Any family friendly active/outdoorsy sites? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any recommendations for websites, groups, blogs, magazines, etc that focus on being an active family. I'm not looking for weight loss or schedued runs for me or such, but more inspiration for doing sporty stuff with kids. We're biking, hiking, skiing, kayaking types and I know we're not the only ones, but this is my first kid and I'm having a hard time finding like minding people or inspiration.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

Have you checked your state and national park websites? Depending on your area, there will be trail maps for hiking, water-oriented parks for boating and swimming, and possibly an activity schedule for park cleanups and other group activities. The public nature parks of the US are among the best in the world.

Something as simple as a regular walk after dinner or a Sunday afternoon hike can be very rewarding. Lawn games can also be easy and lifelong interest. Simply playing outdoors in the evening are my best memories of childhood.

If you have been active without children you may find that life slows down a great deal for about a decade and a half. Maybe your cravings for activity can also be met through private time with your partner.

Tags
Fitness

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page