Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

~~~~~~~~~~~~jog.gif~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the January 2013 Dingo thread. run.gif

New visitors to the Dingo Thread may ask, "but, what is a Dingo?"

Dingoes are mamas (defined loosely, when needed) who run, walk, cycle, tri, and participate in whatever sport they need to sustain their awesome mama selves in lives that are definitely dynamic. Sometimes, a Dingo is injured, or life takes a turn, and she has to take a break from her chosen sport. Whether active or aspiring, Dingoes support one another in spirit. When two Dingoes are in the same place at the same time, something incredibly special happens. This is called a Dingo Meetup. They are relatively rare, and so we try to record them with photographic evidence.

Are you a Dingo? You just might be, if:

You sometimes perform acts of brilliance in order to squeeze a workout into a busy week.

You're never ashamed of coming in at the back of the pack, even if you're used to coming in faster.

You have found yourself sincerely respecting and admiring moms in all forms, observing how they're doing it for love, and growing from their experiences as well as your own

You won't know until you try, and all comers are welcome.

coolshine.gif Happy New Year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Jo for the perky opening/mission statement! 

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Lofty - I'm sitting at my desk bathed in sunlight this morning.  I'm so sad we couldn't get it out for you, but you'll come back and see for yourself in a dry season! 

MelW - We waved up in your direction btw.

JayGee - That clean-up sounds just like something we would do!  Really the only reason we didn't have a day like that yesterday was because all my partying finally caught up with me and I was zonked all day until I had to go guard the open swim (which was INSANE).  I love the hike in the snow though, it sounds gorgeous and I'd have wanted to stay outside too.

Today is also our Day 1 of no sugar/no grain for all of us.  I'd like to see the extra pudge burn off of us and also reap the mood benefits for all.  Let's help each other stay on track!

Mommajb - Yeah, I would imagine you get lots of moments when you've had it up to here and beyond.  The girls and I are getting psyched for our trip!  We've booked a stay in someone's RV since my cousin's place is super tiny and her boys are really big (too big for sleepovers with little girls).  I think it's actually quite near you.  I'll map it all out and we can make a plan.

Poppy - Thinking of you and wishing A wasn't half a world away tomorrow.  Don't forget that we're all with you.

Last night we did a little solstice ritual, writing down things we want to release for the next year and things we want to invite in on little slips of paper and then threw them into the woodstove with a little prayer.  Health and happiness for all of us were sent out to the universe.

Geo, Shanti, Gaye, Sparkle, Kerc, Jennie, Mel38, Nic, Bec, RM, Jo, Real, Knittermama, Dmitrizmom - Sending love and happy thoughts to each of you!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 AM

Subbing & happy 2013! champagne.gif

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Happy new year dingoes! Only the youngest of our boys was able to make it til midnight and the three of us had a blast playing UNO. Ds3 wond something like 7 put of ten times, it was so funny. It's the first time he's played too. Ds1 asked why I didn't wake him up at midnight, but I tried. Ds2 doesn't remember me waking him up and him sitting by the fire then going back to bed before the ball dropped. Good memories.

RR: I don't think I'm running today but I haven't ruled it out yet, lol. I made a training plan for the mini marathon in may that has me running today, but I think it will be fine if I skip this one and just chill with family before hubby goes back to work tomorrow.

Jenlove- so thrilled that Tripod came home! If only he could tell us where he's been all this time we've been worried, lol!

Plady and lofty, so happy you had a great visit!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM

Happy 2013!!

I like Treasure Mapping for all the reasons you all are describing: cleaning, recalibrating, starting fresh with goals and purpose. But I like the TM b/c it happens in the Spring, just as everything is beginning again. It's hard for me to feel a fresh start in the dead of winter, especially when yesterday we had a big (for us ~3 inches that stuck) windy storm cold.gif Today it is clear and sunny. I have been very productive (vacuumed, mopped, dishes, laundry, dog-poop pick-up [and after a week away, that's saying something], dog walk, dog grooming). You'll note that there is no RR in there disappointed.gif Dh has the next few days off though, so there is hope that something in the RR dept. will be taking place this week ... for the first time in months. Seems like the right time of year

blowkiss.gif

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM

Plady, Would you want to stay here? We have space and would welcome you with open arms and lots of little girls. stillheart.gif

I tried explaining taking stock, setting goals, and making a plan to my children but they are pretty sure they like themselves the way they are so I am the only one doing any of that today. eyesroll.gif After a run and some eggs we are finally writing Christmas thank you notes. Tomorrow the dentist. We are ringing in the new year in style!

