Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's December! The last month of 2013! Time for finishing out the year strong, assessing the past year's running and fitness goals, making new ones, and just reflecting on all we've accomplished in ALL areas of our lives!!

run.gif

New visitors to the Dingo Thread may ask, "but, what is a Dingo?"

Dingoes are mamas (defined loosely, when needed) who run, walk, cycle, tri, and participate in whatever sport they need to sustain their awesome mama selves in lives that are definitely dynamic. Sometimes, a Dingo is injured, or life takes a turn, and she has to take a break from her chosen sport. Whether active or aspiring, Dingoes support one another in spirit. When two Dingoes are in the same place at the same time, something incredibly special happens. This is called a Dingo Meetup. They are relatively rare, and so we try to record them with photographic evidence.

Are you a Dingo? You just might be, if:

You sometimes perform acts of brilliance in order to squeeze a workout into a busy week.

You're never ashamed of coming in at the back of the pack, even if you're used to coming in faster.

You have found yourself sincerely respecting and admiring moms in all forms, observing how they're doing it for love, and growing from their experiences as well as your own

You won't know until you try, and all comers are welcome.

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#2 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 AM

Subbing.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#3 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:23 AM

here.

Last day of classes, which of course explains why I have to be going full tilt for the next 10 days.

#4 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 AM

Love the thread title!

Just back from a walk, now to stretch.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#5 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 AM

Oh Sparkle, I love the thread title! Thanks for starting the new thread. blowkiss.gif

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#6 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 AM

Gearing up for the first Xc ski of the year yeeee- haw!!!!!!!

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#7 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 AM

jog.gif 2013 Dingo Race List
:

Nickarolaberry - Somerville Jingle Bell 5K Run, December 15, 2013

jog.gif  2014  jog.gif

realrellim -The Resolve Double (5K + 10K) - January 4, 2014

Mel38 - Charlie Post Classic 15k - January 25, 2014

tjsmama - Runnin' of the Green Lucky 7k - March 16, 2014

Mel38 - Cooper River Bridge Run 10k - April 5, 2014

tjsmama - Colorado Marathon 1/2 marathon, May 4, 2014

tjsmama - Ironman 70.3 Boulder, June 15, 2014
tjsmama - Boulder Peak Triathlon, July 13, 2014
tjsmama - Ironman Boulder, August 3, 2014

tjsmama - Rock n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon, October 19, 2014

Special dates:

candle.gif September 24, 2012  Annual Griffin Memorial 5k - where ever you may be that day, whether organized or solo, whether running, walking, cycling, meandering or otherwise, please hold Griffin Patrick (and all those born silently or too soon) in your hearts. stillheart.gif

Other places to find the Dingos:

: cooking blog :

knitting blog

We have a private Yahoo group. Submit a request to join and mention your MDC
username in the request so we know who you are.  

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#8 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 AM

Results, too broc1.gif 

run.gif2013 Dingo Race Results partytime.gif

mommajb - Tinkerbell Half, January 20, 2013

mel38 - Charlie Post Classic 15k - January 26, 2013 - 1:38:46

realrellim - Yeti Chase 10K, January 27, 2013

bec - Desert Classic Half Marathon, February 2, 2013

realrellim - Ralston Creek Half Marathon, February 10, 2013 - 1:59:47

tjsmama - Runnin' of the Green Lucky 7k, March 10, 2013 - 41:58

JayGee - AOH 5k - March 10, 2013 - 27:48 (DS's time - 26:53, for his first 5K ever!)

poppywise - Oakland Half Marathon, March 24, 2013

Mel38 - Cooper River Bridge Run 10k, April 5, 2013 - 1:00:28

Mel38 - TryCharleston Sprint Triathlon, April 20, 2013 - 1:32:21

bec - Kentucky Derby Marathon, April 27, 2013

tjsmamaCherry Creek Sneak 10 Miler, April 28, 2013 1:41:58

bec - Indy Mini Marathon, May 4, 2013

Mel38 - Hell Hole Swamp Gator Run 10k, May 4, 2013 - 1:00:?

