8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 5.0 (enrolling thru 10/10, starts 10/8) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 337 Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

bilbi - Which app are you using?  I tried out RunDouble, and I liked it pretty well.  I had to turn the volume on my phone up all the way to hear it while moving, but it also has a GPS built-in so that you know how far you've gone.  I'm really out of shape too, so I feel your pain.  Last time I did C25K, I wanted to skip the first 3 or 4 weeks because it seemed so easy.  Now W1D1 was totally kicking my ass and I had to really slow down just so I could breathe.  My "jogging" looked more like running in place.  irked.gif  But, like Dmitrizmom said, at least you're out there trying.  It's 1000% better than sitting on the couch!

AFM - My Restore the Core workout got interrupted by DD after about 15 minutes yesterday, and both kiddos have been absolutely.non.stop. since.  Gah.  Does walking around all day with a baby who refuses to be put down count as exercise?  Seriously, I'm juse going to chalk today up as a loss, drink a calorie-filled mocha, and start over tomorrow!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#92 of 337 Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Ooooh ok... I'm in for my second round! We are just going to use my last starting weight because I don't dare go NEAR a scale while auntie flo is visiting. I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, maybe with this thread to keep me accountable I wont go CRAZY. 

Yesterday I bought cookies... yeah, cookies. What was I thinking? Sooo here it goes! (btw, after Oct. 16th I can help with the charting, I'm sorry for the late posting but I did mentioned I'd be glad to help with that, just let me know via PM?)

Weight as of 10/9: 219.4

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#93 of 337 Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillymonster View Post

Ooooh ok... I'm in for my second round! We are just going to use my last starting weight because I don't dare go NEAR a scale while auntie flo is visiting. I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, maybe with this thread to keep me accountable I wont go CRAZY. 

Yesterday I bought cookies... yeah, cookies. What was I thinking? Sooo here it goes! (btw, after Oct. 16th I can help with the charting, I'm sorry for the late posting but I did mentioned I'd be glad to help with that, just let me know via PM?)

Weight as of 10/9: 219.4

Yea!!! So glad to see you joining us! joy.gif  I've got you in the chart.  And, ummmm, about the cookies... don't feel too bad... I made pumpkin rolls and pumpkin scones this afternoon... and ate more than one serving of each. bag.gif  Tomorrow is a new day... I also made a veggie soup (heavy on the kale) to eat when I'm feeling peckish for the next couple days... get the filling but not a ton of calories.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#94 of 337 Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 PM

diana_of_the_dunes -  I'm using an app called c2k5 free by Zen labs. I'll give it another chance and If I still can't hear the cues than I'll download the one that you suggested. Thanks. Did you finish the program before? It's my third try but  I always quit around week 4 when the running gets really tough. I hope this time will be better.

Dmitrizmom -  your soup sounds great. I also made veggie soup to eat in time of crisis. Never tried it with kale. I like to add celery root to mine. It looks like a potato, tastes like a potato (well, kind of, I actually like its taste better) and yet have way less calories than a potatothumb.gif.

#95 of 337 Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbi View Post

Dmitrizmom -  your soup sounds great. I also made veggie soup to eat in time of crisis. Never tried it with kale. I like to add celery root to mine. It looks like a potato, tastes like a potato (well, kind of, I actually like its taste better) and yet have way less calories than a potatothumb.gif.

I love celeriac!!!  I need to find some locally that doesn't cost too much - it is on my list of things to try to grow in my garden next year.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

#96 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 05:02 AM

Graciennsmommie, are you breastfeeding? If so those cals are going to burn burn burn! I hope yallcan be patient I haveny been on here in like- seriously, 8 years- yall were probably born after I started on the dot communes and I may be a bit slow with the learning curve on how to use thse boards- I live in S FL with my last (of 6) child who is 13 y o homeschooled boy, (mostthe others are close tho!) I am a single mom and licensed midwife with 2 amazing dogs (GSD and lab -just in case ya care ;) I gained 30-40 lbs what with perimenapause AND midwifery school, in the last 4 years -done with school and was able to lose 20 in last year with no school;- but still need to lose 10 more, 20 would be nice- I like to bike and walk, i recently started running, theers a track near my home and DS likes to run with so ...here I go :)  PS I have a serious ch chip cookie addiction (oh heck sometmes just the chips work)

