BOB revolution front wheel swervy while walking? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wasn't sure where to post this. I am pregnant now with my first, and want to get a jogging stroller that I can put an infant car seat in. Sometimes I'll use it for vigorous walks, sometimes for jogging/running in the neighborhood. There aren't tons of options, but I like the BOB Revolution best so far.

However, I noticed a problem with it, and wondering if this is just me.....When I tested ut out at REI, I felt that it was almost trying to make a snake-like pattern (left, right, left, right) and I had to kinda control it to prevent that. Seems like a lot of work! I think it was the front wheel doing it. But this is while I was walking! I realize that the front wheel can be locked, and that that is good for jogging, but it seems like I shouldn't have to lock the front wheel just for a stroll, for the thing to "walk"/glide easily. I can't remember if I felt that sensation when running with the front wheel unlocked....I wanna say it was actually better when I picked up speed, but a lot of the time, I'll be walking!!!!

However, people seem to LOVE this stroller, and I feel like maybe I'm the only one noticing this? Hubby didn't notice. Or maybe it is my short height? Has anyone else ran into this problem with the Bob Revolution? I am wondering if it's just me. I noticed this also with a Graco jogging stroller, and the girl in the store suggested it could be my height, because she said she was short and noticed it too. This is with the 3 wheel strollers.

I guess my main question is if anyone else notices this, and if it is better when there is actually a baby in the stroller? I am a little worried when the car seat is in, the problem won't be much better, because the weight will be mainly on the top, not close to the front wheel.

I am thinking of just getting this stroller anyways, and locking the front wheel or getting over it.......because I can't find anything else I like right now that will accomodate jogging with an infant. I looked into the Baby Trend ones you see at Babies R Us and it's a no....the Summit by Baby Jogger doesn't take car seats.

#2 of 2 Old 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
We have that stroller and I'm pretty short and didn't find swerviness problematic. Floor models sometimes get pretty beat up - do you know anyone who has that stroller so you could test if maybe it's that one?

That said - actual jogging with infants isn't really recommended, even with the carseat holding attachment. Manufacturers talk up concerns about the baby, but I'm a little more concerned about the advisability of pushing 40 -50 pounds of stroller while jogging and potentially not yet fully recovered from birth. Make your husband do that, or make him take the babe so you can go for a run.

Tags
Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page