Keeping the Motivation Flame Bright through November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:joyShanti :hug Glad to see you here!

DrJen ran a bq!?? Dang!! That's awesome!

I'm a slacker for not posting since the marathon last Sunday - the whirlwind of life at home sucked me right back in. Now DH is out of town and I am dealing with a full work schedule, field trip, some company, a birthday party and a play this weekend. Asking myself how this is all going to happen, but I know that it somehow always does.

No RR from NYC yet, but it was the most fun I have ever had while hurting that bad. The race was fantastic, the cheering crowds, that city, it was quite overwhelming. The amazing part was hanging out with Gaye all weekend, she's a pro at NYC and about the nicest person you will ever meet :D She definitely got the seal of approval from my DD, who thought she was *much* cooler than my other friends :lol

These kids' lunches aren't going to make themselves...

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#62 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 05:22 AM

Shanti - so good to see your name here. I think about you so often.

Real - I'm so sorry your candidates were not elected and that that superintendent decided to retire. I am starting to believe that far too many Americans really don't care all that much about educating the next generation anymore greensad.gif. The concert sounds wonderful though.

Mel38 - So glad you had such a wonderful time in NYC!

RR - went back to Kettlebells for the first time in almost 6 months on Wednesday night. I'm hurting bad right now.

NRR - kids are off school today so we are headed to the City Museum with friends. It's seriously the most fun place ever for children and adults in St. Louis joy.gif. Parent-teacher conferences went well. DD1's teacher gave us some ideas on helping her to remember addition and subtraction facts related to the fact that she's a kinesthetic learner (I thought it was cool that they assessed the kids' learning style!) She has a firm grasp on the processes of mathematics, just needs work on computation. DD2 is doing great!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#63 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 05:54 AM
bec

Shanti - :love  So good to see you!!  You have definitely been on my mind and in my heart.  Forward motion is where it is at.  Eventually, you will gain some momentum and it won't be so hard. 

HR (Health report) - I have turned the corner for sure!  Still not 100%, but feeling like I might be healthy again some day.  I need to get my house in some sort of order, because I have two troops of girl scouts coming this afternoon to tear it apart again!

Love to all those that need it!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#64 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 06:45 AM

Hi Shanti!

Hello everyone, just popping in to read along and say hello.  Trying to finish up on the last of the laundry today and try to get ds1 to complete the projects that he has neglected for too long.

RR: nothing yet, been run down with this weeks to do list and illness.  Still thinking about "what's next" in the fitness world for me.  :)

#65 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 AM

Good to see you here, Shanti.

I'm still pondering the feedback on parent teacher conferences.  I'm glad to see that the teachers see what I do (and maybe somewhat more), but I'm sad to see that their solutions are so ... half hearted.  The good news is that each kid is doing quite well.  Fixing things for DD is certainly going to require out-of-the-box thinking.

I am recovering from a cold and lecturing many too many hours each week.  I have vocal chord dysfunction, something that flairs up with too much lecturing, and to top it off, either the VCD is super bad right now, or I'm starting to get allergic reactions to something I'm eating.  Right now timing/reaction wise, it's either dairy or peanuts.  I'd lay off each if it weren't for the thing of brie in the fridge and the big back of fresh roasted peanuts DH just brought home.  :yum

#66 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 08:24 AM

geo--hope it's something mild, but maybe go easy on the dairy and peanuts just in case?

JayGee--hopefully those solutions will do the trick. As for our superintendent, there was a lot of speculation that the new board members would dismiss her, either immediately or not long after. This allows her to leave on her own terms (hopefully...there's still speculation that they could force her out before her retirement date). It's ugly stuff. I think I can say with 99% certainty that she would have been with us for another couple of years to see the district through the end of comp redesign, the new PARCC tests, etc otherwise. There are other concerns (like who they will pick. Having seen this play out in Douglas County, we have a pretty good idea of what to expect and it's not pretty).

Mel38--hang in there and hope you can get a rest soon.

RM--what kinds of things are you thinking about, or is it all a blank?

bec--glad you're on the mend!

I'm going to be glad to leave this week behind. We're heading up the mountains tonight to have a restful weekend and close up the trailer. I'll jump back into the fray of schools and finding a job on Monday.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#67 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

ds asked me to walk with him to his bus stop this morning. It was a good walk as he is super tall and walks fast so it is a workout just to keep up with him! I only walked a mile or so total but I did two good things at once with it and all before anything else in my day.

