chasing the naughty dingos....aka the running tribe sept thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll send some prayers to your uterus too

Dh and I went for a short 2 mile run. He's just getting into it and that's really hard for him. I'm proud of him trying. I hope he sticks with it.

I put on my sweats from last winter. They're tight My butts gotten so big. I eat just way too much. I really have to get a grip on my eating.
#62 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 11:47 AM

Shannon - Welcome! (lol, I'll have to go back and look at you ruser name), and thanks for the info. I definitely had more diastasis (?) with this pregnancy - it didnt really go back until 4-5 mos pp. Ill see if I can find the book

Poppy! - Im so glad everything is good. Can you still walk? I wonder if it has to do with too much blood flow in your head (running that is) so if you did an activity that was less blood-pumping? Try to keep your legs strong (squeeze quads x 15 a few times a day) and stretch, so when 4 weeks are over you are limber and strong and RESTED

ND - Im thinking of you and little dingo (dont peel little one! .... I envision them like little rock climbers gripped on the wall...).

Babybugmama - I hear you on the eating. I eat more when I dont run??? And crap; chocolate chocolate bread.....chocolate. I should get pregnant again so I take better care of myself - psyyyyccchh.

Im alternately trying to get rid of this crud (in my nose and lungs) and trying to LOVE my little man despite his waking 5 times a night this week! So I am still looking forward to my first run in a week, and its still not here. Oh well...on an upnote - I painted the kitchen yesterday and like it

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#63 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 03:50 PM

Poppy - I am so glad you're okay!!! I didn't think it sounded like a stroke.. I had a little one as a teenager. It came on INSTANTLY as the most terrible pain in my brain, lasted about 30 seconds, and then was completely gone. I didn't even have a headache afterward. Anywho, take it easy. You can use your month to meditate and reconnect with yourself, or something groovy like that.

Mamabeth - Woohoo on losing your plug! I am so excited for you! I don't think it will be long at all and you'll have your little man in your arms.

PO6 - How cool your hubby is home! Sometimes having the whole family at home is a better vacation than going somewhere.

Welcome, Shannon! You'll love this thread. It is the coolest place on MDC!

Jessica - I feel your pain on the waking 5 times a night. DD did that for 6 months! I pray it is a lot more temporary for you. Extreme exhaustion is so awful. It really makes you a different person than your true self.

ND - I am sending all of my positive vibes in the direction of your uterus, too. Take it waaaaay easy, mama.

Oh, happy, happy days! The fenugreek is totally working. Mama's got milk, and she's runnin' too! I did a great 3 1/2 miler this morning. DH and the doggies did 2 miles of it with me, then DD and I finished up on our own.

I'm still happily waiting for fall to get here. Is it crazy that I love running in the fall and winter more than summer? I'll take a 20 degree run any day over an 86 degree run. You can always add more layers, kwim? If you've got the right gear, cold weather running is nbd.

Today was the half marathon I had planned on doing before I had the milk crisis. Maybe next year, eh?

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#64 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Monica YAY! I am so excited about your milk. So do you smell like curry yet?

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#65 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Monikita - I'm so glad that fenugreek is working for you! Yay!!! I'm sorry you missed out on that half-marathon, maybe there's another one this fall near you that you could still do since you're getting more a milk supply?

I have a 5K race in 2 weeks, and I'm super excited about it. I didn't run yesterday like planned, but I did go for a walk with the dog and DH before going to the movie. I will run 2 today and 4 tomorrow. No worries.

Have a good Labor Day weekend all!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#66 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

naughty dingo --- I'm hoping that little one is sticking for you. I had some serious bleeding (enough so that I went to the er) and patti ann had something similar, both back in feb/marchish. Eventually it resolved itself in both cases.

Monika -- I seriously smell like maple syrup when taking fen. But if it is working -- yay!!!

and...totally OT, but a serious boost for me
:

I just emailed off a draft of a paper I've been struggling with all summer. : I have one more big task before I can reasonably cruise through for a while when baby comes. I'm staying here this afternoon and skipping a picnic to try to get a leg up on that.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#67 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 04:17 PM

Monika - that is fantastic!!!
Kerc - congrats!!!
#68 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 05:38 PM

Poppy-Glad to hear you're home. Sorry to hear you can't do the race for the cure, but there will be other races. Glad it was just nothing and hope the follow up goes well.

