30 Day Shred - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 06-14-2013, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone interested in doing the 30 Day Shred with me?

I'm planning on doing it 4 days a week, and each level for 10 days. But if you've already started or want to do a different schedule, that is great too!

It would be nice to have some support. Who's with me?

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#2 of 73 Old 06-15-2013, 06:54 AM

I'm gonna try! Downloading it right now!

For some reason I don't really keep up with those kind of videos, probably because of a lack of motivation and because there is so much to do in the house, it's too easy to just stop and do something else. While jogging, walking, riding the bike, well, you can't just stop You can, but then you got to get home (or wherever you're going).

BUT ANYWAY, I still want to try :) Hear about it a lot, it's perfect for rainy/too hot days too!

So if I understand, you JUST had a baby? Congrats :)

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#3 of 73 Old 06-15-2013, 02:38 PM

Oops, I realize I need weights to execute most exercises... How heavy should I get them?

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#4 of 73 Old 06-15-2013, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Yay! So happy you're joining me! Yep, I had a baby about 5 weeks ago, but feeling great!

I did Day 1 with no weights, just moved my arms. However, I would say 3 or 5 lbs if you want to use weights. How did your first session go?

My Day 1:
- Couldn't do the cardio greensad.gif
- Hung with Anita on the exercises

#5 of 73 Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM

I ended up using water bottles for the weights lol!

It went great! I like it a lot! I already feel fitter, but that must be psychological lol

#6 of 73 Old 06-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Subbing! I just requested this from the library. I had to get on waiting list. Once I try it, I will post again. Thanks for putting up this thread. I am nearly 2 years postpartum, and have a good 20 pounds to shed. Ugh.
#7 of 73 Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 PM

I'll join in if I can find it on download again. :)

#8 of 73 Old 06-17-2013, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

#9 of 73 Old 06-17-2013, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato2 View Post

I'll join in if I can find it on download again. smile.gif

It's also on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

#10 of 73 Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 AM

I am SO sore!! Didn't do it yesterday and I don't know about today... I do other kinds of exercise though! How you doing TwilightJoy?

#11 of 73 Old 06-17-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

I finally finished day 2! It felt so satisfying to put an X through today in the chart I printed.

I tried to do day 2 this weekend, but my newborn wouldn't cooperate so I quit in the first section. But she let me do all of it today! Here are my thoughts:

- The 2 minutes of cardio are really tough for me. The jumping jacks are the worst. (Also, I need to make sure to go to the bathroom first, as my bladder control seems to have gone away with the birth of my babe. greensad.gif)
- I used 3lb weights through the whole thing, except for the arm raises at the very end.
- I felt stronger during the push-ups (maybe because today was actually day 3 of pushups?)
- Still hanging with Anita through the exercises.

How are you ladies doing?

#12 of 73 Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 AM

I'm going to print that sheet at work, I want to put big red Xs on the days too ahah!

Did day 2 as well, it's kicking my ass! They go so fast, I can't imagine the next levels!

BUT I want to make this my primary exercise aside from the bike, it's definitely a good work-out! And I need to shred the pounds, I lost 10 lbs in 2 months and now it's going too slow for me!

#13 of 73 Old 06-18-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Day 3 today was really hard. greensad.gif I hurt all over, which made the exercises tough. Push-ups were definitely more of a challenge than yesterday. I've decided to take a rest day tomorrow and will get back at it on Thursday.

On the plus side, I really concentrated on my breathing during jumping jacks, which seemed to help. I did all of them at Jillian's pace!

#14 of 73 Old 06-18-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Double post.

#15 of 73 Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM

Day 3 done!

It's definitely an intense work-out, perfect for busy moms hehe! Love it :) I feel strong and fit already!

#16 of 73 Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 AM

Day 4 done!

I used lighter weights and took it more easy today. Woke up to bad menstrual cramps, even thought I couldn't do it but hey, done!

Definitely having more energy since I started this program!

Maybe a walk or a 1rst yoga session later? hehe

#17 of 73 Old 06-20-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Way to go Jaxy!

The couch almost won today but I did it! Day 4 complete.

#18 of 73 Old 06-20-2013, 04:35 PM

Right on!!

We're following each others :)

Probably won't have time tomorrow... Got a doctor appointment then a friend is supposed to come by... Will see if I can't squeeze in a little shred lol!

#19 of 73 Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

On things like the lunges, I wonder if its better to do them Natalie style but slower, or Anita style at the Anita pace. Thoughts?

#20 of 73 Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 PM

Have no idea!

#21 of 73 Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 AM

Day 5 done :)

My BFF who's in France right now saw my FB status and just started too! Gogogo!

#22 of 73 Old 06-22-2013, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

I did Day 5 today! Even after a day off yesterday I struggled. I really am a wimp.

#23 of 73 Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 PM

Girl, I've had my baby 9 months ago and even after 7 months of riding the bike more than 2h a week + running 3-4 times a week for 3 months I struggle with this work-out! If you didn't, it wouldn't SHRED you :)

#24 of 73 Old 06-22-2013, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I needed to hear that. hug.gif

I just realized that we are HALFWAY done with Level 1. Go us!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

#25 of 73 Old 06-22-2013, 07:10 PM

Yes, and we seem to be on the same pace!! Peace.gif

#26 of 73 Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Day 6 accomplished!

Was pretty hard today, I was very sore, probably from Saturday's yoga session! But it was worth it :)

#27 of 73 Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

You are awesome! Holding my baby on the couch is winning so far for me today...

#28 of 73 Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

I wasn't in the mood to Shred so I went for a run! First time leaving baby with DH. It was more walking than jogging, but still so refreshing.

#29 of 73 Old 06-25-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Day 6 complete!!! Man my legs hurt today, probably from jogging yesterday. Jump rope was killer!

#30 of 73 Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 PM

jump rope was killer for me too today lol!

Day 7 is done!

So are you going to do day 10 at level 1 or 2? Hum!

Tags
Fitness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page