Dmitrizmom -  Pieathlon, May 11, 2013

JayGee & DD1 - St. Louis Girls on the Run 5k, May 11, 2013 - 41:00

realrellim - Colfax Marathon, May 19, 2013 - 4:00:44

tjsmama - Colfax 1/2 Marathon, May 19, 2013 - 2:15:54

Dmitrizmom -  Gladiator Assault Challenge, May 19, 2013

Mel38 - Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series #1, May 19, 2013 - 1:26:37

realrellim - Boulder Bolder 10k, May 27, 2013 - 53:11

tjsmama - Boulder Bolder 10k, May 27, 2013 - 59:07

Mel38 - Lowcountry Splash 2.4 mile swim, June 1, 2013 - 57:36

Nickarolaberry - Amica Iron Horse Half Marathon, June 2, 2013 - 2:30-ish

Dmitrizmom - Grinnell Games Half Marathon, June 8, 2013

mel38 - Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series #2, June 16, 2013 - 1:26:03 PR!

tjsmama - Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic Tri, June 22, 2013

realrellim - Winter Park Half Marathon, June 29, 2013

realrellim - Run for Independence, July 6, 2013

Dmitrizmom - Iowa Games Triathlon, July 14, 2013 - 1:41:06

bec - Door County Triathlon - Half Ironman, July 21, 2013 - 7:55 PR!!

poppywise - The Giant Race San Francisco Half Marathon, August 4, 2013 - 2:39:12

Dmitrizmom - Run for Blood, August 4, 2013 -  (31:52 a PR by over 3 minutes!!)

mel38 - Charleston Sprint Tri Series #5, August 11, 2013 - 1:31:20

tjsmama - Rattlesnake Triathlon Crazy Back-to-Back (Oly & Sprint), August 17-18, 2013 - 3:23:10 & 1:27:39

Realrellim - Rattlesnake Sprint Tri, August 18, 2013 1:32:23

Realrellim - West Side Duathlon, August 25, 2013

mel38 - Francis Marion Dirt Dash Half Marathon, September 7, 2013 - 2:25:22

1joojFox Cities Half, Sept 22, 2013

Nickarolaberry - Providence Rock n Roll half marathon, Sept 29, 2013 - 2:08:54

bec  - Des Plaines River Trail Half Marathon, October 19, 2013 - 2:51 with DD2 & DH!

tjsmama - Rock n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon, October 20, 2013 - 2:06:48 (course PR!!)

realrellim - Kooky Spooky Half Marathon, October 26, 2013 - 1:56:26 (PR!!!)

tjsmama - New York Marathon, November 3, 2013 - 4:44:59

mel38 - New York Marathon, November 3, 2013 - 4:46:31

Nickarolaberry - Monson Memorial Classic - November 10, 2013 - 2:13:20

Loftmama - Milam Settlers Day 5k - November 23, 2013

2010 Results

2011 Results

2012 Results

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#9 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 11:04 AM

Jaygee~I laughed out loud and scared ds1 about the "atomic elbow".  Still snickering at the name!  Oh kids!!  Why can't they just all get along?? 

RR: been doing body weight work outs and feel my arms getting stronger already.  I am also eating better as in, less crap food and more real food, fish oil daily instead of when I feel like it, flax daily, etc.  Here's to a good looking spring for me! 

NRR: ds2 and ds3 got braces this morning.  woah.  $1200 down payment and $300 a month.  Thanking God for dh's raise!!!  Also have found a lady in bible study who delivers Sunday papers who always has excess coupon inserts that she is now giving me weekly.  I save 4 times more money a month than I make part time.  Dh is questioning me working the little I do, so I might not be working weekends come the new year?  It doesn't bother me either way.  My couponing is like a part time job anyway with the time I invest and the savings we get. 

More later!

Lisa

#10 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the thread!! I love the dingo bells, and it stops me from groaning about how it's already December. As a Northern dingo, I say Bring on the Light!!! Sunrise today was 7:57, sunset is at 4:21. Yuck.