My new years wish for the dingos is for happiness, healthfulness, and forward motion both on and off the roads!

run.gif <--- a dingo meetup with runningmommy leading us all around

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

A DIngo meetup sounds amazing. There is no way I can manage it this year but just reading about them when they happen makes me happy! grouphug.gif

Can't say I am sad to have 2012 behind me. This new year is breaking my heart already but there are 364 days in front of me still full of hope, possibility and friendship. And yarn, lots of it. And many books to study and degrees to complete and start - somehow I have to make all of that happen no matter what else is going on or how I feel. This time next year I want to be working on my master's degree - the play therapy program is going to have to wait until 2014. This year would have been perfect but since conditions at home aren't perfect, later is just fine. 

flowersforyou.gif Happy New Year, lovely dingo mamas flowersforyou.gif

Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 PM

Yay, a shiny new thread for a shiny new year! joy.gif

I literally ran in the New Year at last night's 5k. It was fun! Definitely not your normal 5k, ha! I met my sister and BIL and their friends for dinner and a movie first. We saw Lincoln (verdict; not bad, a little slow in parts, but overall a decent flick) and then went to the Elephant Bar (verdict: meh, it was ok). I probably should have stuck to the fried food versus trying to eat light with a salad that then gave me a stomachache, but oh well. orngtongue.gif It was a fairly small race, about 300 people, and for $17 we got the race and a long sleeve tech t! The info said there were medals, too, but none made an appearance last night. Hmm. I mean, I thought it was weird that a 5k would be giving out medals, but they advertised it! It was, of course, cold and dark, and kind of slippery from the light snow that had been falling and the fact that the temperature was hovering right at 32 degrees. The course was an out and back, with the first half mile or so through a neighborhood before we hit a rails to trails trail for a mile. It was, in true NW Ohio fashion, flat as a pancake, which made it all the more painful at the end. See, when a course is that flat, you can see waaaaaaaay off in the distance and things that look like they should be close, are actually far away. orngbiggrin.gif It was pretty dark, but there was actually some moonlight peeking through the clouds, and the turns were marked by police cars with lights flashing. While I didn't hit my original goal of 9 min pace, I did pretty well, considering the lack of exercise for the past two weeks. Only about 15 seconds slower than my 5k at the beginning of November. My official time was 29:14, garmin time 29:05. And then my stepniece pulled out her fuel belt at the finish, which she had filled with champagne. Even after being jostled for 5k, it was a very nice finish line toast!

And now we have left behind NW Ohio and moved on to Cincinnati for the duration of our trip. I dropped DS off at XH's so he can work on his pinewood derby car, and MIL and I are contemplating our plans for the evening. We are thinking Skyline chili and then a movie, possibly Les Mis.

Happy New Year to all my beloved dingo(e)s...may 2013 be filled with love, light, and laughter, and lots of miles! grouphug.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Happy New Years!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM

Hi, Dingoes! I'd like to join you again if that's ok. I think I posted a few times last year, but I haven't really been around MDC for a while. I ran my first half last May and hardly ran since then, but I sent in my registration already for this year, so it's time for me to get serious about running again.
I'm starting the Whole 30 on Sunday (I think I saw that Jo is doing it to from when I was lurking a bit last month?) as a birthday present to myself. I've had acne to some extent since puberty hit twenty years ago, and I'm hoping that cutting out the grains, dairy, and sugar will finally clear that up. I also get some nasty blood sugar mood swings that I really want to get under control.

Here's to a healthy and fit 2013!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Happy 2013 everyone! 

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:28 PM

Happy 2013 everyone!

I wish all my Dingo friends light, love, warmth, happiness, peace, and a smooth road ahead. blowkiss.gif

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Happy 2013 Dingoes! champagne.gif

Plady-thanks SO much for the thoughts and good vibes. Definitely not looking forward to tomorrow, and while it does indeed suck that A is halfway around the world, he would not go unless I was cool with it. I am so convinced that this is a non-issue, and kind of just a nuisance to deal with, that I told him he should go and not worry about it. He hates that he is there right now, for sure. I LOVE the pictures of you and lofty. Oh I would have loved to be there.

