8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 5.0 (enrolling thru 10/10, starts 10/8) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 337 Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I currently have the following members as participating: 

1. Lafemmedesfemmes
  2. JoyFilled
  3. maciasci
  4. MamaLeslie
  5. lilacvioletiris
  6. Smilesarefree
  7. briannas auntie
  8. bilbi
  9. Contented73
  10. katmtb
  11. marymom
  12. Valid28
  13. diana_of_the_dunes
  14. tropicana
  15. BarefootMama99
  16. C is for Cookie
  17. marieP
  18. Amandamarie
  19. nobodymove
  20. IsaFrench
  21. incorrigible
  22. dmitrizmom
  23. tealsmith83
  24. crazy cat lady
  25. graciennsmommie
  26. AmandaT
  27. anyalily

I will continue to add to this list until 10/10.  First weigh in is 10/8 (if you join late, list your starting weight in your joining post). 

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 337 Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Looks like a good group!  Hopefully a few more will join in.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#33 of 337 Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM

I would like to try this...do we put our first weight in on October 8?

tealsmith83

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#34 of 337 Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM

never mind...i just saw the post above.   I'm willing to give it a try!eat.gif

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#35 of 337 Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM

never mind...i just saw the post above.   I'm willing to give it a try!eat.gif

#36 of 337 Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome aboard!

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

#37 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 AM

would i need to put mine on on a different day as i am in a completely different time zone to the rest of you

Big Tree Hugger/ Nature Lovertreehugger.gif Hippiehippie.gifClumsy/accident prone oops.gif  Frequent Brain freeze confused.gif  Newlywedpartners.gif Pagan bellycast.gif Mummy to 2 kittiescat.giflost one recently. Artistmodifiedartist.gifPhotographerphotosmile2.gifTrekkie/Sci fi/fantasytrekkie.gif

#38 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Nope. Just post on your Monday. winky.gif  We've done the ones before with people from all round the globe...

#39 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM

Hopefully, I can get back into an exercise routine!  That's my biggest downfall...lethargy and apathy when it comes to exercise. 

#40 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Oh! I post the first weight this Monday? duh.gif haha. I PM'd you my weight last week. Disregard that then. wild.gif

Obviously, this is my first challenge too. hammer.gif

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#41 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Do you all mind if I just use my ending weight from the last challenge as my starting weight? After that, I'll be right on track with weighing in, though.

We are in the middle of moving and my dh forgot to bring me my scale in today's load of stuff...he's bringing loads out to us (about 7hrs away) on his days off until he finishes up this job at the end of the month. He's not bringing another load until the 13th. We're in a super rural area and I don't really know anyone well enough that it wouldn't be crazy weird if I asked to use their scale. lol

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#42 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM

count me in.
#43 of 337 Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Okay I'm in!

Time to finally get started on loosing that baby weight! YK, now that's she's been out almost as long as she was in lol! 

This actually works out really well as I'm going a gym for my birthday on the 16th orngbiggrin.gif

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#44 of 337 Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I would love to join. I think this could really help me. I have had success on WW online and MyFitnessPal, but I fall off the wagon after a handful of pounds. It will help to have some folks to be accountable to.

I lost my pregnancy weight after having my daughter (now 4) but this summer I have gained about 25 pounds. I was always 30 pounds overweight to begin with. I have had some stress with trying to get pregnant (hasn't happened yet) and some other work and home stuff... I am ready to reclaim my health and vitality! I would love to hear what you all are doing.

Exercise is going to be Zumba, Pilate, elliptical and walking/hiking. Whatever I feel like in the moment, as long as its something. And if all else fails there is a good water aerobics class 5 days a week at my gym.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#45 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

For those on the other side of the international date line, it is already Monday, October 8!  The challenge is on.  biglaugh.gif  Looking forward to seeing everyone weigh in over the next 48 hours (or so). 

#46 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

Do you all mind if I just use my ending weight from the last challenge as my starting weight? After that, I'll be right on track with weighing in, though.