Mamabeth :LOL Glad you're still walking too. Hope it won't be too much longer until you have that VBAC!

Kerc-congrats on getting the paper out. Count down begins for you too.

ND-Hang in there. Hope it turns out to be nothing. Like Kerc said I also had a significant amount of bleeding around 5 1/2 weeks where I really thought I lost the baby. Went in for an ultrasound the next day and there was it's little heart beating. to you. Take it easy.

BBM-Hope you have good luck when you poas. Sorry the sweats are tight. I know we've had this discussion before about cutting out the junk. Maybe we can all help each other.

Welcome Shannon! Great place.

Had a great week. I got in 7 walks for a total of 21 miles. Last 3 weeks have been 19, 20 and 21. Just have to keep the motivation going. Thanks guys. Have a great long weekend. Keep up the great work. to everyone else.

Patti
#69 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 08:31 PM

I just had DH smell me, and he says I still smell like me. :LOL I'm taking the fenugreek at breakfast and lunch. I figured out I can't take it at dinner or I wake up during the night tasting it, and it grosses me out. Twice a day seems to be enough as it is.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to start doing distance runs again or not. I'm taking it slow and seeing what happens. This crash seems to have happened after my 12.25 mile run two weeks ago, so I don't want to overdo it.

I think I'll do a Halloween 5k just for fun. I have the greatest costume - a runner who has been run over by a car. I have a shirt with a tire track across the front and leaves glued to it, and I put fake blood on my face and coming out of my ear. I ran in this costume a few years ago, and when I passed another runner she said "OMG! You're bleeding out of your ear!" and I turned to her and said "Yeah, I know! I was run over!" and she saw that I was in costume and start laughing. She thought I really WAS bleeding out of my ear!

BBM - I wanted to say.. I wouldn't stress so much. You know, curves on a woman is not always a bad thing! I'd love to have a little more "back". For whatever reason having a baby made my butt go flat. Love whatcha got, baby!

On my positive streak - I was thinking this afternoon that it is so cool that I get this body to spend my life in. It is healthy and strong, and I am so blessed.

Monica, mama to Olivia (6)
#70 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 09:39 PM

ND - hope you and your little one are okay. The waiting to know what's going on is rough.

Patti - Congrats on staying so active! I can't believe how close to baby you all are getting.

I finally had my first Sept. run today. I think I ran about 3.8 miles, but I'm not sure since part of my usual route was blocked off unexpectedly, so I went a different way. The last 1.5 miles of this new route are really hilly, so it was a nice moderately hard run. For you pregnant runners, 2 of these hills reminded me of double peaking contractions. You know, you hit the top and think you're done, but nope, here comes another peak! I'm going to drive it in my car and find out how far it actually was.

I'm planning to run 6-7 miles tomorrow (hoping for 7, but giving myself the break if I need it.) Then Mon, the cross country coach invited me to run with the team. They are running their home course for the first time this year, so I'll get to run on the trails which will be a nice change. Coach keeps saying I should come out and run intervals with them, but they're always scheduled when I have to work. Darn job.

Ds ran in his first 2 meets of the season this week - and ran 19:36 for 3 miles both times. Not too bad for him, although he's hoping to approach 18 flat by the end of the season. He's not particularly fast for a high school runner. I love going to their meets - it's fun to see people who can really run!

Off to the hospital now, one of my mamas is taking that "Labor Day" thing literally.
#71 of 523 Old 09-03-2005, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonikitaUT
I just had DH smell me
I realized you just said "dh".

#72 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 02:13 AM

Mamabeth, hooray for you and the "lost" plug! How exciting!

Welcome Movingmama and thanks for the tip on the Mummy Tummy. Will try and check it out as I've definitely got that kinda tummy.

MonikitaUT, hooray for you and fenugreek! So glad that has helped.

Naughty D., I'm sending healthy strong lovingkindness to you and Baby D. Please take care.