Can I ask us all to do something? Every now and then I see pics on FB and I see these wonderful half grown up kids that I remember being born. Can we all post how old our dinglets are now? My ds is 17 and one dd is 15 and the other about to turn 14.

#68 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM

I can do that. Ds is 17, the girls are 15, 10.5, & 8, and ds2 is 6.

RR: I have been running a few times a week! Nothing that can be construed as training but it is something.

I am always in awe of how much dingoes get done and accomplshed and how hard everyone works to right their lives.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#69 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Shanti~it is hard to believe that our kiddos are getting so grown up.  So happy for your walk with ds this morning, how wonderful!

My step son is 28 and married with our first grandbaby who will be 4 this December.  They are expecting a boy and have had three mid pregnancy miscarriages so we are praying this one holds.  My step daughter is 27 and is married with a son who is one and a half.  My ds1 is 13, ds2 is 11 (acts like he's in his 20's), and ds3 is 9.  I found this group when ds3 was a toddler I think? or was it ds2 was a toddler?  I'm sure Geo knows.

Geo and Bec~get better fast.  I have had major head/throat stuff going on and after a talk with a friend yesterday I think it may be allergy related.  I still struggle to even admit that I have allergies for some reason, even though I've taken allergy meds for years.  I'm weird I guess.

Real~I'm throwing around ideas like keeping up with the 3 day a week running (which was the training plan for this marathon) but scaling back the long run and adding HIIT from the original bodyrock.tv (I wrote her work outs on index cards and have over 100).  I felt like I was in the best shape of my life when I did those.  Other things I am pondering is whether to do a half in the spring, another full? (yes, I said I didn't want to do another one, but thinking about it is okay-right?!).  I have a friend who has now completed two 5k's and maybe I should help her train for one of those to be able to run the whole thing?  Maybe I should hit the P90X route? or the Jaime Eason's at home 12 week program?  Or the insanity?   What to do!?  :)

Thankful to be healthy enough to be able to have all those choices.

#70 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 AM

The running group has been around since winter 2003-2004, becoming the dingoes not that long after.  DD is 11 and in 6th grade and DS is almost 8 and in 3rd grade.  RM, you came to the camping trip in 2006, so you had to have been a dingo at least a while before that! 

#71 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 AM

My daughters are 8 & 4. I've been on MDC since right before I got pregnant with the first and joined the dingoes around three years ago.

My FIL has rented a cabin for the winter not far from here (he's been mostly homeless since the spring, living on his boat and in his trailer. My oldest is helping him unpack his kitchen today and the little one is at preschool, so I have time for a quick run alone! I'm going to miss bootcamp tonight for a fiddle concert that my oldest is playing with the opening act. Last night was her school's celebration for the end of the "learning cycle" (8 weeks on, one week off) and she played a song with one teacher on guitar and another on accordion. There were probably over 300 people in the room, and she played amazingly- but they had the microphone pointed right at the monitor and horrible feedback. Like a pro, she just played on while the tech guy tried (and failed) to fix it and ultimately just turned down her mic.

Today I have made good progress on my term paper and am headed out now for a run to see how the ideas percolate and look when I come back :)

Geo, my husband is struggling with voice stuff right now, too. I've always attributed some of it to his asthma, but made an appointment with an SLP for him to see if he can pick up any tips/strategies before his big interview/public talk/lecture, etc. in four weeks. The SLP wanted him to see an ENT and have a scope to assess for vocal cord nodules first, but I told her that we prefer to start with a lower intervention approach. I read somewhere that around 3/4 of teachers have some voice loss/hoarseness from lecturing.

RM, those all sound like terrific ideas. What excites you the most?

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#72 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Great idea, Shanti. My two DDs are 17 and 11, DS is 7. I joined MDC almost 10 years ago but didn't find my way to the Dingoes until probably 2008, I think.

RM, I love the idea with the body rock.tv. And writing the workouts on index cards.

Just today I jotted down the dates for a few events I want to train for in 2014. None are tris so far, but I had hoped to do an Olympic distance race next year.

Mel, I hope the sound system works better for to night's show.

I am taking Dd2 & a friend to see a high school production of The Metamorphosis. I hope it's not too strange... DS might have to tag along, too. Oh well, it's culture, so it can't hurt.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#73 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, this is hitting me in a soft spot. DD1 is a new 11, and the other two will turn 9 (DS) and 6 (DD2) by 1/3/14. Both DD's were due on the 9th and both came on the 3rd. All the bdays are within 3 mos, so once dd1 turns a new age, I just start telling people the older age for all of them lol.gifbag.gif I came here in 2005, when DS was nearly 1 and I was new to this town and knew no one. I found company here in the midst of isolation and solo parenting with two under 3.