RR: I am starting the half training now for the Oakland half at end of March. I will be set back by a few days, due to soreness, but I feel like this week would be OK. It's early in training yet. Meanwhile, I have really been digging yoga as a cross-training, recovery activity. I asked for a 3 month subscription to yogaglo and am loving it (Monikita is the one who turned me on to it). There is one teacher on there in particular that is more sports oriented, while still being mindful and "ohm" and all that. lol.gif

My procedure is at 8:30am tomorrow - will keep my lovely ladies here posted on any news!

Wishing all of us happiness, health and inner strength for the year to come. Let's make this a great year! blowkiss.gif

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 PM

Happy New Year, Lovely Dingo Ladies. flowersforyou.gif I ended the year on just the right note - hanging out with wonderful Plady. Her company is like a warm fuzzy blanket. Would be great to see at least one dingo a year so I'll have to take a close look at our travel schedule soon. We left her house so early (5:30 am) and got out of our car just as the clock struck midnight. Looong day. Rescued our dog from my uncle's house. Drove 2 hours to get cat from mom's and accidentally locked my keys in the car. duh.gif So it's not been a restful start to the year but I plan to amend that... soon. I may need to take an extra week off from school just to pull myself, my kids and my head together.

On a running note, I bought a new pair of Vibrams and I CAN. NOT. BELIEVE. THE. DIFFERENCE. WOW! So my last pair is about 3 years old, still in good shape except for a few small holes on the toe. They are the Mary Jane style and very thin. While running in Seattle, my feet were soaked as soon as they touched the ground and numb and painful after an hour. So I found a store with Vibrams on sale for 40% off and tried on a style that felt more like wetsuit material - so super soft and cushy, they make my previous style seem a bit scratchy. They are So Fabulous. Seriously. I ran on wet ground and my feet stayed dry the entire time. Plus I just feel so springy in them. Anyway. Serious shoe love here.

Poppy, you are on my mind and in my heart. Thinking of you tomorrow. goodvibes.gif

Plady, thank you for everything - the fabulous food - the super-comfy guest room - and all that love. Love you. Love your family. Those girls are AWESOME. I miss them already. Crazy how it felt like we hadn't missed a beat. heartbeat.gif

Tjsmama, great race report! thumb.gif I just love how well you get along with x-il's. I had to do a little mediating today between my x-sil and my parents so they can all keep the peace. Sigh. How do you do it?

Mommajb, love that your kids think they're alright just like they are. You must be doing a lot right!

Sparkle, Ita re: TM. Fresh start in January has always felt a little weird to me. I very much need some more hibernation and look forward to Spring for a new year - which, I am just not ready for yet.

RM, sounds like my kinda New Year's Eve night. Games and sleepy kids.

JenLove, WELCOME HOME TRIPOD!!! What fabulous news. Like Runningmommy, I wonder what he's been up to.

Shanti, Jooj and Dingomoms everywhere: Love stillheart.gif light candle.gif and peace Rainbow.gif

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 AM

So much change ahead. I wish each and every single one of you an incredible and positive 2013. You deserve a beautiful year.

Sparkle, I am right there with you, already looking forward to TMing. I do have to admit that living on the edge of the tropics means I don't have the real winter doldrums this year. My only complaint (and it's lame) is the short daylight (which is still long compared to all of yours; thus, lame). I want to be outside all the time, and I just can't do that and also get both kids through their math and science and history and foreign languages.

But I am beginning to sort of abandon them to their studies here and there, slipping out for long walks while they are settled into something I know they can do for a good hour. It's not an enforced quiet time yet, but a step in the right direction. I am trying to explain to dd the value of thinking thoughts without always vocalizing them. I guess I am glad they feel so free to express themselves, but jeez.

So I think I walked about 6 miles yesterday, all told. I found the most excellent yet brand of coconut milk, nice coffees, jerky and drywors made without sugar or preservativesenergy.gif, and some exciting-looking vinegar at a grocery I almost never visit (longer walk). I am heading into the "kill everything" phase of W30. Am happy to report that staying away from most grains and sugar did make the "flu" a lot more bearable than last time I did this. 