BBM, I hear you about the eating. My prob is I think I can afford it b/c I run a lot -- then I "overspend"! I'm trying to be mindful of my snacking -- it's really hard w/a toddler who loves to snack as well! Also, good luck w/the "pos"!

Ran 30 mins yesterday - felt great since I was peeved at a friend and grouchy in general. Was it Mamabeth who said "angry runs rock"? It's true!

Ran 60 mins today Felt mostly great. A little knee and back achiness at the very end.

Have a great labor day weekend, ladies! Good runs/walks/wogs for all!
#73 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 11:28 AM

hi everyone!

i am still going to hang around here even though i am off running for a little bit. i am still going to go for walks - dr. just said no running. having a heckuva time recovering, but i am convinced it is trying to recover from being in the hospital, not from whatever happened to me they pumped me full of more meds than i have ever seen

monikita - congrats! on the wedding, fenugreek, feeling healthy!
mamabeth - it's baby time real soon!! positive vibes comin your way
kerc - yay on the paper! good to hear you can take it easy until the babe arrives
lucenamama - 60 min? you're rocking! we should definitely get together again soon up at wilshire for playtime
ND - sending you lots of sticky vibes - keep us posted
patti ann - great job on staying active throughout yr whole pg
p of 6 - hope you are feeling better and can enjoy your dh time
saskiasmom - hope you can get rest and rid of the crud soon!
BBM - that's great for your DH - would love it if mine would run as well
geo/kateemmasmom/jenlove/athansor -
welcome movingmama!

happy holiday to everyone!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#74 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 12:57 PM

Hi all,
ND - hope everything hands in there...keep us posted...I had quite a bit of bleeding and spotting with ds and it was quite scary

kerc - congrats on the paper...I've been doing the same thing all summer, have to spend this weekend finishing up a draft (my boss, the project director, is trying to get tenure and needs more peer-reviewed papers, so I've been appointed 'paper writer' for our group..spend about half my time on it and half on new reserach)

mamabeth - you're in my thoughts, hope all goes great!

BBM - Ok, what's your secret...I'm really trying to subtly get dh interested in running or some sort of exercise, and am slowly trying to improve our diets. He's a bit bummed about his weight gain. Any great ideas about getnly motivating partners to get them moving?

Po6 and saskia - hope you get feeling better soon!

Monika - congrats on the wedding and the milk!

Poppywise - I'm so glad you're OK, and glad you'll be hanging out!

Welcome to the new folks, hi to everyone else and great job to everyone with the big runs!!

Had kind of an odd experience yesterday...went to see my parents and was showing off some pics of ds, when my mom gave me some pics of me from about 15 years ago...at get this....a bodybuilding competition. I didn't even recognize the pics ( I had never seen any from this, turns out my training buddy took them and just found them and gave them to my mom), and had to ask my mom who they were! Don't know if I should burn them or put them on the fridge! DH says he thinks I look better now...I lost a lot of weight right before the contest and my face looked pretty sunken.

Off to clean the house, maybe get a nice trail run this afternoon when ds is napping!

Vegan, mom to : Joe and Josh ::
#75 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Interesting anthansor...I found a pic like that of me when I was seriously underweight (I was running between 4-6 miles a day and lifting weights for like an hour to an hour and a half a day!)

I have sad news for you. I don't think there is much you can do to motivate dh's. With mine, well I think it's by example. Also he has gained A Lot of weight since we got married (like 50-60 pounds). He struggles though with starting and stopping. He'll do this now because were on vaca and it's easy to work out when you have all the time in the world. Now soon as he goes back to work and school...we'll see. I wish he would stick with it though it helps his mood. I guess all I can suggest is talk about all the benefits, including being a healthy father who's going to be around for awhile.

So the race...whew it was HARD!! It was so damn hilly it wasn't even funny. I had a horrible time, but I felt it was a great performance. Then we walked around the zoo all day and it was great! I think they could do a bit more to make it more fun...the name is so inviting...there's so much they could build upon.
#76 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 09:36 PM

bbm - the Brookfield Zoo sponsors a run each year here that's lots of fun, too. It's called the Zoo Run Run - which is a pretty cool name, too. It's a nice, flat course with lots of after race goodies available, and free zoo admission, too (which doesn't matter for us cause we're members.) My performances there were always less than stellar, nevertheless. One year, a 9 year old out kicked me in the last 100 yds or so. The next year, I was beat by not one, but 2 women pushing twins in jog strollers. I kid you not. And one set looked like they couldn't have been more than 6 mos old. It's about the experience, right?

