8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 5.0 (enrolling thru 10/10, starts 10/8) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

and no, I'm not feeling pirate-y.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM

Hi all!

My name is Amanda, I'm almost 24, 5'6" and my DD is 9 months old. Before I got pregnant I was in great shape- about 135 lbs. I gained about 60 lbs during pregnancy Bolt.gif and haven't lost all that much (aside from baby and water weight) since then. I'm a SAHM and have decided its finally time to start working on my weight. I'm only in my early 20's and want to look like it damn it! lol

Current weight :169.5

Goal after eight weeks: 153.5

Eventual goal: 125ish

My DD is still 99% EBF so I can't go crazy with dieting/ loosing weight too quickly. I am planning on doing some home videos (Lindsay Brin), Wii Fiting, and I'm joining a gym for my birthday (this will be my first time away from DD! I'm finally ready, ha). I have been doing a lot more home cooking, so I've been more mindful of what I've been eating and plan on doing the Whole 30 diet starting in January.

I'm excited to start loosing with you ladies! 

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi smile.gif

I'm a SAHM of two. My dd is 7 and my ds will be 3 on Friday.  He is still nursing and weight loss is so slow because of it. My dh and I have been married for almost 16 years, together for 21.  I've been learning to play hockey for about a 1 1/2 years and just started playing in a women's league. It's so much fun and good exercise. 

This is my 5th challenge and I've lost about 12lbs, 6 inches off my waist and 1 1/2 inches off my hips. Also went down a size in hockey pants. Yay!

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Starting weight is 210.5   I'm 5'4.   Measurements- 38 inch waist, 43 inch hips, 49 bust.  I'll remeasure at the end of the challenge.

I also post my exercise plan for the week.

Mon- Walking

Tues- 1 hour hockey class/ walking

Wed- 1 hour hockey class, 1/2 hour power skating class

Thurs- Walking

Fri- League hockey game

Sat- Family day

Sun- 1 hour hockey class

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Hi! My name is Marie.  I have two little ones, a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old, turning 3 in a few days (we share a birthday).  I had them pretty quickly, so I didn't have a chance to lose my weight from the first before I was pregnant with the second.  I had  put on about 25 pounds after having my second.  I love to run and did a few half marathons, but I couldn't lose the weight even with all of the running.  I was still about 20 pounds over my prepregnancy weight and with my height was a lot.  I was losing the weight and then putting it back on again.  II did the last challenge it it really helped me get a jump start on the weight loss and was the first time I have had real success.  I am a certified math teacher, but lost my job in August. I go back to do some part time work in January and would love to have the weight off by then.

My weigh in today is 129.0.  I would like to be down to 120 by the end of the challange.

I'm not sure what my exercise plan this week is because my parents are coming into town.  I have been doing a mix of Insanity and running, so I will continue with that for this challenge as well. 

Mommy to Nora 2/19/08 and Valerie 10/19/09

Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 AM

My starting weight is 154.8. I did my chest and back exercises and ab ripper X today from p90x. That was about an hour and 15 mins. 

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM

My starting weight is 189.  If I refrain from telling you my height than that number doesn't look as bad.  :)

I'm Canadian and attending my second Thanksgiving dinner tonight.  I have a 3 year old and 13 month old.  

For fitness I go to classes at lunch 3 to 5 times a week.

Eating - I may use WW.  I know it works I just don't like the online stuff and there are no meetings here.

I am joining because I am lacking motivation and hope that you all help me in this department.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 PM

I don't know how precise we are are plannign to be, but my scale weighs to the half pound. Is that ok?

Starting weight for the challenge: 151

End of challenge goal: 146

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

CrazyCatLady

here's a converter for you

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/stones-to-pounds.htm

(i sometimes buy slimming mags in the UK ...)

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 PM

243.4 is my starting weight. I'm 5'8"

I live in a small town and am within a mile of pretty much anything. So, my plan is just to walk all my errands every day instead of drive. 

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Old 10-08-2012, 01:04 PM

hi! My weight today was 155 and I'm 5'4". Before DS1 was born (August 2008), I was about 130 and felt great -- running daily and eating well. I lost most of my baby weight during the three years following that first birth... then had DS2 in April 2012 and have been losing weight very slowly. I'm nursing, so don't plan to do anything too drastic, but know that I can exercise more and eat less :) My plan is to walk the boys to school (1.5 miles each way) at least once a week, WiiFit a couple times a week, and find an aerobics video to do at least once a week. Also, I will not eat after 8pm and will make healthier snacking choices during the day(no more spoonfuls of peanut butter!!!) I think I mostly eat out of boredom -- it sounds crazy as I love being with my boys and they keep me moving ALL day, but I think that whenever I find myself with 5 minutes here or there, I eat them away! So, I'm also going to figure out ways to use those small bits of time more effectively -- maybe doing some exercising or just occupying my brain in another manner.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM

