Journey's Weight Loss Journey, Take 2 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 04-20-2004, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I bought a lot of organic foods on Thursday. I went out of town over the weekend, where I was fed rich gourmet meals all weekend (sighs and lets out the belt another notch). Now, it's time to get to work!

Yesterday, I ate pretty healthy. I accidentally skipped breakfast at home, so I grabbed one of those snapple a day things. For lunch I had an organic herb salad, plain. No dressing. I had organic strawberry yogurt as a snack. I drank tons of water. Dinner screwed me up. I had one of those hungry man fried chicken dinners and an Almond Joy. Ugh.

But, I rode my bike 3 miles, and I did an hour of yoga.

Today, I had some organic cranberry cereal for breakfast, with some organic milk in it. For lunch, I tried this soy protein drink mixed with organic milk and organic yogurt. YUCK! So, I dumped it out after a few sips, and just had some yogurt. I had a serving of breyers light neopolitan ice cream. For dinner I had a Julienne salad. I rode my bike 3 miles so far (hilly terrain), and I'm going to ride another 3 miles tonight. I had one diet dr pepper, and my goal tonight is to try to offset it with at least 2 bottles of water.

I'm going to weigh and measure myself in the morning, so I'll get back to you on where I stand there. It's somewhere around 190 lbs though, at 5'8". My goal is to get to under 140 lbs by my sons birthday, October 20th, 2004. I want to be a size 10 or smaller. Right now I'm a size 14.

In February 2003, I weighed 240lbs. I was wearing a size 22. My cholesterol was high. I was showing signs of developing diabetes. I had a lot of health complaints. I started out working out at Curves for women, and I lost 65 lbs in 8 months! My cholesterol and sugar were at normal levels. Unfortunately, school, work, and cold weather discouraged me from working out, and I've gained about 15 lbs.

I have no excuses to keep this weight on. I'm a nursing student, and I don't want to be a fat nurse. I don't want to tell my patients (I'm going to be a CNM) to exercise and eat right, meanwhile I'm binging on candybars and soda, sitting on my ass at the computer every chance I get.

I have strong willpower. I quit smoking cold turkey, I can give up the binging, too!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page