The 8 week healthy weight loss challenge 4.0 (started 7/30, enrolling through 8/4) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy Birthday incorrigible!

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#182 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM

Happy Birthday Incorrigible!!  

Mommy to Nora 2/19/08 and Valerie 10/19/09

#183 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM

ate at a delicious restaurant and way too much ice cream this week.

#184 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! =D Dh and the kids are being awesome. They're taking me to a local restaurant I LOVE for dinner, and planning on birthday dessert there. That way, there won't be cake in the fridge tempting me all week. At most we'll have some left overs that are eaten tomorrow. Then I can get back on track. =D 

I am totally splurging though, and asked dh to buy a bottle of my favorite wine for us to share after the kids go to bed. I like NEVER drink, so this is a big splurge for me. lol

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#185 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Here are our weights for the week.  We are missing quite a few. I will re-post the chart when most of the weights are in!

Name

Start

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Total Loss

% Loss

Amandamarie

BarefootMama99

BridesMother

BuzzerBeater

Cynthia Mosher

dbsam

Dantesmama

Diana_of_the_dunes

Dmitrizmom

dsharp

*green*faery*

JollyGG

incorrigible

IsaFrench

LexiDrewMama

lilacvioletiris

MarieP

Milk8shake

nobodymove

PixieLittle

Ruthiegirl

SimonMom

Sillygrl

tropicana

thecoffeebean

tillymonster

Triscuitsmom

Tnh2007

Valid28

Married to the love of my life partners.gif (career navy), and Mama to 2 amazing little ladies - K~ (03/2009)blahblah.gif and M~ (01/2011)biggrinbounce.gif always to wish I had gotten to know our little ones lost angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif   Reconfiguring my career track and working hard to keep my sanity through it all . . .

homebirth.jpgbfinfant.gifsaynovax.gifcd.gif  homeschool.gif 

#186 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Well, I am at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN with its atriums under glass which provide great walking opportunities.  I went out to my car to get some bottles of H20 tonight because I just hadn't drunk enough H20 all day at the convention I am attending.  Got almost back to my room when I remembered I hadn't locked the door of my car.  Doh.  Took the water to my room (10 bottles for the next 2 days) and walked back to my car.  Gave me an hour of exercise because the car to room distance walking is 15 minutes each.  Plus all the walking around the convention hall.

Food is a bit weird, all vegetarian convention, but different combinations and flavorings than I am used to.

Late night supper last night led to today's slight up - 245.8 pounds.  Go Red Team!  Yep I brought my scale on "working vacation".

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#187 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Hello Everyone and great job!  I'm still sitting at 152...  Family has been here all weekend and they have had a lot of yummy food in the house...  It was a wonderful weekend and tomorrow everyone heads home, so things will be a little more "normal".  Had a nice 5.5 mile run this morning on the trails by the river. My plan for working out is Monday - 5.5; Tuesday - 3; Friday - 3; Saturday - 8 mile.

#188 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
226.8... blegh! Not that impressed with myself because I really ate like crap all week. Last night I did menu plan dinners for the whole entire month and tomorrow we are going grocery shopping. My goal for this week is to not have a single soda (what a terrible weakness right!) And to walk every evening.

Mama to my angel baby Drew (9/22/06), Alexia (10/26/11) , and hoping for a in 3/2015!!

#189 of 437 Old 08-06-2012, 08:26 PM

203 this morning and not real excited about that. Sleep has been hard the last few days because of kiddos getting sick. New week, new start!
#190 of 437 Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 AM

267, did really good for a couple days then I kind of blew it.

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#191 of 437 Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygrl View Post

203 this morning and not real excited about that. Sleep has been hard the last few days because of kiddos getting sick. New week, new start!

I think 203 is great. It's better then 219. I still cannot believe I am that big! I was 170-80 (and that wasn't good) pre-pregnancy. Not fair! Ok vent over. Sleeping is bad over here too-- is it the 101 temps we reached yesterday? Me thinks so.... Keep on truckin' mama!

Quote:

Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! =D Dh and the kids are being awesome. They're taking me to a local restaurant I LOVE for dinner, and planning on birthday dessert there. That way, there won't be cake in the fridge tempting me all week. At most we'll have some left overs that are eaten tomorrow. Then I can get back on track. =D 

I am totally splurging though, and asked dh to buy a bottle of my favorite wine for us to share after the kids go to bed. I like NEVER drink, so this is a big splurge for me. lol

Happy belated bday! I loooove the names you gave your kiddos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiDrewMama View Post

226.8... blegh! Not that impressed with myself because I really ate like crap all week. Last night I did menu plan dinners for the whole entire month and tomorrow we are going grocery shopping. My goal for this week is to not have a single soda (what a terrible weakness right!) And to walk every evening.

