MDC Weight-loss Club: Monday Weigh-In (May 25) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Morning! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I have been sick the last two days, which seems be be great for my weight, but not so good for me in general! So, I have some surprising results today, but they are a fluke because of illness.

Last Weeks Weight: 171
Current weight: 165
Total loss this week: 6 lb (!!!!)
Total loss since baby: 60 lbs
Total loss since September: 47 lbs
Total Loss since joining MDC Club on 2/9: 28 lbs
New Goal: 160 for my birthday (July 21)

At this rate, I'll waste away if I don't get beter soon! Hope evryone is feeling better than me.

best,

Megan

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

OOps, I have the wrong date on the thread!! Now you know I am not lying about being sick!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#3 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 11:14 AM

I have been ill too! I worked out in the yard on Saturday and didn't drink enough!

Last week: 154 lbs
This week: 151.5
Lost: 3 lbs

I hope you feel better Megan!

Rachel
#4 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 11:47 AM

Well, is gone but I don't have good news to report even though I worked out like crazy several days and walked the others. Oh well. I seem to have hit a plateau.

On the up side, I'm not gaining, and I have to keep in mind the big picture - I've lost 70 pounds since ds was born! Yay me! I'm now down to what I weighed 10 years ago. If I could lose 10 more pounds that would be awesome but I don't know if it will happen or not - I think I'm at a set point weight for me. I have to keep that in mind and not get too discouraged by the weekly lack of progress.

Just gotta keep on exercising!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 12:01 PM

Hi!

My goal was to manage the stress last week and I did well!!!
I might have drink a little more coffee than I should have but I didn't felt for sugar nor chocolate!

So my weight is still 129.

Now I want to focus on exercise to tone my body... if it results in weightloss, great! if not, it's not a problem. I'm comfortable with my weight right now but I would like a firmer silhouette

Have a nice week!

Valérie   
#6 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Last week: 183 lbs
This week: 180
Lost: 3 lbs ... 170's, here i come!
Total loss: 15 lbs
mini-goal: 175 by end of june
long term goal: 160 or lower

i am just so pleased with myself! i worked very hard last week, and it paid!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#7 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 01:07 PM

um, er, pass due to eating difficulties Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun

one success is that I did take a bosu yoga class last week and plan to go back. I also participated in a 2 mile walk/run. My first "organized" events in years!!! I also walked my usual 3-5 miles.
#8 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 02:00 PM

Well, I didn't do any weight training this week. I'm back in college and classes started, so things were hectic. I am going to get the weight training back in this week. Starting today. Last week I did take a looong walk with ds. We walked to the mall down the road, shopped, and came back. It was about an hour walk each way, and we walked in the mall for about an hour. I think I'm going to do this once a week from now on...it was great for both of us to get out of the house and I got all my cardio in one shot . Plus, that will be a great excuse to go shopping every week, hehe.

Highest weight while pregnant Feb 2003: 232
Start weight at MDC (Mar 04): 223.5
Last week: 221.0
This week: 219.4

Loss this week: 1.6 pounds
Total loss (MDC) : 4.1 pounds
Goal for next week's weigh in: 215

20.4 lbs to lose for June 2004 birthday goal of 199

74.4 lbs to lose for Ultimate Christmas 2004 Goal of 145 lbs

I made my weight loss goal steeper this week. I figure if I do my weight routine twice this week and also do the three hour walk it should do the trick. Oh yeah, and sit ups every day! In addition to exercise, continue these succesful things daily:
1) Drink 3-4 quarts of water
2) Drink 3-4 cups of yerbamate royale tea (wow, it sure helps with cravings!)
3) Drink 1 cup each of kombucha and beet kvass (these really help my digestion and really helps my weight loss...I really seem to stall out if I don't drink at least one of these daily)
4) Eat breakfast...if I don't I get really hungry and overeat later
5) Eat smaller meals and snacks throughout the day

Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you!

April

#9 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm impressed with y'all for keeping up the pace here!

I'm doing good!

Start weight: 140
Weight last week: 132
Weight this week: 131!!
Lost: 1lb
Total lost: 9lbs!

Goal: 124 by DS 1st birthday Augst 2004
I'm starting to think I a can realy do this. What's amazing too is it's getting much easier to lose weight!! I've completely changed the way I eat. I almost never have sugar. I don't drink. I rarely snack on anything other than fruit. I eat smaller portions for my meals and WOW it's actually working!! I'm so much less focused on food and it feels great.
And, my husband's finding me sexier too!
I didn't really exercise this week but I took a couple of quick walks. I'll try again and I hope to report that I've lost another lb when I check in next week!
Good luck to all!!
Chrissy

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#10 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 02:58 PM

Good news - still losing in spite of cupcake-baking-frenzy for dd's and ds' birthday party.

