Mothering Forum banner

October '17 Exercise Challenge

8K views 48 replies 6 participants last post by  lab 
#1 ·
You're welcome to post whatever exercise you do each day. You don't have to post every day, and you don't have to post the number of minutes or hours. This is just a place for you to record your exercise, however you want to do that, and be motivated to get moving and be healthier. If you have time and you want to challenge yourself, you can set a goal and try to reach or surpass it.

Here are some ideas in case you need them to get started or if you need to add some variety to your exercise routine:
sweep the floor, porch, deck, sidewalk, etc.
walk up and down the stairs on rainy or snowy days
play catch with your child(ren)
kick a ball around the yard
throw a ball for your dog
walk the dog
take the trash out to the curb/road
ride an exercise bike (if pregnant and/or if the weather's bad)
ride a bike in your neighborhood or to work, or the library
swim in an indoor pool
nest (clean the house)
rake leaves
pick up sticks in your yard
vacuum
:) How much walking around the house can you do while filling up boxes of stuff to donate, dusting, vacuuming, throwing out trash, etc.?:-wool:bellydance :jog

See less See more
#3 ·
that was my intention too .... and then i had a poor night and ate quite a bit ... before breakfast .... and ended up getting asleep rather shortly before breakfast ....
i suppose i should also track my internet use then ....

9/1 : walked 2 x 20 minutes at a sedate pace ... + mopped the floor ....

#38 ·
Hello @IsaFrench
If you don't mind my input....make sure to eat protein within 45 minutes of a workout.
That should help with the cravings later.

I have a hard time doing this myself. After a long run in the summer, sometimes I just don't feel like eating eggs or turkey....but by 7 pm I am literally ripping open cabinets and tearing up the carbs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.