Any mid-section problem mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2005, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have always had a little poochie belly, lower abdomen. Even in high school, other wise a size 7, my senior year. After my daughter, it got a little bigger, but my waist was alot more defined. Well after my son in Jan. 2004, not only do I have this hunk of flibble fat, or so called "Love handles" on the sides but my pooch in lower front reminds me of a kangeroo pouch. I carried all in front, so by 5 months maternity clothes were not fitting me. So now I weigh 140 lbs. at 5'4, and could really lose this pooch, and the love handles.

I guess I feel like I did ok, since I weighed 168 by the very end. I feel like I got a river rat tube around me. Granted the inner thighs, and the upper arms need a workin also, but the midsection is a pronto. I just need to get motivated.

So on a quest to find some other mommas....kinda like me. Come join the raft squad! Lol!

Renee~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-21-2005, 11:04 AM

my lower tummy is definitely not what it used to be. My lil' guy is 8.5 m.o. and my poor belly is so soft and I still have extra skin, I am still holding out hope that the skin will eventually get somewhat tight again. I hate this lower belly because all my pants are low cut so they just show it off. However, I honestly haven't been doing too much ab work, although I have been exercising regularly-spinning and will start yoga again next week( I took about a month break from yoga because the time didn't work- they are offering now at 6 am) So, I am hoping the yoga will help- it seemed to make a difference pre-baby. Pilates though really seemed to do wonders- but I cannot get motivated to do anything at home and pilates class is at night- so doesn't work with lil' man's sleep schedule. So, ya I am right there with ya!!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#3 of 3 Old 04-21-2005, 02:06 PM
cjr

crunchy_mama - you and I have the same dimensions. :LOL I am a petite woman and all my weight is in my middle belly, my back and my arms. My biggest issue is my belly. I have lost 13lbs or so and that has taken care of my back flab and some of my arm flab, but my belly is staying. I have even lost 2-3" on my waist, but my jeans are still fitting me the same in the belly.

I am trying to do pilates at least 3 times a week, more if I can get motivated. I have heard the pilates is the only real thing that will help get rid of the pooch because it's all geared to abs. The trainer at the gym said that doing crunches or any kind of ab routine at the gym is pointless. She said you need to pilates because it's geared primarily for the abs and you spend the whole workout training those abs.

Good luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page