I did my long run today. I ran 7.2 miles, pushing dd in the jog stroller. It felt great, actually, and was pretty fast, too - 1:07:52 or about 9:26 min/mile pace. I had one bad moment where I nearly got run over by a lady driving an SUV while talking on the cell phone and smoking a cigarrette. I'm thinking, gee, I can see you're doing a lot of Important Things there, so don't feel bad about ignoring my right of way!

We went out for Mexican after, and now my tummy is not too sure about that whole combination. Am hoping I won't be spending a lot of time in my bathroom later.

Dd was really quiet today in the stroller. I think she needed a little down time from her siblings. She has unfortunately developed a really irritating habit of reaching out to touch the wheels, though. First of all, I'm scared to death I'm going to catch one of her little fingers in the spokes and break it. Second of all, it's really startling to suddenly feel like the brakes have been applied. We keep talking about it, and she says she won't touch them again, but then she does when I least expect it. Anyone else ever have that problem?

And a kitty update: At 6 1/2 weeks, she is now eating food from a dish and drinking water in the last 2 days or so. Now, how to I teach her what a litterbox is for? My other cats were all taught by their mamas. Today, she pooped in her box, and then little dd let her out when I wasn't looking and she tracked poop all over my bathroom. Caroline came and got me and said in a very disgusted tone of voice "That kitten is so yucky!" So I was late to church due to bathing the cat and washing my floor. Sigh.

Tomorrow, I will run 3 miles on the cross country course, nice and slow to recover from my longer run today. It'll be fun to have company again! Cross country coach ran a half marathon 2 weeks ago and was 3rd woman overall! I was impressed!
#77 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 10:04 PM

doctorjen - Sounds like a great LR! Way to go! Sorry you had to deal with that rude lady though. And thanks for the update on the kitty. I am glad she is doing well. Good luck with the litter box thing. Mine all learned from their siblings/mothers or were already trained when I got them.

BBM - It sounds like quite a course. I should look into if/when our zoo has a run like that. It would be fun to go run and then hang out at the zoo afterwards.

poppy - I'm glad you're still hanging around here and taking time for yourself to walk. Take care of yourself so you can recover quickly.

Monikita - That race and costume sound great. Please share pictures if you do it again this year!!

I just got in from a 3 mile run, and it went pretty good. I had to stop for a minute for a quick stretch of the calves and hip flexors because they were starting to get really tight.

Weekly goals:
Monday - Yoga, bike
Tuesday - Run 2, abs
Wednesday - Run 3
Thursday - Yoga
Friday - Run 4
Saturday - Run 2
Sunday - Weightlift

#78 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

: worked all afternoon on my web class and poof gone. Grrrr.
Must.
learn.
dreamweaver.
Tonight.

I was just checking in basically to stalk mamabeth. but...drjen....how about a pinwheel for dd? or some other wheel she can play with? Or maybe a straightjacket? (just kidding....)

I had a crazy day...up at a reasonable time for once, spent the morning working on the computer. Of interest is that my fingers are somewhat swollen. Nothing major, but annoying...We then ran out to home depot store and target to buy random things we've been putting off for some time. Got home about 1.5 hrs later and I felt like absolute crap. I've had what feels like twice my body weight in water today and some serious protein, but the swelling is still there in my fingers -- just fingers, not feet either. I ate dinner and feel a little better but would take any thoughts on what to do to help the swelling. I've been changing from one chair to another to standing at my bar-stool height table to almost laying totally on my face...so posture's probably not related.

#79 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

I did 25 mins yesterday & a 40 min walk tonight. DD is asleep at a decent hour for the first time in 3 nights, so I am looking forward to getting up to run in the morning! Also looking forward to cooler weather so I can run at a time other than morning if I want! Monikita, I hear you on the fall/winter as better for running than summer!

