Dingos Run Walk Dance Box Pose bike and Swim into 2013 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lofty, I am really sorry. hug2.gif Like you said, I think he will be OK, but he does need to be seen. goodvibes.gifFeel better, doggie.

#62 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM

greensad.gif Oh no, Lofty, poor pup! I'm so sorry for his terror and pain and for your upset. Please be reassured that he is now happy at home and that the pain and fear will be forgotten or have already been forgotten. I am sure that the vet will take care of those teeth in a jiffy. Maybe just soft food tomorrow and vet on Monday? I can tell that you are full of regret, but you had no way to know what would happen, and dogs have short memories. He's just happy you're home. grouphug.gif

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#63 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM

I'm so sorry for your pup, lofty. I'm glad you were able to talk to ND. hug.gif

We had a busy day, but I still managed to get practically nothing done. I guess I did get a lot of errands run, but didn't really get any unpacking or putting away done. There's still tomorrow, if I can dig up some motivation, I guess...

I did get the car washed, the grocery shopping done, took DS to get his hair cut, got a new screen cover for my phone (the old one was totally dinged up), and even found a pair of skinny jeans to spend some of my Christmas money on. I've been looking for over a year for a pair to wear with my riding boots. Thank you, Nordstrom Rack! So, I guess the day wasn't a total loss, just wish I could have gotten more done.

rr~Spin class. I was shocked that it was only half full. The first Saturday of the new year?? Really? Maybe they all knew that the least favorite of the instructors was subbing. Yep, bluegrass dude. It was actually one of his better playlists (only one actual bluegrass tune!), but he did a pretty crappy job of instructing. It seems like it's either one or the other for him, he can't put both good music AND good teaching together into one class. Oh well, it was still a decent hour's workout. I hopped on the treadmill after for a quick 20 minutes. Oh, and then DS and I rocked it out for a Wii dance party with Just Dance for about an hour and a half. You bet I'm counting that as a workout!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#64 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 PM

RR: Terrific run, just me and my boundless energy this morning. I awoke with the intention of running, then got waylaid by dh Sheepish.gif ...but when the kids got up I just told them Mom needed to get out and run or the day would be a very bad one for everyone. They had their tasks arranged and had (and still have) plenty to do, so I got a great-feeling run in, down along the Gulf. Ready now to take on the housecleaning and homeschooling, squeeze in some writing and Arabic learning, and take the kids out on bikes for PE later.

#65 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Dana!  That's so terrible!  Poor dog!  You must be frantic!  I am so so sorry that happened.  What a horrible end to your trip!  I guess I'd try to just pamper him with pate and loving until you can see someone. 

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#66 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM

Lofty--I am so so so very sorry. That shouldn't have happened. goodvibes.gif for your poor dog and all of you.

1jooj--hooray for the run and the boundless energy!

RR: got to the gym for about 30 minutes of weights. Meant to come home and run on the treadmill, but sat on my behind reading instead. eyesroll.gif

NRR: finished putting away Christmas stuff and it feels nice to reclaim the house.

Marathon training question: has anyone done the 4 months to a 4-hour marathon plan? It seems reasonable and includes a lot of cross-training (the real kind), and I'm thinking that will be easiest to manage between now and May.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#67 of 338 Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM

Lofty, thinking of your poor pup. Even as a blissfully pet-free person, I can't imagine leaving a scared dog chained up!

Thanks for all of the advice/support about getting a sitter for exercise while my husband is away. I will likely max out my kids sitter tolerance with early mornings for clinical teaching, but could probably swing a once a week childcare swap/"play date" for a run. Combined with weekly bootcamp and one climbing session plus whatever home exercises (I'm looking at you, chin up bar...) I should be able to keep myself sane. If the snow melts we can bike/run, too.

Kitchen-related- When househunting our initial 3 bedrooms and we don't care what else criteria soon changed to "there must be a window in front of the kitchen sink". We fell in love with our house because of the kitchen and I really like washing dishes while looking out in the backyard. Kitchen light is essential, and the mountain view is a bonus.

