MDC Weight-loss Club: Monday Weigh-In (May 31) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning! Sorry the thread is getting a late start, my dh let me sleep in o celebrate the holiday. I am still a bit sick - trying to get over last weeks cold! I didn't lose anymore weight this week, but last Mondays 6 pound lose due to sickness was unnaturally low for a week (for me). So, I am happy to have maintained that lose this week. Here's my stats:

Last Weeks Weight: 165
Current weight: 166
Total loss this week: 0
Total loss since baby: 59 lbs
Total loss since September: 46 lbs
Total Loss since joining MDC Club on 2/9: 27 lbs
New Goal: 160 for my birthday (July 21)

Hope everyone had a good week and has a nice day!

Megan

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 11:41 AM

No loss for me this week. But no gain, so I won't complain .

Highest weight while pregnant Feb 2003: 232
Start weight at MDC (Mar 04): 223.5
Last week: 219.4
This week: 219.4

Loss this week: 0 pounds
Total loss (MDC) : 4.1 pounds
Goal for next week's weigh in: 218

20.4 lbs to lose for July 15th 2004 goal of 199
74.4 lbs to lose for Ultimate Christmas 2004 Goal of 145 lbs

So this past week I wasn't as good about things as I have been. I took walks every day but another week passed with no weight training and I know this is slowing down the weight loss now after 2 weeks of no weight training. I started school 2 weeks ago and it's been hard to get it into my schedule. But I must get it back in, as I know it's a very important factor in the weight loss for me! And I need to up my water again. Okay, so this is a new week!

Good luck to everyone this week!

#3 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 01:50 PM

I was actually amazed when I stepped on the scale today. I did not get to excercise hardly at all. The week started out with me being sick, two days later Oobi was sick, two days later Deek and Boo were sick...lots of overlap in there so I feel like I have been either rocking someone or snuggled up in bed with them all week long, and by Saturday I was just kind of grazing thru the day and not keeping track of what I ate at all.

Weight last week: 256
Weight this week: 250
Weight lost this week: 6 lbs
Weight post partum: 313
Total weight lost: 63 lbs (I weighed myself with Boo, now 9 months, and I still weighed 35 lbs less than I did post partum, that felt good )
Goal: 165
Short term goal: 232.5 by July 4th

This week's goal: Drink more water, get out and walk at least 4-5 days

Speaking of exercise, I really want to walk faster and go farther, but I can't with the kids. I don't really want to pay a babysitter to come watch them so I can walk (that is part of why I don't go to the gym )....maybe I can work something out with my sil. How do you guys do it?
#4 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 02:40 PM

Two weeks ago: 193
Current weight: 192
Total loss since Feb: 8 lbs
Mini Goal: 186, my steady non-pg weight of the last 5 or so years
Bigger Goal: 160, weight my doctor recommends I get down to

I'm doing better with my new routine. How long do I have to do it til it feels like habit instead of something new?

Still doing the bosu yoga class and extra walking. I'm continuing my food diary and find that my avg calorie intake is about 1900/day. I am so hungry at the end of each day - even with this amount of food. Hard to believe. My normal caloric intake/day for the last year was more like 2500/day, so this is a noticable change, leading to about 1 lb/week weight loss. Can I keep it up, though????

Good news, though: This last week, my official "fat" clothes finally fit again. I had gone way beyond them and entered a new realm of sizes never before worn by me. I'm glad to be back on familiar territory again. At this rate, my normal wardrobe of the last 5 years or so should fit just fine in another week or two.

Just in case, though, I bought some more clothes that actually fit now and look good now.
#5 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 02:40 PM

I'm still where I have been for the last four weeks - 170lbs. At least I'm maintaining. Mom just started quick start and she's going to copy some pages for me. I'm addicted to sugars and breads and have yeast issues so I think I'll have to start another cleanse. I need to think of this more as a lifestyle change and not just losing weight.

Melissa
#6 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
start weight: 195
last week: 180
this week: 181
mini goal: 175 by end of june
long term goal: 160 or lower

did BAD eating this week, and not so great on exercise. not surprized that i gained a pound. will try harder this week!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#7 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 04:12 PM

I have to be quick, Dh is horribly sick with a high fever, spent last night at the ER...

Last week: 151.5
This week: 152.5
Gained one lb.