Academic dingoes, when should/does one start calling themselves a candidate for a degree. My new department wants to call me an MPH candidate, but I thought this was reserved for "almost finished" or "finished but not yet convocated" degrees, not "Mel who hopes to graduate in 2015".

I am locked in my office and just submitted by final paper for the semester. I'm halfway through my student evaluations and WILL finish in the next hour and a half. It means no run or swim today, but probably worth it for the peace of mind of being doooooone for the semester (teaching tomorrow and meeting with students on Thursday, aside).

RM, I like the new avatar. Hooray for a good-looking spring!

tjsmama, way to dominate the 2014 race list. I'm thinking about if/when I'll race next year...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#11 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

MelW - As soon as you are in the program, you are a candidate!! (whether you make it there is another story whistling.gif)

more later, busy...

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#12 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

Academic dingoes, when should/does one start calling themselves a candidate for a degree. My new department wants to call me an MPH candidate, but I thought this was reserved for "almost finished" or "finished but not yet convocated" degrees, not "Mel who hopes to graduate in 2015".

depends on the program. Usually phd programs: candidate implies you've passed your written/oral exams (aka comps) and are ABD (all but the dissertation done).

4 km ski with girlies. Still snowing.

Remember the hungry caterpillar story? Still hungry?

Well this is still snowing. I'm going to post a pic from my phone. (fair warning for the double post).

#13 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 01:27 PM

tjsmama likes this.

#14 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM

jog.gif

Subbing, and I also stillheart.gif the thread title!
Quote:

tjsmama, way to dominate the 2014 race list. I'm thinking about if/when I'll race next year...
lol.gif That's just because I signed up for three of them in one fell swoop of insanity in July! orngtongue.gif Although, actually, I signed up for the Rock n Roll 1/2 again at the expo. And I may have just entered the lottery for NYC again. Yeah, I have a problem. bag.gif

mel38~Can you add Rock n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon on Oct 19? blowkiss.gif

Checking in from 30,000 feet on my final leg back home (thank you, in-flight wifi and a BF who has a subscription that he gave me the login for!)...Mexico was amazing. Just way, way, way, WAY too short. I'm so glad that I got the chance to go. It really was an unbelievable experience, in so many different ways. I got to experience Ironman first hand, which was inspiring, terrifying, exciting, and so many other adjectives. And I got a little (a very little) vacation time with C, which was probably better than the IM part. orngtongue.gif

rr~I got lucky on the way down and met a girl in the security line who heard my cowbell when I put my suitcase up on the belt and asked if I was going to Cozumel. We started chatting and I learned that she was on a flight directly to Cozumel (I was flying into Cancun and was going to have to take the bus to the ferry and spend about 3 hours getting there after landing). I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if I could switch to that flight, and I got really lucky and was able to get on! So instead of rolling into Cozumel around 8 pm and eating/showering and going straight to bed, I actually got to spend a couple of hours with C, have dinner with him and help him get all his stuff around for the next morning. We were up around 3 for breakfast and last minute preparations before getting a cab down to the swim start. There were two other racers and their families staying in the house with us and C's parents, so as any good sherpa would do, I went with the athletes and the families came in a later cab. they changed the swim course kind of last minute around 6pm on Saturday due to expected bad current conditions. Last year's race had bad currents and nearly 30% of the field either DNF'ed or missed the swim cut-off, so the rumor was that the Mexican Tri Federation was afraid that if something like that happened again, IM would pull the event from Cozumel next year. So, instead of the normal loop, they made all the athletes climb on buses and go up the coast about a mile and a half to a resort that let them start the swim there. It ended up being a 1.9 mile point to point swim, with the current, rather than 2.4. C was a little disappointed, since he's a swimmer but I don't think anyone was TOO upset about it. You better believe that I'm not going to let him forget that he *only* did 140.1, though. winky.gif The bummer for the spectators was that we didn't get to see the start, since only athletes were allowed. So I hung around the swim exit and waited. The first male pro came out of the water at 32 minutes, which is crazy fast, even with the shortened course. C beat 7 male pros and had a 41 minute swim! Good for 20th in his division!.