I have been dwelling (bag.gif I know) on past could haves and should haves (the soft spot), and recalling the past like this here feels heart-sore in a good and bad way.

Shanti - so good to 'see' you. I think about you every day. The walk sounds perfect

RM - melw has good advice; which turns you on most? All sound great; you know how I love to complement running with hiit stuff orngbiggrin.gif

MelW - every time you mention your dh's health I scream 'meditation!' in my head. Oh well, you'd think I'd be more Zen about it since I meditate twice a day whistling.giflol.gif Glad you got some personal time!!!!!!!! Seriously, I dont know how you do it, and always cheer when you get what you deserve (rare)

NRR: IRB got submitted Monday. They emailed me Tuesday to say they'd assign it a number ad put it in the que (sp? rhymes with cue) for review and I havent heard from them since. Seriously, am I even in the que yet! (this school is sort of notorious for a lonnnggg IRB process) om.gif

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#74 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Queue?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#75 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, yes wild.gif That's one for the Simplified Spelling Society lol.gif

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#76 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 04:03 PM

sparkle - I was wondering how to spell that myself!

Real - and here I am hoping our board fires our superintendent.  He's been doing some sketchy stuff with money that I just don't like. Our district is not in compliance with a lot of state laws (like having NO PE), but he seems to think the laws don't apply to him.  Hope things work out for your district in the long run.

Kids - DS is 12 (6th grade), DD1 is 9 (4th grade), and DD2 is 7 (2nd grade).  I joined MDC in 2002, and the Dingoes in 2007 when I was training for my first triathlon. That seems like a long time ago.

Had a great day at the City Museum.  This place is beyond description, but lets just say all the climbing, crawling and sliding I did was my workout for today.  We were there for 6 hours of non-stop exploring.  Seriously, if you ever find yourself in St. Louis, the City Museum is on your list of things to visit!

#77 of 305 Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletruck View Post

MelW - every time you mention your dh's health I scream 'meditation!' in my head. Oh well, you'd think I'd be more Zen about it since I meditate twice a day whistling.giflol.gif Glad you got some personal time!!!!!!!! Seriously, I dont know how you do it, and always cheer when you get what you deserve (rare)

He's had a pretty good yoga practice recently (I know, not your meditation practice, but a start!!). Today he came home from work and chatted with me for a while, then said he was going downstairs to do yoga. I heard the tv turn on, then something really loud and came downstairs to find him doing yoga while watching Sons of Anarchy. Not exactly what I think of when I think of yoga!!!

My run was lovely, and the concert tonight was terrific. The feature performers did a medley "alphabet" where each song was in a different key A-G (with some flat/sharp and major/minor variations if I was hearing correctly, but one songs for each letter). I managed to tweak my knee rocking/bouncing my youngest while standing at the back of the hall. When she's overtired she gets kind of manic, so these events require a bit of perpetual motion parenting. I'll count it as a 38-pound weights routine and have my fingers crosses that the knee is better by morning.

#78 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel38 View Post

The amazing part was hanging out with Gaye all weekend, she's a pro at NYC and about the nicest person you will ever meet orngbiggrin.gif She definitely got the seal of approval from my DD, who thought she was *much* cooler than my other friends lol.gif
redface.gif Awww. I loved hanging out with the two of you! Your DD is super cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantimama View Post

Can I ask us all to do something? Every now and then I see pics on FB and I see these wonderful half grown up kids that I remember being born. Can we all post how old our dinglets are now? My ds is 17 and one dd is 15 and the other about to turn 14.
wave.gif Hi, Shanti!

I joined right after New Years 2008, I think. I was training for my first half-marathon and going through being separated from my XH. DS was a year and a half, I think? He's 7 now.

Halfway through night two of three...and sleepy, very sleepy.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#79 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 04:34 AM
bec

Great idea, Shanti!  My  girls are 12.5 (7th), almost 10 (December 11), and almost 8 (November 28).  I joined the Dingos almost 7 years ago (early 2007). I was in the 2nd? week of the C25K, and just starting my running journey!  It's funny, because I still see myself as sort of the newbie here.

Abby's teacher agreed (after what seemed like pulling teeth) to get her some different spelling homework that was not material she had clearly mastered.  Work that is more vocabulary based, rather than reading decoding based.