And I dreamed this morning that it was the end of the world. Going to take that as a good omen. Here's to good ahead.

Speaking of, poppy, only good! We are all thinking of you and hoping for the very best of outcomes. Only good! goodvibes.giffingersx.gif grouphug.gif

Old 01-02-2013, 06:44 AM

blowkiss.gif

Trying to draw myself out of that funk that happens when you read stuff online too much. Also trying to get my act together and get my classes in order so Spring semester can be all about writing and not about writing lecture material an hour before I deliver it.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 AM

Happy New Year!

jog.gif 2013 Dingo Race List
:

mommajb - Tinkerbell Half, January 20, 2013

realrellim - Yeti Chase 10K, January 27, 2013

bec - Desert Classic Half Marathon, February 2, 2013

realrellim - Ralston Creek Half Marathon, February 10, 2013

poppywise - Oakland Half Marathon, March 24, 2013

Mel38 - Cooper River Bridge Run 10k, April 5, 2013

loftmama - Hog's Hunt Trail Run, 10K, April 13, 2013

bec - Kentucky Derby Marathon, April 27, 2013

bec - Indy Mini Marathon, May 4, 2013

realrellim - Colfax Marathon, May 19, 2013

Nickarolaberry - Vermont City Marathon, May 26, 2013

tjsmama - Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic Tri, June 22, 2013

Special dates:

candle.gif September 24, 2012  Annual Griffin Memorial 5k - where ever you may be that day, whether organized or solo, whether running, walking, cycling, meandering or otherwise, please hold Griffin Patrick (and all those born silently or too soon) in your hearts. stillheart.gif

Other places to find the Dingos:

: cooking blog :

knitting blog

We have a private Yahoo group. Submit a request to join and mention your MDC
username in the request so we know who you are.

We also have a private location map. Send a PM to eksmom to get info
and join up.

Why are we called the Dingos?
See this post

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 AM

run.gif2012 Dingo Race Results partytime.gif

realrellim - Yeti Chase 10K - January 28, 2012 - 53:24 (PR!)

realrellim - Ralston Creek Half Marathon - February 12, 2012 - 2:00:43

mommajb - 10k - March 17, 2012 - 59:??

doctorjen - Diva Dash 5k - March 25, 2012 - 24:55

Mel38 - Cooper River Bridge Run 10k - March 31, 2012 - 1:03:29 (PR)

realrellim - Redline 13.1 Westminster - April 7, 2012 - 1:57:56

bec - Reach out and Run 5k - April 21, 2012 - 42-ish (with 6yo DD!)

doctorjen - Rock the Parkway half marathon - April 14, 2012 - 1:56:49 (PR!)

Mel38 - TryCharleston Sprint triathlon - April 21, 2012 - 1:30:38

tjsmama - Cherry Creek Sneak 10 Miler - April 29, 2012 - 1:41:39

Mel38 - Hell Hole Swamp Gator Run 10k - May 5, 2012 - 1:02:45 (PR!)

bec - Indy Mini Half Marathon - May 5, 2012 - 2:47:22

realrellim - Miles for Moms 5k - May 5, 2012 - 25:12

Mel38 - Charleston Sprint Tri Series #1 - May 20, 2012 - 1:29:35

Nickarolaberry - Rubin Run Half Marathon - May 12, 2012 - 2:06:11

MelW - Gutbuster 12.5km - May 27, 2012 - 1:45:15

tjsmama - Boulder Bolder 10k - May 27, 2012 - 1:01:30

realrellim - Boulder Bolder 10k - May 27, 2012 - 1:01:29

realrellim - Steamboat Marathon - June 3, 2012 - 4:12:13

Dmitrizmom - MudRun - June 9, 2012 - 50:23.3

Mel38 - A.L.S. Hope 5k - June 9, 2012 - 26:41 (PR!)
Dmitrizmom - Ogden Fun Days BeHere 5K - June 16, 2012 - 36:23 (PR!!)