RR- Bootcamp last night. I was partnered with a much bigger man for the tractor pull run and he made me work hard. We tried to go climbing today but the wall was closed for a special event. I promised the kids tomorrow.

NRR- It's my first day off after 6 in a row working. I ignored a couple phone calls from staffing asking me to come in. Massive errand day, a rally/protest and some homeschool math. My daughter negotiated some new novels as a reward for ploughing through some math without whining. I'm not usually good at bribe/reward systems, but her offer was pretty irresistible.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#68 of 338 Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 AM

Lofty ~ your poor pup! I am so sorry that happened and hope ND could set your mind at ease until you can get him to the vet tomorrow.

MelW ~ what did you protest for today?! I'm curious. I totally agree about the kitchen window over the sink. I love looking out into the backyard while I'm washing dishes. Fortunately, our kitchen has a sliding door, so tons of light in there.

Jooj - loving the boundless energy! And the run!

RR - as much as I would LOVE to go for a run, I am probably better off listening to my doctor and not going until I have my back MRI. I will hopefully get out for a nice walk today though.

NRR - yesterday was the longest day in the history of long days. DS had a soccer game at 7:00am with a showtime of 6:30, half an hour away. Even though DH took him, I still woke up at 5:30 when DH's alarm went off. DD1 had Irish Dance at 8:00, horseback riding at 9:30, and DD2 had gymnastics at 10:00. Yes, I took them to all of those things because DH was with DS at the soccer game. We raced home at 11:30 and left again at 11:45 for DS's swim meet. I told DH he could stay home and I'd take the girls because he's had a cold and was super tired from getting up at 5:30 (nevermind that I got up then too). The swim meet lasted from 12:30-6:00! There were 10 teams there with about 100 swimmers each, plus parents, etc. crammed into a YMCA gym. The 4 of us literally had about 4 square feet to sit in for those 6 hours. DS had a good meet, especially for his first in the 11-12 agegroup. Some of those 12 year olds are FAST! and BIG! By the time we got home, DH had fortunately cooked dinner for me, and did all the cleanup and I crashed in front of the fireplace sometime around 8:30. I really don't like days like that. I would love to cut the activities, but where??? They all love the things they do. Sigh.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#69 of 338 Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

NRR - yesterday was the longest day in the history of long days. DS had a soccer game at 7:00am with a showtime of 6:30, half an hour away. Even though DH took him, I still woke up at 5:30 when DH's alarm went off. DD1 had Irish Dance at 8:00, horseback riding at 9:30, and DD2 had gymnastics at 10:00. Yes, I took them to all of those things because DH was with DS at the soccer game. We raced home at 11:30 and left again at 11:45 for DS's swim meet. I told DH he could stay home and I'd take the girls because he's had a cold and was super tired from getting up at 5:30 (nevermind that I got up then too). The swim meet lasted from 12:30-6:00! There were 10 teams there with about 100 swimmers each, plus parents, etc. crammed into a YMCA gym. The 4 of us literally had about 4 square feet to sit in for those 6 hours. DS had a good meet, especially for his first in the 11-12 agegroup. Some of those 12 year olds are FAST! and BIG! By the time we got home, DH had fortunately cooked dinner for me, and did all the cleanup and I crashed in front of the fireplace sometime around 8:30. I really don't like days like that. I would love to cut the activities, but where??? They all love the things they do. Sigh.

jaw.gif

I promise never to complain about my measly activities, because I don't think I have ever even heard of a day like that one. Thank goodness your DH made dinner! When is your MRI scheduled?

Jo, how wonderful to hear those words coming from your DH! It's just nice to feel in sync with your partner - I love those moments, and it definitely helps make up for the other, out-of-sync times.

MelW and Geo, I'm with you guys on the natural light in the kitchen. I would rather not block that window, if there was any way around it.

I would dearly love to have a mudroom some day, because my laundry room is a mudroom of sorts now, but closet sized, and sometimes there are so many shoes and raincoats and dog paraphernalia that I can't even get to the washing machine.