We are in the middle of moving and my dh forgot to bring me my scale in today's load of stuff...he's bringing loads out to us (about 7hrs away) on his days off until he finishes up this job at the end of the month. He's not bringing another load until the 13th. We're in a super rural area and I don't really know anyone well enough that it wouldn't be crazy weird if I asked to use their scale. lol

I'm ok with this if no one has objections.

#47 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the challenge everyone!

Introductions? Was thinking that it might be nice for us all to do them...

I'm Jennifer, aka dmitrizmom.  I have 3 kids: Ds (11 yo), dd1 (9yo), and dd2 (3yo).  I've been married to dh for 13 years, together for the last 15.5. I teach at the local community college and will be joining the local wellness clinic as their staff chiropractor this month.  My highest weight was 275ish.  I lost weight while pg with dd2.  My starting weight in January was 235. I've been doing WW and working out at the local Y.  My WW goal weight is 164 (almost there!), my personal final goal weight is 145-148.  Outside of weight goals, I am training for my first 1/2 marathon (sometimes in the spring), a sprint distance triathlon and maybe an olympic distance tri for the summer.  I would like to be able to bench press my body weight by my next birthday (August) and be able to do 5 chin ups by Christmas (can currently do 2).  Looking forward to getting to know y'all.  I'll be keeping the chart this time round and trying to post it each Wednesday, my time.  I will try to keep percentages lost calculated for individuals current and will post team progress at the midpoint and close of the competition.  If you find that I've made an error, please let me know.

My workout plans for the first 1/2 of this challenge:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: bootcamp (1 hour)

Tuesday, Thursday: kettlebell (50 minutes) OR TRX (1 hour)

Saturday or Sunday; 1 hour cardio, mixed bag (running/spin/swim)

#48 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Good idea!

I'm Diana, mama to 3 year old DS and 12 week old DD.  I lost all my pregnancy weight after DS, but lost a lot of muscle tone.  I then got pregnant with twins and miscarried, but didn't lose the weight before getting pregnant with DD.  During that pregnancy I topped out at over 200 lbs (my healthy weight is about 140-145).  In the last challenge, I got rid of the last of the weight I had gained during DD's pregnancy, but that still leave me about 15-20 lbs heavier and in much poorer shape than I want to be.  I'm also recovering from a c-section.  I'm having a hard time with "traditional" exercise because my abs are such a wreck.  I just bought the "Restore the Core" video, and I'm hoping it will help with my diastasis and weak transverse abs. 

My ultimate goal is to be able to again pass the physical agility test for my department (I'm a police officer, though I'm currently on a leave-of-absence and and not sure yet if I will continue to be a SAHM).  16" vertical jump, 29 sit-ups in a minute, 25 push ups, 300 meter run in under 71 seconds, and 1.5 mile run in less than 16:28.  I exceeded all of these standards 5 years ago, but now they seem so difficult!

My plan is to walk/jog twice per week, and do the Restore the Core video at least 3 times/week.  I'll add more activities as I'm physically able.

Good luck everyone!

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
#49 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM

i wanted to ask, if i could put my weight in stones, as i have no idea how to convert 14lbs for every stone, I'm really bad at maths. my starting weight will be 16stone 13 lbs. its the only way my scales measures, being English. and is half hour walking every other day ok, as my health wont let me do much more. doctors say i have to build up slowly, as i had heart surgery last year. i don't want to over do it.

Big Tree Hugger/ Nature Lovertreehugger.gif Hippiehippie.gifClumsy/accident prone oops.gif  Frequent Brain freeze confused.gif  Newlywedpartners.gif Pagan bellycast.gif Mummy to 2 kittiescat.giflost one recently. Artistmodifiedartist.gifPhotographerphotosmile2.gifTrekkie/Sci fi/fantasytrekkie.gif

#50 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Hi, I'm Shira, from OC , CA.  I've been married to my DH for 18 years and we have 3 kids, DD17, DS14 and baby DD10. I lost 30 pounds with WW 4 years ago and felt and looked great at 170 pounds but unfortunately gained it all back. I tried going to WW meetings again but my leader quit and the magic was gone. I'm unemployed and looking for a job so I'm trying to do it this time without spending any money. I'll do WW by myself and for exercise I have the Zumba dvds and I plan to start the C25K plan. In the past I bought groupons for one month of bootcamp and one month of hot yoga and I plan to use them once I get myself into decent shape. I will weigh myself and post my weight tomorrow.