tjsmama - Loveland Lake to Lake triathlon (oly) - June 23, 2012 - 3:04:26

Mel38 - Charleston Sprint Tri Series #2 - June 17, 2012 - 1:26:19

realrellim - Run for Independence 5M - June 30, 2012 - 50:36

babybugmama - Champions4Children 5k - July 7, 2012 - 27:15

realrellim - Middle Park Half Marathon - July 7, 2012 - 1:58:23

Dmitrizmom - Iowa Games Triathlon - July 8, 2012 - 2:11:46

becRacine Half Ironman - July 15, 2012 - 8:02:12

tjsmamaCourage Classic Bike Tour - July 21-23, 2012

mel38 - Charleston Sprint Tri Series #4 - July 29, 2012 - 1:32:38

bec - Hog Jog 5k - August 4, 2012 -

tjsmama - Mudathlon, August 11, 2012 - 1:10:58

realrellim - Holy Cow Trail Stampede 10K - August 11, 2012 - 52:45 (PR!!)

tjsmama - USAT Age Group Nationals - August 18, 2012 - 3:35:25

Nickarolaberry - Providence (RI) Rock n Roll Half - August 19, 2012 - 2:06:23

bec - Pub Run 5k - August 25, 2012

Dmitrizmom - Pufferbilly 10k - September 8, 2012 - 1:06:31 (PR!!)

mel38 - Francis Marion Dirt Dash - September 8, 2012 - 2:27:18

tjsmama - Rock n Roll Denver Half Marathon - September 22, 2012 -

juvysen - Color me Rad 5k - September 22, 2012 -

juvysen - Wine Glass Half - September 30, 2012 -

mel38 - Isle of Palms Connector 10k, October 6, 2012 - 1:00:55 (PR!!)

doctorjen - Twin Cities Marathon - October 7, 2012

mel38 - Marine Corps Marathon - October 28, 2012 - 5:27:33
bec - Hot Chocolate 15k - October 27, 2012 - 1:51:43

tjsmama - New York City Marathon - November 4, 2012 - cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy gloomy.gif

Dmitrizmom - Chocolaterie Stamp 5k, November 4, 2012 - 35:01 (PR!!)

tjsmamaGalloping Gobbler 8 miler, November 22, 2012 - 1:23:35

kerc - Turkey Trot 5k - November 22, 2012 (PKR*)

nicarolaberry - Turkey Trot 5k - November 22, 2012 - 26:3? (PR!!)

realrellim - Superior Stocking Run 5K - December 8, 2012 - 25:25

Dmitrizmom - Jingle Bell Run 5K - December 9, 2012 - 35:31

tjsmama - Midnight NYE 5k - December 31, 2012 - 29:05

*Post Kid Record winky.gif

2010 Results

2011 Results

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 AM

Happy New Year!

I am so thankful to have such an amazing, inspiring, warm, smart and athletic bunch of friends in my life.

#1 Resolution: No more neglecting the race list bag.gif

#2 Resolution: Be a better dingo and check in more frequently winky.gif

wave.gifAnn15!! What is the race you are training for? I'll add that to the list.

Poppy - I'm thinking of you today. Like Jo says... only good. I am SO excited to hear that you are training for the Oakland HM! thumb.gif

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 AM

That list of 2012 races is impressive! Mel38, thanks for doing it. I just hope to be ON in for 2013, even if just for a 5K.

RR - rode the bike trainer for 30 minutes and did my PT exercises. The numbness is less, but still present. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the pain management doctor so hopefully she'll be able to shed some light on what is going on on there. I think they are going to ultrasound my piriformis to see if the sciatic nerve is somehow getting hung up in there.

NRR - DH is back to work today. I am taking all three kids for haircuts (Kay's is almost to her waist! It's time... even if she says it's not). We may or may not take the tree down. DS has a book report to work on. Thank you note writing is on the agenda. It's very cold, so it will be a mostly inside, at-home day.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 01-02-2013, 03:23 PM

You can put me down for the Vermont City Marathon on May 26th.

Gulp.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Quick swing by to sub for January.

Welcome back, Ann15!!

Thinking of you, poppy. May the process be smooth and low stress.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM

Kristin vs squash
Squash takes it for three stitches.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM

Kerc - we are having a day, huh? Ouch! Sorry you lost the battle round with the squash, but hoping you'll get 'em next time.