ND: and How did the salsa making go? Wanna share your recipe?

babybugmama & doctorjen: zoo runs sound like so much fun!

How do you all find races? I'd like to find a 5k to run next month, but I don't know where to look...

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#80 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma
How do you all find races? I'd like to find a 5k to run next month, but I don't know where to look...
I search online for track clubs in my area and they usually have a calendar of races on their website. Also, some running stores usually carry sign up sheets for local races. Good luck finding a race, and welcome to the naughty dingo chasers club!

#81 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 11:02 PM

Kerc - Oh mama I feel you on the computer aggravation. Dh is always bemused when I complain about losing something ... until today when it happened to him and i said, a little too snidely, yeah, it sucks when that happens .... As for the swelling, no help here....hopefully not preeclampsia. Certainly ask at your next visit

Drjen - I hear you on the wheel thing! Only my DD puts her foot on it, and practically grinds the stroller to a halt. I lunge forward into the handle ...ask her not to do it, and then 3 minutes later she does it again (and Im not sure its not intentional - 3 is such a fun age, grr). I just try to have something to occupy her, and hopefully havent run out of all the stuff I brought (lots of snacks in little baggies - yes, unenvironmentally friendly, but she likes opening and closing each baggy as she finishes one - books,... but Im sure you know all these. Sorry no help for you either :LOL

No run today, although I think the sicknesses are gone. However, Ive been feeling melancholy this week. Really homesick, which I thought I got rid of last month, and me and Dh realizing that he needs to work more hours (he hasnt been studying as much as he should) Im so OVER pushing him out the door to study when all I want is to have him home. During med school I felt like my solitude and childrearing was my contribution to his success, so when he did well, I felt good. 4 years later, its getting old. How much do we/will we care if he's a star vs. spending time with his kids? Anyway, Im trying to buck up, and buckle down (*only* 3 more years, right...) I know running would help lift my mood, but its such a vicious cycle. I must get out there and break it. Yuck what a complainer! :

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#82 of 523 Old 09-04-2005, 11:05 PM

i'm just jumping in occasionally here - i just finished week four of the c25k plan. today was my first run without a walk break....20 minutes. it felt good!
#83 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom
During med school I felt like my solitude and childrearing was my contribution to his success, so when he did well, I felt good. 4 years later, its getting old. How much do we/will we care if he's a star vs. spending time with his kids?

so wait...he's doing a phd/md kind of program? Being the cheering spouse in a phd program is really tough. And now being on the other side has been hard on me. my husband, erik, spent spring semester literally writing his entire dissertation minus two chapters -- he'd been in grad school 10 yrs! and now I'm in the final push (well Baby L wasn't planned so I'm extending my timeframe by about 6 months and taking it slow this fall beginning in about 4 days, I hope). Its a tough road and I'm realizing that although when I began this whole thing 5 yrs ago I thought I wanted to be some kind of hotshot, I don't. I seriously don't. My community college job might be enough to keep me going.

#84 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 01:42 AM

who was it that took notes on the threads so she could write personals? i've decided that is the only way i will be able to write them. so i have officially added another layer to my geekiness, in order to compensate for my mommy brain. here goes! :LOL

babybug - hope the race today went well!! and congrats to your dh - mine is getting down on himself - hasn't lost his sympathy weight yet - but he is planning on spending part of his day off tomorrow tuning up his bike so he can start riding on tuesday. we'll see!

ND - ::: baby dingo vibes:::: i also had some serious bleeding with ds's pregnancy and all was fine.

monikita - yay about the milk!!!! and i love your costume idea - classic!

kerc - congrats on the paper - i NEED to finish up a project for which i have been collecting data for TWO YEARS. i'm heading into the office tomorrow to analyze some day - i WISH i had spss at home.

drjen - ugh about the driver. i just ordered a jogging stroller (got the bob ironman on clearance, btw! ) and i am worried about the traffic and insane drivers around here. :

moving - runner's world has a decent race search engine.

