I think it is time to change it up because some people find us in the middle of a challenge and don't feel they can jump in, but may lose their momentum by the time the next challenge starts. So continuing with this challenge, I will add those newcomers to our teams, keep track of their weight loss percentages and add it to the teams total for however long they are a part of the team to keep everyone motivated! The longer you participate, the better for your team.
Words of wisdom from Milk8shake (with minor modifications):
The version 1 thru version 15 eight week challenges were a great success, and many of us are up for another eight weeks - we're opening it up for any newbies who would like to join the next round of the challenge.
Please read below.
Background: The thought came to my head because I joined the "losing weight in 2012" thread, but I didn't have much motivation, and I had no-one to be accountable to. I was thinking about the Biggest Loser, and how teams can be such a motivation. So, I thought I would throw this out there for anyone who needs to get some weight loss happening, but just can't seem to get off the couch.
The challenge: Commit to an eight week weight loss challenge. You'll be assigned to a team, and your weight loss percentage will be measured on an individual and a team basis. The team with the highest loss percentage at the end of the eight weeks will be the winner. This is a TEAM effort. If you lose, your team wins! Your weekly progress will be updated on the leader board for all to see.
- You have to be willing to commit to the challenge beginning June 23, 2014 and ending August 11, 2014
- You have to be willing to commit to exercising a minimum of 4 x 30 minute sessions per week - the type of exercise is up to you!
- You have to be willing to check in and update your progress and weight at least weekly on Mondays.
- You have to be willing to share your weight and your height. (By PM if you are shy) You may not join if losing 1 lb / .5 kg per week will put you in an underweight category according to your BMI (check here) at the end of eight weeks.
- You may not join if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant during the challenge, weight loss up to your BFP will be added to the team challenge, but then I will ask that you wait until after your baby is born to join again.
The prize: A thinner waistline, a slimmer derriere, and the opportunity to bask in the glory of the winning team. The challenge will not start until Monday, June 23, 2014. Sign up now to let us know you are interested so I can begin making teams.
lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life
(42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys
born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12
BS 2 goal: 6/7/17
no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!