Thanks so much for all the kind thoughts and good vibes, ladies! It was an experience I won't soon forget, that is for sure. It's funny because I compare all pain now to the pain of childbirth, so it doesn't even come close. HOWEVER, I am not fond of having my breasts handled so much within a 2 hour time span by total strangers bigeyes.gif

Quick funny story: I was all set, the surgeon had just given me the spiel (what to expect, what to do, like no moving so he doesn't puncture my lung, etc). Then he meticulously starts to go through all the steps. I had my left arm above my shoulder while a wedge made me lay a little off center to my right side (so, left side up in the air, as it were). He cleans off the area with that brown stuff, gets the whole thing sterile, gives me two short anesthesia shots, then turns around to get the next set of shots. Since I knew I would be in that position for a while longer, I went to move my arm, because it was starting to ache, just so I would NOT move it while he had instruments in me, and he turns around right at that moment. He firmly says "Don't. Move.This is why I went through all of that in the beginning" I was so busted! What I really wanted to say was: "Yes, I remember the spiel, yes, I know you don't want to puncture my lung but you weren't sticking anything in me right at that moment! I thought I was OK right then to move just a tiny bit!" Instead what I said was "I'm sorry I'm so sorry!" surrender.gif He was all nono02.gif

Can I just say, though, that the ultrasound tech/nurse lady was so awesome. She was the same one who did the diagnostic ultrasound a few weeks ago, and I liked her then, so we had some time to chat and she's great. During the procedure when I made a little sound from pain, she held my hand and squeezed it. She's a mom (we talked about our kids) and I was like - yes, that is exactly what I would do and thank you!

Now that the numbing stuff has worn off, I feel the pain. It feels like I have been in a bar fight....not that I know what that is like. I feel like I have been pummeled.

Pathology should be back on Friday, but more likely on Monday. And so I wait! I am seriously so very sure that it will come back fine, I am not worried. Just another life experience down, I suppose.

THANK YOU AWESOME MAMAS for keeping me in your thoughts today. Those Dingo vibes are STRONG! blowkiss.gif

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM

Love you, Poppy! I'm so glad that experience is over and I'm ready for the results to be behind you, as well! Still sending the goodvibes.gifhearts.gif

Mel38, Thank you for that race list. Wow, it is so inspiring.

Dingos everywhere, I am in awe of you! bow.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post

I am trying to explain to dd the value of thinking thoughts without always vocalizing them. I guess I am glad they feel so free to express themselves, but jeez.
So could you share that explanation? I think this is just what one of mine could use.

Kristin, stitches? greensad.gif

No run today. Another crazy day. Wanted to start W30 - but actually I don't even know what that is. eyesroll.gif Well I guess I wanted to start a sugar-free, grains-free month but I have not had a chance to organize, orchestrate, plan anything nutritional yet. Returned home today after car debacle and pick up car from shop tomorrow. Good friend is popping in town Friday which is turning into a bit of a party. So, maybe next week? But what is W30 anyway?

RR: not yet but I can hardly wait to get back out in my new shoes. Maybe tomorrow afternoon if we are back from the "big city" before dark.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM

W30= Whole30= http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

Poppy, I'm glad everything went well today. Now I'll focus my healing energy on your cells in the lab.

Kerc, yikes!!! Where are the stitches?

NRR- First day of clinical teaching. I'm chugging along until Saturday, which will have been 6 days (or nights) straight of work. My youngest is unimpressed.

RR- Trying to work out an exercise plan for while husband is in Ireland. I considered joining a gym with child care, but the child care hours suck. I can do bootcamp and wall climbing, both once a week with kids there, but other than that I might be limited by what I can do at home. We might try some more kids bike/mum runs, but speed and distance are both limited by what a three year old (who is not keen on a stroller) can do.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Poppy - Sending happy healing energy towards your cells too.  I'm so glad it's so far so good and the biopsy wasn't a nightmare.

Lofty - lol.gif Love your enthusiasm for the mysterious W30!  We're off and running and the kids are tearing through the fruit.  I hope that that helps curb the withdrawal and doesn't totally invalidate any benefits.

Kerc - Poor finger!  It seems unfair to have to hold off on skiing for a finger issue. 

Nic - I admire you for throwing down that goal!  I'm sure it'll be completely gratifying.