#97 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 07:09 AM

I'm Christine, AKA, nobodymove. I am a 37 year old mother to 6 wonderful kiddos and wife to a wonderful, loving husband.  My oldest child is almost 18 and youngest is 4. I home school 4 of the 6 and am trying to get a grip on a healthy lifestyle. I was diagnosed with  hyperthyroidism  about 6 1/2 years ago and have been being treated ever since. I also have a diastisis recti separation and am trying to repair this so as not to confuse people into thinking I'm always pregnant.  I am not nearly as active as some of you all on here but do what I can when I can, along with my mandatory 30 minutes 4 times a week.  Four of my children jog a 5k with me every Thursday night with the local runners in our area. I am currently 134 lbs. and would like to be in the 120's by the end of this challenge.  I know 134 doesn't sound like much to some of you but I'm ONLY 4'11 and a half. 2whistle.gif

#98 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Sorry guys. I came here to cry. greensad.gif I just went to my room, splinted my stomach really tight and did a few crunches(something I'm NOT supposed to do with diastisis recti) then did a few other stomach tightening exercises, got interrupted so I had to quit. When I got up (log roll style) and took my band off, my stomach muscles hurt like round ligament pain in my middle. So got on the floor again and tested myself for my separation ~which was down to only 2 finger widths,~ which I couldn't even find!!!! I almost cried. I am over four finger width separated now. 

Back to the drawing board!!!

#99 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 AM

Yesterday, I did my first turbofire workout for 1 hour and whew! It wore me out. lol. It felt like I ran a marathon, my legs were on fire.

I actually just got back from my shoulders and arms workout (1 hour), and did another ab ripper (15 min.) from p90x. 

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#100 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodymove View Post

Sorry guys. I came here to cry. greensad.gif I just went to my room, splinted my stomach really tight and did a few crunches(something I'm NOT supposed to do with diastisis recti) then did a few other stomach tightening exercises, got interrupted so I had to quit. When I got up (log roll style) and took my band off, my stomach muscles hurt like round ligament pain in my middle. So got on the floor again and tested myself for my separation ~which was down to only 2 finger widths,~ which I couldn't even find!!!! I almost cried. I am over four finger width separated now. 

Back to the drawing board!!!

Ouch! greensad.gif I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had experience with diastisis recti but I know that if it's like round ligament pain, that hurts like crazy. Just take your time and don't rush.

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#101 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

First Week with Team Assignments:

8-Oct
Name Week 1
bilbi 198
briannas auntie 276
crazy cat lady 237
dmitrizmom 167.8
gracynnsmommie 270
katmtb 155

MamaLeslie 165
MarieP 129
Smilesarefree  
tealsmith83 143.5
tillymonster 219.4
Valid28 156.6
Amandamarie 210.5
AmandaT 169.5

C is for Cookie 154.8
Contented73  
diana_of_the_dunes 161
incorrigible 243.4
IsaFrench 162
JoyFilled 189
lilacvioletiris 248.2
maciasci 151
marymom 140
nobodymove 134.6
tropicana 150

Starting weight for Team Orange: 2311.8 lbs

Starting weight for Team Purple: 2313.8 lbs

#102 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM

4 mile bike ride today with DH and DS.  joy.gif  Wish we could do this all the time...alas vacation will soon be over.

Me  ribbonpink.gif, DH  guitar.gif, DSviolin.gif, 2 dogsdog2.gif,  and 4 chickens and 2 roosterschicken3.gif 
#103 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

walked LOADS yesterday

planning to clean the flat energetically today, for at least 2 hours ....

(have to miss my Thrusday swim + Tai Chi class because of a medical appointment)

have been to see an accupuncturist for various medical matters on Tuesday ... am hoping that it will ALSO help me to be more self-disciplined about portion sizes .... & help my body to regulate itself a bit better than it had done over the last 11 years ....

#104 of 337 Old 10-10-2012, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

forgot to add, IF i get to go to Paris for 3 days, then i'll weigh myself on Tuesday am not Monday for next weigh-in

#105 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 07:02 AM

Go Team Purple!!

Yesterday I did

-35 minutes on the stationary bike

-a few Yoga poses

-Wii Fit rhythm boxing (10 minutes)

-Wii Fit advanced step

-crunches (I could only do about 10 irked.gif )

and I ate well with a big salad for dinner! 

Today I'm going for a walk on the boardwalk with a group of mom friends so that should be a nice light workout. Tomorrow I go for an apt with a trainer at the gym so I don't want to do anything to strenuous. 

