8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 11 (enrolling through Sept. 18, starts Sept. 16, ends Nov. 4) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 188 Old 09-26-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Running around the bayou sounds like fun!  Enjoy your outdoor exercise.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 188 Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

thanks! Haven't done it yet but we'll live closer and I'll be 10 mins bike ride away from it so that's my best bet! With my bad knees and my crappy shoes running on the concrete is a big no no!

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#63 of 188 Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have to tell you all my favorite snack lately.  I like to call it apple pie ala mode.  1/2 Cup plain chobani 0% Greek yogurt (cheaper if you buy the big tub), sprinkled with stevia if it's too tart for you (Trader Joe's makes am organic stevia in a little bottle that is better then any of the other brands that I've tried), 1 Tbs of golden flaxseeds ground, generous sprinkles of cinnamon,  1 chopped apples(Granny smith is my fave) and more sprinkles of cinnamon on top.  I make up a few containers when I do food prep so that they are always ready to go.  This is usually my morning snack between breakfast and lunch and it totally reminds me of apple pie ala mode.

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#64 of 188 Old 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think that I may need to quit this time through. Among other stress, I've started having panic attacks about money, and one of the ponies that we've been leasing is being put down on 10/9. I'm more than a little stressed and have been going up in weight, even though I don't feel like I've been eating more. Also, due to the finances, we've been eating more bread and beans/lentils instead of meat and veggies. I'll have to try to figure out what I can do about everything without adding more stress.

#65 of 188 Old 09-27-2013, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

CookiePie, that actually sounds really yummy. I know that Greek Yogurt has lots of protein in it. I bought some Honey Crisp Apples from a farm stand a few days ago. They are the most delicious crunch apples ever! I need to go grocery shopping this afternoon anyway so I think I will pick up some Greek Yogurt.

meandk610, sorry to hear of the challenges you have right now. I hope you can let go of those things that you need to in order to let go of some stress in your life. Come on back whenever you are ready.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#66 of 188 Old 09-28-2013, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Thanks Jaxy, it was a stressful time but we have been very fortunate.

Lilacvioletiris, thanks for the ongoing encouragement :-)

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#67 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

purple team, i'm 151.01 lb and overjoyed (haven't seen such a low number since 2005)

the 2 weeks after my eye operation were hard and i didn't manage to stay on my eating plan (by the end of week one i caught a cold too !!!)

but last week, in spite of being knocked out by a virus, i managed to go back to this 5:2 British new diet

and i lost more than a pound

with only a little walking for sports (hoping to resume roller blading class next week end !!!)

#68 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 04:09 AM

I'm working out harder and more frequently in the last week and a half, plus my eating has been right on point.  So I was surprised to see no change in the scale this week still 137.  But my body fat went down another percentage point!   Which tells me that I must have lost fat and gained muscle.  I'm keeping at it, I know from experience that all of my  hard work will be rewarded. 

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#69 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Monday morning weigh-in: 145.4 lbs! Yay!!!!

#70 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 AM

65.4kg (144.lb)

Lost 600g, I'm pretty happy with that :-) Only 2.4kg away from my pre-pregnancy weight and only 10.4 kg from my goal weight.

#71 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 AM

174.8 :)

#72 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Expected a gain, showed a loss.  Don't know what I did to deserve it, my eating has been atrocious these last 3 days, but apparently not as atrocious as I thought, and those big walks must have done some good.  Too stormy for walks the last 2 days, unfortunately.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#73 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Good job everybody!

Seems like I'm the only one who had a bad week, weight-lost speaking...

Back up a pound... Which is not surprising, since I've been eating fatty and sodium-filled foods. Not to make excuses but we had to bomb the kitchen so I packed most of our (non-perishable) food and dishes, so I've been eating sandwiches and fast food. Also I feel bloated, probably by all this bad food but also because I'm going to have my periods soon. I feel the urge to exercise so hopefully, as soon as we're moved, I'm going to work-out again. I know, been saying this, but I'm serious!

Sorry team for the gain!

On a brighter note, I listened to your advice CookiePie! I was ravenously hungry when I got to work yesterday, so instead of eating whatever candy was available, I went and got some greek yogourt (the Danone kind though) and a pack of rice cakes. It filled me up! Funny how you can eat something for a long time (ate greek yogourt everyday when I was prego) and then kind of forget about it. It's also a great pre/post work-out food! Will try that pie a la mode when I get the chance :)

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#74 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

203 today.  A loss!  I completely forgot to exercise on Saturday (and needed to in order to get in four workouts for the week).  I was wondering why my day didn't feel so rushed.  I made up for it with a long dog walk (in the pouring rain) on Sunday morning and a swim in the afternoon.  The pool had been closed for two weeks for maintenance and I was glad to get back in there, although it was an awful time - really crowded.  I'll start back on my Saturday morning swim next week.

I keep letting the week get away from me, and don't get my first work out in until Thursday.  Then I have to do four in a row.  I'm aiming for Tuesday this week.

#75 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
208 I hurt my lower leg playing coed pickup hockey, Friday night. So much fun, but was really limping after. It hurts near the metal plate. Luckily tomorrow I have an appt with my sports doctor. Hoping it's just scar tissue moving. Friday, I have league hockey.
Did okay with eating, but probably too many salty foods.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#76 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM

The scales said 144 today, which means no loss from last week. 

However, for the last few days it was 143.5, so it's one of those fluctuation things. In the spirit of fairness, I'm reporting it as a "no loss" week, but I'm not unhappy because my spreadsheet (I track 3-day, 5-day, and 7-day running averages) tells me I've lost weight this week. My goal is 0.5 lbs per week and my 3-day average shows 0.4 lbs lost, so I was close. 

It should show up as a double loss (1 lb) next week so hang in there, Gold team!