Goal for this week is to eat well and not past 8 o'clock. My mother in law will be here so we will see how that goes.
Good luck and kudos to all who lost!

Rachel
#8 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 06:42 PM

Shelly - two steps foreward and one step back is still a good average! Just keep going. Rachel - I hope your son is better soon.
#9 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 06:55 PM

AACK!
I forgot today was Monday. It is a holiday here so Dh is home and it totally felt like Sunday. So I didn't weigh myself this morning. I am not going to weigh myself now as I follow that hysterically strict routine that someone was talking about on a previous week: first thing in the morning, nude, post pee, post nursing, before even a sip of water
BUT- I did have a fabulous work-out today. And I got to the gym 5 times last week. My trainer isn't here this week but he left me a very detailed workout for each day.
Also- I am recommiting to this low sugar low white flour thing. I am like Melissa S, totally addicted to bread and sweets. I feel your pain Melissa!
Sorry to all of you that were so sick last week. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
I will post my weight tomorrow.
#10 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 07:23 PM

Hi all. I was surprised also when I stepped on the scale since I didn't excerscise all week, dh was out of town.
Last week : 161
This week: 158!
Lost this week: 3 lbs
total lost since starting MDC (last week): 3 lbs
Yeah for me, I feel good. I'm in the 150s.
How many to go? 30-45lb, depending on how I'm looking

Mama to 3:
#11 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 10:30 PM

OK, let's just erase last week from the record books, shall we? Argh.

I gained 1 lb. First time I've gained in months. Non-dieting family members in from out of town combined with a ravenous appetite (my poor body is getting tired from my old standbys I'm afraid) made me practically devour an entire bag of roasted almonds PLUS about 10 cups of hand-picked strawberries (with cream). Yeah, sounds healthyish, but those calories add up fast.

Sooo....

Normal weight for me (5'7"): low/mid 150's
Post-partum weight: 218
Last week: 174 or 174.5, I think
This week: 175.5 but what did I expect!
Mini-goal: 168.5 and turn my a** around this week!! no more berry gluttony!!
Ultimate goal: 150's

: to: Megan, brusselsprout, Michele, comet, Softmama, and isosmom

to Worldshakerz, Melissa, Rachel (and I hope your DH is better very soon), Shelley ... and also to ME! lol
#12 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 10:38 PM

Well, I posted my stats earlier today, but I just wanted to add that I just found out I'm pregnant! So, I'm not sure what's going to be happening as far as my exercise regimen. I'm definitely continuing the walking and will talk to my midwife about continuing light weight training. I'm definitely adding some pregnancy yoga in the mix. Man, I thought I was going to have all this weight lost by the next pregnancy. Surprise! It snuck up on us. We were planning to start trying end of this year, but here I am pregnant without having any period since two years ago, plus we were using contraception. Go figure. That's exactly what happened in 2002, I was losing weight and then got pregnant . Oh well, I am happy! I'm determined to be healthier and am going to talk to my midwife about slowly losing weight during the pregnancy...I am considered obese so I think it would be best to at least not gain wieght.I really want to keep losing weight. Last pregnancy I became borderline gestational diabetic so I don't want it to get to that point again at all. I'll be checking in every week still.

#13 of 24 Old 05-31-2004, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

That's such great news! CONGRATS!!!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#14 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrats on the pregnancy! That's wonderful!

After writing last week about how it was getting easier to lose weight...I didn't lose a single lb this week!! Oh well. It was just a lot of eating. I kept my portion sizes down but I suppose that doesn't matter when I'm eating nachos and cheeseburgers and candybars, huh?? But, i"ve only got about 2 months to lose the remaining 7-8lbs so I've gotta get back on track!

Starting weight:140lbs
Current weight:131
Lost this week: 000000
Goal weight: 124 by DS's 1st b'day 8/6/04
To lose:7lbs

O.k. so I'm going to eat better this week-small portions AND healthy foods. I haven't rejoined the gym yet but I'll either start walking and doing yoga again or rejoin.

Good luck to all. You're an inspiration!!
Chrissy

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#15 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 AM

Let's pretend I'm away this week and that I will only return home in time for the next weight-in

Valérie   
#16 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle
: to: Megan, brusselsprout, Michele, comet, Softmama, and isosmom

to Worldshakerz, Melissa, Rachel (and I hope your DH is better very soon), Shelley ... and also to ME! lol
Ditto! And to Chrissy too!