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#106 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 AM

Orange is my favorite colorjoy.gif

it's raining here today and we southern californians don't do well in the rain so I can't go outside to do my planned c25k workout. But I will do zumba .

#107 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Woot! Purple Team! <3

I did 1 hour of yoga today.

Yesterday, I must of ate something that went bad because....I was sick to my stomach so I didn't eat all that much besides my breakfast smoothie and my dinner of lemon flounder with california blend broccoli. The taco salad for lunch was what made my stomach went wacko so I had to chug some green tea to flush it out. lol. That might have been TMI. 2whistle.gif

Anyways, I feel fine now so my diet is back to normal. redface.gif

#108 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM

I'm having a slow start, as I have been sick and feverish since Tuesday. I did go for a long walk today, and hope to feel up to something more vigourous tomorrow. Diet has been crappy, since I have no energy and have been making easy/fast/not as balanced food for kids and scrounging, rather than putting in any effort. Planning to make some tom kha broth tonight so I can make easy soups for a few days.

Go team Orange! (Orange is my son's favourite colour)

#109 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Sorry, I have to drop out of the challenge, because I got a BFP yesterday, after a year of trying! Praying for a sticky bean and to keep my weight gain minimal. 

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#110 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM

Well, sorry for the dealy.  Been super busy lately, but my name is Jessie and I am the proud aunt to my 3 1/2 year old neice, Brianna.  I am currently trying to become pregnant and need to lose some weight to help my chances of becoming a mommy.belly.gifhomebirth.jpg  My boyfriend, Derek, is also helping me with losing weight by going to the gym with me everyday.wool.gif

Currently, my weight is 276 pounds.  I used to weigh 198 in 2008, but I got raped by a caregiver who was supposed to help me after a major surgery, and the weight skyrocketed after that.  It was my way of preventing the same thing happening to me again.  Fortunately, through Christian Counceling, I have healed quite a bit and am starting to get my life back and lose weight. The only problem is that I will lose inches, but no actual weight on the scale.  My doctors tell me its because I am gaining a lot of muscle mass and that is good, but its frustrating.  I want the number to go down on the scale.

Due to having gastroparesis, I can't eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies, so I eat these ground up like baby food.  I also have to be on very high protein formula (vanilla Promote formula).  Its like Ensure, but has 3 times as much protein in it, because I don't get enough protein through meat and stuff like that.  I drink 3 cans of this a day and take a liquid protein supplement once a day called Promod.  eat.gif

As far as exercise, due to a low level spinal cord injury (I can't feel anything mid-thigh on down)wheelchair.gif, I am limited to the exercises I can do safely.  So far, I do these exercises daily:

swimming for 30 minutes

working on the exercise bike for 30 minutes

weight lifting for 20 minutes

standing in my standing frame for 1 hour a day

I love weight lifting, because it makes me feel powerful and strong.  Not only that, it keeps my upper body in shape for using a manual sports wheelchair and for playing wheelchair basketball and tennis.  thumb.gif

My goals for this week are:

1. eat healthier (less junk food)goorganic.jpg

2. stick with my exercise routine dailywool.gif

3. meditate dailyom.gif

4. repeat positive affirmations dailylove.gif

Have a great week everyone. Together, we will help each other lose weight.

#111 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM

I have not really been eating well or exercising much this week duck.gifbut I did a iodine test yesterday and found that my iodine levels are REALLY low which means my thyroid is also probbaly rather low. This explains SO MUCH! I will get some suppliments tomorrow and hopefully this will make me feel better, restore my energy levels and make my thyroid work better so weight loss will be slightly easier as well.

I am drinking my lemon water and green tea every day but not enough. So now that I've said it I am going to go pour a big glass and get moving in the right direction.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#112 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Sorry, I have to drop out of the challenge, because I got a BFP yesterday, after a year of trying! Praying for a sticky bean and to keep my weight gain minimal. 

anyalily - Congrats on your BFP!!!  Sending sticky vibes your way and best wished for a happy, healthy, uneventful 9 months!!!  joy.gif 

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannas auntie View Post

Well, sorry for the dealy.  Been super busy lately, but my name is Jessie and I am the proud aunt to my 3 1/2 year old neice, Brianna.  I am currently trying to become pregnant and need to lose some weight to help my chances of becoming a mommy.belly.gifhomebirth.jpg  My boyfriend, Derek, is also helping me with losing weight by going to the gym with me everyday.wool.gif

Currently, my weight is 276 pounds.  I used to weigh 198 in 2008, but I got raped by a caregiver who was supposed to help me after a major surgery, and the weight skyrocketed after that.  It was my way of preventing the same thing happening to me again.  Fortunately, through Christian Counceling, I have healed quite a bit and am starting to get my life back and lose weight. The only problem is that I will lose inches, but no actual weight on the scale.  My doctors tell me its because I am gaining a lot of muscle mass and that is good, but its frustrating.  I want the number to go down on the scale.

