Dingos Run Walk Dance Box Pose bike and Swim into 2013 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 338 Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JG - my dh does that too; bla bla bla, and I swear the kid stopped listening 5 minutes ago. Im always telling him "black and white consequences, then apply if needed" but he still has this illusion that they can be reasoned with lol.gif

Bec - what a glorious trip. You deserve it after all that time w/out dh

mamajb - the weather is a real trigger for my motivation too, especially gloom (fog). Maybe you could tell yourself you're going for a walk but wear the right clothes in case you decide to pick up the pace, or tell yourself you'll go for "just" 20 minutes, and see what happens

Gaye - I hope everything got resolved. What a predictable pita!

RR: yeah, whatever

NRR: construction started today on the bathrooms. We have been gutting them slowly over the last 6 months, so they are ready for new stuff. The old was mauve tile and toilets, brass fixtures, silver streaked wallpaper, just to name a bit of the the gorgeousness that was happening. Not to mention the layer of ugly tile on top of wallpaper on top of CONCRETE. So that'll be nice but its a drag having people in my space hide.gif

Presentation today in one of my classes that I have been stressing about for 2 weeks. I hate presentations...

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#332 of 338 Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Hi ladies! I noticed Gaye and Lofty a bit behind too which helped me not feel so much of a slacker. smile.gif there has just been so.much.school. With my homeschooler! Then school safety assistant (can't call her nurse?) called that ds1 (8yo, 2nd grade) was very pale and came to her room with trash can in hand. Poor kid! This happened to him in December. So he stayed home today. I've been super tired since Friday, taking naps where you feel like part of the bed/couch when you wake up.

SPARKLE- amen to the fish oil comment!! smile.gif Fixes so many things for me. Mood swings, rage during PMS, sleep, night sweats, etc.

RR: been on track with runs and foot is really hurting me lately. JAYGEE-I so feel your frustration!! The friend I'm running the marathon with said her triathlon friend told her she doesn't have to start training until a couple of months before the marathon!!!! She's only running once a week now and she and her friend think she can just start busting out some mileage (friend suggested 20-30mpw) for a couple months?? Am I crazy for thinking that's not good physically??
#333 of 338 Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Hi ladies! I noticed Gaye and Lofty a bit behind too which helped me not feel so much of a slacker. smile.gif there has just been so.much.school. With my homeschooler! Then school safety assistant (can't call her nurse?) called that ds1 (8yo, 2nd grade) was very pale and came to her room with trash can in hand. Poor kid! This happened to him in December. So he stayed home today. I've been super tired since Friday, taking naps where you feel like part of the bed/couch when you wake up.

SPARKLE- amen to the fish oil comment!! smile.gif Fixes so many things for me. Mood swings, rage during PMS, sleep, night sweats, etc.

RR: been on track with runs and foot is really hurting me lately. JAYGEE-I so feel your frustration!! The friend I'm running the marathon with said her triathlon friend told her she doesn't have to start training until a couple of months before the marathon!!!! She's only running once a week now and she and her friend think she can just start busting out some mileage (friend suggested 20-30mpw) for a couple months?? Am I crazy for thinking that's not good physically??
#334 of 338 Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 PM

lisa~I would download or send links to several 16-18 week marathon training programs, highlighting the fact that they're 16-18 weeks. You *can* train for a marathon in a couple of months, but only if your base is already in place enough to allow it...like when I jumped off from my half-ironman into marathon training. She's asking for injury if she jumps from running 1x/week to 20-30 miles/week.

No call back from the HR director yet. irked.gif An email will be sent while I'm at work tonight, copying my manager on it. If I don't have a reply tomorrow, I'll go up the chain. I really, really, REALLY hate it when people do not call you back. One of my number one pet peeves. Pick up the freaking phone, people!

And just to make it even better, I got another letter from my HOA on the stupid satellite dish issue today, denying my request to approve its current placement. Oh, and also telling me not to bother submitting again, because they'll deny it again. So now, I get to spend my free time at the end of the week gathering evidence to send in for appeal (such as pictures of ALL the complexes near us that allow placements far worse than what I'm requesting, and pictures of people in our complex who have things hanging outside the boundaries of their balconies). Because I have all this free time right now.

