Mothering Forum banner

Tummy Tuck?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  MsMoMpls 
#1 ·
Ok- maybe I am crazy but I have been working out more than I ever have in my life and feel wonderful. However, my belly looks like it did 3 weeks after giving birth- A YEAR AGO! I am over 4, with 2 c-sects and a vaginal. Is it hopeless? Has anyone ever gone under the knife for this? It feels like it is against everything I believe in but I am so frustrated.

#4 ·
my sister is getting hers done in august, it's going to cost about 4500 canadian. you can also get a mini tummy tuck done depending on how bad the skin is. the mini tummy tuck is a lot easier but can only be done if you don't need the skin above your belly button done.

mandi

#5 ·
i used to be SO against any kind of surgery like that. then i got a life and stopped worrying about what other people are doing to themselves to be happy with who they are. and of course there are the type who are addicted.

and now that i have breastfed, and will be doing it again come september...

i have already informed ds that i will be getting a lift after the babies are done with the boobs.

they are half way down my tummy and point south!

i wish i had this one picture of me nursing ds when he was first born on my computer. my breast was 3x's the size of his head. seriously! my friend was so impressed that it is hanging on her office wall. thanks

so i got a little off the subject. sorry!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandib50
i would like to know more about the breast lift too. it kind of scares me, the surgery that is, not just the current state of my boobs :LOL
i'm thinking of the mini tummy tuck though
mandi
i've looked into the lift a little. there is actually a new procedure called the laser bra. they use the skin they remove and sew it in place under your skin to create an internal bra. kind of weird but it sounds very interesting. i met a gal a few weeks ago who had a lift and she said that her scars (which are usually anchor shaped) are almost completely gone and she is 100% happy with it.

#8 ·
I just love coming here for info and support. I was afraid I would get flamed for this one. I love the link- it gave me more info than I was ready for. Two weeks recovery! Well, maybe the smaller one. I am putting it on my wish list for maybe my 45th birthday- 3years from now. I always thought if I had surgery it would be breast augmentation but now that I have had bigger boobs for three years of nursing- its not that interesting. And the nice thing about being small breasted is they don't get as stretched out. But boy... my belly looks horrible.

Thanks all for the support.

#9 ·
i just wanted to chime in and say that a 1 yr pp my tummy looked horrible. at 2 years it looked great! I mean, not I'm wearing a string bikini or anything, but if I'm changing in the university locker room the other girls there don't cringe. (and umm, well now I'm pg again
).

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerc
i just wanted to chime in and say that a 1 yr pp my tummy looked horrible. at 2 years it looked great! I mean, not I'm wearing a string bikini or anything, but if I'm changing in the university locker room the other girls there don't cringe. (and umm, well now I'm pg again
).
WOW! So there's hope yet for me. My tummy looks terrible 17 months after the birth of my second child.

I was an avid exerciser before and have been doing some sort of exercise since a couple of weeks after her birth.
But, my belly looks awful, it's the main reason I can't fit in to pants that are 2 sizes bigger than prepregnancy. I just hate it.

Shannon

#11 ·
Kerc-Thanks for the inspiration and I will wait another year for sure but it doesn't seem to be snapping back like it did after one or two. And as all the doctors keep saying "At your age.... you have to expect things to be different." Not a dinosaur, but pretty close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.