Due to having gastroparesis, I can't eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies, so I eat these ground up like baby food.  I also have to be on very high protein formula (vanilla Promote formula).  Its like Ensure, but has 3 times as much protein in it, because I don't get enough protein through meat and stuff like that.  I drink 3 cans of this a day and take a liquid protein supplement once a day called Promod.  eat.gif

As far as exercise, due to a low level spinal cord injury (I can't feel anything mid-thigh on down)wheelchair.gif, I am limited to the exercises I can do safely.  So far, I do these exercises daily:

swimming for 30 minutes

working on the exercise bike for 30 minutes

weight lifting for 20 minutes

standing in my standing frame for 1 hour a day

I love weight lifting, because it makes me feel powerful and strong.  Not only that, it keeps my upper body in shape for using a manual sports wheelchair and for playing wheelchair basketball and tennis.  thumb.gif

My goals for this week are:

1. eat healthier (less junk food)goorganic.jpg

2. stick with my exercise routine dailywool.gif

3. meditate dailyom.gif

4. repeat positive affirmations dailylove.gif

Have a great week everyone. Together, we will help each other lose weight.

Glad to see you here!  I'm sorry to hear of the path leading to us, but I am excited for us to keep each other motivated and moving forward.  Hoping that you are successful in your weight loss journey and starting your family.  hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

I have not really been eating well or exercising much this week duck.gifbut I did a iodine test yesterday and found that my iodine levels are REALLY low which means my thyroid is also probbaly rather low. This explains SO MUCH! I will get some suppliments tomorrow and hopefully this will make me feel better, restore my energy levels and make my thyroid work better so weight loss will be slightly easier as well.

I am drinking my lemon water and green tea every day but not enough. So now that I've said it I am going to go pour a big glass and get moving in the right direction.

Getting enough fluid is hard!  Thank you for reminding me that  I really need to drink more... water, that is. :p

#113 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM

So, I just finished unpacking the LAST of the boxes dh brought me in the last trip....and low and behold, there was my scale at the bottom of it. lol

If you would like to change my starting weight, I'm 241.8 today. If it's too much trouble, it's not a big deal to me....I just thought I'd share the info for honesty's sake. ;)

I have to say this challenge has been THE ticket for me. I swear I've been doing the exact same things for the last year and not lost a pound...but without something to keep my attention on my habits, I guess I was having "little" slip ups much more often than I realized. I've finally pushed past that wall and I'm so appreciative.

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#114 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Got a job, got a job, got a jobjumpers.gif I'm so excited. Didn't work for over a year and didn't work full time for over a decade... So now I have a great incentive to try harder and lose weight before I go buy a new work wardrobe. Walked outside for 50 minutes hope to do zumba later.

Go Orangethumbsup.gif

#115 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

If you would like to change my starting weight, I'm 241.8 today. If it's too much trouble, it's not a big deal to me....I just thought I'd share the info for honesty's sake. ;)

I have a slightly different proposal for you...  How about I take the average of the two weights... Today is the 4th day in and you may have lost some weight this week already...  Would make the entry 242.6 lbs... LMK. 

#116 of 337 Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 PM

heh. that works for me. =D

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#117 of 337 Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 AM

I just finished the legs and back routine. I couldn't finish ab ripper because AF decided to show up today in full blast and have been cramping. Yuck. crap.gif

At least I did something for today. redface.gif

#118 of 337 Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

did a great spin/treadmill/abs workout with a friend yesterday morning.  then a 30 minute run while dd1 was at her piano lesson after school.

this morning did boot camp - it felt great.  Wanting another workout tonight... thinking about taking the kids roller skating. biggrinbounce.gif

#119 of 337 Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 AM

Raining hard out today, so I think it will be just a day to do a wheelchair aerobics video at home.

#120 of 337 Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 PM

Today I did 25 minutes on the elliptical then 20 on the treadmill

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page