T-Tapp - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2006, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bonawich, I like to do Primary Back Stretch and Hoedowns without the DVD most days because I like to take them at different speeds. I think it helps me to sometimes work slowly and carefully, and sometimes work more quickly.

I've started QiGong, and have discovered that the basic QiGong stance is a lot like a relaxed version of the basic T-Tapp stance. It's definitely easier for me to sink into the QiGong after all the T-Tapp practice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Still tapping!

I would come back to Instructional 1 at least every 2 weeks to learn more stuff in detail. I promise you'll pick up something new every time you watch it!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:35 PM

Well, I'm sold.

Can someone tell me what to buy? In words, not letters... I'm 100% confused by all of the tape options. It's like a whole other language...

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Old 08-05-2006, 12:06 AM

Total Workout Package for $79.99. Has Instructionals 1 and 2, Beginner Rehab, and Basic Plus, and several other bonuses. They are the only tapes I used for the first 9 months I did T-Tapp. I used the instructionals for 4 months and the beginner rehab tape for 5 months, and only because I wanted variety did I get more, they were working for me just fine.

Ive been tapping for 5 years.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:43 PM

I got Basic Workout Plus because I absolutely knew I would never want to spend more than about 15 minutes a day on this. Otherwise I would've gotten the Total Workout.

By the way, another con I've thought of if that T-Tapp doesn't build functional strength in my upper body. In other words, it doesn't increase my ability to tote around growing kids, swim more laps, do more and longer handstands without tiring. I need to lift weights for that. For the past month I've continued T-tapping but dropped the weight training, and I really notice a difference. Perhaps this is a matter of using Basic Workout instead of some of the other packages?
Old 08-05-2006, 04:59 PM

if youre only using basic plus youre not GETTING the benefits of the whole workout. Youre getting 15 minutes of the core moves without the rest of the workout. Plies arm sequence builds arm strength, but when its combined with the other moves on the rest of the workout, you do develop strength.

I like tow eight lift because it does address more bluk and does build more "strength training" strength, but for the average person, it develops average muscle strength in the arms, with long lean muscle.

You must be pretty fit to start with, Im guessing.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:10 PM

Do I really need to drop $80? Are none of the other workouts good?

Old 08-06-2006, 05:40 AM

How many of you who are using this method really use it regularly and have NOT been to a class? I checked out the website and I'm really pretty confused about what makes this workout so special. I feel like I need more hand holding than a video could offer when it comes to form, etc.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
Old 08-06-2006, 02:50 PM

Sheena,

All of Teresa's workouts are terrific if you work your form to the max. The instructionals, however, are the foundation for all these videos. If you don't have a good understanding of the T-Tapp form, as layed out in the instructionals, you're not going to benefit from the other videos, where there aren't as many form reminders. You could try the Basic Plus Workout, which has Instructional #1 and if you really like it, order Instructional #2/TWO at a later time.

Speaking from personal experience, that $80 was money well spent and I have no regrets. Any other T-Tapp video I get will be bought just to spice things up.

Kat,

I've been tapping consistently for over four months and I've never been to a class (I've lost almost 16"). With the instructionals, Teresa moves at a slower pace and really takes the time to describe what you should be doing with every movement. When I first started, I hit the 'pause' button frequently because it is a lot of information to process but it becomes old hat after a while. Nonetheless, I popped in I#2 the other day and picked up on some form tips I had somehow overlooked the first few times with it, not to mention that I was really sore the day after! Now I know why the trainers recommend you revisit the Instructionals from time to time.

If you can get to a class, that would be great because from what I've heard, the trainers really help you tweak your form. Given that, Teresa just wants us to do our best. You'll still see results - I have, and I KNOW my form is far from perfect.

myCelia
Old 08-06-2006, 04:42 PM

I've never been to a class. I'm just not a class sort of person, so unless the class is going to take place next door for free when I'm not doing anything else anyway and they'll provide dynamite babysitting, don't expect to see me in one. If I wanted to *GO* somewhere I'd join the Y and park my kids in the childcare there -- one of the reasons I T-Tapp is that I can do it at home in a short time.

I learn a lot cruising the T-Tapp forums. I never post, but have considered asking specific questions ... usually, though, it's enough to take in and incorporate what everyone else is saying. I also learned a lot from the book, which I bought after owning Basic Workout for a year. Of course, my learning style is such that I do well with reading some directions and then messing around and figuring out stuff myself -- I taught myself to knit that way. Also, I've taken lots of dance classes and a few martial arts classes, and have done yoga for years and years -- all of which add up to knowing quite a bit about how to move your body according to verbal directions (although it can be more confusing when you're learning something new and different, but that's another story). So maybe my experience won't be true for someone else.