After the swim, I found (somehow, I have no idea how) C's parents and the rest of the group, and we eventually caught a cab out of the park and into town so we could cheer on the bike and run courses. It was kind of a mess getting out of there, but we made it and got a good spot on the course with about 10 minutes to spare before C came through. It was about two hours between loops, so we hung out and cheered and rang cowbell and waited. While we were waiting, I got filmed by some people in official media t-shirts holding one of my signs and ringing my cowbell, so I have no idea where that may show up someday. :-) We went to grab a snack in between the second and third loops of the bike and made it back to the bike-in entrance to transition in time to see one of the other racers we were staying with come in. We were starting to get a little worried about C, since he was behind what we expected him based on the first two loops, but luckily I could see the bike rack and the transition bags and could tell that he hadn't come in yet. Turns out the third loop got REALLY windy on the back of the island and took it out of a lot of people.

We booked it around transition (through a wal-mart like store, no less, lol) to catch him coming out on the run and then planted ourselves on the run course to cheer. The run was a straight out and back, 3 loops, so 6 chances to see people, which was cool. I had four different signs, three of them funny ones, and I loved seeing people's reactions as they read them. Nothing better than watching someone who's miserable start laughing. orngbiggrin.gif C came around for his second loop and was looking pretty miserable but still going. Right after the second loop there was a HUGE rainstorm that came through and absolutely dumped...and then kept raining steadily on and off for a good hour o two more. It kind of sucked in some ways, but it was also kind of good because it cooled things off a lot. C looked MUCH better when he came around for his third loop, and we headed to grab a bite to eat before going over to the finish line. We were planted in the stands waiting when I heard Mike Reilly announce his name with those magic words "YOU ARE AN IRONMAN"! Even with the shortened swim (which we figure took about 20 minutes off his time), he smashed his goal and finished in 12:54! I am SO very proud of him, he did amazing!!!

After his finish, we took him to dinner and then his parents took all his stuff back to the house and he and I stayed for the finish line party...the last magical hour of Ironman when you're trying to cheer those last athletes out on the course in to beat the cutoff. It was a pretty amazing experience. There was a marriage proposal, and a guy with some sort of spine injury (I think) who had been pushed/pulled the whole race by three other guys. Pretty cool. I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to go and experience it in person, and I feel slightly more prepared for my own now. Slightly. But not really!

So anyway...yesterday was a pretty low-key day. C was feeling pretty good (mostly just a little sore and he has blisters like you wouldn't believe on his feet from the rain), so we rented a scooter and drove around the island, and then we went on a pirate dinner cruise with his parents, which was pretty entertaining. It was super cheesy, but the rum punch was flowing quite freely so it was fun! And then C and I headed to the ferry to get me over to Cancun for my flight this morning. greensad.gif I really shouldn't complain, it was an incredible trip, but two and a half days was not nearly enough! Alas, it's back to real life and work tonight. Which should be interesting on the four hours of sleep I got last night. Eek.

Sorry for the novel...can you imagine how long the race report will be after MY ironman? lol.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#15 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Mel. i agree with kerc, "candidtate" means you've past the last exam hurdle besides thesis/defense exam. So for a MS, that's upon completion of coursework, for PhD, that's passing comps/quals.

Off to dinner with job candidate. I'm in (academic) love.
#16 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Huh, well, there ya go shrug.gif

#17 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 06:24 PM

:D Up before the sun and getting ready to head out. Not that it's hard to be up before the sun in December. 6:52 sunrise, 5:34 sunset.

kerc, :cold 

#18 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 06:52 PM

Kerc - I giggles about your crummy looking turkey and flylady-ing.  I may just click over to her site again and see what I've forgotten.  All I remember is that I should shine my sink.

MelW - Any word on dh's interview?

