MDC Weight-loss Club: Monday Weigh-In (May 25) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Melissa, good to see you here. : You've helped me out more than you know. Thanks again.

Mama to 3:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isosmom
Hi Melissa, good to see you here. : You've helped me out more than you know. Thanks again.
Did you end up trying the cleanse? I see you have become vegan. That's pretty close.

Melissa S
#33 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 02:36 PM

I've started to cut out sugar, caffeine, and yeasted breads from my diet. Dh is out of town right now and when he comes back we're moving, so I'll prob do the cleanse once all that is over next month. I'm also looking into alt methods of birth control, lots of changes, doin the baby steps.

Mama to 3:
#34 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
PS- I think Quirky is 5'2" as well... funny that I remember that! LOL
How's the weather down there, short stuff?

(Said from my lofty height of 5'4")

:

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#35 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 04:09 PM

Well I had my second workout with my trainer today. I LOVE IT! I told him I wanted to get down to a size 8 again, fix my posture/stop my shouldres from rolling forward, and regain my abdominal strength. And he put together a great program for that, so I am very excited. And he has really pushed me in my workouts (I was kind of half arsing it before). So I am totally excited.
I am TRYING to be good with food and follow Dr. Phil's diet, but I am having some motivational problems on that front. sigh.
#36 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

It's great to have so many new people joining us and so many people returning to check in. Anyone is welcome to join by just posting when they are ready. There is no reason to be embrassed (although, having been fat my whole life as a woman in a culture that makes us very ashamed of ourselveds for this, I certianly understand why people are shy to start writing it down). I am also a veggie, although I didn't post on the buddies thread because I am kind of busy lately and didn't want to end up being a bad buddy.

If I didn't rememeber that brusselsprout is 5'11, I'd start feeling pretty tall at 5'8, what with Quirky looking down from 5'4!

I have to get back on track. Being sick got me cocky because I lost 6 pounds this week. But, the ice cream I broke down and ate and my lack of working out (I have gone twice, alhtough I had to take it easy because I still have this awful cold), is going to make next week tough to face if I don't shape up!

best,

Megan

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#37 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky
How's the weather down there, short stuff?

(Said from my lofty height of 5'4")

:

Two inches is two inches... okay, I know what it was... we used to weigh the same every week for awhile!

Weather's a bit stormy down here with the arrival of for the forst time in 22 months

#38 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 06:57 PM

Hee hee! I am feeling positively Amazonian now

What is it with AF this week? She stormed into my life the same day I got Sick No Fair!! I just want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head. Ah well, at least that means the only thing I am indulging in is soup and not the chocolate hiding in the back of my freezer
#39 of 40 Old 05-28-2004, 01:01 PM

Hi guys!

I'll be back on the ball next week. I had a really severe case of poison ivy a few weeks back and got put on Prednisone. It immediately made me ballon up. Now I'm off the meds, and can focus on losing again. I unfortunately need to lose some pounds gained back.. But oh well.
#40 of 40 Old 05-31-2004, 04:54 PM

oops into next week....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page