194.5. i also want to keep track of my inches-- i've never done that before. i'll post that tomorrow morning.

last year, i got serious about losing weight and got down to the low 160s, and my goal was 150. but stuff happened, i stopped exercising, got lax about my diet, and gained almost all of it back. :-/

so, here we go again! i'll be doing the 30 day shred and yoga for my exercise. and watching my portions while concentrating on reducing carbs. it worked before-- it'll work again. :-)

christina in lawrenceville

meafro.jpg, and dhyikes2.gif, -- parenting joy.gifsince 2004, and bouncy.gif since 2007.
"IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION." signcirc1.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyFilled View Post

Eating - I may use WW.  I know it works I just don't like the online stuff and there are no meetings here.

I do ww without going to meetings or paying for the online subscription. It's pretty easy. The new calculator they have now doesn't just calculate your points+ it also keeps track of them. So you don't need the online tracking anymore. If I don't know the nutritional info of something (today, I needed to know how many points dry lentils are), I just Google the item and find the nutritional info. and then calculate the points with my calculator. Very easy. 

Old 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM

143.5    Working mom, married, 1 son who is 11 (soon to be 12) years old.  49 years old as of next week and with every new year the weight just seems to keep creeping up.  Just can't seem to get a grip on my eating.  

DH and I walked today approx 2 miles on the beach.  That is good exercise!  I normally don't try to exercise much (tend to be lazy in that area).  Hopefully I can get better about it.  oops.gif

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM

A little pushed for time right now so I'll have to fill ya'll in later. But my starting weight is 134.6. Here we go again! I'm lovin' it!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Hi!

I'm Leslie. I am a single mumma to 3: 10 year-old twin girls and a nearly 8 year-old boy. I have had a very stressful year, and am looking for work. 

I am starting at 165 lbs. My ultimate goal is 130. For this challenge, my goal is 155 lbs.

Starting measurements:

height: 5' 6" (not expecting this to change ;)

waist: 33" (I still think I have a 28" waist)

bust: 38.5"

hips: 45"

Exercise. I am planning to do some videos at home in the evenings, and try to do either cycling or running at least 4 days a week. I am going to start c25k again. Does anyone know of a great podcast or dummy-proof way to make my own so I don't have to listen to music I dislike while running?

The food part is hard for me, as my kids don't like to eat what I like to eat, which is mostly vegetables and soups. So I wind up just eating what I make for them. I am going to make a big pot of soup for myself each week to use as a basic foundation for my meals, the supplement with the protein and veg components of what I serve my kids. I do poorly with almost all grains, and am also trying to clear psoriasis, so I am trying to avoid nightshades and a few other things.

I am looking forward to having a group to be accountable to!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Well I just got back from joining the gym biggrinbounce.gif

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical which translated into 4.5 miles and 200 calories. I hope to do some Yoga tonight, maybe a bit of Wii Fitting

So far today I've eaten:

Bagel with sausage, egg and cheese, 20 oz coffee (not great but had to get up early and drive DP to work, ugh!)

2 HB eggs

1.5 cups fruit

3 tbsp peanut butter with 2 celery sticks 

and am about to have: 

4 oz steak with onions, broccoli, spinach and maybe beets

then I have to be good about no midnight snacks! I'm terrible about eating super late. I've heard good things about My Fitness Pal, I think I'm going to try that out. 

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Joy, I feel with you on the Canadian Thanksgiving.  My DH is Canadian so I made him a special meal tonight.  On to better eating from here until American Thanksgiving and beyond!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Hello, I'm Shanese and my weight today is 156.6. I would like to be at least 149 at the end of this challenge.  I am a

mom of two boys an almost thirteen year old and a two year old. I work full time and have been married for seventeen

years.  I have managed to lose about 50 pounds over the last two years. I would like to lose about thirty more and be

able to keep myself there. I'm excited to continue the journey of taking off the weight for good.

Shanese mom of 2ds
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post

Well I just got back from joining the gym biggrinbounce.gif

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical which translated into 4.5 miles and 200 calories. I hope to do some Yoga tonight, maybe a bit of Wii Fitting

So far today I've eaten:

Bagel with sausage, egg and cheese, 20 oz coffee (not great but had to get up early and drive DP to work, ugh!)

2 HB eggs

1.5 cups fruit

3 tbsp peanut butter with 2 celery sticks 

and am about to have: 

4 oz steak with onions, broccoli, spinach and maybe beets

then I have to be good about no midnight snacks! I'm terrible about eating super late. I've heard good things about My Fitness Pal, I think I'm going to try that out. 