me update - ran about 3.5 yesterday with my friend - it was SO nice to have a running buddy. i always run alone - and don't have the mentality of a runner - often resulting in a lot of "well, i'm tired so i'll cut this loop short" and "i'll just walk up this last hill." we ran faster and a bit longer than i usually do - which was nice to see that i have the ability to run like that - and will probably do nicely in my race in three weeks. sometimes it feels so good to have your butt kicked!

did another 3.5 today - dh dropped me off halfway to his mom's - where we were headed for a barbeque. i totally forgot (or never really thought about the fact?) that the approach into their town is a loooooong gradual uphill. it was NOT pleasant, but a more scenic run than i usually do, so i guess it all balances out in the end! when we got home, dh and i did the power yoga flexibility tape which was much appreciated after the two tough runs in a row!

to everyone i didn't mention!
#85 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 07:44 AM

good am mamas-
another crazy work week planned, with childcare for about 9 hours - so I'll be mostly just reading and living vicariously. I got out to walk run or bike 4 or 5 days last week, I'd like to get out 3 to 4 days for this week - that's about all I can do for goals!

dh's marathon training is going surprisingly well. I can't believe it but he did 18 miles the last 2 weekends and will do 12 next weekend and the race is the following weekend. when I told him on sat that I was really impressed that he had managed to ramp up the mileage without hurting himself, he said 'how many times do I have to tell you? you married a stud!' I guess I did!

ugh on the computer troubles - I am experiencing them too, I keep thinking 'just get me to the end of the week without a meltdown and I promise I'll take it somewhere to get it fixed'. that was 3 weeks ago...ugh!!!
(at least that was a little nudge to get me to back up my files from last week) thanks!

happy running mamas.
kathy
#86 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 08:07 AM

fingers on the wheels...I told dd that it made it hard for mommy to push the jogger, I also told her she could hurt her little fingers...you may also try giving her some wood beads strung together on rope twine...very interesting tactile combination...can distract long enough for her to forget about the awesome sensation of putting on the brakes for mommy.
#87 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I haven't tried to catch up on anything before this page - things move too fast around here!

We got home at 3am today so I am a little on the sleepy side - 14 hours of driving through northern Ontario to get home so the kids could wake up in their own beds the day before their first ever day of school. Definitely worth it when we watched them joyfully snuggle in when they realized where they were! They are so very, very wonderful. I think I may go through some serious withdrawl this week - doesn't help that I came home to a bunch of e-mails from homeschooling groups

Our trip was great. Saw lots of wildlife and and had a blast camping. Lake Superior is so beautiful. We had a good time with our friends too - and even though we drove for 14 hours, it was not unpleasant - so much better than driving through built up areas. kerc - faced your direction while we were in Marathon and waved to you

I think I'll go for a walk today and start running again tomorrow.
#88 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 10:40 AM

Shantimama - I'm glad you had such a great trip. Good luck getting your kiddos off to school tomorrow.

My husband and I are going to pack up our bikes and go to a paved trail near by my university. I am excited, and now I'm trying to figure out how I can take the camera along.

#89 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Wow, I just can't keep up! I haven't read the last couple pages yet.

I'm at work today for 4 hours - I've been here nearly a year and with moving, etc. I haven't been able to save up much time off. We use PTO for everything so there are no holidays. I'm here today so that I will have 3 days on hand in case we go to the beach in about a month!

I didn't run Saturday, did 38 mins. Sunday morning, and haven't run today yet, but plan to this evening. The weather here is so lovely, a little cold even for those first few minutes of a run. Happy running to all of you!

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#90 of 523 Old 09-05-2005, 10:50 AM

Hi there...no stalking required yet, I don't think. I'm going to labor at home until I can't anymore (we live four miles from the hospital) so I'll most likely post when I think it's happening. But I am decidedly not running and not even really walking anymore, so I've just been reading and stuff.

We walked to the grocery store two nights ago and it was so hard...it was only about a mile and half round trip but up a few hills, and I had bad, painful B/H all the way back and then was so sore yesterday. So I am going to try to keep walking at least a bit but it is getting really tough because the B/H are so painful when I go. But then they stop. so, keep sending those labor vibes! It is early still but I can't quite imagine another three weeks of this...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page