Mothering Forum banner

8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 6.0 (enrolling through 12/12, starts 12/10)

4K views 126 replies 13 participants last post by  lilacvioletiris 
#1 ·
Words of wisdom from Milk8shake (with minor modifiactions):

"The first thru five eight week challenges were a great success, and many of us are up for another eight weeks - we're opening it up for any newbies who would like to join the next round of the challenge. Please read below.

Background:

The thought came to my head because I joined the "losing weight in 2012" thread, but I didn't have much motivation, and I had no-one to be accountable to. I was thinking about the Biggest Loser, and how teams can be such a motivation. So, I thought I would throw this out there for anyone who needs to get some weight loss happening, but just can't seem to get off the couch.

The challenge:

Commit to an eight week weight loss challenge. You'll be assigned to a team, and your weight loss percentage will be measured on an individual and a team basis. The team with the highest loss percentage at the end of the eight weeks will be the winner. This is a TEAM effort. If you lose, your team wins! Your weekly progress will be updated on the leader board for all to see.

The requirements/rules:

1. You have to be willing to commit to the full eight weeks beginning 10 December 2012 and ending 28 January 2013.
  2. You have to be willing to commit to exercising a minimum of 4 x 30 minute sessions per week - the type of exercise is up to you!
  3. You have to be willing to check in and update your progress and weight at least weekly on Mondays.
  4. You have to be willing to share your weight and your height. (By PM if you are shy)
  5. You may not join if losing 1 lb / .5 kg per week will put you in an underweight category according to your BMI (check here) at the end of eight weeks.
  6. If you miss more than 2 weigh-ins, we will continue to track, but your loss will NOT contribute to your team's totals.

The prize:

A thinner waistline, a slimmer derriere, and the opportunity to bask in the glory of the winning team."

The challenge will not start until 10 December 2012.

See less See more
#102 ·
How is the exercise going this week? I had a hysterosonogram on Tuesday and to say the least walking has even been uncomfortable. Yesterday I didn't quite meet my goal of 30 minutes but I am hoping today will be better for walking.

#104 ·
Had a great weekend with a retreat for my high school students. It was a blast! Played "broom ball" last night. My legs hurt. Hopefully my weighin tomorrow is okay, eating was a bit crazy with some awesome cooks.

#105 ·
Weigh in today...132.2! Got me a new glass water bottle on the way; hoping I will be motivated to drink more water. And my husband just bought himself a pair of walking shoes so I'll be tagging along with him too. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to drop down into the 120's before this challenge is over.~Only one more weigh in after this one.
winky.gif

#109 ·
248.4 this time around - spent a weekend with teenagers and my eating was a little heavy on salt so I think that messed with my weighin.

I think I am going to set up the next challenge for people to sign up to. I am thinking of not having a week off in between. I always seem to mess up if I don't have that constant reminder to keep myself in check. I will be back for the link for people to sign up to. Challenge 7.0 here we come!

#110 ·
#113 ·
FINALLY got all of viruses off our computer and can post again! 139 this am. (yay!) Slacked over the weekend but back to kicking my butt this am :)

Trying to eat much cleaner (no more Lean Cuisines and the like for lunch) and cook at home more. Weight training hard

#115 ·
Well good to see a few more losses!

Here is our week 7 weight loss results!

#116 ·
Sorry for the delay! Both kids have been battling a stomach virus so life was consumed by laundry. I'm still at 144. Good job to all the ladies who lost!!

#117 ·
Hopefully your kids are feeling better.

#118 ·
Well ladies this is our last weigh in with this challenge! Can you believe 8 weeks have gone by?

My ending weight is 247.4 pounds. Been sick all weekend and sleeping a lot.

Want to sign up for round 7.0 of the weight loss challenge? Check out this link to sign up. It starts next Monday, Feb. 4 to keep us from losing ground on the weight we have lost.

#120 ·
Well, ladies, my final weigh in is 132.2. I walked/jogged every day last week along with healthy eating and thought for sure I would lose some weight but I didn't. It is for this reason that I am not signing up for the next challenge. I am not terribly discouraged because I have definitely seen body toning and more stomach flatness in the last few weeks. This is great for me but not for my teammates. We're trying to lose weight! Right? I'm not quitting exercising or my own personal weigh in; I just don't want to slow the pack down. Anyway, thank you all for the encouraging words. I may try again in the near future. Best wishes on your weight loss.

So, alas, I bear ye all farewell.
blowkiss.gif

#121 ·
Wow! I am somewhat shocked on my weigh-in today. A good shock...lol. I have been eating healthy and exercising as I should though...

I am 137.6.
biggrinbounce.gif

*does a victory dance on getting to the 130s* Now, I got about 15 pounds to go. I will be on the next challenge.

#124 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodymove View Post

Well, ladies, my final weigh in is 132.2. I walked/jogged every day last week along with healthy eating and thought for sure I would lose some weight but I didn't. It is for this reason that I am not signing up for the next challenge. I am not terribly discouraged because I have definitely seen body toning and more stomach flatness in the last few weeks. This is great for me but not for my teammates. We're trying to lose weight! Right? I'm not quitting exercising or my own personal weigh in; I just don't want to slow the pack down. Anyway, thank you all for the encouraging words. I may try again in the near future. Best wishes on your weight loss.

So, alas, I bear ye all farewell.
blowkiss.gif
Nobodymove, I still want to encourage you to try one more round of the weight loss challenge with us. Each little bit of loss helps. There is safety in groups. Contribute what loss you can and be encouraged to keep on losing!

#125 ·
Aaand back up to 146. I'm so discouraged. I wasn't going to join the next challenge, but I'm going to switch some things up and see if it makes a difference. Maybe I've just been doing the same thing for too long??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.