RR: Yesterday and the day before, I did a workout on the bike trainer followed by a treadmill run. At home, a treadmill! Yes, I got one for Christmas! Well, DH got one for the family, because he and my oldest DD will benefit from it, too. Even though I'm not a huge fan of treadmills, it was nice to get a good workout done at home while the kids played.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#70 of 338 Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM

JayGee, your day sounds overwhelmingly long. I hope you get some rest today!!

It was an Idle No More rally in support of First Nations treaty rights (among other things). My local member of parliament (roughly equal to congressman) is also the federal minister of aboriginal affairs, so it feels even more important to me to go out in support. We went to a rally last week, too, and were fortunate to see a very inspiring 11 year old speak: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tH5Er9y4A4U&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtH5Er9y4A4U

Mel, like you I'm not a big treadmill fan, but I'm still jealous. It would make exercise a bit easier some days.

#71 of 338 Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Hey Dingos.  Hoping that everyone is working into a great new year.  Prayers for those that need them, hugs too.  Hoping puppy heals ok.

Was wondering if any of you set mileage goals for the year yet?  I'm trying to stay realistic for a (relatively) new runner... I'm planning on monthly runs/tris to keep me motivated and moving.  I will be doing a 1/2 marathon sometime this year (early summer?).  Suggestions for training (other than run orngtongue.gif)?   I'm setting my tentative goal at 500 miles for the year...

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#72 of 338 Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM

melw~You worked 6 in a row! Holy cow! I'm exhausted after 3, I can't imagine doing double that.

jaygee~Your long day makes my head spin. dizzy.gif

dimitriz~I think 500 miles is very doable. Even with my extremely down year, I ran nearly 600 miles last year, and that was with 6 months where I didn't get over 40 miles for the month. I tend to not set mileage goals, although some year, I would like to hit 1000 miles running. I did get over 1000 miles combined last year, which I think was down like 700 miles from 2011. bag.gif

Well, the suitcases are still not fully unpacked and put away, but I did get motivated and got all the Christmas decorations taken down and put away and then vacuumed up all the crap left behind by the process. DS was actually a big help, although he had several moments of trying to help and accomplishing the opposite instead. smile.gif Unfortunately, about 10 minutes before dinner was ready, he started throwing up, so I ended up eating it all by myself. greensad.gif It was a really tasty pinterest recipe, too. Oh well, lots of leftovers, I guess. I have no idea what the cause of the puking is, but I'm hoping it's just a random upset tummy, since we're supposed to go skiing tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

rr~Sunday spin. Hooray for good instructors! With good music! AND a good workout! It was the trifecta, lol. We mostly did some speed intervals with increasing resistance. It was tough, in that awesome kind of way.

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#73 of 338 Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 PM

tjsmama, hooray for the spin trifecta! I only kind of worked 6 in a row, and it was between two jobs. I did 12 hour nights on the 30th and 31st (and technically into the morning of the 1st, so I counted that day), then did 8 hour days clinical teaching on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I don't think I could do 6 in a row at the hospital. When I was young and kid-less I used to pick up an extra night of overtime on my 12 hour DDNN rotation, but now I wonder how I ever did it. I usually just work one shift a week at the hospital. That's enough insanity for me...

dimitrizmom, I have no idea about the mileage since I don't track regularly. I love the monthly run/tri plan. My only half training advice is to run as close to race conditions as possible for training. I have only done one half, and trained on the trails for a road race which was a very big mistake according to my hip.

RR- We hit the climbing wall today and it was awesome!! There were a bunch of guys there replacing all of the ropes, so it was cool to see some skilled climbers up at the very top. It also meant that there were enough people there for me to learn to belay and to give the kids a bunch of climbs. To top it off I finally climbed the route that I've been unsuccessful with several times in a row now. My arms are sore but otherwise I'm feeling good.

NRR- I got a ton of student letters/work done this evening, but not my grad school applications. They're close to ready to go, so I'm hoping to hit the submit button this week, at least on the two top choices that have Feb 1 deadlines. The 3rd choice is March 1st and I haven't done any writing for it yet.

#74 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 AM

MelW - that climbing day sounds like so much fun! I wish we had one near to us here.

tjsmama - hope DS isn't sick. Good for you for coming home and getting so much done!

