Mothering Forum banner

8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 6.0 (enrolling through 12/12, starts 12/10)

4K views 126 replies 13 participants last post by  lilacvioletiris 
#1 ·
Words of wisdom from Milk8shake (with minor modifiactions):

"The first thru five eight week challenges were a great success, and many of us are up for another eight weeks - we're opening it up for any newbies who would like to join the next round of the challenge. Please read below.

Background:

The thought came to my head because I joined the "losing weight in 2012" thread, but I didn't have much motivation, and I had no-one to be accountable to. I was thinking about the Biggest Loser, and how teams can be such a motivation. So, I thought I would throw this out there for anyone who needs to get some weight loss happening, but just can't seem to get off the couch.

The challenge:

Commit to an eight week weight loss challenge. You'll be assigned to a team, and your weight loss percentage will be measured on an individual and a team basis. The team with the highest loss percentage at the end of the eight weeks will be the winner. This is a TEAM effort. If you lose, your team wins! Your weekly progress will be updated on the leader board for all to see.

The requirements/rules:

1. You have to be willing to commit to the full eight weeks beginning 10 December 2012 and ending 28 January 2013.
  2. You have to be willing to commit to exercising a minimum of 4 x 30 minute sessions per week - the type of exercise is up to you!
  3. You have to be willing to check in and update your progress and weight at least weekly on Mondays.
  4. You have to be willing to share your weight and your height. (By PM if you are shy)
  5. You may not join if losing 1 lb / .5 kg per week will put you in an underweight category according to your BMI (check here) at the end of eight weeks.
  6. If you miss more than 2 weigh-ins, we will continue to track, but your loss will NOT contribute to your team's totals.

The prize:

A thinner waistline, a slimmer derriere, and the opportunity to bask in the glory of the winning team."

The challenge will not start until 10 December 2012.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am ready to keep off my weight through the holidays and start out 2013 weighing less than I do now.

#3 ·
Ooh ooh! I'm in. The last challenge helped me tremendously over Halloween and Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully, it will help me through Christmas.
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif

#4 ·
I'm out this time. I broke my leg and ankle playing hockey.
greensad.gif
It will probably be about 8 weeks before I can walk again. Twelve weeks before i can get back on the ice. I'm going to concentrate on better eating habits, since I can't exercise yet. Hopefully there will be a next challenge so I can join again.
smile.gif

#6 ·
Great C is for Cookie and nobodymove. Hopefully we can get a few more people to join in over the next few days.

Amanda, we will look forward to having you join us again in a few months once you are healed up.

#7 ·
Well, I will start out the morning - had a Christmas party last night. I guess i had too much salt. 248.2 pounds.

What is everyone else's initial weigh-in? Once I have the initial weigh-in I will split us up into teams.

#14 ·
otheramerica, nope, no digital scale required. I will wait until Thursday to post teams so everyone has a chance to join in by Wednesday, Dec. 12 if they want to.

Moving forward with weight loss is a good thing. Let's get that exercise going!

#16 ·
I would like to join this challenge. I participated in the first few, and lost over 60 lbs, but I got way off track over the stressful fall semester and regained about 20 lbs. So I am coming back with my tail between my legs. I'm 5'8", starting at 150.4
greensad.gif

#17 ·
bohemianmamma, just let me know once you have your scale.

dantesmama, welcome back.

#19 ·
Great! It looks like we have about 10 of us that want to push through the Christmas season and lose weight.

Let's see if anyone else signs up tonight and then tomorrow I will get our team listings and table on our thread.

#20 ·

Well here are the teams split up between the 10 of us for this go around. How is everyone doing with exercise? I have had two different days with my 30 minute bits of exercise. Walking has been going pretty well.

#21 ·
Looks great! Thanks for doing the teams!

Exercise is going well so far. I'm coming off of 2wks of rest for an ankle injury so it's nice to be active again. I might feel differently when it starts to snow here though...I have 30 Day Shred and that's all for indoor exercise. Curse Netflix for taking away all the watch instantly workouts!

#22 ·
I haven't made it to the gym yet this week... Tomorrow is boot camp, then spin, maybe power house. Saturday morning is weights, Sunday afternoon will be spin. now that my crazy semester is done, I can get back to 6 workouts a week.

#23 ·
I've been posting all my workouts in the workout accountability thread. So far so good...I'm still been doing my zumba and ujam. Due to my limits on expenses, I had to quit booty blast class. Oh well... I also kept at my p90x.

Since the xmas tree is being put up where I usually exercise (we have a small house with 5 people in it), I may have to switch a few exercises out. Idk, we'll see. lol.

#26 ·
Is spin class where you ride bicycles? I think I remember dmitrizmom talking about that.

Sounds like we are getting our exercise in. I did another nice walk with my DH today. It was the Children's Christmas Program from school so I was up talking photos for the yearbook and stooping and crawling around to get good photo shoots. I am sure my legs will yell at me tomorrow for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.