Beating obesity at its best - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-16-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I never knew that "A typical 4oz. muffin was listed as two servings, even though people ate the whole muffin. A 20 oz. soda was labeled as two servings, even though a whole bottle was consumed by one person in a single serving"

Reference: Dr Jack Wolfson

http://wolfsonintegrativecardiology.com/new-nutrition-food-labels-proposed-fda/#sthash.iQc1G57Q.dpuf

​This makes sense that as I get older the more weight I put on and I know I am addicted to eating more than the recommended daily amount necessary to run my body.  The trick is how do you do it, how do you start a diet cold turkey? Is it a cleanse you have to start before going on a diet? uhhhhgggg I will be doing the paleo diet soon but getting there and always saying that I will do it tomorrow is where it starts.

Starting today is the mindset and doing it, I think. 

Me: 5'8" 190 with a square shaped body, ideal weight is 160-165 for a better look and better performance. 

#2 of 4 Old 05-16-2014, 05:24 PM

The key for me is to focus on good fats. Everything you hear is low-fat low-fat lowfat, but our bodies really need good fats. Paleo encourages up to 50% of your daily calories to be fat. Some people mix a little raw honey with grass fed butter to help them when they feel hungry. Just a little spoonful will quickly ease cravings. When you stop being carb based, you'll find you are satisfied far longer.
#3 of 4 Old 05-17-2014, 03:24 AM

some of my friends say the same. Many people think its the "Good fats" that the body needs, rather than No fats at all. Infact many of them don't care about fat counts at all.......as long as its coupled with good exercise. God knows 

#4 of 4 Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Knowing that helps immensely.. Thank you! I was thinking  of carrying around olives to pass the hunger cravings  

Tags
Fitness , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page