Are cheapest multivitamins still better than none at all? - Mothering Forums

3Likes
  • 1 Post By blessedwithboys
  • 2 Post By Julia Fortea

#1 of 8 Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Are cheapest multivitamins still better than none at all?

I am on a super strict budget at the moment (the three of us have to get by on 1/3 our grocery budget) but am thinking I could really do with some vitamin supplements to perk up a bit. Is it still worth getting the cheapest available kind I can find, or in that case is it better not to get them at all? (as in there is still a benefit/or there is NO benefit at all)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-25-2017, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I don't bother. I make bone broth and liver instead. It's super cheap and loaded with minerals.
Nazsmum likes this.

Bring back the old MDC
#3 of 8 Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Multivitamins are overrated anyway, and many professionals question their benefits. If you eat a variety of vegetables and fruits at least every other day then you don't need vitamin supplementation. I think both the cheap and expensive multivitamins are equally useless.
That said, cheap does not mean bad. A $10 multivitamin can be as good as an overpriced $50 brand, but how can you tell when they hardly have any effect anyway?
blessedwithboys and Nazsmum like this.

#4 of 8 Old 02-11-2017, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I'm not sure about vitamins but dh was taking a fairly pricey probiotic and a yeast killer for a chronic problem he had for more than 10 years. That was when it finally cleared. Since, our family has been on probiotics. It isn't a miracle pill, but it does work, especially with keeping us regular, with bloating and helping some with our immune. Dd has been sick just once this year, normally by this time she's been out at least 3 times. Otoh dh fell sick this year when he hardly ever falls sick, but he was in contact with his parents who both had the flu. He was sick and most likely it was the flu, (didn't bother to show a doc) but I was not affected. Dd had been sick just bfor then so she also didn't catch it.

Don't imagine the worst incidents in your emotional life -- keep a positive attitude.

Last edited by Neera; 02-19-2017 at 08:26 AM.
#5 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If you eat enough food, meaning you are not exactly starving, and you eat a variety of foods and you feel healthy, there is no need for any additional vitamin or mineral or other supplement. Vitamins and minerals work, but mainly only when you are vitamin/mineral deficient. There is usually something very obvious what makes you vitamin/mineral deficient. Chronic alcoholism with terrible eating habits, an intestinal disorder with malabsorption and such.

Cheap vitamins can be OK. More expensive vitamins that end with glycinate, taurate...may be absorbed quicker or the same dose can be more efficient. You may just want to check which exact amount of a vitamin/mineral you get for a certain price.
#6 of 8 Old 05-12-2017, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In my opinion, it is better to get your vitamins from foods than pills.I personally never feel better afer taking a multivitamin like i do after eating healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables.
#7 of 8 Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
i would just spend money on Vit C (maybe vit D as well, depending on your own health issues, i have that one prescribed to me for some medical reason)
and then i would concentrate on making sure to eat at least one large serving of raw vegetables every day and one pieces of fresh fruit per day too
(alongside whatever else you prepare for your family)
and to vary which veggies i buy every time
& also to shop for fresh vegetables every other day not once a week, if at all possible ...
IMO, that's offering the best results for the money spent
#8 of 8 Old 10-12-2017, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pharmascience Health Gainer for Weight gain
Mens need many calorie requirements that many men have proves to be incredibly trying Pharmascience health gainer a weight gainer makes this far easier. If you consider the fact that there are weight gainers available that pack in over a thousand calories per shake .
For more visit
.................................................. ............
PHARMASCIENCE – THE INDIAN AYURVEDA

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page