On a brighter note, I ran today for the first time in 10 days after injuring my hip. I had to take it easy, but I did it! I'm a bit sore now but I have a PT appt. tomorrow so hopefully will have some answers and a plan to get back to running pain-free.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#77 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM

145.5!  Hooray!

Wasn't quite expecting such a big loss but I'm thrilled!  The only thing I really changed was going back to a fructose (sugar) free diet and increasing the good fats in my diet.  Lots of full fat dairy (greek yogurt is amazing!!), young coconuts/coconut oil/coconut everything!, lots of vegetables, eggs, meat (not always the lean kind!) and nuts.  

All in all, I've felt it was almost an indulgent week, was never hungry and feel amazing...so much energy!  My skin is glowing.  Can't see myself going back to my old way of eating any time soon :) 

Lucky mom to two 

DD 2010 energy.gif

DS 2012   slingboy.gif

#78 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM
AAK

Lost .5

While that is good, I don't cheer too much because a half pound loss is within my normal variation.  Next week, if I lose more, I will feel that the half pound was real. 

Btw. . . I did get a digital scale now and it does weigh me as heavier than the other scale.  For the purpose of this contest, I will just say how many pounds lost/gained.  Then, when we start again I will put down the digital weight.  

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#79 of 188 Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM

AAK: that's funny b/c we bought a fancy new digital scale about a month ago and it had me as a bit heavier than my old scale so I stuck with the old one since I'd been using it from the beginning of my weight loss journey. The new one also measures body fat, water, muscle, and bone density so I use it for that about once every other week or so. 

Since weight does fluctuate I recommend anybody looking to lose weight slowly track their moving averages. Even if your weight fluctuates each day by a pound or so you can tell if you are losing weight by calculating moving averages over a few days. It makes me feel so much better when the scale goes up a bit but my average is still moving downwards!

April80: hooray for coconut oil! love the stuff...will never use veggie oil again. 

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#80 of 188 Old 10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
AAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68 View Post

Since weight does fluctuate I recommend anybody looking to lose weight slowly track their moving averages. Even if your weight fluctuates each day by a pound or so you can tell if you are losing weight by calculating moving averages over a few days. It makes me feel so much better when the scale goes up a bit but my average is still moving downwards!

Good idea! 

#81 of 188 Old 10-02-2013, 05:54 PM

Just wanted to say that I had a wonderful physiotherapy appointment yesterday. Great news: I do not have a stress fracture (bone injury), it is just some really sore, tight, knotted up muscles. He gave me some exercises and stretching to do and I am to hold off on running for one more week but should get the go ahead to start up again. I'm very happy! This week I am allowed to go for walks so that is what I have been doing. Already feeling better!

#82 of 188 Old 10-04-2013, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

IsaFrench, that is awesome that you are back on your eating plan exercising again after your operation.  Keep up the good work.

CookiePie, good attitude, because you are right, you might not see the weight loss "right now" but your hard work will be rewarded.

katelove, great job. Your goals are in sight!

SweetSilver, exercise can have a great impact on your weightloss. Keep it up and see what you can do to help your eating this next week.

Gooseberry, I hope you were able to get your exercise in earlier this week. I know all about the week getting away from me.

Amanda, I hope your doctor appointment went well. Limping is not fun. Salty foods are just so problematic with weight loss because they cause fluid retention.

April, sometimes your body just needs to know that you aren't "starving" it and some good fats can do that. Way to go!

AAK, okay, I will just use last weeks weight and subtract the half pound. I know how changing scales can change things up.

Piglet, that is excellent news to receive. Keep up the walking habit. Movement is good.

#83 of 188 Old 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

Gooseberry, I hope you were able to get your exercise in earlier this week. I know all about the week getting away from me.

No such luck.  It was Th. once again.

#84 of 188 Old 10-05-2013, 11:29 AM

am hoping to get below 150 lb this week

am about to complete my 3rd day of semi-fast for this week

(with 200 calories for breakfast and 300 calories for dinner and a 12 hours window with just no calories drinks in between)

i can "feel" that it's working ....

have been trying to loose weight for 8 years = i wish i had known about this eating plan beforehand !!!

#85 of 188 Old 10-07-2013, 03:18 AM

I'm 135.5 this week.  Down 1.5 lbs since last week :)

#86 of 188 Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 AM

65.7kg (144.lb)

#87 of 188 Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 AM

where as my post disapeared to ? .... i must have hit the wrong button this morning ....

149.25 lb

#88 of 188 Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
AAK

Up 2.5 pounds.  hide.gif I have had a really bad food week--birthday celebrations.  Also, AF showed up early again so that might also contribute to my weight gain.  I am frustrated.  I just realized how much I have gained since last March.  I was at the club this morning though and tried to find some focus/new resolve.  I am writing out a menu for the week so that hopefully meals go easily.  I am increasing my exercise, will start wearing my fitbit (or something similar--I can't remember which I have), and will get better about tracking food.  I can't allow myself to get fatter!  I really like doing active, fun things and the extra weight doesn't help my knees out at all.  

Amy

#89 of 188 Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 AM

203 - no loss, but no gain.  It was my husband's birthday yesterday, and there was a lot of food involved.

#90 of 188 Old 10-07-2013, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Same as last week.

Not complaining.  Last week was a bit of a surprise, and yesterday we went to my niece's birthday party.  I was very mindful of portions and still wound up eating too much.  Pulled a muscle near my back that is making walking uncomfortable.  I feel like an old lady!  It's affecting my legs, too, and it makes me think it's the psoas muscle (can that get pulled?)  It feels very internal.  Anyhow, I'll get through it.  Walking downhill hurts,  No more forest walks up and down our steep hills.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Tags
Weight Management

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page