I used MyFitnessPal and really liked it.  I've never not been able to find a food in the database, and putting in my own recipes and meals is pretty easy, too.  It definitely helps to keep me accountable... when I use it.  eyesroll.gif

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I apologize for the late weigh in. I didn't have internet access until now. We had to rip our house apart to get rid of pests and then staying in a hotel last night.

I am holding at 199.8. I am looking forward to this challenge! My plan is to stay under 1800 calories, aiming for 1600 net, and log what I eat on MFP. My favorite exercise options are Zumba, Pilates, elliptical, weights, videos, walks around the block (lots of hills), hiking in the woods, walking in the sand at the beach. I am going to go to the gym 4 days a week and do something outside once a week. It is so good for me to be in nature.

I loo forward to getting to know you all!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

OK. I have initial weights for everyone EXCEPT the following:

1. BarefootMama99
  2. briannas auntie
  3. Contented73
  4. gracynnsmommie
  5. marymom
  6. Smilesarefree

If you posted and I missed it, can you repost or send me a PM?  Thanks.

I will post the starting chart with team assignments as soon as I have weights for everyone. thumb.gif  Anybody object to a change in colors?  I'm thinking Orange and Purple this time around.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 AM

I'm so out of shape mecry.gifI went out for my first day of c25k workout this morning. The APP wasn't that great and I couldn't hear most of the cues so I ended up walking most of it. Then I came home and finally opened the Zumba dvd package. Gave up after 10 minutes.  I will try to do the rest later when my girls are back from school and we can do it together for motivation. But hey, I still got 40 minutes of good cardio workout all together and tomorrow is a new day.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM

orange and purple sound fun! =D

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Just got back from the gym:

30 mins treadmill

45 mins assorted leg/ab machines (3 sets of 12 reps each)

- I think 8 machines? not sure

Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM

whew...one good thing about vacation is I am making the time to exercise.  Walked on the beach this morning with DH and DS, separately, so 2 walks there. Just now got back from about a 4 mile (or so) bike ride with both of them.  This is the most exercise I've had in 3 months.  photosmile2.gif

Just hope I can keep up some momentum when we get home.

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM

I apologize for being late to weigh in. I am a mother to a beautiful 2 month old girl. I am just getting back to work from maternity leave so things have been a little hectic. My starting weight is a whooping 270 pounds with a height of 5'5". I plan to allow myself 2000 calories/day. My long term goal is to lose 100 pounds. I feel this challenge is a great way to get started. Even though I have a very long journey ahead of me, I know that can do it. I plan to walk on the treadmill on most days. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbi View Post

I'm so out of shape mecry.gifI went out for my first day of c25k workout this morning. The APP wasn't that great and I couldn't hear most of the cues so I ended up walking most of it. Then I came home and finally opened the Zumba dvd package. Gave up after 10 minutes.  I will try to do the rest later when my girls are back from school and we can do it together for motivation. But hey, I still got 40 minutes of good cardio workout all together and tomorrow is a new day.

You can do it!  :)  So long as you are doing anything, you are lapping all the people just sitting on the couch!  Each day gets a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post

Just got back from the gym:

30 mins treadmill

45 mins assorted leg/ab machines (3 sets of 12 reps each)

- I think 8 machines? not sure

Sounds like a solid workout. biggrinbounce.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tealsmith83 View Post

whew...one good thing about vacation is I am making the time to exercise.  Walked on the beach this morning with DH and DS, separately, so 2 walks there. Just now got back from about a 4 mile (or so) bike ride with both of them.  This is the most exercise I've had in 3 months.  photosmile2.gif

Just hope I can keep up some momentum when we get home.

Walking on the beach sounds lovely!  No beaches near me to speak of... and it was dang cold and rainy here today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracynnsmommie View Post

I apologize for being late to weigh in. I am a mother to a beautiful 2 month old girl. I am just getting back to work from maternity leave so things have been a little hectic. My starting weight is a whooping 270 pounds with a height of 5'5". I plan to allow myself 2000 calories/day. My long term goal is to lose 100 pounds. I feel this challenge is a great way to get started. Even though I have a very long journey ahead of me, I know that can do it. I plan to walk on the treadmill on most days. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Good luck everyone.

not a problem. thumb.gif  You can do this!!!  I've been there and have made huge strides and it gets a little easier each day. 

Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

Do you all mind if I just use my ending weight from the last challenge as my starting weight? After that, I'll be right on track with weighing in, though.

We are in the middle of moving and my dh forgot to bring me my scale in today's load of stuff...he's bringing loads out to us (about 7hrs away) on his days off until he finishes up this job at the end of the month. He's not bringing another load until the 13th. We're in a super rural area and I don't really know anyone well enough that it wouldn't be crazy weird if I asked to use their scale. lol

That will be fine with me.

Tags
Weight Management
User Tag List