Sheena, I purchased T-Tapp after making an agreement with myself that this was IT -- no more purchasing a copy of Shape or other exercise magazines, no fiddling with other videos, no more buying fancy equipment. The spending on magazines was probably the biggest thing, as those glossy covers with their promises of "The Best Abs Workout Ever" were such a temptation to me; I could easily fritter away $30-$40 per year on magazines. I've held to that promise. Heck, I wouldn't be able to fit into last year's swimsuit if I didn't T-Tapp, so there's another savings! Of course, if you're dropping so many inches that you need a new wardrobe that won't hold true, but what a great "problem" to have ....
Old 08-06-2006, 05:20 PM

so i got the video in the mail last monday. i have watched the seminar that is with it and have watched the workout video. i plan on starting the actually basic plus tomorrow. for the last week i have been doing the moves she shows in the seminar to reduce back fat and i can tell a difference already, i wish that i had measured my top half befor i started doing them. i also take her advice on how to walk with feet forward and on the outside of your foot, not on your arch and wow, that makes for a sore butt and legs because when i walk that way my butt automatically tucks under and i keep my sholders back. so just from doing thoes two things i really feel it so i am excited to start the "real workout" tomorrow. i just thought that if i took a week to keep practicing the form i may have a better start so all day long i stop here and there to tuck butt, sholders back, knees bent, push knees out. my boys must think i have lost my mind

i really hope that i get to be one of the success stories on here along with the rest of you, you have all done so great that who could resist trying ttapp
Old 08-06-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Sheena, I purchased T-Tapp after making an agreement with myself that this was IT -- no more purchasing a copy of Shape or other exercise magazines, no fiddling with other videos, no more buying fancy equipment. The spending on magazines was probably the biggest thing, as those glossy covers with their promises of "The Best Abs Workout Ever" were such a temptation to me; I could easily fritter away $30-$40 per year on magazines. I've held to that promise. Heck, I wouldn't be able to fit into last year's swimsuit if I didn't T-Tapp, so there's another savings! Of course, if you're dropping so many inches that you need a new wardrobe that won't hold true, but what a great "problem" to have ....
Yeah, i can understand that! What's going on for me is that we're moving in one week and leaving our Lifetime Fitness (sniffle) so I haven't spent a lot on videos or equipment but we do spend $120 a month on Lifetime. When I look at it like that a one-time layout of $80 doesn't seem like that much.

I'm going to do it, you all convinced me, lol. I'm going to wait until we get to NC but this week I'm going to do all of the trial stuff just to see how it is. I'm totally psyched though.

Oh, I meant to ask, does anyone lose actual pounds with this or just inches?

Old 08-06-2006, 07:28 PM

where are you in NC? Im in Raleigh and I have been tapping for 5 yrs and was a trainer for 3 (am on hiatus right now). I'd be happy to come instruct you

I lost 36 inches, 30 lbs, and 4 dress sizes after the birth of my first child, without ever being to a class. I went and found out I was doing a crapload wrong.. yet look how many inches I lost doing it wrong!!!!

A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat.. so you do lose weight, but not as much as you think you need to in order to fit into your ideal size. For isntance... Im 5 ft 7, Im a 36 G cup, and when I am as fit and thin as I can be realistically (size 8), I weigh 160-165 pounds. Im currently a size 10/12 and 180 at 5 ft 7.

It is realy worth it to drop the $80, because the instructionals are the backbone of the workout. And you need to do the instructionals for as long as you can stand it, and come bck and visit the instructionals often.

People hve had great success never going to a class. if you can just get with another tapper to workout, its a great thing to just have them see what they think about your form, and you about theirs, youve both beenw atching the same videos, and may have picked up different form tips, or may have a better eye to say "it looks like Teresa is doing this, but you're doing this" and you might not have noticed that in watching yourself Tapp in the mirror.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:26 PM

Cool Jeni! I'll be in southwest Durham, super close to Raleigh. My sister and I are planning to do it together so hopefully we'll be able to see if one of us looks funky. Are there any classes in the Triangle?

Old 08-06-2006, 11:36 PM

nope, I was a local trainer here for 3 years and I couldnt get any business at all. The local tappers didnt even want to get together once a month, much less take a class or have one on one instruction. I got a few emails from women in Charlotte, and told them Id be happy to drive over and teach, and they just didnt want it.

