take walks every day but don't really get ANY cardio. Is the 30 day shred ok to just jump into and start or should I sart with something milder? I can't really get to a gym and there aren't any proper gyms with varying workouts available to me. I Am feeling ashamed of my body which sucks but sort of stuck in a rut of not sure how to motivate to change it. IT seems like a huge endeavor.

Any tips for getting started?

#2 of 4 Old 06-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wanting to transform your body requires dedication and consistency. One of the reasons people give up before they reach their goal is because they dont see immediate results. I havent heard of the 30 day shred dvd but if you can focus on cardio activity 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes you should see solid results. Nutrition is going to play a big part in losing weight/toning up.

If you need more help or advice feel free to visit my website - thenuwavefitness.com or add me on AIM (aol instant messenger) so we can chat instantly. Username -nuwavefitness

Lloyd 
thenuwavefitness.com

#3 of 4 Old 06-24-2012, 12:48 PM

I've found livestrong.com to have some useful tools that aren't too involved and easy enough to feel motivated to make better choices.

I'll use their free tools  - myplate to keep track of what I eat and put in whatever active stuff I can manage.  Personally, I like seeing the graph move around, and just getting reminded at how many fewer calories a cup of grapes is vs. 5-6 oreo cookies (or something shy.gif) is a helpful reminder.  Helps me notice and balance out my habits a bit, even if I don't use it all day long and only get in a few days a week.

Haven't used the shred dvd, but I actually think SIL has a good friend who's done those and had awesome results, so shrug.gif.

#4 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM

The 30 Day Shred DVD is GREAT.  It doesn't take long to do, so it's easy to stick with it.  I noticed a difference in the first week.  I think Jillian Michaels is a bit of a bully in her workouts, but they are very effective, so I get over it!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page