DM - 500 miles sounds really do-able. I tracked one year and hit about 750 with a not-too-difficult schedule. I think that is a great goal!

Mel38 - even though I loathe treadmill running too, I think it would be great to have one at home for those days I don't have the time to go to the Y or a babysitter to run outside.

RR - nice, long, decompressing walk for 45 minutes. Ahhhh.... just what I needed!

NRR - the kids went back to school this morning. I think they were ready to go. DD1 was so excited, actually! I am headed in to the library to put up bulletin boards and make my January book displays this morning. Ready to get back to "work".

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#75 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Ahh, back to school.  I was so looking forward to this morning. loveeyes.gif Only yesterday I got home from work to find Alison with a fever and then at 3 am she threw up. shake.gif Miraculously she chirped out that she needed to get to the bathroom and dh swooped her up and got her to the toilet before anything happened (she, of course, was in our bed).  I'm hoping that whenever she wakes up she will be feeling fine and be able to head back to school tomorrow.

Poppy - Sending healthy boob vibes towards you!

And the invalid is awake.  I'll come back later, I hope! 

#76 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM

No skiing for us today. greensad.gif No puke since 11pm last night, but he's just tired this morning, so I didn't want to take him up and have him poop out in the middle of the lesson. Not to mention that he's still afraid to eat, so he hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast yesterday. Poor kiddo. And poor me, too. I was really looking forward to skiing today! And now I can't even get a workout in, since we're going to be laying low today.

plady~Hope A is feeling better today, too! I will say, this was the first time T had thrown up in a few years, and it is very nice when they're old enough to tell you that they're going to throw up AND make it to a sink or toilet in time. He even was able to use the bucket I left by his bed for the 11p episode last night!

poppy~goodvibes.gif

#77 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Gaye - hooray for the trifecta!

Jo - blush.gif about Dh giving your parents what-for lol.gif WTG Dh

MelW - joy.gif for a good climbing day, for getting belay certified, and for being nearly done with apps.

Mel38 - joy.gif for the TM, even if you arent a TM person, just for the fact that it's great to have as a fall-back.

JG - Glad you got a walk in! How's the leg? When do you get the MRI results

Poppy - waiting for good news.....

Plady - omg, I dont think I would have been so ho-hum about it if my dd didnt go to school today. I feel like Ive been holding my breath for 2 1/2 weeks, isnt that awful

RR: Yes, the kids are back in school, and mommy will play joy.gif Bike/Run-Walk-Run for 67 minutes. This is literally the first work-out in months, and boy did it feel that way. I felt weak, and feeble, and then there was the ass flapping like saloon doors on the TM. Sigh. lol.gif But, looking forward to getting strong again

NRR: Had DD2's birthday party yesterday at a pottery-painting place (you choose a piece, paint it, they fire it). So we had a little room with 7 5 year olds (luxlove.gif). Now I feel like I can start the new year. Between Oct. 3 (DD1's bday) and Jan. 3 (DD2's) we have 3 birthday parties, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years - all in 3 mos. Whew!

Now off to finish my application for TA-ing next year.

We leave for AZ (family road trip) on Friday for DD1 to compete in Bouldering Divisionals (our "Division" is NM, CO, AZ, UT, CA). If she does well, she could go on to Nationals, which are in CO Springs in Feb. loveeyes.gif Anyone for a possible run in the Garden of the Gods? Just sayin' (Im laughing that the only two people who might actually do that are Real and Gaye - as if I could run with them biglaugh.gif)

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#78 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM

sparkle--it just depends on when, and on what the weather is doing. I'd love to run Garden of the Gods, but I'm not so sure I want to run it in February. (Not sure I want to run the half-mary I have in February either, but at least it's a short drive that eliminates my excuses....)

JayGee--Wow on your busy day. I can't imagine!

tjsmama--sorry about the bug. I've heard it's been going round.

Plady--sorry about your sick little one too. most of those are just 24-hour things so hopefully she'll be ready tomorrow.