Height: 5'7"
Normal weight for me: Anywhere in the low/mid 150's
Weight pre-partum: Just found my old health/exercise journal this weekend - I weighed 156.0 when I did the pregnancy test, 2 days after I missed my period.

Weight post-partum: 218
Weight last week: 176
Weight this week: 174.5 45 lbs gone... 20 more to go!!
Mini-goal: 168.5
Ultimate goal: 155 (give or take)

I've been out walking every day this week, and have just been outdoors more in general due to nice weather (playing with dd/ds, gardening, etc).

We are going out of town to a wedding next month and I am soooo excited to be able to wear a pretty dress. Sounds superficial maybe, but it's literally been years (since pre-pregnancy, that would be well over 2 1/2 years ago now) since I felt halfway decent in clothes. I am dying to ditch my mama playclothes and girl it up for an evening. And by that I mean and not LOL
#11 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 04:09 PM

Hi, I have been lurking here and want to join you guys

I started walking this week every night with my boys and it feels really good to get out of the house and get moving!! I had been wanting to do a miniball pilates workout tape I bought, but my VCR is dead and I was tired of using that as an excuse to not get in gear.

My dad gave us two huge cases of water so I have been doubly reminded to drink and drink and drink my water

This stats thing is really hard for me to do, cuz I am kind of shy and stuff...but I guess the accountability is a good thing!

Height 5'11"
Weight post partum 313
Weight last week 260
Weight this week 256
Weight lost 4 lbs
Short term goal 232 by July 4th
Long term goal 165 (I stayed at this weight forever and ever so I have a feeling that is where I will land again, if I get down to 150 I start looking too thin for my body type, I would be satisfied at 175, but am really hoping for 165)

Taking the leap of courage and posting....
#12 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 04:41 PM

brusselsprout !!!

So far it sounds like you're off to a terrific start! That's a lot of walking. I wish I had started exercise earlier... it really helps.

Don't be shy here. I was 218/size 20 at 2 weeks post-partum (and I think 230 the day I actually delivered) -- and I'm INCHES shorter than you! -- when I first started and there were/are lots of other mamas with lots of weight to lose, but we're all making progress together.

This is the only group of people I will share my true weight with! :LOL

Come back every week (or two, if you're like me and forget from time to time) -- the whole stating goals and being accountable thing has been a HUGE motivator for me. And I would consider making your mini-goals mini-er. You want a feeling of accomplishment and something that feels do-able to strive for in a several-week long period of time. I've actually been thinking of making my mini-goals in 5 lbs not 10 lbs increments, since I'm not losing so fast anymore as I get closer to my goal weight!

Again, welcome, and good luck!!!
#13 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 04:48 PM

Heya Brusselsprout, welcome!

I am late checking in this morning. No good news to report.
Highest ever 175
last week 137.5
this week 138

so no loss and a new holding pattern. I am keeping in mind that it is lower than my last plateu so I am overall excited though I was looking forward to that downward movement on the scale.

However, today I have my first workout with a personal trainer at 5pm!!!!!!!! I am so scared. But also excited. I met with him last week and he gave me some homework and today we have to set my goals and actually work out.

I am also going to the grocerie store tonight so that I can start the "Dr. Phil Rapid Start" program thing (again! I got side-tacked with Dh's awful schedule the last 5 weeks but he is back on day shift and that is soooo helpful. He is also only working 40 hours a weeks again.)

so I am determined to get BACK ON TRACK.
#14 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome! It is so great to have new people join us. I lurkerd for nearly a year before I was willing to post my weight and start talking to people, so I know it can be hard. This group is so supportive and wonderful - no negativity here! I hope you find it to be as motivating and helpful as many of us have.

best,

Megan

PS. You are off to a great start! It is great to see so many big numbers in the Weight Lost This Week sections! Congrats to veryone.

#15 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck with the trainer!

M

#16 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 05:52 PM

Aw, thanks for the Welcomes!

As far as short term goals, how do you pick them? I actually didn't set my own short term goal. I had it set for me on one of those chart your weight sites

My new favorite trick to keeping myself on track is to cut up a cucumber and keep some on the counter by the fridge and where all of the kids' snacks are. If I get tempted to nibble it is a good visual reminder and it is OK to grab a couple slices to stave off that urge to snack
#17 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 06:32 PM

Another Newbie here ...........

I have been doing WW up until last week when i decieded i can do their program on my own and save my $11 a week ....

So here is my details ...

The day i delivered Teagan i weighed 214
I lost down to 172 on my own with just breastfeeding and eating healthy ... then i started WW at 172 now i am down to 153 this morning .... I would love to lose about 10 more lbs ....

Melda
#18 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 10:52 PM

I've been eating terribly this week so I expected a huge jump on the scale this morning... so imagine my shock to have lost another two pounds.

Pre-pregnancy: 182
Postpartum: 187
Last week: 164
Today: 162

Total loss: 25 lbs.