Good luck to us all!

#51 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 AM

Hi crazy cat lady!  The nice thing about this challenge is that it's all about you and your comfort level.  Some ladies are much more fit than others, so our exercise intensity will vary considerably.  The important thing is that YOU consider it exercise, and you commit to doing it 4 times per week for about 30 minutes.

I'm guessing Dmitrizmom can convert the weights for you...

#52 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

Good idea!

I'm Diana, mama to 3 year old DS and 12 week old DD.  I lost all my pregnancy weight after DS, but lost a lot of muscle tone.  I then got pregnant with twins and miscarried, but didn't lose the weight before getting pregnant with DD.  During that pregnancy I topped out at over 200 lbs (my healthy weight is about 140-145).  In the last challenge, I got rid of the last of the weight I had gained during DD's pregnancy, but that still leave me about 15-20 lbs heavier and in much poorer shape than I want to be.  I'm also recovering from a c-section.  I'm having a hard time with "traditional" exercise because my abs are such a wreck.  I just bought the "Restore the Core" video, and I'm hoping it will help with my diastasis and weak transverse abs. 

My ultimate goal is to be able to again pass the physical agility test for my department (I'm a police officer, though I'm currently on a leave-of-absence and and not sure yet if I will continue to be a SAHM).  16" vertical jump, 29 sit-ups in a minute, 25 push ups, 300 meter run in under 71 seconds, and 1.5 mile run in less than 16:28.  I exceeded all of these standards 5 years ago, but now they seem so difficult!

My plan is to walk/jog twice per week, and do the Restore the Core video at least 3 times/week.  I'll add more activities as I'm physically able.

Good luck everyone!

Diana - you have a great plan of attack!  That list of skills gives me something to shoot for too - always wondered how I'd measure up. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy cat lady View Post

i wanted to ask, if i could put my weight in stones, as i have no idea how to convert 14lbs for every stone, I'm really bad at maths. my starting weight will be 16stone 13 lbs. its the only way my scales measures, being English. and is half hour walking every other day ok, as my health wont let me do much more. doctors say i have to build up slowly, as i had heart surgery last year. i don't want to over do it.

No problem with doing the conversions. :)  I've also got engineering in my background, so love having fun with math!  And starting slowly is good - gives you the chance to acclimate and build up to more intensity with lower risk of getting injured.  thumb.gif

#53 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Hi! I'm Jamie from KCMO. I'm a mama to my soon-to-be 2 year old son. His birthday is the 30th of this month (which will be sort of hard on my diet) I've been together with DBF since October 2009. I am currently going to school two days out of the week for a chemistry class. I am planning to join a "Booty Blast" class for my Sundays (lol. It is like Zumba but with a lot more...well, booty shaking lol.gif) I also am planning to do Round 2 (yes...another round..) of P90X but with Turbofire combined for my exercises per week. My last round was alright but I got extremely lazy those last two weeks because it surrounded my birthday. Anyways, I am getting ready to get back on the horse so to speak. 

