Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm completely uncoordinated, and also very out of shape. Can anyone recommend a beginner workout DVD for cardio and one for strength training, or possibly one that combines the two? I have tried things like Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs, but I'm looking for other recommendations. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
There may be some nice youtube videos out there too.
Best
#3 of 5 Old 03-12-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm kind of in the same boat, looking for something to get me back into the swing of regularly working out. I agree with the youtube suggestion, just takes some experimenting with different ones to find one that works for you and that you actually like well enough to keep doing it! Good luck :)

Single student mama to dd 5/04 and ds 11/07.

#4 of 5 Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I don't have a video but a tip : start slowly, but consistently, and do what you like. After the baby, I started by riding my bike to work, 3-4 times a week. I lost 10 lbs the first month, then plateaud. So I started including a couple of walks a week (+ the bike riding). Then I started running, doing yoga, the dvd 30 day Shred and I lost 22 lbs in 4 months and felt GREAT!

Dance dvds (zumba, etc), pilates, yoga for beginners are great videos for beginners!

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#5 of 5 Old 03-18-2014, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am in the same boat.  My favorites for an uncoordinated person are kettle bell workouts and barre workouts.  I found both of them on you tube.  Other than that, walking and biking are great.

ashrightler88 likes this.

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page