RR: Nothing.  And it is looking like nothing for a bit yet.  I pushed too much to clean the house for girl scouts yesterday, and I had a rotten night.  It's cold and windy and my chest hurts from coughing.  I'm going to plant myself on the couch, steam in my shower, and drink tea all day. 

RM: I agree with finding what excites you the most.  I've done the Jackie Eason and really liked it.  I felt like it was hard, I got strong but was doable.  I have also liked the bodyrock stuff I've done!  Are you going to do the Mini in 2014?

#80 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 AM

Erin (11! ) and Leah (8).

I have a little cold. Dripping nose. And I'm hosting a bday dinner party for dh.

Off for a walk here shortly.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#81 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Great idea, Shanti!

Gray is 13 and Dane is 9 but turns 10 next month.

I am here, reading along, needing more exercise than I am getting. My one swim for the week was it. Next week, I hope to put my house in order, my life in order, my exercise in order, and my diet in order. Hmm, that sounds ambitious. Leaving the sanctuary of my mom's house today to head back to the cabin where I am meeting my good friend and her boys who moved away last year. Trying to remember that this time next year, this will be a whole year behind me and think about how I might want to look back at it and where I want to be.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#82 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Oh well, it's culture, so it can't hurt.

This is my attitude toward kids at the theatre.  It seems like the more the better.

I've been missing the dingos since the internet was off for 5 days this week island-wide!  Well, county wide really. Phones too, what an interesting experiement.

Anyway, no time to catch up now - just enough to report dd1 is 12 and Ali G is 6.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#83 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 AM

RR - ran 3 this morning

And DS and I are running the Thanksgiving 5K on Thanksgiving Day!

#84 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

I just had such a moving, powerful parenting experience:

DD1 was testing for a new belt in Kung Fu. This requires demonstrating several moves in front of a panel of black belts (literally, like the movie Flashdance), and then the form that corresponds with the level (orange belt). After the test, the panel consults in private and then comes out of a room and you stand in front of them again while they review your test, orally, one at a time.
In her review, each black belt made an observation about her that was so spot on, and everything that I work on with her, and everything that I want for her as a parent, that I started crying a little. To have this place where these people 'get' her, where they see her, and are helping me help her move forward, and where this practice (Kung Fu) is the perfect metaphor for life and she gets to develop and exercise these ways of being in the world that are exactly what I work so hard to help her with (and usually feel so alone in doing and exhausted by and worried about).
So Im thanking the universe for Kung Fun today, and climbing (because everything they said is also what she needs to do in climbing), which I hope she ultimately will do in life

#85 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Sparkle, that's so cool. Congrats to your dd.

I forgot all the personals. Kind of a difficult afternoon. I was yelled at walking home from synagogue by some nasty woman who screamed at me, as I walked by with my kids, "Get rid of the wig you stupid Jew! It's 2013 for crissakes!" :angry  :(

(I wear a wig to cover my hair sometimes, usually on Shabbat or on other 'dressy' occasions. It's easier than finding a matching hat, and frankly, when I wear it, I have the hair I've always wanted and I never have a bad hair day.)

Since moving to the supposedly enlightened, Northeast, I've had people honk at me while walking with my kids to synagogue (my son wears a yarmulke in public, so it's pretty obvious what we are), yell "HEY JEWS!" out their car windows, etc. when we lived in a supposedly more 'redneck' area of Florida? -- I had people who had never met a Jew, made weird assumptions, did funny things or said odd things, but never outright hatred or bigotry. That we got only in enlightened Massachusetts.

Yeah.

Anyway. I joined MDC in 2001 when dd1 was but a year old (if that), and joined the dingoes -- hmmm, I don't remember. Sometime after that? :o I think, after dd2 was born (2003) and before ds (2005). So, yeah, dd1 is 13; dd2 is 10, and ds is 8.

I'm an 'old timer' I think. 

RR: none today. Half marathon tomorrow (starts at noon, and very hilly, so not really anticipating a PR).

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#86 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 07:56 PM

Nic, that's horrible! How did your kids react? Are they doing okay? Big hugs to allow you! Good luck with your half tomorrow, too.

sparkle, what an awesome experience for you and for your DD. it's so terrific when someone "gets" a kid (or adult, too, for that matter...)

I hope you're feeling better soon, kerc, and that your dinner party is a success despite the cold.

Today was a lesson from my husband in asking for and getting help. Our house has been a bit of a mess for a while now- the basic vacuuming/bathrooms/minimal dusting gets done, but the deeper cleaning is not happening. He invited his mum over for a "cleaning party", put on music, negotiated a minor bribe for the kids and we cleaned windows, sills and blinds, washed walls, fridge, stove and cabinets and while we didn't get to the whole house it's the cleanest it's been in years. I would have tried and failed to continue to do it all myself instead.