And the topper on it all is that I had a horrible night at work last night and I have to go back tonight. It started off well enough, I was doing new baby admits, had a baby born to a super nice couple, and then I got switched to postpartum and had two babies that wouldn't eat, another that was on abstinence scoring because it was withdrawing and then had a crazy high bilirubin level that I had to start on phototherapy. Oh, and just for kicks, I had a fresh c-section and a postpartum hemorrhage. dizzy.gif On the bright side, my charge nurse gave me props for keeping my hemorrhaging patient on the toilet and not letting her fall (falls are a BIG deal...)...so that's something, I guess. rolleyes.gif

[/whinefest]

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#335 of 338 Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post

And the topper on it all is that I had a horrible night at work last night and I have to go back tonight. It started off well enough, I was doing new baby admits, had a baby born to a super nice couple, and then I got switched to postpartum and had two babies that wouldn't eat, another that was on abstinence scoring because it was withdrawing and then had a crazy high bilirubin level that I had to start on phototherapy. Oh, and just for kicks, I had a fresh c-section and a postpartum hemorrhage. dizzy.gif On the bright side, my charge nurse gave me props for keeping my hemorrhaging patient on the toilet and not letting her fall (falls are a BIG deal...)...so that's something, I guess. rolleyes.gif

[/whinefest]

I have so been there with the propping to stop a fall. Once with a woman half on and half off the bed, and the doc congratulating me for not letting her fall. Basically, when blood started pouring everywhere as she stood up, I threw her on the bed as well as I could. Not letting people fall usually saves paperwork, but when they bleed that much I have to fill out an incident report anyways. Good luck with the HR department. Red tape is so annoying!

RM, I think your friend is inviting an injury. I hope your ds feels better soon!

bec, your trip sounds wonderful!

NRR (because that's all there is!)- The IUD has been removed and the new one inserted. It wasn't an easy removal, but was managed in the office. It was only minorly uncomfortable. Yesterday also involved a pretty bad cold for my youngest, added trip to the chinese doctor, scrambling for childcare for today. Oh, and a job interview. Pending reference checks, I'm going to be teaching the health unit's prenatal-in-a-day class once a month biggrinbounce.gif I have not had the chance to deal with my neck/shoulder given the rest of the busy-ness, but had a video chat consult with my RMT sister with good suggestions for stretching and self-massage. I wish she could reach through the screen and massage me, though.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#336 of 338 Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 AM

So, MelW, you're still having good luck with the asthma situation?

Gaye, I cannot believe it took FS so long to get there. We have had packages arrive to my ILs in the High Atlas Mountains faster than that. Wow. I hope he was still in costume, and that the dirham came with him. I really hope people wake up and answer your queries about sending in your license info. That is not small potatoes.

RM, we aren't actually behind, but we are feeling the same pressure because we need to be ahead! I don't want anything hanging over our heads when we return for the summer, and I do NOT want to put off the return because we have exams and stuff. I want to be through everything, absolutely, by end of May. This is where I really like the calendar feature in K12, because I can play around with days off and check to see when the system predicts completion dates.

JayGee, I am just amazed how much relief I am getting from acupuncture. The last time the doc placed needles, they didn't hurt going in in all the spots, and I am getting good range of motion back. The shame is how little coverage there is in most insurance plans. For something so noninvasive and safe and low-cost. Sigh.

So ds is finishing up his paper today. Dd and I did some painting for art, copying Rembrandt sketches ROTFLMAO.gif. I'd forgotten how much fun I have drawing and painting. Our big goals for the day are to get that paper turned in, and to get ready for our big day in Dubai tomorrow. Snacks, drinks, etc. This cold is kicking my butt, but I think I am almost finished. We walked on the beach yesterday, and will probably again today, to do the cyanotype art we have been waiting to do. As soon as my head and chest clear, I am SO back to daily walking running. I feel like a blob.

#337 of 338 Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 AM

Jo-i was commenting on those who wrote they were behind on the thread like me, lol, although what you wrote about schooling that all sounds fantastic. I love that same feature of our homeschool curriculum as I was just moving around some assignments yesterday.

Gaye-sorry about all the stress and hope it's smooth sailing now! Thanks for the input re:friend. I told her *my* body wouldn't be able to handle what her friend was suggesting without injury. I also shared that I'd like to run closer to four hours than 6 because that's a LONG time to be running (and kudos to those that can run for SIX straight hours as well as those that can run über fast for 26.2 miles as I can do neither).

MelW-thanks for well wishes on ds3 and for input on friend. Hope your pains are gone soon!! Yay on teaching the class once a month. That sounds fun!

Ds3 is home again, barfed last night while I was at bible study. Didn't tell his dad because dad was in a bad mood. greensad.gif ds3 was texting me (on dad's phone) the entire time I was in study saying he was crying & needed me, so I left early. Poor thing!

RR: soo....is it okay to run if you have the runs? This is a low mile week (what do you call that-step down week? ) so it would only be four miles today.
#338 of 338 Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM

February thread is here!  Keep on running :).

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)

Tags
Weight Management , Fitness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page