Id be happy to see if we cna get a couple of women together now and then, though. I havent asked since before I got pregnant with Felicity. I can't officially teach since I am not currently listed as a trainer, but I am qualified to check your form and stuff
Old 08-07-2006, 12:35 AM

Hey all! I measured today (just finished a six week challenge) and since 6/18/06 I have lost 19.5 inches! The bulk of my workout is the Basic Workout Plus. While I enjoy the Total Workout, it got to be too long - with constant interruptions from my DS it took me a good hour to hour and a half to finish it, and I just don't have that kind of time!

4.5 of those inches were from my "mama belly," which really makes me happy. I'm planning on getting one of the shorter advanced workouts (probably Tempo Arms) next.

I have never been to a class. I watched the instructionals, I bought the book and read it about three times, and I do the workout about 4-5 times a week. My diet is atrocious (I really have to start doing better on this!), and once I get that under control I think I will see even more inches start to come off.

I think this workout is worth it! 19.5 inches in 6 weeks! (I have yet to drop another size though... maybe after my August boot camp.)
Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 AM

Wow, that's awesome! I can't seem to be consistent enough to get results (story of my life...) I need to keep hearing these positive stories and get motivated!

Emily
Old 08-07-2006, 01:16 AM

I'm so glad I found this topic. I'd never heard of T-Tapp (bef. stopping to read) and was getting so frustrated with some recent weight gain. I'm on the smaller side (5'3" and usually 114) but have been gaining weight since February or March. It wasn't so much the weight on the scale that was bothering me, it was the ever-expanding roll around my abdomen and the pants that were too tight. The most frustrating part was that I'd been doing more exercise than in previous months and really watching my diet. I had my thryod tested (normal) so was feeling baffled. My mom's answer was, "...well, you know--you are almost 30." As if I'm just supposed to live with it, no way. Long story short, I saw this thread a few nights ago, checked out the T-Tapp site and tried hoe-downs and putting your organs in place. They're working. My posture is much better, my pants are fitting again and I've got some energy (I re-worked a flower bed Friday and cleaned out the garage on Saturday!!). It feels like a great start. I'm going to keep at it and plan to purchase a dvd in the near future. Thanks everyone!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM

I have a lot of trouble being consistent, too. Especially now, with the heat... I am dripping with sweat by the end of the workout and I HATE to be sweaty. HATE. So I'm having a lot of trouble getting motiviated. But when I do the workout, I feel so good. That's what I try to focus on.

My sister FINALLY did a 7 day boot camp and she told me that she couldn't believe the results. She is standing taller, her back pain is gone, and she has ENERGY! That is the magic of T-Tapp right there.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:51 PM

ok so is this normal? i just did the video for the first time and i couldnt do the whole thing. i had to keep stopping due to my legs shakeing and muscles cramping. i am WAY out of shape and have alot of weight on me so i did what i could with the form as perfect as i could for my first try. i just didnt want to keep doing the moves without the correct form. so i would stop for a minute and then start again. i am super sweaty and my legs are ready to fall off. so is this ok or am i doing something wrong if i cant do all the reps :
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 PM

being consistent is way more important than having "perfect form".

ive been doing this for 5 yrs, and I dont have perfect form

The longer you do it, the more you understand it, the more often you do it with good form. It is a process. Its a learning curve.

If you wait till you have perfect form, youll never start!

It is very normal to not be able to make it through, having to stop, watch some and do some as far as reps. You are working hard and giving your best, and thats awesome!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoMom
where are you in NC? Im in Raleigh and I have been tapping for 5 yrs and was a trainer for 3 (am on hiatus right now). I'd be happy to come instruct you
I'm in Chapel Hill and just started. I would love to come and get some form tips!

I'm finding it hard to even fit in the 15 minutes per day, but have started by promising to do 2 workouts per week this month and then 3 next...

Nicole, mama to a seven year old wonder and a three year old joy and caretaker to 3 kitties and 9 hens. 

Old 08-07-2006, 09:09 PM

Whoa. I ordered the full set but today I decided to try some of the workouts on the website. Now, I'm no aerobics queen but I can do the elliptical trainer for an hour and a half and I can do 50 minutes of kick boxing, etc... I nearly DIED after 3 minutes of hoe downs! My legs actually felt like worthless appendages.

How hard is this?

It was kind of cool to feel muscle groups I never knew I had, lol. I can tell I am going to be SOOOOO sore after the first few days.

Oh, I keep seeing Boot Camp. What is that? Will that come with my set?

Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 AM

So, this is kind of embarrassing but I have to ask if anyone else has experienced any weird ...I don't know, side effects/symptoms after starting T-tapp? I've only been "putting my organs in place" and "hoe downs" from the website but noticed some spotting (I never do that) and don't expect my period for another two weeks or so. I though it could be due to ovulation or (yikes) implantation but like I said, I never show spotting mid-month and took a prego test to rule the latter out. I was willing to live with the freak-spotting during ovulation theory but then my friend started some of the free exercises the other day and said that while going to the bathroom after "putting her organs in place" she was spotting too. I was glad to hear I may not be the only one but got to wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. It's a little weird. We wonder if we just had some organs out of alignment which trapped some blood during our prevoius menstural cycles. Hmmm.

Also, I was reading that these exercises really work your lymph as well. I've had terrible allergy symptoms for the past two days too. Jeeze, am I just sort of detoxing with these new exercises? I very rarely have any allergy symptoms and it's not a cold.

Anyone? I think this is rather weird.
Thanks,
Kate
Old 08-08-2006, 03:08 AM

Thank you SO much to the original poster! I was just browsing the forum a couple weeks ago and decided to take a look at this thread. It looked a little like something I'd done in high school that worked (Callanetics), but I've found this is so much more.

I did a couple exercises off the website for a few days while waiting for my copy of the book. After two days, my "barometer jeans" slipped on w/o being the slightest bit tight. That was nice! Then, I did what I could figure out of the BWO+ for 4 days, and only got maybe 1/4 of it done for the next two days. I measured again, and I had lost ALMOST 5 INCHES!!! That's like, more than an inch per workout! That was all from my upper body, my hips and below stayed exactly the same, but that is OK. I loved losing an inch off my ribcage. It has been uncomfortable under all bras since having my babies and now it is not so bad.

My back and neck problems seem to be improving too. I can't wait to tell my chiropractor about it, though it may be a while before I have to see him again at this rate!

I am debating about buying a video - my friend is doing it with me (just with what she can find on the website) and she is really liking it as well. We apparently have an instructor in the area, and she may be having a seminar next month. We will definitely use that opportunity.

So thanks again to the OP - this has been just GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, for me already. And with results like that, I can't help but keep it up!

Krista
Old 08-09-2006, 02:55 AM

Kate,

I recall this being brought up a few times at the T-Tapp forum and have linked a couple of threads about it. When I first started tapping, I didn't do OIP/HF but I also noticed a bit of mid-cycle spotting. Seems to have straightened itself out because I don't spot anymore and from what I gather it's a sign of hormonal adjustment and not uncommon.

Of course, if you continue to spot, go see your doctor. Several years ago, I experienced spotting between cycles (without pain) and I was diagnosed with mild endometriosis.

http://forum.t-tapp.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27956

http://forum.t-tapp.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35693

myCelia
Old 08-09-2006, 05:05 PM

MyCelia: Thanks so much for the response. I was starting to worry a bit and agree that I should see a doctor if it persists, but feel better knowing I'm not alone.

I've told a ton of folks about t-tapp. I just can't believe how great it is. I am on the smaller side (though don't always feel like it, esp. lately) but am wearing my jeans again with pride. I don't feel like I'm spilling over the top any more! I've still only been doing 2 or 3 exercises from the site but they really seem to be making a difference. I'm so excited to purchase the dvd's and really get tapping.

Keep it up ladies.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:37 AM

so i have been doing the move she shows to reduce back fat for two weeks now and i swear that when i looked in the mirror this morning that it wasnt my back i was looking at my "hump" is going away and the rest just looks so much more toned. i am a big girl but now looking at my back you would never know. i am so excited. today is day 4 of my boot camp and i can already see a difference in my pants, please tell me that i am not imagining this. i keep thinking that there is no way i can tell this big of a difference just after 3 days. did anyone else notice such a big change so fast? also i have not been dieting, just gave up soda and drinking alot more water
Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 PM

I lost a full size in 3 weeks when I first started the program. I have yet to lose another size, but I am getting close now that I've been doing it for about three months. I've been consistently losing inches every week, though. It's just a matter of time before my clothes fit better!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:10 PM

well i just finished day 11 of my 14 day bootcamp i dont remember the last time i worked out this many days in a row. i am so in love with the hoedowns, and i can finally do them all

i really notice a difference in how my clothes are fitting and it is great. last night i had this dream that my thighs were sooooooo thin i am just really excited that i stuck to it and am going to complete the 14 day bootcamp. one day i almost didnt work out but then i thought about how bad i would feel and i got my butt up and did it. im glad now that i did

User Tag List