Lofty - :hug It sounds like a full weekend with all the reminders of MIL.  I'm glad you had some good times with the sad.

JazzHarmony - tiphat.gif Welcome.  I'd suggest erring on the side of resting too, and continue with RICE and vitamin I.

Gaye - I love the pictures on FB.  It sounds like a great 2.5 days.  How were his parents?  It occurred to me that there is really no better way to get to know someone's parents than by hanging out cheering for their son at a 12+ hour event.  They must be head over heels for you by now.  And you and C make a ridiculously cute couple.  You kind of look like each other, in a sweet, awwww way.

RM - :dizzy Double braces!  Yikes!  I'm impressed wth your couponing though, that's serious if it could take the place of income!

Thanks for the new thready Sparkle!  

RR: Boxed my brains out this morning.  It felt really good.  The difference between a workout when I'm fighting a cold and not is pretty astounding.

NRR: Haven't figured out how to answer my brother's email yet, for which I am sure points are being deducted.  But  I am so relieved that my mom is safely back on her own turf!  She tells me that she's having trouble remembering things.  She used a lot of Ambien before it became known that it had some troubling side effects.  She says she's pretty much given it up entirely except for when she travels but she has some blood chilling stories.  Like waking up with a huge burn on her arm that she doesn't remember getting. So I think it's safe to start bracing myself for the time when she needs serious care and the callous me wonders if I can answer my brother in a way that might make it more likely that he would like to help out in caring for her when the time comes. A girl can have her delusions right?

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#19 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 09:18 PM

Plady :rotflmao the only thing I ever remember about flylady is shining the sink. I do get a little bit of a bump in mood when my sink is shiny, but then someone uses it. Glad you boxed your head off. And yes, Mom's story is scary.

jazzharmony, the week off and continued RICE is a good idea; you might look up some good stretches to add, as long as you have downtime?

I ran most of the out, walked the back, for about 6mi total. Felt great. Humidity out there makes the painted brick of the Corniche turn kind of greasy-slippery, so there were some spots that were just not for running. Also, the workers are spraying some very frightening-smelling substances on the ornamentals out there. Next, I am going up the stairs to the roof to check out the weights and add some strength exercises to the routine. I am ready to get a little hardcore while the weather is cool.

#20 of 213 Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Mel38--can you add me to the race list for The Resolve Double (5K + 10K) on Jan 4? (Yeah, I know I said I wasn't doing any winter races this year, but the discount was good and the opportunity to do a supported 9-miler sounded awesome. Also, I may need to run that much just to recover from the NY trip!)

kerc--happy skiing!

Geo--may the 10 days at least pass quickly.

MelW--it's a master's degree so I think it's fair game to call yourself a candidate if it's appropriate. I don't know how your program works, but when I did mine, we took comps and wrote the thesis during the last semester of coursework. That said, it's clearest to just focus on your expected completion date of 2015.

Plady--glad you got some boxing in.

1jooj--nice job!

jazzharmony--welcome! I have nothing new to add, but will echo that rest days should help.

It's snowing. Depending on who you believe, there could be half a foot out there tomorrow or a couple of inches. But it's cold and getting colder. That alone makes me want a snow day tomorrow. (Yes, the arctic cold turns me into a wuss every December. In my defense, it's very hard to adjust from the 60-degrees it was over the weekend and the 50 degrees it was up until around noon today to the 12 degrees it is 12 hours later. Bodies were not made for those extremes.)
cold.gif

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#21 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Tjsmama, LOVE the race report of bf! You seem so happy!

Plady, it's the toilet I remember every day. Swish every morning. Nope, don't do it.

Kerc, all I can think when I see your glorious pictures is, "18 hours...18 hours... 18hours" over and over. My guys cracked up when they heard that 18 hours away 18" snow fell. Glad you're all having so much fun in it!

RM, Ouch on the braces!

Mel, Jooj, Sparkle, MommaJB, Shanti, Nic, Jolly Dingo Bells to you!