RR: none yet, but 4 yesterday.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#79 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM

I've been reading along from my phone but not really posting because, well, it's a pain from the phone. LOL

I came on quick to see if there was any news from poppy. Sending lots of good news vibes out into the universe today!!

Lofty - how's the doggy?

Plady - I hope DD is better soon. We had the flu when DH was out of town. I'll spare details but I hope yours is nothing like ours.

We went for a family hike on our land yesterday and I'm looking forward to more outside time this week as it warms up and the sun shines. smile.gif

Today has been full of cleaning, homeschool time, and while I'm nursing down Aiden now I have some bread baking in the crockpot. It's a trial but I hope it's good.

Much LOVE Dingos!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#80 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM

Hey ladies! The dog is definitely better and it is not as bad as I feared! His teeth only looked damaged (smaller, broken, missing) because his gum was so swollen! The bleeding that we thought was coming from his mouth was coming from a puncture wound below his jaw. So I'm relieved to know he wasn't so terrified he was trying to chew through a chain but baffled at how he could've gotten punctured (dh says it's about the size of a pencil or a knife) while on a chain. He's been on antibiotic for 2 days (thanks, ND, for your help) and is eating yogurt and soft foods until he heals. He's going to be okay and I can feel my nerves slowly settling. I have been uber-tense.

I'm starting off my new year's resolutions and the second semester to a massive failure. I just overbook, I think, and don't fully take into account how long things actually take. I worked for hours last night planning this week and the month but ds2 was sick during the night (just a fever which broke but which kept me awake) and then the vet visit and I don't know what. It's 1:40 here and all I've managed to do is start the kids on their assigned reading. No math. No writing. And it's not going to happen since they still need to practice music, do some chores and I need quiet time and a run and some yoga. And then boom, the day will be done. Oh and the kids I watch will be here. Sigh. Maybe this year's goal should focus on being realistic with my time.

RR: I would really like to try a trail race and there is one coming up in April. I think the drive is 2 hours away. They have a 50K, 25K and a 10K. Then 10K should be do-able. Don't laugh. I just want to have fun and I love almost nothing more than being in the east Texas woods in the springtime and before the mosquitoes and underbrush explode. So I think of it as a scenic run with the possibility of a longer one in the Fall. So,

Mel would you put me down for the Hog's Hunt Trail Run, 10K on April 13, 2013?

Poppy, how are you?

Plady, greensad.gif So sad A is sick. Tell her the big boy brothers said, "Feel better soon."

Tjsmama, Hope your ds is better soon and you can get a ski in!

JenLove, hope your new year's goals are starting off better than mine. I get an F so far!

JG, yay for back to school. I can relate even if mine are at home. That was one heck of a day last Sat.

Jo, good for dh! clap.gif

Sparkle, ds1 is jealous of the Bouldering Competition. I think even he is thinking it might be cool to live somewhere else.

Crossing my fingers for both a yoga workout (new dvd) and a run today. Anyone have a quick rec for race prep? 10K's not much but it would be nice to look at a program and I've given away all my old training books.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#81 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM

reading along. no real goals to think of yet for the year. still trying to clean up my work load from last year.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#82 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletruck View Post

Plady - omg, I dont think I would have been so ho-hum about it if my dd didnt go to school today.

I was choking back tears.  I had such plans. Sad to say she's no better, her fever keeps right on even after a dose of vit I and she's napping voluntarily.  Not looking good for tomorrow either.
Lofty - Glad to hear doggy's prognosis is good.  What an awful upset for all of you though.  I think your schedule would probably work fine if everything and everyone would just cooperate, right?  winky.gif
Poppy - Hoping you're just off busy celebrating somewhere.
Gaye - Hope ds is feeling better!

#83 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM

wave.gif

no news (is good news, right?)

I have a feeling I won't hear until tomorrow, which is when my doctor is back in. I will likely call them in an hour or so, but they already told me I may not hear until he is back. Still totally confident, though. Really and truly.

Thanks for the continued good vibes!!