Oh yes, blame weight watchers for my diet soda addiction. I'd drink it instead of eating, sometimes. It was ZERO points after all. *SIGH* So now, I just do sparkling water-- have you tried it? I'm going to get some POM and use a bit of that in it-- hopefully the BOLD pomegranate flavor will spice things up. ;)

DD is 2.7 or so... and driving me... totally. completely. irrevocably. INSANE. She won't pee in the potty... she likes the couch. O_o She screams bloody murder when she sees the tooth brush, hair brush, clothing. You know, all the daily things us humans DO in the morning. Ooooh! I just put on the TV and got on here... When is this "phase" over? I'm sick of it.

Eating/working out good still, AF is due this week, so my weight will probably come up a bit. Waaaa!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#192 of 437 Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM

That is so rough. When Crash was 3, his dr accidentally wrote down the wrong prescription for his asthma. I don't remember what it was. It did help asthma, and wasn't deadly for him or anything...but the med he gave him isn't often used for good reason. It caused crazy behavior issues. One of those issues was that he suddenly felt that the front of the (closed, thankfully) fridge was his personal urinal and it was of prime importance that he pee nowhere else. Easier to clean up than the couch, for sure, but it was mind boggling and overwhelming to deal with. The peak was a day where my sweet, well behaved little mama's boy colored all over the walls in 2 rooms, exploded a bottle of baby powder all over his room, peed on the fridge 3 times, colored the bathroom with poop, and broke the faucet of the bathtub. I think my problem had an easier fix than yours (once off those meds, he suddenly went back to normal), but I wanted you to know that you are not alone. I hope you figure out how to help your dd sooner rather than later, but this too shall pass. ;) Crash is now an incredibly kind, well mannered, responsible young man. Not only does he never pee on the fridge....but he scrubs the thing out for me once a week! =D 

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#193 of 437 Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM

I've done very badly - 279.8

#194 of 437 Old 08-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Just got back from our camping trip.  Still 183.

So tired...crashing into bed and then back in the game tomorrow......

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#195 of 437 Old 08-09-2012, 05:55 PM

Well, I have been exercising while I was on away from home: Monday: 1 hour of walking out in the hot weather as I was trying to get things from my car into my hotel room, Tuesday: 30 minutes of swimming laps, Wednesday: 30 minutes of putting things back in my car before leaving Nashville, Thursday: 30 minutes of circuit training.  Need to keep up my exercise so next weeks weigh in will be a good one!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#196 of 437 Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Ugh, I fell off the wagon today.  Had junky frozen pizza for lunch because our niece and nephew were over to help DH clean out the garage, then just had a "snack" of chips (why are those in the house anyways?!) and a Dr. Pepper.  bag.gif  Hopefully all the time on my feet today burns that off.  I need to find some fruit so I can at least say I ate *something* healthy today...

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#197 of 437 Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yesterday, I went to my hockey classes, but skipped the clinic. So an hour and a 1/2 of hockey. Shaky and a bit slower during skating sprints and relays. Happy to be back. :)  I walked a little today, but really too hot to do much. Supposed to cool off some on Monday.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#198 of 437 Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM

I know all about falling off the wagon ladies. And today, I'm super super surpized I didn't. Because that pizza buffet at Roundtable was freaking *calling* my name. And the AC. We are having a freaking heat wave right now and it's making me crazy but the good part is-- not very hungry because I'm so uncomfortable in my semi-air conditioned apartment. But alas, I made some homemade mayo (ladies, you must try this! an immersion blender does it up in like seconds!) and canned salmon. I had watermellon instead of candy too! Such a good girl!

But I decided that I will have me some wine. That is my only indulgence right now. Do you realize how hard it is to stop eating cheese? I thought the sugar was hard... Le sigh! I'm like some others here and the weekends are my downfall... 

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#199 of 437 Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillymonster View Post
Do you realize how hard it is to stop eating cheese?

Uh, yeah!!!  When I went from vegetarian to vegan, I thought I might die from lack of cheese.  I've adapted to vegan cheese alternatives now, and I only have them rarely.  I reckon I dropped several kilos purely on the basis of not eating cheese though.  

I've been doing okay.  Not as much exercise as I would have liked so far this week, due to some work stress, but hoping to catch it up over the weekend.  Scales are heading in the right direction though, so that's good.   Weekends are tough though... I so badly want to splurge on some bad food and some margaritas or something!

