8 week healthy weight loss challenge Number 15 (starts April 28, join anytime) - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#211 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'm exercising more than I have in my whole life. I counted it up and I walked 55 miles in May. However, I still don't fit into some of my skirts and I could still be mistaken for a pregnant woman. I asked a couple of slender older mothers who have had a few more children than me and they said maybe genetics (my mom isn't skinny anymore either) and age (I'm almost 30) and after we discovered that we all have thyroid problems, one said not to eat cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. It's frustrating...maybe I should just give away the skirts that don't fit (or that fit but hurt) at the end of the 8 weeks. My doctor and my husband both tell me I'm not overweight though.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#212 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 06:38 AM
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
I didn't report on Monday; we've been out of town. I don't think my number will be good, but I will report this Monday.
I was right--NOT good. I am up to 183. In addition to the vacation, we had a family event and a couple "end of year" events. This week should be better.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#213 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
127.64 back to where i was on week 2 of this challenge ....

have made so many un-wise food choices lately, (fuelled by stress and emotional eating with poor sleep paterns ...)

Catholic mama, look in the traditonal food forum, there are threads about the Harcombe way of eating and the 5:2 diet .... i have been trying to loose pregnancy weight for 13 years, with very little results ... until i started following the Harcombe way of eating for a few weeks last November & it changed my life, litterally (now, i' m having quite a few "extras" that are not on phase 2 of the plan ... yet i can more or less maintain my weight loss, within about 4 pounds .... my own plateau i could stop loosing now but i would like to get down to 123 lb or so if i can ... )
am now combining Harcombe with 5:2 when i can ....
it really makes sense ... i lost weight whilst enjoying food this past winter .... = worth looking into imo ....
#214 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Allison, yeah I need to get back on the writing down food band wagon.

Today is my birthday. I am 38 years old.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#215 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

I've been working every minute I can when dh is home. Big job, already nearly 20 hours into it, almost finished. When I'm working a lot, I eat a lot because my work can be very physical. Last night I stopped by the minimart to get snacks before going home and loaded up on candy for every body, chips and ice cream (and OJ), all because I was hungry and tired and so so DONE. I could feel the primeval woman in me feeling exhausted and hoarding all the fattiest, calorie dense food I can forage!

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#216 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Happy Birthday Lilac !!!!! (and renewed thanks for your good work ...)
#217 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
188.5 I was the same weight last week too. Too many chips after hockey. Finally, I got a new blender. Back to smoothies after hockey. Less salt and healthier.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#218 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
@lilacvioletiris Happy happy Birthday to you! Wishing you all the joy your heart can hold in the coming year!

I am at 143 today! How crazy and wonderful! Last week was AF so maybe water weight was masking some of my earlier weight loss? Yesterday we had a b-day party for my DS and I partook of the pizza and beer but not the cupcakes. I didn't do any formal exercise last week (except a few short yoga sessions- <15 mins) but I did a LOT of gardening (at least 20 hrs last week) and I have been trying to eat my biggest meal earlier in the day (dinner in the early afternoon with something more like a snack for supper- like cukes in vinegar and a piece of cheese) and oddly enough the new eating pattern has helped with before bed cravings. Also a pot of herbal tea at night has helped ( I have to get up to pee in the night but am not feeling hungry until morning). My sister has talked me into running a half-marathon Labor Day weekend. I am somewhat anxious and worried because I have never in my life run more than 5 miles, but I am glad to have a goal to keep me active. The 12 week training plan starts tomorrow (today is a rest day) with 3 miles scheduled on Tues, Wed, & Thurs. My mom has agreed to join me for a three day juice cleanse this week, 5 juices a day with a raw veggie dinner. My other sister did it a few weeks ago and said she had tons of energy but since it is the first week of training I may do more of a walk/run thing. This is the link if anyone's interested: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/joe-c...-juice-cleanse

@Catholic Mama How frustrating! I have added weight loss/ gain to the things that completely mystify me. For the year after my baby I tried everything to lose some weight and nothing worked. Eventually I just figured I was gaining muscle mass and the fat would come off eventually. And it did, for a while, and then my weight bounced up again. I would say get rid off anything that hurts, swimming in your clothes, which will happen once your body catches up with your exercise habits (wow, 55 miles!) will feel awesome, maybe keep one or two favorites that you can pack away and try again in the fall. Age is definitely an issue and I think it is probably beneficial to be a little heavier in one's 30's. As I understand it all women start loosing muscle mass and bone density in their 40's and beyond so it makes sense to peak in weight in early to mid-30's, especially if you are being active and building muscle, seems to me it would be protective of future health. Hang in there!
#219 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 172.5 today (175 last Monday if you want to keep it update.) I've been so sick since Friday I've hardly eaten. I have some major sinus congestion going on. I'm so stuffed up that swallowing is difficult and I can't taste anything so eating hasn't really been a top priority. I've pretty much just been laying in bed sleeping and nursing the baby.
#220 of 235 Old 06-09-2014, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My computer is dead so until then I can't post!
Sorry!
It's in the 90s here but I still manage so exercise every day. The eating part is not as good as it should. Feeling great though. Hope everybody is doing good! Hopefully I'll be back sometime this month!