12 hour day at the hospital tomorrow- my first shift in a month! Fingers crossed for some babies.

#87 of 305 Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 PM

Nic, I'm really sorry that went down. We were just sitting with friends yesterday, reminiscing about the post-9/11 bad old days. Pretty mind-boggling stuff, how stupid people can be. :Hug

My ds, Noah, is 12, and dd, Meryem, will be 10 next month. I joined MDC back when ds was little, and I joined the Dingoes sometime after dd was born and I was sick of my way-over-200-pound body. With the help of the Dingoes, I have worked my body into health, and have been supported through so many other changes, too.

RR: Rough weekend for exercise, but this morning I took an hour to walk, and decided to run most of the "back" of an out-and-back. A little warm, since it was late for my morning (after 9) and already 80F. Tomorrow, I will get out earlier and, I hope, run more. There is a newly opened stretch of beach, and it's long. I want to park shoes there and run the length barefoot.

I've reined in the eating habits since arriving in AUH, and am slowly losing the weight I'd put on since May. I have to figure out how to stop the cycle of ups and downs, but for now I have to keep working on the down. It's shifting, which is great. Focusing on the writing has been a great help.

Speaking of the writing, I am editing the heck out of a writing sample. The ending even surprised me, so I hope that's good. Should be plowing through applications by the end of the month, and may even decide to add applications if I get through these in one piece. The hardest part is getting the sample together. By comparison, the online forms and processes are a cake walk.

#88 of 305 Old 11-10-2013, 04:36 AM

Nick :grouphug So sorry for the fact that you and your kids experienced that. It's just shocking - the ignorance and flat-out rudeness, but also how angry?! What is wrong with someone who would say something like that? But enough... from reading your FB post and the responses, I know that these things do still happen, and I guess our job is to raise kids who also find that shocking. Very sad about it though.

Jo, I forgot what you are applying for!

Mel, what a fantastic idea, a cleaning party! I love it! Back during the year in Germany, the co-op preschool I took DS to scheduled a thorough cleaning twice a year. All the parents came, and there were detailed lists of what to clean including all the windows and frames, removing everything from every cabinet and washing them all, inside and out. I remember wishing I could do something like that in my own home. Not sure my home has ever been as clean as that.

Plady, I have to say - your description of several days without internet or phones as interesting really made me smile! I don't know anyone around here who wouldn't be fuming, cursing, suing somebody...

Sparkle, I'm glad that those instructors *get* your DD! Sounds wonderful.

RR: A nice 6 miles in the morning yesterday with my running group. I got to be on the bridge right as a huge container ship drove through, so I could see it from above - cool! Then a bit later, I saw a hawk catch a small, furry animal only 4 or 5 feet away from me!

Work day this morning, then I promised to take the 2 younger kids to the local fair. I am not a fair person, but DD made plans to meet a friend. Our fair is kind of lame, barely any animals, mostly yucky food and crazy rides. The weather should be good, though, and I need to get away from my desk for a bit.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#89 of 305 Old 11-10-2013, 09:03 AM
bec

Nic - I continue to be shocked and shaken for the show of outright bigotry you were shown.  It was unprovoked and vicious.  And says nothing about you, for all that you were the target.  It speaks volumes of the hate and rage that woman must live with every day.  You continue to travel through life with grace and compassion. 

RR: Hahahaha!  I am hoping to feel better enough to run sometime next week.  I'm getting very tired of this cold!

Sparkle - I have had a few teachers really get Katie.  It never fails to move me to tears when it does.

#90 of 305 Old 11-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Plady, I have to say - your description of several days without internet or phones as interesting really made me smile! I don't know anyone around here who wouldn't be fuming, cursing, suing somebody...

:lol Well, interesting might have been a bit euphemistic.  And I had access to internet at work though I didn't have much time to surf recreationally.  And I giggle because just this morning dh said he's investigating the circumstances around the equipment failure with an eye towards a class-action suit. :eyesroll.  

Nic - I'm so sorry about that lady.  I shudder to think where she must be coming from.

Sparkle - that Kung Fu class sounds wonderful, how great to hear your words come out of someone else's mouth.  Sometimes I think that is the only way our kids hear us.

:hug Lofty, I'm glad some light is filtering back in.

Happy Birthday Geo!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Tags
Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page