I'm going to add to the list of challengers with health problems, I think (unfortunately).  I've been having a LOT of problems with energy levels, so I had some blood tests recently.  My vitamin D and B were both borderline low, but there were some pretty big red flags with my kidney function.  This is a real concern, being that I only have one.  I have to have a renal tract ultrasound on Monday to try and suss out what the issue is.  Yikes!  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#200 of 437 Old 08-11-2012, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

I'm going to add to the list of challengers with health problems, I think (unfortunately).  I've been having a LOT of problems with energy levels, so I had some blood tests recently.  My vitamin D and B were both borderline low, but there were some pretty big red flags with my kidney function.  This is a real concern, being that I only have one.  I have to have a renal tract ultrasound on Monday to try and suss out what the issue is.  Yikes!  

Oh Milk, thinking of you.  Hope you find some answers.  

I am still here, bumping along a bit with too little sleep and too much going on.  Dh just got a job offer and we need to have our house on the market in a couple of months.  So in between a camping trip, a bathroom remodel, and a teething baby, I am doing what I can to stay focused on weight loss.  I took a body pump class yesterday that was amazing!  The teacher is 68 years old, a strict vegan and dynamo of muscle and lean strength.  And of course, she kicked my fat butt on every exercise we did.  Ha!  Now I know what I want to be when I grow up.  

I am struggling with diet though -- I just can't keep focused when I am this tired and life is pulling me in so many directions.  I tend to forget meals and then snack too much.  I am going to go fix today's lunch now and put a plan in place for dinner, just so I know what to eat.  Hopefully, this will keep me from snacking on so much fruit.  And water!   I must drink more water!  This baby is a super nurser and is draining me dry.

Anyway, no loss or gain to report.  Maybe I can squeak out a 1 pound loss for Monday's weigh in.  I'd like to see the scale moving down, down, down...

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#201 of 437 Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Carp, carp, carp!  I have not been good this weekend. I've been at a seminar since Wednesday night and oh, the poor dietary choices and decisions....  I apologize in advance to my team members. greensad.gif

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#202 of 437 Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 PM

i am full press ahead, having now had a normal heavy menstrual period (so much for being in menopause and i've fired that doctor). now i will see if my body requires me to be 150 in order to bleed (whilest i am also nursing) or if i can drop to the low 140's again and still bleed, now that i'm going to go in that direction for a second time.

i'm in a "maintenance contest" for the summer, we weighed in around memorial day and will weigh out again on august 25. i weighed 141 when we weighed in, and then put on some pounds during the whole "menopause" scare, which is now disproven (and the gyno laughed at the doctor's diagnosis, too). anyway, it was obviously easier and more fun to eat with reckless abandon, and i'm now "enjoying" my stomach growling in the evenings, but that's one way i know to get the pounds to drop, don't eat after 5 pm. 

i weighed at 148.8 this morning (sunday), had a good lunch although it was in a restaurant, and those always have sodium and hidden calories. but have done well since then...

#203 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 AM

Monday morning weighin is 244.0 pounds.  Not quite as good as yesterday but definitely a loss.  Writing down what I eat helps, even when it isn't the best choices!  Onto more exercise.

#204 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 AM

#205 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post

i am full press ahead, having now had a normal heavy menstrual period (so much for being in menopause and i've fired that doctor). now i will see if my body requires me to be 150 in order to bleed (whilest i am also nursing) or if i can drop to the low 140's again and still bleed, now that i'm going to go in that direction for a second time.

Glad that you got that issue sorted out.  I would have fired the doc too.

My kidney is A-ok according to the scan, so that is great news.  However, I forgot to weigh this morning, and when I weighed tonight, the scales say I'm three kilos heavier... I think they need a new battery, so I will grab one and check back in after I have re-weighed to confirm.  Pretty sure I've been too good to cop a three kilo gain!  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#206 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 05:12 AM

Weigh in weight today at 163.6.

Shanese mom of 2ds
#207 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 AM

Monday morning weigh in 134.0 lbs.

Mommy to Nora 2/19/08 and Valerie 10/19/09

#208 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
292.4 AF finally showed up, so hopefully the scale will finally start moving again.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#209 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 AM

#210 of 437 Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 AM

Well, after 4 hours of exercise, no snacks at VBS, and being good in my choice of eating I'm only at 138.2! Bummer.eyesroll.gif I didn't check my weight all week until Friday morning and then I was 137.6 but somehow I managed to go back up. Sorry red team. 

Monday morning weigh in 138.2 

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page