TTC and weight loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I am at a very conflicted place in life right now. DH and I are trying to conceive #2 (this is cycle #5). I have about 30 pounds to lose to get back to my 'normal weight', and I'm not sure where to start that won't jeopardize our efforts at TTC.

My weight gain is all from the last 7 months. I went through some pretty intense family issues, and started on medication that made me want to eat more,and I stopped going to the gym, so it's no surprise I gained all this weight - though I am still shocked by how much I have gained.

I don't want to go into this pregnancy already overweight, but I also don't want to jeopordize our TTC efforts. Overall, I'd be ok getting pregnant this month (if it happened), but I want to get myself started on a plan in the meantime so that I can at least be fit and healthy if/when I do get pregnant.

Any suggestions, recommendations? Anybody in the same boat?

Just me and DS.
#2 of 2 Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there. I am not quite in the same boat, but I am trying to lose weight for the first time in my life at age 35 and kinda TTC with secondary infertility. Anywho, I have read and been told by doctor's that losing 5-10% of excess (above "normal" BMI) improves your chance of BFP. I can't recall exactly what the ideal body fat percentage for fertility is, but it is something in the middle of the "normal" BMI. As long as your weight loss does not take you under the "normal" BMI range for your height, you are only improving your TTC chances by increasing your fitness and attaining a healthy weight.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 

Tags
Weight Management , Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page