Goal for this week: do my step aerobics 3 days a week.

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#19 of 40 Old 05-24-2004, 11:44 PM

Wow! Sounds like we're all doing GREAT!!!

I did okay... a slight loss so I'm glad for that. I get discouraged that it doesn't come off more than a lb at a time, but at least it's staying off! I may not make my mini-goal, but as long as I keep losing I'll be cool.

My goal this week... continue drinking lots of water... I've not been drinking any pop most days and that helps.

OH! Not to mention today my first AF in almost two years arrived. Today is ds' 13 months birthday. I was hoping for more time off, but I can't complain about getting over a year off!

5'2"
Start weight: 154lb
Last week: 146
This week: 145.5
Weight-loss this week: .5lb

Mini-goal: 140lb by Memorial Day

Final goal: 125-135lbs

(all weights are with shoes & clothes)

have a good week all!
#20 of 40 Old 05-26-2004, 12:17 AM

I'm late, but I'm here! It was an OK week - bad last coupla days (from a dietary perspective - no tragedies or anything). So I'm using Sunday's weight as it's where I'd been for 5 days & more representative.

My stats:
Height: 5'5"
All-time high (1/03): 215
Began at MDC (3/04) : 195
Last week: 187.8
This week: 186.4
Mini-goal: 185 (sooooo close, but yet, so far!)
Goal by Labor Day (my 25th b-day): 142 (c'mon!!!)

The best news: I've now been here for 2 months, and recently dug up my measurements from that first week: I've lost 1.5 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off my hips. Rock out!!!!

More water, less sugar, more water, less sugar. Go veggies go! Walk walk walk walk! Good luck, people! You're strong workers, all of you!

(Thus endeth the weekly cheer. Tune in next time for more. :LOL )

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#21 of 40 Old 05-26-2004, 12:52 PM

Thanks Elowyn! I needed that cheer!

Middle of the week and I didn't exercice at all :

Valérie   
#22 of 40 Old 05-26-2004, 10:42 PM

Well I took a break from posting last week, feeling a little discouraged at my plateau. Now I'm 170 and been lingering thereabouts for a few weeks. Last post I was 172lbs so it's slowly coming off. I did actually get down to 168lbs at one point. I'm really inconsistent with my eating. One night I'll skip supper and graze all night as I fell hungry and then I'll have days when we order in pizza and I pig out, usually the weekends. So after a weekend eating festival it's bad to come in here and post on Monday. Sometimes it's just hormone related. I feel I have too much emotional stress right now to change anymore habits so I'll just stick with the things I have changed and try to at least maintain. I might be stopping in to post a little less in the next few months, unless a miracle happens I won't have much to report

Melissa S
#23 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 12:55 AM

Melissa! I was thinking of you earlier when I realized I hadn't seen you post in awhile. I was going to check in on you and make sure everything was okay.

#24 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
Melissa! I was thinking of you earlier when I realized I hadn't seen you post in awhile. I was going to check in on you and make sure everything was okay.

Awwwe, thanks!

Melissa
#25 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 AM

Height 5"5
Start weight: 188.6lb
Last week: 160.2
This week: 162.4
Weight-gain this week: 2.6lb

Mini-goal: in 150's by this Tuesday
Final goal: 145lbs

I had lost 2 lbs, then gained almost all back and I don't know why...so I am upping the cardio, writing everything down and getting real

I am doing it...and that scale will not discourage me...
#26 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 12:37 PM

ok, i NEED to play too!!!! is it ok to just join in?
i weigh 175
need to weigh 125

so, my main goal is i need to lose 50 lbs

my mini goal for this week is-- to just eat well and join the gym today, i'm going to start going three days a week.
#27 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 12:43 PM

Dana!
#28 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 01:13 PM

Can I join too? My veggie weight loss buddies don't seem to be replying. Anyhoo, double support cant' hurt. This is embarrassing, but here goes:
Height 5'2"
Weight 161
Goal weight 125, but I would be really happy (I know it's stupid) at 115
Time goal by the time James is 15 mo, May 2005
I weighed 200 when James was born and was down to 165 by the time he was 3 wks. But it has been hard and slow since then. I have recently switched from a veg to a vegan diet and have lost almost 5 lbs this month. I drink 7 glasses of water a day and walk 45 min 5xs a week. I am looking forward to this support ladies, thanks.

Mama to 3:
#29 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 01:39 PM

Hi isosmom! I'm 5'2" as well so I feel your pain.

We can do it, yes we can!!

PS- I think Quirky is 5'2" as well... funny that I remember that! LOL
#30 of 40 Old 05-27-2004, 01:55 PM

Hi isosmama. We have previously conversed about yeast. Looks like you're off the plateau you were talking about. Way to go! BTW, if you are embarrassed about your weight alot of US, including ME, should be REALLY embarrased. Don't feel stupid, you know what you're comfortable weight is!

Melissa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page