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#221 of 235 Old 06-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry! I kept forgetting to check in. 191.
#222 of 235 Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM

MsBe thank you for that helpful advice and perspective! I will keep that in mind. With that in mind I'd rather maintain a healthy weight and gain muscle so that I will still have some after I lose it in my 40s than lose too much now and not be healthy in my 30s and then not have much to lose in my 40s. (if I understand that right) I returned a skirt to the dollar store - the only modest thing I could find to buy there - it was plenty long, but not wide enough and I would probably have to lose at least another 10 pounds which isn't happening and might not be healthy. At least two skirts are nice enough that I am keeping them to see if I will fit into them after more exercise, and I will wait until my 40s if necessary. Some other skirts fit and I have plenty of dresses to be comfortable and look nice in. Thanks again.

Jaxy I'm sorry about your computer situation and I hope it improves soon!

#223 of 235 Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
I'm checking in today because we are going camping this week.
Still 143. And that's after my juice cleanse, (which was actually kinda fun, I might do it again next month,) and running a fair bit (about 11 miles total this week).
#224 of 235 Old 06-15-2014, 03:27 PM

Homemade Father's Day M&M cookies--GO AWAY!

NO! I DIDN'T MEAN THAT WAY!

GO AWAY AWAY!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#225 of 235 Old 06-15-2014, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Happy Birthday, Lilac!! Thank you again for all your work on these threads.

63.5kg (140lb)

Damn it! Eating WAY to much chocolate. Will try to do better this week.
#226 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Week 7's results - usually I try to get that posted before weigh in day, oops.

Attached Images
File Type: png 15week7.png (17.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: png 15week7blue.png (15.8 KB, 26 views)

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!

Last edited by lilacvioletiris; 06-16-2014 at 03:21 AM.
#227 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

week 8 weigh in - 223.6
I exercised more this last week, but ice cream with fresh strawberries called my name a couple times in the last few days. Ugh. Hopefully the summer vegetables will help me get back on the downward direction.

I am going to post up the next 8 week challenge. Hard to believe this one is done today!

#228 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Challenge 16 weight loss thread, come on over and sign up for the next 8 weeks.

8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 16 starts June 23, 2014, join anytime

#229 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 AM

Guess.

This has been the weirdest 8 weeks. I've been weighing myself almost daily and except for a couple of dips I have stayed within a 3# range. Sometimes Monday's weigh-in caught the low, sometimes it caught the high. Today it caught the median.

Sorry it wasn't a loss, ladies! I am pleased that I haven't seen that 164 like I saw just before this challenge. I've stopped the upward creep!

I think I'll duck out of this next challenge. Good luck!

#230 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Not ending super strong: 178.5. Towards the end of last week, I was below 178 but the weekend was worse than I thought. (I don't count calories on the weekend so my weight does tend to be higher on Monday than on Friday.)

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#231 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#232 of 235 Old 06-16-2014, 07:24 PM

Belated happy birthday to you, lilacvioletiris!

SweetSilver I'm ducking out of the next one too. This one has been very discouraging to me weight loss wise. However I think I remember saying originally that my goal is to be in the low 150s (or high 140s) and I have been in the low 150s the whole time, so maintenance wise I'm doing well.

#233 of 235 Old 06-17-2014, 03:58 AM

so ... only lost about one pound and a half over the last two months ...

annoyed with myself for the weight to creep back up .. but then, made poor food choices repeatedly over the last 4 days (due to functions we were attending & not wanting to cook on top of it, so "making do" with what was on offer ...) as a result, i felt like a food addict again on Monday morning & nearly slumped on my chair dozing off during a meeting in the afternoon, is spite of drinking 3 sugared coffee and eating a dozen of cookies to keep me going (& ended up getting two packs of crisps on credit from the community center, having turned up without my purse for the activities i had scheduled on that day , & with a bit of fat eaten, i eventually perked up enough to be able to collect DD2 from the school gate - i could have slept on the gravel road in the middle of the throng of parents, i was SO SO tired suddently ...)

Today i've re-committed to follow the phase 2 eating guidelines of the Harcombe eating plan & i am starting to feel a little better (in spite of a cold, kindly passed on from DS, who got it from school last week ...)
SO ... i'm hoping i can have a not so terrible number for Monday next week !!!!
#234 of 235 Old 06-17-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic Mama View Post
so maintenance wise I'm doing well.
Yes, here's to maintenance! A struggle in and of itself.

(Would you like to cut the cake or shall I? )
Catholic Mama likes this.

#235 of 235 Old 06-19-2014, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've been so flaky the past few weeks. (End of the school year - all routines go to hell.) The scale wasn't working on Monday. I weighed in on Tuesday at 191.

Tags
Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page