RR: Got in a great 90 min hot yoga session yesterday. These yoga sessions are long, sweaty and leave my muscles just shaking. Very nice feeling after. No run, but may try again tomorrow. Oh wait, tomorrow is swim day! joy.gif

Okay so if you're a Disney fan, look on my FB page and see if you can access the story/photo I shared about a friend of mine's recent Disney experience. As I noted there, if you don't like Disney after reading her story, you will. If you do like Disney, you will love it more. If you can't access it due to her privacy settings, then I'll cut and paste her story (with permission) which, I think, is so worth sharing.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#22 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 04:05 AM

Good morning mamas.

I am, as ever, so thankful for the Dingoes. :stillheart

Mel, can you please add the Somerville Jingle Bell 5K Run (Dec. 15) to my race list? And also, the result that's missing was the Monson Memorial Classic (Nov. 10) 2:13:20.

I'm toying again with the idea of the Vermont City Marathon on Memorial Day weekend. I was supposed to do it last year...and didn't. I also entered the lottery for NYC. I'm sort of kicking myself, because if I would have entered the lottery last year, this year I would get an automatic entry (having entered the lottery and not gotten in the previous two years). I didn't because I was aggravated about Hurricane Sandy's aftermath with the NYCRR. Stupid of me and now that program is over. Bleh.

All kinds of thoughts running through my head about life and existential stuff, but nothing worth posting here probably. But I saw this and thought of all of us:  http://www.sengifted.org/archives/articles/existential-depression-in-gifted-individual

RR: 1000 yards in the pool this morning. Some early morning pool drama as one of the lane lines was not hooked up and this disrupted the regular-set's routine and self-assigned lanes :eyesroll. They hate it when I come only once a week! :lol  Fought pretty hard to get in my yards in a half hour (they don't open til 530 and I have to leave by 6 to get home to get everyone ready to go) and had a hard time finding a rhythm, which of course I finally found in the last three laps. 

I need someone to teach me how to flip turn. That problem with spatial judgement and proprioception I have makes it really hard (and scary...I don't want to choke.)

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#23 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 AM

Got you Gaye, Real, Nick :blowkiss

Whew, on day 3 of a sick child at home. DD2 ran a high fever Monday, much better yesterday, and now I'm wondering why I kept her home again today. :blah  I am not getting very much work done. :lol

Kerc - I am sooooo jealous of your snow!

jazzharmony - I'll just agree with the others about resting it well. And tiphat.gif welcome!

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#24 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 AM

MelW~ avatar had been the same for many years so I was due a change.  I thought that was cute.  Cuter than my ugly mug, lol.

Mel38~hope dd is on the mend fast!  Oy!  I know that you mean about feeling bad for them and not getting anything done. 

Bec and others commenting on it~ thanks for the flylady reminder.  I'm looking at her website daily for the past couple of days,  to get in the thought process even though I haven't done any of it yet.  I'm processing. 

Kerc~love the snow ski pictures

Gaye~love the race report, it was a fun read.  Happy for your bf and you.  :)

RR: today is a work out day, yesterday with the braces was a rest day.  I'm having a good hair day and supposed to go out with a friend tonight so I doubt it will happen, lol.  I went to lunch with DS2 because it was his first day to eat lunch at school with his braces and he was nervous, so it cut into my work out time. 

#25 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 PM

I always associate fly lady with wearing shoes and socks in the house.

Mel, I hope you have healthy kids soon. I came home early for a puking little one today.

Kerc, nice snow!

Husband's interview process went well, so now it's wait and see. He's feeling excited about the possibility and it's a bit contagious. They are interviewing four people and he thinks that at least one is a very strong candidate. If it doesn't happen, I'm grateful that I have job security here.