Before my pregnancy two years ago, I was very...skinny and fit. duck.gifI weighed in at 120 ibs. BUT I was working my butt off as the warehouse girl. I remember feeling really good. During my pregnancy, I gained a whopping 50 ibs. irked.gif I lost a little bit after DS was born but gained it all back to 170. I was 170 for a long time until this July when I did P90X. I lost 15 ibs from it. It's a start! My ultimate goal is 125 but I need baby steps here.... so my goal for this challenge is 140. biggrinbounce.gif

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#54 of 337 Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 PM

Hello, I am Cheryl, SAHM to 3 boys. I also homeschool the older 2 so we are quite busy and I never get a break from the kids so exercise can be tough to work into the schedule. I have yet to learn how to put in my oxygen mask first and do a very poor job of taking care of me. I also have some sort of disorder that has left me exausted most of the time and with muscle weakness/fatigue. I will see the Dr at the end of Oct finally and hope to have more info then, but I am guessing it is something along the lines of hypothyroid, chronic fatigue, or fibromyalgia. This adds another layer of difficulty for exercise but I plan to start slow with stretching, yoga, and light hand weights and hopefully be able to build from there. My heaviest weight while not pregnant or immediately post partum was 199lbs. That is what I weighed the day I got pregnant with DS1. I was lucky to lose all my baby weight quickly after each baby was born. I also lost about 20 lbs in the 1st year after DS2 and DS3 were born. I have been stuck fluxuating between 150-153lbs for quite a while now. My hope for this challenge is to break that and end at 140-145lbs. My plan other than hopefully getting enough exercise is to make sure I drink enough water and drink 1 water with cider vinegar or water with lemon everyday for detox. I am a vegetarian but I am lazy and don't like to cook so we don't always eat super heathy. So I hope to revamp my diet into a more whole foods, less processed thing of beauty. Green smoothies atleast 3 times a week is one of my 1st goals.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#55 of 337 Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

am in Europe so it looks like i'll be the first one to report what the scale tell me today Monday

49 years old SAHM

treated for breast cancer for the last 14 months => still having immunotherapy drug injected in me every 3 weeks

it probably doesn't help with weight loss

l love my food too ... it's not just the drugs ...

+ am an emotional eater

+ who compensates lack of sleep with "eating more to stay awake/cope"

DD1 13, DS 11, and DD2 5

have been trying to loose about 14 pounds after DS was born

but in the 2 months after we arrived in the US in 2005, i put on another 14 lb

so that's about 30 lb i would need to loose

(my motivation = being able to refuse part of the 3rd stage of my treatment, meeting with the doctor, mid to end November)

for that i would have to be at least 30 lb lighter (some hormones being produced in fat cells)

i have a Tuesday 1.5 hour Tribal dance class

a Thursday swim session + tai chi

a Sat. Roller blade 2 hours class

+ have some weight to use at home and walk everywhere, a lot ....

but DH has been in hospital these last 10 days so routines went out of the window

+ was going to reward myself with 3 days in Paris kidless next week end with another momentarily kidless mom

and am still frantically searching who could take care of my girls for 3 days (found 2 families for the 3 nights for my boy)

am going to do my best for this round ... in spite of all the extra challenges of the moment

#56 of 337 Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

IsaFrench - you have a ton on your plate!  Sending hug2.gif your way while you deal with everything.  Hoping we both have fabulous results this time round.

#57 of 337 Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Ready to weigh in - 248.2 pounds -yeah, the intervening week and 4 days away at a leadership camp with excellent food didn't do me any good.

I am a math teacher and guidance counselor who also teaches chemistry from time to time. My DH and I are dealing with extremely low sperm count for him and hypothyroidism for me. Saving our money for IVF next summer and I want to get down to a better BMI before that procedure. In 2003-2004, I went from 226 to 185 pounds using Weight Watchers. I still attend, but haven't been tracking my food intake as I should, especially since I got married in 2010.  Need to focus on writing down what I eat (we had started a thread for the eating side of the challenge that I would like to start up again) and getting my 4 exercise sessions.  My dear brother (DB) lives with my DH and me and DB wants to lose weight too so it there is another person to get out and exercise with.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#58 of 337 Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM

So excited that I continued to lose even while away from the challenge!! 

#59 of 337 Old 10-08-2012, 07:27 AM

198 pounds help.gif

#60 of 337 Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

167.8. argh. 

Tags
Weight Management

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page