Congrats on your pregnancy WS! Just thought I'd mention that I continued my workouts at Curves throughout my entire pregnancy... in fact I worked out about 18 hours before ds was born. My pregnancy and birth were much healthier and comfortable. I did quit using the ab machines, but otherwise continued with my strength training. Sounds like you know the way to go.

Valerie- you're cracking me up!! LOL

This week I lost 2lb... I was quite surprised, especially after yesterday's cookout. It was yummy though!

Goal this week: continue drinking more water and less root beer... try to walk on my in-between workout days. Lots of tornadoes and bad weather here though, so not sure if I'll be able to or not.

My stats:

5'2"
Start weight: 154lb
Last week: 145.5
This week: 143.5
Weight-loss this week: 2lb
Total loss since Christmas: 10.5lb

Mini-goal: 140lb by Dh's birthday (June 20th)

Final goal: 125-135lbs

(all weights are with shoes & clothes)
#17 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 01:03 PM

Weight last week 137.5ish
Weight today 137
I have a wedding in about 9 weeks for which I want to weigh 132 (my snarky sil will be there).

I am about 10-15 pounds over my ideal weight. It seems like the closer I get to it, the harder it becomes. I honestly don't know if I can lose 5 pounds in 9 weeks. And that's frustrating.
I feel like I am doing so many great things. I am really working out. I am eating really well (on a scale of 1-10 I'd say I'm at least an 8). I am drinking tons of water. and the weight just won't budge. and my clothes aren't fitting any better either.

I am trying to regroup. I have hired a personal trianer for 8 sessions and he is awesome. Hopefully with this new burst in my exercise I will shatter this plataue (i've never been able to spell that word!).
#18 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Soft-
You can do it!!
Chrissy

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#19 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softmama
with this new burst in my exercise I will shatter this plataue (i've never been able to spell that word!).
plateau. Did you ever consider you might be your natural weight? I can't see you so I don't know if you have tummy flab or what, but that could be the reason you're not losing anymore. Also, if you just started training you will gain muscle mass with a leaner toned look. If you were the weight you are now with a lean look, would that be ok? Just a thought.

Melissa S
#20 of 24 Old 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM

Somehow I can never seem to get this posted on Monday! :

Pre-pregnancy: 182
Postpartum: 187
Last week: 162
Today: 160

Total loss: 27 lbs.

Goal for this week: do my step aerobics 3 days a week.
I know I should make some weight loss goals but I feel very ambivalent about it. Am I the only one who finds goals more stressful than helpful?

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#21 of 24 Old 06-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S
plateau. Did you ever consider you might be your natural weight? Melissa S
That's a good thought, but unfortunately this is not my natural weight. I was 120 pre-pregnancy (138 now) and those extra pounds make me feel very sluggish. And the 120 was not even "ideal" for my size and age and bone structure. But I felt good there. I had my precent body fat done recently and it was pretty high. My goal is to get it into the "good" catagory (I will leave "excellent" to the true athletes )
I am trying very hard to go about this the right way. I am excercising and eating healthy and being very careful not to cut too many calories (I am nursing my 10 month old). So I know that eventually all this will pay off and the pounds will SLOWLY disappear. It is just frustrating that the process takes so !@# long.
I am considering setting some really high exercise goals. Like competing in some events. Problem is, I don't run or swim! So it would have to be a really long range goal so that I could start from scratch. But it might be fun to work towards and event.
I was reading a bunch about adventure racing. Sounds so cool! And I bet I could get dh to do it with me.
#22 of 24 Old 06-02-2004, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
Valerie- you're cracking me up!! LOL
At least I've done something positive

I'm under stress and doesn't manage well this time... hum... I better go back lurking... :

But I'll be back :LOL

Valérie   
#23 of 24 Old 06-02-2004, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

I also worked out through my pregnancy and think it really helped. I did Tae Kwon Do and kept going to class (slowly modifying my activities as I needed to). I got my green belt at 7 months preg and then dropped out for the last 2 months and just did yoga, pre-natal pilates, and lots of walking and swimming.

#24 of 24 Old 06-02-2004, 04:10 PM

Congratulations Worldshakerz What fun news!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page