Sparkle - Thinking of you as we devour Season 2 of Downton Abbey on hulu. 

RR: Nothing today, not sure about boxing tomorrow, I'm suddenly fighting a cough and I'm not sure that 90 minutes of killing myself is the right choice.  Any advice?

NRR: I had a totally stupid afternoon of DIY car maintenance.  I've been needing an oil change for months (and killed my last car by putting them off) so today I thought I'd go ahead and do it myself.  It was sunny, I had all the gear and back when I was in college I did it all the time.  So I crawl under the car and empty the transmission fluid. eyesroll.gif  Then I empty the oil, all is well, but then can't get the fricking filter off.  I tried everything I could come up with but in the end had to have dh come out and do it for me bag.gif.  It took hours though I'd only planned for minutes so all sorts of other things didn't happen, mainly promises to little girls to play. Next time, Jiffy Lube!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 AM

Looking forward to hearing an all-clear whistle, poppy. Beaming whatever I can muster. goodvibes.gif

kerc, of all the times of year! Noooooo! I hope you're a quick healer, and that you take whatever steps necessary to ensure that it does heal well enough before embarking. That sucks, mama. But I am glad you still have the finger.

Plady, we're DIYers too and I have been there, where a tiny job like a lightbulb turns into taking apart what feels like a full quarter of the car, and then fitting the damn thing back together is worse than a stupid rubik's cube. Anyway, I'm sure it still felt good to have it done. We obviously no longer have the tools or the space--and then oil disposal would be an issue, etc.--but dh found a place that does oil changes at a fraction of what we paid in Dubai. Man, what is up with Dubai?!

MelW, I think that 3yo age is just the hardest when it comes to working out. They are heavy to carry, they tend to have their own agenda, and of course you can't just tell them to be good and not answer the door for an hour while Mom raises her heart rate a little. But even once or twice a week will at least help until something more regular is possible again? Suit them up in snowsuits and...? I don't know. Those years were hard, and I know I relied on my husband to make the time possible for me. Babysitter?

Re: W30, I am already popping out a little less over the top of my jeans, so that's really good. Been super tired and sleeping a lot, but today walked to the gym with the kids for a short elliptical ride, followed by some ab work, then yoga and then the walk home. Just trying to keep it all moving and stretching until my endocrine self catches up with my superego. Was knees straight and flat palms on the ground easy, first try, today, so I am not making this stuff up. Now roasting a couple pans of vegetables, with potatoes on one side for my starch-eaters. I'm having cauliflower and carrots with my sausages and rocket salad.

It's official back to school online, and I think the kids IRL here go back Sunday. It will be nice to have the outdoors to ourselves again (ourselves + tourists) in a few days. And I am feeling an itch to run, so I hope to report a real-live, both-feet-off-the-ground-at-once gait in the coming days. Long time coming.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM

I was curious, too, about W30... until I read that I would have to give up my red wine. disappointed.gif Not gonna happen. lol.gif But seriously, I did re-read the website and am making changes to my diet for the new year. Mostly no refined sugar and limited grains. Not W30 by any stretch, but it gives me some structure to my diet that I sorely need after the holidays. Strange, but I feel immediately better when I tell myself that I'm just not eating such-and-such.

Jo, AD sounds so much better in so many ways than Dubai! So glad to hear it.

Poppy, I hope you are feeling good today and have no pain from the procedure. It sounds uncomfortable! Jeez, I would call that a rather brusque bedside manner. Glad you can laugh about it, I would probably have been all peeved the whole time. irked.gif How nice that the tech was the same one and was such a good comfort-giver. I love that how some people in the medical field just seem to know when someone needs a touch or a kind word.

Kerc, ouch, no! I hope it heals quickly.

Plady. clap.gifdiy oil change (and transmission fluid, too!) You truly rock!

MelW, It is hard fitting in workouts with little ones. Is there any chance of finding a teen willing to come over for a while after school so you can leave the house for an hour or 90 min?

Lofty, what new shoes did you get? I missed that. I'm looking for something new.

Nick, got you down for Vermont City blowkiss.gif

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

No time to post the personals I want to but sending lots of hearts.gif to everyone  blowkiss.gif

Tags
Weight Management , Fitness
User Tag List