ETA: they just called, everything is fine! See, those dingo vibes are nothing to trifle with. treehugger.gif

THANK YOU ladies!!
Realrellim and tjsmama like this.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#84 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM

DD1 came home from school sick today, crap.gif and not b/c she came home but b/c she has a big comp. in 4 days! How do you get someone over the flu FAST lol.gifdisappointed.gif Is it so wrong that I'm thinking of dosing her with ibuprofen and [a little] coffee! on Saturday bag.gif (let the doping begin lol.gifdisappointed.gif)

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#85 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM

just checking in for all the good news-
poppy, I am so relieved for you.
lofty, glad your pup will be all right and I hope the boys cooperated.
sparkle, dose her up with all sorts of vitamins and probiotics. keep her hydrated and fed. Convince her she is well and it shall be. fingersx.gif

We got everything on the day's agenda done in a timely fashion including science experiments. I feel like a rock star. Sort of. Dd2, 10 in Feb, has been throwing toddler style tantrums lately. We made it 3 hours straight without a fit or outburst - a record. I am having to get in her face and nip them in the bud. Simply calling her attention to the ugliness didn't quite cut it. Then they scootered along until she convinced me and the random passers-by that she fell and broke her arm. She appeared to have landed on her hand and was holding her arm just above the wrist. I got her inside so I could ice and evaluate. After setting her up with ice I went out to clean up the toys and calm myself down. I came in to find her fighting with a water bottle with both arms/hands. Verdict: her arm is fine. eyesroll.gif The girls are in the fenced backyard eating mint, rosemary, macadamia nuts and perhaps thyme. If they come in before dark I might cry.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#86 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM

YAYYYY POPPY!!!!

energy.gif

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#87 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM

Hooray, Poppy!!!!

mommajb, I hope for your sake the kids stay outside. Kudos on accomplishing everything on he agenda.

Lofty, your MDC nickname suggests something about how high you set the bar for accomplishments wink1.gif I like the Vancouver Sun Run training programs: they have a beginner 10k and a run faster 10k plan. They are 13 week plans, so probably perfect timing for you.
http://www.vancouversun.com/2012sunrun/pdf/InTrainingGuide2012.pdf

Plady, sparkle and tjsmama, sending quick healing vibes to all of your kids.

I have been out almost all day with the kids, including a two hour work meeting over lunch (they had a feast and left us alone for most of the first hour, thankfully). I accomplished a lot of errands and "to do" list stuff and made it home in time to take down the Christmas lights before dark (we're up to almost 8 1/2 hours of daylight again!!). Now to tackle the breakfast dishes while the youngest draws a mural of dinosaurs and the oldest works on math. She finished enough to get her first reward novel last night, but stayed up and read the whole thing in one night.

#88 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 PM

poppy, so very pleased and relieved. Now you can heal in peace, plus the cyst is gone, right? Good news!

I'll spare everyone the rest of what I thought I had to say. Really. I think it's getting to be time for this mama to get away for a few days. Doesn't help entirely to get together with everyone else after winter break and hear about 6 different destinations and family trips. I'm happy for them, but I do wish dh's work would calm down enough for us to take a week and go.

#89 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM

This evening I realized it is not the tantrums and fits from her - it is the steady state of rudeness that the fits interrupt that is killing me.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#90 of 338 Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM

YAY POPPY! joy.gif

Oh MommaJB, you are too kind. Mint, rosemary, thyme & nuts!? Generous! wink1.gif Awesome day accomplishing your tasks. Maybe it's tough getting back into the saddle. I fell off and busted myself up big time!

I did manage to salvage a bit of the day if you count the 2 hours of quiet time I schedule and the huge progress in their assigned reading and music. I realized I could call it a teacher's conference day (that would be me conferencing with me) and just start tomorrow. But I am working on a schedule that gives me the time I need to read & run, write & weights or everything will just be meh-quality.

Thank you, Mel. That schedule is just what I need! eta: Actually, it's perfect! The program ends one week after my race but since it doesn't start for 2 weeks, I can bump the whole thing up a week early and follow it exactly. Three days a week. I can do this. Thanks! thumb.gif

No run today. No yoga. No weights. I've only been out once since my run with Plady. I am feeling blobby. Tomorrow, something. fingersx.gif

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net

Tags
Weight Management , Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page