#26 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 03:23 PM

wave.gif jazzharmony! Welcome!

plady~ The parents were pretty good. They're very nice. Dad is a little interesting sometimes, lol, but they are both very nice and treated me really well while we were there. I had to almost force my way to pay for one or two things while we were there (seriously...I think I paid for my flights, a few cab rides, and one lunch, that's it...people would NOT let me pay for stuff!). It's kind of funny, actually, C's mom reminds me a LOT of my XMIL (who I love dearly). I think they like me ok, too, I hope. orngtongue.gif

mel38~I forgot another race...I signed up with a Black Friday deal for the Runnin' of the Green Lucky 7k on March 16. bag.gif Yes, I have a problem, why do you ask? lol.gif

It is bitterly cold and snowy here. Which is really sad considering where I was yesterday morning. And that C is still down there and they were spending the day riding scooters around the island to various snorkel spots. I would SO much rather be there than here! greensad.gif Oh well, back to reality, right? And at least he comes back tomorrow, although not till after I'm at work. In the meantime, I had my first night orienting to learn labor last night! I was kind of terrified, especially because I was so tired from the trip, but it went pretty well. My preceptor is awesome and pretty much just had me shadow for the most part. We had one lovely delivery (where the baby unfortunately went to the nicu...it was late preterm, so not unexpected, but still sad) and then admitted another patient right before shift change. I mostly worked on learning to chart fetal monitoring strips, but I think tonight I will be expected to do a little more. And I got a little more sleep, so that's ok. smile.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#27 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Have fun learning L&D, Gaye!

I forgot to say thank you earlier to kerc and geo and sparkle for the candidate advice. Interestingly my husband had the same answer as sparkle, so I wonder if it's an Arts/Science divide. In a professional program like mine I would guess that coursework done and all but practicum/final project to finish. I'm just going to leave it off for now, but if I get asked again I'll call my department and ask (seems too easy of a solution, right?)

My youngest is having intermittent bad abdominal pain. Can everyone send out some healthy "not appendicitis" vibes? I'm worried I'll be making an ER trip this evening greensad.gif

#28 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

MelW - I figured, if you have been accepted to the program, you have passed some line in the sand that demarcates those who qualify to potentially earn this degree and those who dont (similar to whatever qualifications are required to become a candidate for the Presidency)... goodvibes.gif to your DD

Gaye - sounds fun! Very cute pics on FB.

Nic - interested in your thoughts if you decide to elucidate on Yahoo

JG - the arm name cracked me up too (although now I cant remember it redface.gif)

Jo - drove through the Abiqiui area on our way home last wknd and thought of you. I hope you have a restorative mini-vacation

NRR: spent TG in Pagosa Springs in a vrbo with 2 other local families we've known for years. It was mostly really nice, only bad when the kids lost it, which was ongoing as they were losing 2-3 hours of sleep a night from staying up playing with their friends, and sleeping 6 kids in one room was kind of a joke. Now headed to UT for the weekend for climbing cold.gif Not psyched for the cold. Not much to report, or, not much I want to after being sketched out by mjb redface.gif Thinking of you all

#29 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Interestingly my husband had the same answer as sparkle, so I wonder if it's an Arts/Science divide. In a professional program like mine I would guess that coursework done and all but practicum/final project to finish. I'm just going to leave it off for now, but if I get asked again I'll call my department and ask (seems too easy of a solution, right?)

My youngest is having intermittent bad abdominal pain. Can everyone send out some healthy "not appendicitis" vibes? I'm worried I'll be making an ER trip this evening greensad.gif

My husband (history) said the same thing as me. Hmm.

Hope your little one is ok!

#30 of 213 Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM

:goodvibesnot appendicitis...not appendicitis...

Nic, I would read you.

Gaye, this sounds like it is going so well. Great holidays ahead. :thumb

lofty, wish I could do yoga with you. I keep saying I am going to, but for whatever reason, I don't make myself unless in a class. And that's been rare these past weeks.

Today, school tour, so no run. Might be the perfect day to take my mat to the roof for a nice, warm hour of yoga. Little sore from yesterday's run, anyway.

I submitted some writing to a contest yesterday. I have no delusions, just trying to establish a routine of finishing and submitting.

Tags
Fitness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page