How does this weight loss plan look to you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, Im done having kids- for a bit anyway. I've birthed 4 kids in under three years, and it has taken a toll on my body. I started out a bit overweight anyway, and after three pregnancies I need to lose about 30 lbs. Anyway, I've never been dedicated enough, or really been on any kind of diet/exercise that actually helped me to lose weight. I had GD and was pregnant with twins, so Ive been eating a low carb/high protein diet for several months, so I was thinking that I could just stick with it. I did have some success with C25K before, and I think I can do it again. 

I'm 5'0 and weigh around 150 lbs. I weigh myself in the morning, and I weigh 148, and at night it says 152. Does everyone fluctuate that much? I mainly hold the weight in my face, upper arms, back and belly. 

So, here's what my current plan is. I feel like I have to be realistic, in that I am currently caring for newborn twins as well as my almost three year old. I cant exactly hit the gym 3-4 times a week. Also, how important is it not to eat anything late in the day if your are never really sleeping more than 3-4 hours at a time?

Diet:

Mainly paleo, with a little butter and cheese every now and again. Yogurt daily, I cant give it up.

2 square meals a day (breakfast and dinner), and multiple small snacks. 

2 cheat meals a week, and one cheat treat a day

about 2000 calories a day ( I am nursing two babies, so I cant really dip to low, but do you all think I should shoot closer to 1800?)

Exercise:

C25K, with an actual 5k to run at the end of the training

200 situps, the app functions very similar to the c25k program, building you up to be able to do 200 situps. My abdominal muscles are non-existent after these babies.

Hundred pushups- same sort of deal, a buildup app that builds you up to be able to do 100 pushups. 

So, basically this would be about 3-4 hours a week of exercise. 

I'd really like to lose about 2 lbs a week. Is it doable?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It sounds like a reasonable diet plan to me. I guess the exercise depends on whether you can find the time to do 100 sit-ups and push-ups.

I have never done a calorie-counting diet so I can't say whether 2000 is a good target or not. But, I am always cautious about restricting my intake while BFing as I'm worried about my supply. So, I'd suggest trying 2000 for a few weeks and see what happens. If you're losing weight stay with it. If you're not then cautiously reduce a bit and keep a close eye on your supply.

Another thing is that some people tend to hold onto a bit of weight while they're BFing and then lose it once they wean. Other people find the weight falls off. I am feeding a 2.5yo and a 10 week old at the moment and the weight is coming off pretty easily so far (as long as I stay off the chocolate!). Much more so than when I was only feeding one.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think is sounds reasonable. I'd stick to 2000 cal for a while and see how you feel and
What your loss is. I think low carb is a great weight loss tool. You mentioned apps - I love my fitness pal as a calorie/exercise/carb/fat/protein tracking app. Highly recommend it. Sit ups might be rough on your abs _ maybe planks and work up your endurance? There are tons of YouTube videos regarding checking for abd wall separation and how to repair. Below is just an example.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=czcMnabbo4c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DczcMnabbo4c
#4 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I also wanted to add that I don't think it matters when you eat. The whole not eating at night thing works because it reduces overall consumption not because you're specifically not eating at night. Especially when BFing I think it's important to eat fairly frequently.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page